Read aloud the current web-page article with one click, using text to speech (TTS). Supports 40+ languages.
Read Aloud uses text-to-speech (TTS) technology to convert webpage text to audio. It works on a variety of websites, including news sites, blogs, fan fiction, publications, textbooks, school and class websites, and online university course materials. Read Aloud allows you to select from a variety of text-to-speech voices, including those provided natively by the browser, as well as by text-to-speech cloud service providers such as Google Wavenet, Amazon Polly, IBM Watson, and Microsoft. Some of the cloud-based voices may require additional in-app purchase to enable. Read Aloud can read PDF, Google Docs, Google Play books, Amazon Kindle, and EPUB (via the excellent EPUBReader extension from epubread.com). Read Aloud is intended for users who prefer to listen to content instead of reading, those with dyslexia or other learning disabilities, and children learning to read. To use Read Aloud, navigate to the web page you want to read, then click the Read Aloud icon on the Chrome menu. In addition, the shortcut keys ALT-P, ALT-O, ALT-Comma, and ALT-Period can be used to Play/Pause, Stop, Rewind, and Forward. You may also select the text you want to read before activating the extension. Right clicking on the selected text will provide you with yet another option to activate Read Aloud via the context menu. To change the voice, reading speed, pitch, or enable text highlighting, go to the Options page either by right clicking on the Read Aloud icon and choose Options, or by clicking the Gear button on the extension popup (you'll need to stop playback to see the Gear button). Read Aloud is an open-source project. If you wish to contribute bug fixes or translations, please visit the GitHub page at https://github.com/ken107/read-aloud.
- (2023-12-04) Manolo: REVIEW UPDATED on 4 December 2023 A "Dark Mode" option would be appreciated. I think when I had the system set to dark mode in Windows OS, the Read Aloud pop up appeared in dark mode, but I now use a Linux distro as my OS, and there isn't a dark mode available. REVIEW on 17 February 2023 This is a handy extension for those who want to have web articles read out loud. However, I hope the developers would consider: Word highlighting. Currently only paragraphs are highlighted. This would be very useful as it would allow users to not only follow along what is being read (if they want to), but also, to immediately identify where they left off after a pause. One more thing. With the latest update, the extension automaticlly pins a tab with the message:"Read Aloud uses this tab for audio playback. This tab will automatically close after 5 minutes of no activity." Instead of an improvement, this latest update seems to have made things slightly worse.
- (2023-12-04) Thanh Dân: Hoàn toàn free, dễ sử dụng. Dùng để nghe truyện rất sướng luôn haha.
- (2023-12-02) W. J. R. (Saltlake Seattleite): Now in December of the same year and no contact, that I am aware of yet, from the dev. I know these things are possible, though I do not know HOW to do them myself, so it makes me wonder if the dev just put this extension together and hasn't really looked back. It's been almost a year, so that to me is why the rating has been demoted further (from 4 to 2). I'll update and raise the star rating back up if I find something I missed from them, or end up hearing back eventually. Perfect for what I need it to do... ALMOST... I mean, it's nice that it has a pop-out window with the text it is reading, and that window has a handy "Back" "Play/Pause" "Forward" control button set on the top and a Text size down and up on the bottom left but OMG, why do I have to go into the settings on a separate screen to change the voice VOLUME, PITCH, and SPEED? Seriously, those should be on that main window so I can adjust as needed. I tend to have it read fast, but sometimes there are sections where I need to replay the text over and have it go a bit slower so I can fully understand what is being said, or so I can read along but some of the wording is a bit more complicated or a new word or term is introduced and I need a moment to look it up to make sure I better understand what it is. Please, put these controls on the main window where the text is being read so I don't have to mess around with going back and forth to adjust the speed or volume (I rarely mess with the pitch once I've got it where I like it), I will look around for the TTS I used to have, I forgot how helpful these can be, because it did have these functionalities available to adjust while it was reading and it made a huge difference in my ability to get what I was trying to go over.
