Listen to the Internet.
Listen to the Internet with Speechify. Just click the "Play" button in the bottom right of your web article and enjoy a magical experience. Get the companion iPhone, Android, and Mac apps here: 📱iPhone/iPad (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/speechify-text-to-speech/id1209815023?mt=8) Our book: 😊 https://www.facebook.com/cweitzman/posts/10214735733279839 Using Speechify when reading increases retention and comprehension by using two senses at the same time to intake information. It also let's you read faster AND makes it much more difficult to get distracted while you read/listen (since when there is a voice speaking it's hard to lose your spot). Expect many more improvements to come. In the feedback section please let us know what killer feature would make you use this every day? Much love, Cliff & The Speechify Team
- (2020-07-27) Triston Armstrong: App is a big help. Using Joey. Only issue is, It started off highlighting the lines.. now it doesnt.. I could have done something but idk.. anyway, great extension!
- (2020-07-26) Despues De Todo: used to be pretty good, the update only selects and reads a portion of the text, cant control, no way to adjust
- (2020-07-26) Jasmyn Kim: BRING BACK THE OLD VERSION PLEASE!! This new version where you have to click a play button in the corner is inferior! Because the play button doesn't always show up! If the site you are on doesn't identify to the system as an "article" then it doesn't show the play button! I like the old version better where I could just highlight text and Speechify would read it!
- (2020-07-19) William Sugarman: Chrome version 84 believes this extension to be dangerous and can open you up to being hacked. It should be removed immediately until the vendor/provider can update it.
- (2020-07-08) Jon Bachelor: [Updated review, 2020-07-08: 3 stars] The recent update to Speechify has radically changed the extension. There is one huge problem, and some other lesser problems that I hope Cliff and his team will address: The *major* problem is that the extension no longer reads only what you have highlighted on the page... It starts from the top and goes from there. For those of us looking at very long web pages with tons of information, I am frequently reading only some subsection at a time. I no longer have this option. Sometimes I need to repeat a section that was difficult to understand, but I no longer have that option either. This is a huge issue for the way I use the internet, and I'm hoping that Speechify will go back to allowing us to highlight what we want read. Without that feature, I am forced to look for an alternative solution. Lesser problem: No more keyboard shortcuts to start/stop reading, which I used extensively and loved. Lesser problem: I wish you could turn off the new icon that appears at the lower-right of every web page now. It interferes with some sites and adds clutter. Imagine if every extension put something on the page. [Original review, 2020-01-29: 5 stars] Speechify is extraordinarily helpful to me... I am able to quickly get through various articles, blogs, and documentation in short order thanks to Cliff's amazing extension and the super convenient keyboard shortcuts! LOVE it!! Thank you, Cliff!
- (2020-07-02) anonther usere: THE NEW update is awesome but I can't figure out how to deactivate the icon in the bottom right. I'll just have to deactivate it when not in use I guess.
- (2020-07-01) Pink Alligator: Doesn't work. Just buffers with nothing happening. Inspection saying it's just failing
- (2020-07-01) Christian Cáceres: Ayuda bastante
- (2020-06-30) Ms. K’s Traveling Circus: when it works right I love it! I suffer from dyslexia and it takes me a exhausting amount of time to read I am working on my masters in secondary education and with speechify I can get more information quicker to complete assignments i really appreciate this technology. I have had trouble getting it to read completely through a document sometimes which is frustrating since I'm using it to save me research time and sadly I have been known to spend those valuable moments trying to get speechify to work smoothly. Overall I like it a lot and am looking forward to when they get things working so that it can work more completely. Thank you Speechify.
- (2020-06-25) Fred Phillips: Very buggy, won't support common file types, impossible to find files on iPhone
- (2020-06-25) Ben: Continuously buggy, won't find files on my phone, no listing of file types supported and doesn't support common ones.
- (2020-04-15) Goolshun Belut: Great app!
- (2020-04-13) keith beaudoin: works
- (2020-04-13) Maria Sol Gomez: Buenísimo y muy útil.
- (2020-04-12) From the Ground up Horsemanship: I hate reading. I think that's such a archaic thing with all the available technology so I love any tool that helps me listen to a text instead of reading.
- (2020-04-12) Muhammad Saad Naeem: good
- (2020-04-10) Justin King Jr: Best sounding FREE voice text to speech software. The voices sound natural enough for me and its 100% free. Doesn't hurt to take the extra 10 seconds and sign up its all built it and very convenient functionality. I have a suggestion for the developer, More voice options in the English language would be splendid. Not complaing just being wishful!!
- (2020-04-01) jordan walters: I like the voices it has but it keep glitching out. For instant, when you highlight a text and it reads it for you when it's finish it will reread it again without pressing play. This gets so annoying but that's not all. After a while the extension will stop working so u have to re-download it again so it can work. Please please please fix these issues, the app works great on my phone and I would love to see it work here too.
- (2020-03-24) Coach Corroach: Love it!
- (2020-03-20) Ryan Smith: Absolutely amazing. It's seriously a game changer.
- (2020-03-12) Jess Morel: its amazing as an app on the iPhone but not as impressive on my laptop chrome book
- (2020-03-11) Danielle Tobin: Can't get it to work. It keeps telling me I haven't highlighted any text. I have highlighted text.
- (2020-03-11) Hosanna Reid: I use it to turn my e textbooks into audio so I can listen while driving or reading the book. It helps me to comprehend the information better and helps me to pick up things I don't understand just reading. I also use it to make audiobooks out of some of my kindle and ibook files.
