Turn any text into an audiobook
Speechify let’s you read faster and comprehend more on chrome using text to speech. Just highlight the text you want to read and listen/read at the same time. Get the companion iPhone, Android, and Mac apps here: 📱iPhone/iPad (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/speechify-text-to-speech/id1209815023?mt=8) 📳Android https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cliffweitzman.speechify 💻Mac (https://getspeechify.com/) if you do have a mac we recommend the Mac app instead. Our book: 😊 https://www.facebook.com/cweitzman/posts/10214735733279839 Using Speechify when reading increases retention and comprehension by using two senses at the same time to intake information. It also let's you read faster AND makes it much more difficult to get distracted while you read/listen (since when there is a voice speaking it's hard to lose your spot). Speechify also let's you text entire pages from your browser to your phone number as mobile mini-audiobooks. You can use the keyboard shortcut Alt+A to play Speechify when text is selected and Alt+Q to pause. Expect many more improvements to come. We are very excited to make Speechify accessible for free to all desktop users - on Mac, PC, and Chromebook. In the feedback section please let us know what killer feature would make you use this every day? We use to offer Deep learning based HD Text To Speech voices, but these are under maintenance at the moment. We still offer many other voices to choose from :) Much love, Cliff & The Speechify Team
- (2020-04-01) jordan walters: I like the voices it has but it keep glitching out. For instant, when you highlight a text and it reads it for you when it's finish it will reread it again without pressing play. This gets so annoying but that's not all. After a while the extension will stop working so u have to re-download it again so it can work. Please please please fix these issues, the app works great on my phone and I would love to see it work here too.
- (2020-03-24) Coach Corroach: Love it!
- (2020-03-20) Ryan Smith: Absolutely amazing. It's seriously a game changer.
- (2020-03-12) Jess Morel: its amazing as an app on the iPhone but not as impressive on my laptop chrome book
- (2020-03-11) Danielle Tobin: Can't get it to work. It keeps telling me I haven't highlighted any text. I have highlighted text.
- (2020-03-11) Hosanna Reid: I use it to turn my e textbooks into audio so I can listen while driving or reading the book. It helps me to comprehend the information better and helps me to pick up things I don't understand just reading. I also use it to make audiobooks out of some of my kindle and ibook files.
- (2020-03-02) Coach Drew Snelgrove: Excellent assistance tool. Need to add the opportunity to read PDF articles online.
- (2020-02-28) Hadar Weitzman: Love this app. English is my second language, so for me it's much easier and faster to listen with this app then reading, especially when I am tired (even when it's just a fb post - when it's longer than one paragraph). I've also improved my speed in listening thanks to this app. Recommended!!
- (2020-02-26) Dr Thaung Htike: Working perfectly fine.
- (2020-02-25) Kalyn Johnson: How have I been going through college without this tool!
- (2020-02-24) JTY GOOGLE: good
- (2020-02-18) Marina Edward: it crashes all the time!!!
- (2020-02-18) Shota Aizawa: I like it, but the thing is, when ever I use this, I would highlight something and it would do what it's suppose to do (and thats great) but the problem is, when i go to another tab or if I highlight another it would go and repeat the first, but other than the I like it, I've been waiting for something like this for a while now! THANK YOU!!!
- (2020-02-17) Kara Hu: good
- (2020-02-11) n winch: The Best!! A Life Saver App!!
- (2020-02-06) Quaanan Kessete Teweldebrhan: Love it.
- (2020-02-02) Beryl Trudinger-Smith: awesome
- (2020-02-02) Amanda B: It isn't working. I highlight the text and the program won't recognize it
- (2020-02-02) P T: cool
- (2020-01-29) Jonathan Bachelor: Speechify is extraordinarily helpful to me... I am able to quickly get through various articles, blogs, and documentation in short order thanks to Cliff's amazing extension and the super convenient keyboard shortcuts! LOVE it!! Thank you, Cliff!
- (2020-01-28) Ricardo Gouvea: Funcionando perfeitamente na extensão do Chrome
- (2020-01-28) Almar Marinósson: Hard time to start....
- (2020-01-27) Chad Keith: rad!
- (2020-01-25) 常用帳: good
- (2020-01-24) Louy Ashraf: its not working anymore
- (2020-03-11, v:3.2.11) LUIS JAVIER Rolon: No funciona en textos de pdf que abro en chroome
intento seleccionar el programa Speechify y no me funciona en archivos pdf que abro en el chrome, quisiera saber por que o que debo hacer para solucionar este inconveniente
- (2020-01-24, v:3.2.11) Acton East Bay Guides: Doesn't display all language choices
Trying to install on a student chromebook. Languages only listed are US Male, Dutch, Portuguese, Spanish, French, Italian, Korean, Dutch, Hindi and Indonesian. Whereas, on my computer, I see many more including UK Male. Is there a security setting which limits this?
- (2019-05-28, v:3.2.7) Waqas Rabbani: Does not show written words
There are few problems with extension; 1. In the pop-up window of the extension, can't see the text along with audio, as it is shown in intro video. I can hear to sound, but there the no corresponding text. 2. When click on extension icon after selecting text, the audio doesn't start. It starts only when I click on extension's icon from right click menu. 3. When audio starts playing, there is no way to stop it. No matter how many times I click on pause button from extension's pop-up menu, it doesn't pause. Please guide me how to fix these issues.
- (2019-04-30, v:3.2.0) Thalia Rodkin: what extension should I be using
had to download the app again because it stopped working/reading the highlighted text and seemed to be asking for a sign in and password, which I didn't realize I had before. when I downloaded it again it asked what extension to use...I didn't know so I picked window media player....guess what, that doesn't work, and now I don't know what to do.
- (2019-03-07, v:3.1.4) Chrome extension
does not read after highlighting paragraph
- (2019-02-13, v:3.1.4) french voice
Hi! I've been trying to use the french voice but the reading stops after a minute or so. It doesn't read all the text I selected but it stops after a few lines. Can you tell me why that is ? Thank you for your help and for speechify that provides very natural sounding voices.
- (2019-01-18, v:3.1.4) Chromebook?
Can you tell me if Speechify works on a Chrombook?
- (2019-01-15, v:3.1.4) Vivek Sathe: Send to iPhone
I am using the Chrome Extension but not able to send 'selected text' from a sample file in Google Doc directly to my iPhone though as suggested i'm logged into same google account on both desktop and iPhone. Not sure what i'm doing wrong. Thanks, Vivek Sathe
- (2018-12-27, v:3.1.3) MM A: Move existing Speechify files to New Folder
I have several existing files that I imported into Speechify. How to I move those files to the new folders that I created for organization? I am on the Android OS. If there is no direct way, where are the files stored in the directory structure ? Perhaps, I can move from behind the scenes. Thank you in advance for your support. I love Speechify!
- (2018-11-14, v:3.1.3) Michael D'Arcangelo: not reading
hello, i think i need an update? i cannot get speechify to ready any amount of text. Thanks
- (2018-08-23, v:3.1.3) Amber Wootan: Can't download
I'm trying to download Speechify. And nothing is happening when I push the added to chrome button.
- (2018-05-30, v:3.1.2) Jason Shellen: Blocking access to some sites
Visit sumo.com with extension-enabled, can't see any content. Disable extension, content appears fine.