- (2023-11-15) Jim Hecker: It was awesome, then it stopped working. Not sure what happened. I used this to listen to papers and kindle books for school, and I loved it. Then a few days ago it just stopped working. I have shut down, restarted, and no luck. I am deleting this now, and hope they can fix the issue.
- (2023-11-13) Randylahey666: The best free version you get today for American English, i'm sure the tech will get better with time but you ain't paying for it, the other languages are definitely a working progress as one might expect for a free version lol
- (2023-11-13) Will Swift: Please fix the problem that one cannot play endless text to audio while gaming in the background without going back to the browser every 2 minutes.
- (2023-11-10) Tony: Privacy says the app collects passwords? That's a bit concerning. Anyone know why these do that? ------- 2 years later and this is still the best Free TTS reader. I don't know why they don't have a paid version. ------- I love this extension. Easily allows me to multitask. I also use it on my phone.
- (2023-11-09) sharkdart: Would be nice if it provided an estimate of how long it will take to finish reading.
- (2023-11-01) Viraj Sucks Big Butt: Good app very happy I use it all the time. Only thing I do not like about it is it wont let me remove it from my device.
- (2023-11-01) pakee pascharat: ว้าวเลย ไม่ต่างจากแอฟในมือถือเลย แถมไม่ต้องแก้ข้อความบางอย่าง เช่น พ.ศ. ก็อ่านได้โดยไม่ต้องปรับแก้ ลองมาหลายตัว ตัวนี้ดีสุด
- (2023-10-29) Nick Alexander (nickaa827): I couldn't get NVDA to work with PDFs and this extension did it without having to configure much of anything. Please don't change a thing.
- (2023-10-29) Hiep Nguyen: Rất tốt. Có hỗ trợ đọc tiếng Việt, đọc từ file PDF
- (2023-10-26) yasin cebeci: dünyadaki olan depremleri en güncel bir biçimde hızla bize aktaran bir deprem sitesi
- (2023-10-25) Huy Vũ: Sẽ tuyệt vời hơn nếu có thêm chức năng tăng tốc độ đọc :D
- (2023-10-25) The Organizational Coaches: Reliable, thumbs up.
- (2023-10-25) Eduards Radionovs: Thank you so much for this extension, it's so much easier to concentrate during reading and understand the context.
- (2023-10-23) Nam Tran: Works really well
- (2023-10-23) Woke: I love this extension! It's super fun to stumble across a random long comment on a forum/social media and make TTS read it when you're too lazy to read it yourself. I recommend these settings: * Voice: Google UK English Male (it's a fantastic basic voice that doesn't take time to load the text and doesn't keep asking for whatever permissions the advanced Google voices need) * Speed: 1.25 (this particular voice is very slow by default, 1.25 makes it both speedy and comfortable to listen to)
- (2023-10-18) Mark Palmos: Stupid. It keeps reading the first email in my inbox. If I select, for example, the 3rd email and open the extension, it again reads the first email in my inbox! This is completely useless to me.
- (2023-10-15) Abra Anderson: Everything was great, except it would stop and take several minutes to load.
- (2023-10-14) Андрей Аргунов: Есть пожелания: 1. Вынесите пожалуйста кнопки регулировки скорости на окно с текстом. Я читаю на разных языках и у разных голосов скорость может быть разная, поэтому при смене языка ее нужно регулировать вручную и это было бы удобно сделать, если бы кнопки скорости были рядом с кнопками увеличения шрифта. 2. Возможно ли сделать подсвечивание читаемого текста не в отдельном окне, а прямо на странице браузера? Если это возможно, это было бы очень удобно! И вдобавок было бы круто изменять цвет выделения текста с желтого на другой из палитры.
- (2023-10-09) Gabriella Silva: the pronunciation is awful
- (2023-10-06) Michael Salaverry: Great, and lets me use my own Google Cloud Platform key for text to speech with premium voices. The play-through-phone feature is also neat.
