Listen to any website with Speechify for Chrome
📚 Reading is hard 🎧 Listening is easy ⭐ Get the #1 text-to-speech AI reading assistant ⭐ Perfect for school, work, and casual reading Listen to Gmail, Google Docs, Wikipedia, blogs, news articles, online courses, PDFs, + more “This app helped me fall in love with reading” Also available on Android or iOS📱 LISTENING WITH SPEECHIFY HELPS YOU SAVE MORE TIME Get through more reading in less time. Listening to text can be 2-3x faster than reading it. DO MORE AT ONCE Listen on your commute, at the gym, or while you do the dishes. LEARN + REMEMBER MORE Listen and take notes for deeper learning. Understand and retain more of what you’ve heard. ✨ FEATURES ✨ LISTEN TO ANYTHING ONLINE Listen to Gmail, Google Docs, PDFs, and any webpage right in your browser without leaving the page. The highlighting feature makes it easy to follow along as you listen. HUMAN-LIKE READING VOICES Listen to the most natural sounding voices available in speech-to-text AI technology. Better listening voices make it easy to stay focused and connected to what you’re hearing. FASTER SPEEDS + MORE LANGUAGE SUPPORT Customize your Speechify experience. Listen at up to 9x the average reading speed and in over 20 different languages. SAVE + SYNC YOUR CONTENT Sign in to your account + download the app on Android or iOS for the total Speechify experience. Save content to your library from your desktop or your phone and listen to it all anytime, anywhere. A WORD FROM OUR FOUNDER We created Speechify so that reading is never a barrier for anyone again. Designed to help people with dyslexia, ADHD, Low vision acuity, concussions, and other reading disabilities, Speechify helps hundreds of thousands of people to consume their reading content with ease. From those with reading disabilities to auditory learners, productivity fanatics, second language learners, hobbyists, and more, we love all of our users and strive every day to create a reading assistant that empowers them to read more and succeed in life. We can't wait for you to join the family :) – Happy listening & much love, Cliff Weitzman + the Speechify Team
- (2021-10-16) Moe Games: Works well for reading long studies
- (2021-10-16) Victoria Ramírez: Muy bueno
- (2021-10-16) J B: Works great, but too expensive I really like this extension but it's just not worth the 11-12$ per month. If it was 4-5$ a month I would have paid for it.
- (2021-10-16) I'm proofing my book just back from the typesetter and it's incredibly beneficial to both read and listen at the same time to catch errors. The only reason it's a 4/5 is that the voice stumbles over some words/wording. That is, those stumbles keep me on my toes. :)
- (2021-10-16) Snail シ: its helpful because i usually have issues keeping track of reading and also reading in my head. loved it for homework, totally recommend.
- (2021-10-16) kyle anderson: YOU CAN MAKE IT REPEAT STUFF WITHOUT IT GETTING WORRIED... BEST TEACHER EVER!!!
- (2021-10-16) Herry Rico: its nice
- (2021-10-16) Boy450: Speechify Is Just Brilliant
- (2021-10-15) Cpt. Joestar: won't open, doesn't work at all
- (2021-10-15) Bunny: ♥ it works fine for me
- (2021-10-15) QuakIsBlac: good
- (2021-10-15) Madison Deitch: It does what it's meant to do for the most part, but the text highlight feature does not work when you increase the speed by even 0.1x It gets behind and then stops highlighting altogether.
- (2021-10-15) Elise Encarnacion: I like to read books online and Speechify helps me read the books.
- (2021-10-15) Ron smit: I cannot get it to work at all. I'm using windows 10 have the blue extension sign in chrome but noting happens when I press it or when I highlight text, was about to remove it but I hope someone my explain to me what I'm doing wrong.
- (2021-10-15) Micah and Michelle: I am just using this and so far so good, its skipped over some parts but what I dont like is it blocking your page until you give a rating. That is annoying.
- (2021-10-15) A L: I have severe adhd and this app is helping to keep me on task for all the reading im currently doing in college. I also use it to read important work documents that would normally take me an hour to get through- with this app it takes minutes. My productivity is increasing to a point I never thought possible for myself. I no longer find myself having to ask for extra time with school assignments or work deadlines. Thanks so much for creating this app!