- (2020-03-02) Coach Drew Snelgrove: Excellent assistance tool. Need to add the opportunity to read PDF articles online.
- (2020-02-28) Hadar Weitzman: Love this app. English is my second language, so for me it's much easier and faster to listen with this app then reading, especially when I am tired (even when it's just a fb post - when it's longer than one paragraph). I've also improved my speed in listening thanks to this app. Recommended!!
- (2020-07-06, v:4.0.3) Coach Drew Snelgrove: Selective Web sites
As mentioned by others, the Control graphics look great, but are unusable at bottom on the page. Most of all, the web sites that have been wonderfully read from Speechify for the last 10 months, are no longer able to be read. Help! Drew
- (2020-07-02, v:4.0.3) Sandeep Thapa: Please give us back the old features
The play button is a distractions. I mainly use option+q to read highlighted text. Now I can not do any of that, I cannot use the shortcut nor can I read the highlighted text. It reads the whole page. The update is just sad. Please, do something.
- (2020-07-02, v:4.0.3) Jon Bachelor: Not liking the new control on web pages
I believe it came from the update on 2020.07.01 - a new graphic for a speechify control is now displayed in the lower-right of basically all web pages now, and I have been unable to find any sort of preference to turn this off. Please give us an option to turn off this on-page UI element... On some websites, it winds up interfering with their page (here is a screenshot of an example from Outdoorsy: https://share.getcloudapp.com/jkuQOlz1). Even if it did not directly get in the way, I am not a fan of adding new UI elements to a page unless it is absolutely necessary. Just a little toggle to turn it off would be very much appreciated. Thanks for the great work, overall! Jon
- (2020-07-02, v:4.0.0) Jon Bachelor: July 1, 2020 update not working on Chrome
Just like I see others reporting, the extension just shows the animated 3 dots. I never even get to a login. I can get to a login clicking on the new icon at the lower-right of the web page, but the login page I get to suffers the same eternal 3 animated dots problem as the extension icon in the toolbar.
- (2020-07-01, v:4.0.0) Sandeep Thapa: Speechify stuck at dot for chorme
I love this app but It has recently stopped working.
- (2020-07-01, v:4.0.0) Nicholas DeSimone: Cannot use speechify on Chrome
I cannot sign in. the dots keep spinning and it says logging in. but it never logs in.
- (2020-05-26, v:3.2.11) Daniel Szulc: stopped working on chrome
stopped working on newest chrome
- (2020-04-30, v:3.2.11) Ana Wilson: Log in
I cannot log in through my user name and email.
- (2020-03-11, v:3.2.11) LUIS JAVIER Rolon: No funciona en textos de pdf que abro en chroome
intento seleccionar el programa Speechify y no me funciona en archivos pdf que abro en el chrome, quisiera saber por que o que debo hacer para solucionar este inconveniente
- (2020-01-24, v:3.2.11) Acton East Bay Guides: Doesn't display all language choices
Trying to install on a student chromebook. Languages only listed are US Male, Dutch, Portuguese, Spanish, French, Italian, Korean, Dutch, Hindi and Indonesian. Whereas, on my computer, I see many more including UK Male. Is there a security setting which limits this?
- (2019-05-28, v:3.2.7) Waqas Rabbani: Does not show written words
There are few problems with extension; 1. In the pop-up window of the extension, can't see the text along with audio, as it is shown in intro video. I can hear to sound, but there the no corresponding text. 2. When click on extension icon after selecting text, the audio doesn't start. It starts only when I click on extension's icon from right click menu. 3. When audio starts playing, there is no way to stop it. No matter how many times I click on pause button from extension's pop-up menu, it doesn't pause. Please guide me how to fix these issues.
- (2019-04-30, v:3.2.0) Thalia Rodkin: what extension should I be using
had to download the app again because it stopped working/reading the highlighted text and seemed to be asking for a sign in and password, which I didn't realize I had before. when I downloaded it again it asked what extension to use...I didn't know so I picked window media player....guess what, that doesn't work, and now I don't know what to do.
- (2019-03-07, v:3.1.4) Chrome extension
does not read after highlighting paragraph
- (2019-02-13, v:3.1.4) french voice
Hi! I've been trying to use the french voice but the reading stops after a minute or so. It doesn't read all the text I selected but it stops after a few lines. Can you tell me why that is ? Thank you for your help and for speechify that provides very natural sounding voices.
- (2019-01-18, v:3.1.4) Chromebook?
Can you tell me if Speechify works on a Chrombook?
- (2019-01-15, v:3.1.4) Vivek Sathe: Send to iPhone
I am using the Chrome Extension but not able to send 'selected text' from a sample file in Google Doc directly to my iPhone though as suggested i'm logged into same google account on both desktop and iPhone. Not sure what i'm doing wrong. Thanks, Vivek Sathe
- (2018-12-27, v:3.1.3) MM A: Move existing Speechify files to New Folder
I have several existing files that I imported into Speechify. How to I move those files to the new folders that I created for organization? I am on the Android OS. If there is no direct way, where are the files stored in the directory structure ? Perhaps, I can move from behind the scenes. Thank you in advance for your support. I love Speechify!
- (2018-11-14, v:3.1.3) Michael D'Arcangelo: not reading
hello, i think i need an update? i cannot get speechify to ready any amount of text. Thanks
- (2018-08-23, v:3.1.3) Amber Wootan: Can't download
I'm trying to download Speechify. And nothing is happening when I push the added to chrome button.
- (2018-05-30, v:3.1.2) Jason Shellen: Blocking access to some sites
Visit sumo.com with extension-enabled, can't see any content. Disable extension, content appears fine.