- (2023-10-02) Xiang Hua: It's good. Could you change the function of “stop” to “play/stop”, thus when reading is not carrying it can be launched. Thank you
- (2023-09-29) Elizabeth Wilson: wonderful. i enjoy the google US english version and speed it up. helps tremendously. thank you!
- (2023-09-28) Drastic Coder: Awesome extension!!! using this from past 7-8 months and LGTM. just need some adjustments in speed and u r good to go.
- (2023-09-28) Felipe Mello: Really good, especially when you change speed and voice based in your preference.
- (2023-09-27) Lennon Fontenelle: O único que funciona como desejado, podem testar que irão gostar.
- (2023-09-22) Patricia Lora: It does the job but it's horrible to listen to the voice it uses... I can't retain the information I'm hearing because it's just so unnatural.
- (2023-09-21) R P: Molto Utile, quando non si ha voglia di leggere. Il lettore leggere per te
- (2023-09-18) AV Va: Thank you for the useful extension and blessings in Jesus Christ name.
- (2023-09-17) Stephen Z: I use this extension daily with the premium voices from Google -- I can't recommend it highly enough. Thank you for maintaining this incredibly helpful extension. I hope ReadAloud will include the new "Google Studio" voices soon - they're the most natural sounding yet!
- (2023-09-16) Jonathan Murray: Wonderful extension that helps with my ADHD when reading long papers and text books. My only suggestion is to add a slidebar on the extension (as opposed to hidden in preferences) to alter the speed of the text reading. Most of the time I need to listen at 2x speed, but sometimes I need to slow it down and it would be nice to be able to change this without going into settings.
- (2023-09-15) God of Doggos: Its really good, i just had to edit the settings a bit to make the voice not super robotic with the slight static-y voice but besides that its rlly good!
- (2023-09-14) Devansh Upadhyay: noiceeeeeeeeee
- (2023-09-13) ChiuWong W: Why can't I play it with headphones? But movies can, and so can translations.
- (2023-09-13) Alexis Guerrero: No puedo creer que sea tan simple, efectivo y gratuito su uso. ¡Maravillosa extensión!
- (2023-09-10) Isaac Clements: Amazing! I was looking for a screen reader, text-to-speech, to help get through my online textbooks for class and this was amazing. Was able to be used on the webpage of my book, and has helped keep my focus on the book and stay engaged.
- (2023-09-08) raul ramirez: 5 stars easily, the best tool to learn english pronunciation, however the volume is too low, compared to other things on window, so more volume is needed. Curiously this problem is not present in microsoft edge, but i prefer chrome. it would be good that we could choose 2 voices and use a hotkey or at least be on favorites, for those cases when we want to learn 2 different lenguages.
- (2023-09-08) MD MESBAUL: If i exit the tab it stops the text to spech
- (2023-09-05) Gabriel Arruda: Funciona muito bem. No geral lê muito bem, mas usando PDFs de imagens de livros ele não consegue ler acentos no geral principalmente ç e ~, então preciso ficar acompanhando a leitura.
- (2023-09-04) Gokul Pothirajan: I love that I can put in a GCP key for great wavenet support - just what i was looking for! I would love to have a dedicated pop out into a separate tab button so that it can take up the whole screen. for now i right click report an issue and open in new tab and then close the report box this makes it a seperate tab and full screen.
- (2023-09-04) Michel Nielsen: Simple and works perfectly in Brave browser. Feature suggestion, Pattern modifiers: Currently I am reading the online Rust book which has a lot of programming code related characters in the regular text.. For example this passage "Here is a recap of the reasons to choose Box<T>, Rc<T>, or RefCell<T>". When the extension reads this out loud then it will read all the special charecters 'lesser-than' and 'greater-than' which quickly becomes tiresome. I wish that this extension had a feature where I could add a pattern and how I would like that pattern to be read (or if I wanted the pattern to be ignored completely). Then for my example case I would add the pattern "<T>" to be read as "T".