- (2021-10-15) Jacob Pidd: Im currently using the app to help me get through my heaps of reading for my Masters. It's particualrly useful if you have a lot of reading and not a lot of time.
- (2021-10-15) Shubhalaxmi Rout: It's interesting and helpful.
- (2021-10-15) Hector Manuel Calampa: amé
- (2021-10-15) Tyler Bade: Needs better recognition of words that are broken up with dashes. Words are consistently broken up and not always discernable without reading over the word. Also, I can not copy text while the program is reading or paused. I keep having to refer back to the original PDF if I want to copy a useful quote
- (2021-10-15) Jpjh Briezingtin: Earlier this year, I installed the Speechify chrome extension because I thought that I could really use it. When I first got it, I picked a voice that I liked and for that day I had some amount of joy with Speechify. The next day, I had an English assignment to do and when I turned on Speechify, it was a different voice, one that I didn't pick, and when I went to change it, it required a premium membership, which was sad, but I got used to it. Recently however, when I try to turn on speechify, it doesn't turn on, at all, even though when I hover over it, it claims to have access to the site. If the developers fix my problem, I will change my rating to 5x what it currently is.
- (2021-10-15) Shrimp Y: Great idea, amazing even. I have inattentive ADHD and I very much struggle with procrastination and motivation to do ANY of my homework which ultimately leads to me failing everything. reading things, especially long passages, is really difficult for my brain to even consider doing. When I watch YouTube I have a hard time paying attention and being interested in the video even if its about something I absolutely love, I've learned that if I adjust the audio speed to 1.25x-1.5x on YouTube it processes a million times better and I can actually pay attention to what I'm listening to instead of zoning out, which gets me to my next point: why so dang expensive!! I get it, you guys need to make money, but $11 a month AND it's billed annually? Does that not seem overboard? I don't even care about the "realistic sounding voices" much, mainly the speed is what's important. The amount of joy I got while listening to a google doc with the free trial was amazing, I was like "finally! this is what I've been looking for my whole schooling experience!" just for it to end and start reading slower than ever, the disappointment is unmatched. I love what you guys are doing, it's an amazing service, but maybe consider making it something reasonable like $5 a month or have different subscriptions for different features. This is great for kids with ADHD and I'm sure it would seriously help a lot *more* people in school if it wasn't so costly. Nonetheless, great extension and works fantastic.
- (2021-10-14) Carla Allendes: amazingly easy to use and so helpful
- (2021-10-14) james reichert: I've Used this app a few times, in the past and just recently installed it again. If I had to come to any decision on the quality of an app based on the testimony of the reviewers on this page, I'd first consider the sources, every one of the negative revue's are app deficient User's. Try using a spelling app so whenever your criticizing some language associated entity you wont look like a maroon. And as the defenders said, there's a installation or more likely a overtaxed system its running on. Take some of the garbage off your task bare so its not sucking up the space in your cached Memory and Happy Defaulting - Hatters - Seriously though, It reads Way faster than me and leaves me to day dream so I still don't know what was written half the time. I give it a love-hate 4 stars just like my girl friends..........hehehehe...opps no dear some one else wrote this I mean that. C U Roodalf
- (2021-10-14) Erinn: I downloaded and it worked for a day. Now, I can't get it to read anything. I can't even pull up the application. When it did work, it was making it much easier for me to read through my textbook online. It won't recognize any websites. I just spent money on an application that won't work.
- (2021-10-14) isaiah jones: i do not use it much
- (2021-10-14) Amar Yasir: love it
- (2021-10-14) Peggy Darling: So far, so good. I need a longer trial period to determine if I will choose to purchase the premium. I do not have an unlimited budget and need to carefully look at the items I buy. I have a feeling the creators will be making improvements and offering more voice choices, which will be great. I think this app has potential for helping me be more productive, but at the moment it is too early to say.