- (2023-09-04) Reka Farkas: On my mac it sounds like a sick old man
- (2023-09-04) Gary Hardt: I do like this extendtion I followed the promt to enable voicenet and it worked for awhile then it wanted me to to enable extra permissins for voicenet I did that too but now it stopped working I can't use it anymore. I tried to enale it multiple times and still nothing I even let it sit there for a like 10 minutes still nothing worked I even restarted my browser that did not work either.
- (2023-09-03) David: It stopped working. I removed it and re-installed. It worked again. And now it has stopped again. I will be deleting it.
- (2023-09-03) Miki Fadli: best than other (so funny can't speak a all).
- (2023-08-31) Michael Mc: Very mediocre. It works but the voices are terrible and they try to charge you for others.
- (2023-08-29) MANAN KATESHIYA: This extension collects your Saved Password and Authentication Information. I don't know why google is allowing this kind of extension. We should report this extension for our data safety.
- (2023-08-26) Minh Thiện Trần Nguyễn: Phải có ứng dụng Text to Speech của gg (bên thứ 3) mới setting giọng Vietnamese đc, rất mất tgian và phiền phức.
- (2023-11-08, v:2.5.0) doe john: How to edit which parts to read and which parts to ignore?
I used ublock origin to block some unrelated parts but it still reads. So, How to edit which parts to read and which parts to ignore?
- (2023-11-03, v:2.5.0) Humberto Mancuso: Googler Premium Voices
Hi there. First off, congrats on the excellent extension. I have activated the API for cloud services and successfully loaded the wavenet voices. However, i am unable to see the Studio voices in the dropdown list. I am interested in the "en-US-Studio-O" voice. Any suggestions?
- (2023-10-31, v:2.5.0) Bart Verstraete: ReadAloud
Ik heb ReadAloud geïnstalleerd op Windows 10, zodat deze automatisch de antwoorden van Google Bard zou kunnen voorlezen. Maar ik vind de voorgestelde opties niet terug in de instellingen. Ik zie door mijn motorische beperking alsmaar minder en kan zelf de tekst niet selecteren.
- (2023-10-23, v:2.5.0) Susan P: Added but removing
I have no reason to believe this extension does anything because it has yet to do anything.. I have opened PDFs and visited websites as well as opened email messages. Nothing happens so I'm removing it
- (2023-10-18, v:2.5.0) Vic P: KC Star E edition
No longer will read this at all, even when trying to highlight the text. I love this program for a senior very easy to use. I hope you can get this resolved.
- (2023-10-16, v:2.5.0) Angie Pratt: doesn't work on some websites
I use this extension for reading the articles for classes I am taking. There is a website called ebscohost.com that tells me that the website may contain urls that would redirect to non-ebsco sites, and won't read the content of the articles. Is there a setting that I need to change in order to use the read aloud extension on this website?
- (2023-10-15, v:2.5.0) Nesyasita T. Gunawan: Takes a long time to load when using it for PDF with lots of pages.
This is my first time using the extension, and I wanted to use it to study materials in PDFs that can have a lot of pages. Not sure if it's suppose to cause auto-scroll in the PDF file to scan the texts or not, but my main issue is that it takes a long time to load. Is this normal?
- (2023-10-12, v:2.5.0) Claire B.E.: Gets confused by < and > signs in text
I use this to read scientific papers but when they use < notation (such as declaring a p value), it causes the plugin to skip chunks of text, sometimes sentences, sometimes paragraphs, my best guess is it goes until it finds a > and continues from there.
- (2023-10-09, v:2.5.0) Travis Demontigny: Error Message pops uu "If Read Aloud keeps stopping in the middle of reading"
Read Aloud gave the message: If Read Aloud keeps stopping in the middle of reading Please install the following offline voice: US English Female TTS (by Google) *this was a link that gives an error message* After installation, right click the Read Aloud icon and choose Options. Then select the voice. *the voice is not available to be selected*
- (2023-10-04, v:2.5.0) Krushal Pagda: New Great Update for Extenstion (Microsoft Narrator AI Voice's)
What you can add Microsoft Narrator AI Voice's because they are already free and perform great but with narrator ai there are many complicatons during usage becuase it will make entire page(when you click on button and also for any sidebar ) to speech which is not good and also not wroking correctly not for web and for the pdfs
- (2023-09-28, v:2.4.0) doe john: Error
Sometimes it reads errors, wrong pages, wrong words, how can I clear the cache and read again?