- (2021-10-14) tamesha roberts: the app is helping me keep up with my reading at school and helping me better understand my project's but the voice is so boriding to listen to I be ready to fall a sleep some times
- (2021-10-14) Maram Meccawy: Best text to speech that I've used so far in a browser. The voice is more natural and easy to follow.
- (2021-10-14) Maria Van Gelder: Helps me in my medical school reading
- (2021-10-14) Elizabeth Edward: Pretty useful for getting through the reading in PDF THANK YOU
- (2021-10-14) Shen Ann: I listen while I read some journal articles, and it's been really helpful for me to concentrate for a long time.
- (2021-10-14) Ashley Allen: Really helpful to study
- (2021-10-14) Saiid Saadieh: I love it, it helps me get through articles faster then I would be able to myself.
- (2021-10-14) Fenayodmac: Great App, definitely highly recommended for every person that do lots of reading, think of it like an audio book, download and thank me later.
- (2021-10-14) Ben: The trial voices are pretty good. the free ones are almost impossible to understand. the subscription cost is not worth the amount they are charging. It is difficult to read pdfs with
- (2021-10-14) Nathan Wilson: It works. Sometimes it skips a line or two but not often. It makes it easier to follow along and read long articles
- (2021-10-13) pranav gunti: I would highlight a section and it would read fine and I could understand it well. But sometimes out of nowhere it would read a completely different section of the article. it's really buggy overall. after I'm done with the reading there isn't a clear thing that closes the application.
- (2021-10-13) Yossi: Just what I need
- (2021-10-13) Jovaun Alexander: It serves the purpose in which i got it. i enjoy the variety of voices. i kinda wish they sounded more live, but im used to hearing youtube videos, so take that with a grain of salt.
- (2021-10-13) Luz Carrizales: Great extension, wish they had more free voices but I really love it. Maybe I will be able to upgrade soon.
- (2021-10-13) Bryan Watson: fantastic!
- (2021-10-13) Diego Rivas: Super Funcional, aumentó mi productividad y definitivamente vale la pena pagar premium para leer archivos del Drive
- (2021-10-13) David Hollyhead: As a dyslexic, it this app helped me with the reading.
- (2021-10-13) Saka Zerzer 03: It is a great app to use, much helpful in my reading, especially I need to read a very long story text book. It comprises with a lot of voice options and have a speed increasing, much faster when I just sitting there and listened and noted down a lot of my reading info.
- (2021-10-13) Francisco Ramos: I can be doing my work and be learning or reading my email documents. Save me a lot of time and work efficiently.
- (2021-10-13) Anthony Eid: This is a great idea but it still has a long way to go. Most of my PDF documents that open up on my browser can not be read by speechify, and that is where I need it the most. When I do find an online article that it can read, it works very well and helps a lot. I would pay for a service like this, if the test try worked on the PDF's.
- (2021-10-13) AYHAM HADDAD: Great app
- (2021-10-13) Logan brooks: on some sites the auto generated voices would crack, but some sites the voice would not crack, but overall speechify is good.
- (2020-07-06, v:4.0.3) Drew Snelgrove: Selective Web sites
As mentioned by others, the Control graphics look great, but are unusable at bottom on the page. Most of all, the web sites that have been wonderfully read from Speechify for the last 10 months, are no longer able to be read. Help! Drew
- (2020-07-02, v:4.0.3) Sandeep Thapa: Please give us back the old features
The play button is a distractions. I mainly use option+q to read highlighted text. Now I can not do any of that, I cannot use the shortcut nor can I read the highlighted text. It reads the whole page. The update is just sad. Please, do something.
- (2020-07-02, v:4.0.3) Jon Bachelor: Not liking the new control on web pages
I believe it came from the update on 2020.07.01 - a new graphic for a speechify control is now displayed in the lower-right of basically all web pages now, and I have been unable to find any sort of preference to turn this off. Please give us an option to turn off this on-page UI element... On some websites, it winds up interfering with their page (here is a screenshot of an example from Outdoorsy: https://share.getcloudapp.com/jkuQOlz1). Even if it did not directly get in the way, I am not a fan of adding new UI elements to a page unless it is absolutely necessary. Just a little toggle to turn it off would be very much appreciated. Thanks for the great work, overall! Jon
- (2020-07-02, v:4.0.0) Jon Bachelor: July 1, 2020 update not working on Chrome
Just like I see others reporting, the extension just shows the animated 3 dots. I never even get to a login. I can get to a login clicking on the new icon at the lower-right of the web page, but the login page I get to suffers the same eternal 3 animated dots problem as the extension icon in the toolbar.