- (2023-09-22, v:2.4.0) Ya Boi: Audio issue
Was working perfectly fine until today, where at the end of each highlighted section the speech would cut off half way through the last word changing the speed hasn't done anything. i downloaded the us english female TTS by google as was recomended but that doesn't work ie when clicking on the test it would just have the spinning wheel, i was using the alex before any advice would be appreciated as i enjoy not having to copy and paste into a tts reader website doesn't seem to change anything
- (2023-09-21, v:2.4.0) Elucidarious M: Pausing After Each Sentence
Not sure if its on your end or Chromes, but as of today (was working fine yesterday [9/20]) the extension has started long pauses after each sentence is read. Even in the 'Test' when setting different voices, speed, pitch, etc. Any ideas on this?
- (2023-09-19, v:2.4.0) J H: Pause
I'm using this for reading my notes back to me. I need to insert a pause, or break in it's speaking so it doesn't run together. Do you have a way to do this?
- (2023-09-18, v:2.4.0) Jean Briggs: read stop working
my read aloud stop working
- (2023-09-13, v:2.4.0) Duane Miller: Question on Pop-up
I have found the Read Aloud extension to be helpful. The pop-up's jump/pause to read window/ then jump/ pause to read window is quite distracting. A smooth continuous scroll, much like a teleprompter, would be my favored method. Maybe there is a way to do this now?
- (2023-09-10, v:2.4.0) Steven Peters: Constant Permission Requests
Hello. I just installed your latest Read Aloud Chrome extension and I think it's fantastic. I am running into an issue that I hope you can help me with. I searched the internet about it but couldn't find a solution. Every time I start my browser, the extension asks for permission each time. I've already granted permission but am running into this issue. If you could you please offer some advice on how to resolve this issue, it would be greatly appreciated. Looking forward to hearing from you.
- (2023-09-08, v:2.4.0) Andre Schoen: New Feature
An an option to read out text in different language. This would make your app stand out from any other reader. It could be a Pro pay for version or feature.
- (2023-08-30, v:2.4.0) Jacky Girling: Only part of the page is read
I am using a Kindle web app to read a book in the browser and only a part of the page is selected. Is there anything I can do about this?
- (2023-08-28, v:2.4.0) Siyavuya Madlanga: Move the "Read Aloud" Popup to follow along with what is being read
Hello. I am using your popup and I think it's great. I would like to move the popup, though, to somewhere else on the screen as it blocks the original text. Currently it copies the text and you can follow there, but, I would like to listen to the popup, but, follow with the reading on the original text. Thanks in advance
- (2023-08-27, v:2.4.0) Brett Squires: ALT + P does not function as discribed
So far the extension has been working great for what I need it for. I do a lot of selecting text and right-click and choose to "Read aloud selected text." I was looking to find if there was a short cut I can use. I found ALT + P to play/pause. All over the web it says you can select something and use this to play. When I do, select text and ALT+P, it will play but its not playing the selected text. I am not sure what it is playing. However, I think its playing the previous selected text or just starting from the very top of the website. My idea was to map this ALT+P to a button on my mouse to kick it off.
- (2023-08-24, v:2.4.0) Coach Marcial: Server returns 400
Hi. It was working alright, and now it returns that error anywhere when the icon is clicked. Please help.
- (2023-08-22, v:2.4.0) Fabian Wenzel: It does not work
This extension has completely stopped working since the update. Is the previous version still available? If not, the extension will be uninstalled. It is an absolute impertinence to release an update for an extension where you know it won't work afterwards.