- (2020-07-01, v:4.0.0) Sandeep Thapa: Speechify stuck at dot for chorme
I love this app but It has recently stopped working.
- (2020-07-01, v:4.0.0) Nicholas DeSimone: Cannot use speechify on Chrome
I cannot sign in. the dots keep spinning and it says logging in. but it never logs in.
- (2020-05-26, v:3.2.11) Daniel Szulc: stopped working on chrome
stopped working on newest chrome
- (2020-04-30, v:3.2.11) Ana Wilson: Log in
I cannot log in through my user name and email.
- (2020-03-11, v:3.2.11) Luis Javier Rolón Guatibonza: No funciona en textos de pdf que abro en chroome
intento seleccionar el programa Speechify y no me funciona en archivos pdf que abro en el chrome, quisiera saber por que o que debo hacer para solucionar este inconveniente
- (2020-01-24, v:3.2.11) Acton East Bay Guides: Doesn't display all language choices
Trying to install on a student chromebook. Languages only listed are US Male, Dutch, Portuguese, Spanish, French, Italian, Korean, Dutch, Hindi and Indonesian. Whereas, on my computer, I see many more including UK Male. Is there a security setting which limits this?
- (2019-05-28, v:3.2.7) Waqas Rabbani: Does not show written words
There are few problems with extension; 1. In the pop-up window of the extension, can't see the text along with audio, as it is shown in intro video. I can hear to sound, but there the no corresponding text. 2. When click on extension icon after selecting text, the audio doesn't start. It starts only when I click on extension's icon from right click menu. 3. When audio starts playing, there is no way to stop it. No matter how many times I click on pause button from extension's pop-up menu, it doesn't pause. Please guide me how to fix these issues.
- (2019-04-30, v:3.2.0) Thalia Rodkin: what extension should I be using
had to download the app again because it stopped working/reading the highlighted text and seemed to be asking for a sign in and password, which I didn't realize I had before. when I downloaded it again it asked what extension to use...I didn't know so I picked window media player....guess what, that doesn't work, and now I don't know what to do.
- (2019-03-07, v:3.1.4) Chrome extension
does not read after highlighting paragraph
- (2019-02-13, v:3.1.4) french voice
Hi! I've been trying to use the french voice but the reading stops after a minute or so. It doesn't read all the text I selected but it stops after a few lines. Can you tell me why that is ? Thank you for your help and for speechify that provides very natural sounding voices.
- (2019-01-18, v:3.1.4) Chromebook?
Can you tell me if Speechify works on a Chrombook?
- (2019-01-15, v:3.1.4) Vivek Sathe: Send to iPhone
I am using the Chrome Extension but not able to send 'selected text' from a sample file in Google Doc directly to my iPhone though as suggested i'm logged into same google account on both desktop and iPhone. Not sure what i'm doing wrong. Thanks, Vivek Sathe
- (2018-12-27, v:3.1.3) MM A: Move existing Speechify files to New Folder
I have several existing files that I imported into Speechify. How to I move those files to the new folders that I created for organization? I am on the Android OS. If there is no direct way, where are the files stored in the directory structure ? Perhaps, I can move from behind the scenes. Thank you in advance for your support. I love Speechify!
- (2018-11-14, v:3.1.3) Michael D'Arcangelo: not reading
hello, i think i need an update? i cannot get speechify to ready any amount of text. Thanks
- (2018-08-23, v:3.1.3) Amber Wootan: Can't download
I'm trying to download Speechify. And nothing is happening when I push the added to chrome button.
- (2018-05-30, v:3.1.2) Jason Shellen: Blocking access to some sites
Visit sumo.com with extension-enabled, can't see any content. Disable extension, content appears fine.