- (2023-08-20, v:2.4.0) William Roy Smith: knkn
- (2023-08-17, v:2.4.0) shashwat pandya: privacy
does it collects my personal info ???
- (2023-08-12, v:2.4.0) emilio fajardo: It stooped working :(
First, I use this extension on the daily bases, so thank you! but today it just stop working. I have uninstalled the extension several times. After reinstalling it, it won't even run a test.
- (2023-08-07, v:2.4.0) Bijay B: Error during adding as extension
When i'm trying to add extenesion a dilogue box saying Erro: image decoding failed. Please look into this matter and do the needful.
- (2023-08-05, v:2.4.0) marco giai-levra: highlight the word read in everywhere
it would be useful to highlight the word read, both in presentation mode and in normal viewing
- (2023-08-02, v:2.4.0) Dietmar Piscator: Hickup at the start of a paragraph // Microsoft Natural Voice
Dear Read Aloud Team, at first, a great thank for that great piece of software, really love it! A problem I have, though, is, that while reading, the voice sometimes has a hickup, something like: Isaac As.....simov. It comes in irregular intervals at the start of a paragraph. Not all paragraphs, though. I couldn't figure out the reason why that happens sometimes and sometimes not. It doesn't have to do with loading new text into the popup window also. I am using a Windows computer with 8 MB RAM (maybe a reason?), Edge and a Microsoft Natural Language. Unfortunately, this voice is only available on Edge, so I couldn't test it with another browser. With Chrome and a normal Microsoft Voice, there seem to be no hickups. Do you have any ideas how I can fix this? It's not essential, but a little bit annoying. Thanks, keep up the great work, Dietmar
- (2023-08-01, v:2.4.0) Laurel Longworth: Can you slow down the speed?
It talks to fast
- (2023-07-26, v:2.4.0) Константин Скляренко: Why is the reading speed different in RU and UA languages?
Why is the reading speed different in RU and UA languages? I have to constantly switch the reading speed when changing the language. What is it connected with? Another fact, when ENG words are found in the text, their reading leaves much to be desired, regardless of what language the reading is currently in, RU or UA For example https://unitalk.cloud/ru/baza-znanij/ Site contains words UniTalk, Call Tracking, SIP numbers, PortSIP on iPhone, MacOS, ZoiPer on Ubuntu, ZoiPer on Windows, PortSIP for Android, ZoiPer on Android, 3CXPhone for Windows (PC) https://skr.sh/sL0HRxbPTua Not to mention individual service names, abbreviations, abbreviations, etc. So really disgusting to happen translation, what a horror. Is there any way to correct the pronunciation if there are words in different languages in the text, or is it impossible to do this?
- (2023-07-21, v:2.4.0) mwl esthmear: Apple
Apple est un bon outil de gestion de la
- (2023-07-15, v:2.4.0) kien nguyen: Selected paragraph
I dont know how to select the paragraph I want to hear ?
- (2023-07-13, v:2.4.0) Rosie Martin: How to use read-aloud for PDF
Hello, how can I upload a PDF to be read-aloud? It worked yesterday but today it's not working. Thanks.
- (2023-07-13, v:2.4.0) Tracy Gaff: Ebook Central
Hi I cant get read aloud to work with ebook central. It suggests I should check the accessibility. I am not sure where to look at the accessibility
- (2023-07-12, v:2.4.0) Jon England: Shortcut keys
Is it possible to include a shortcut key to read highlighted text? The provided shortcuts only seem to work from the start of the page.
- (2023-07-09, v:2.4.0) Camilo Figueroa: The popup window is very intrusive
Very useful tool. thanks. A small suggestion, is the availability to allow to disable or at least to resize the popup window, that's very intrusive. Important part of the viewport of the browser is occupied by that popup window, so you lost the context of the selected text (you are forced to read text to the popup window, because is hidding the original text).
- (2023-07-07, v:2.4.0) Thomas McLaughlin: Gcloud API key not working
When I try to add my Gcloud API Key, I get a 403 error. Not sure why, went to gcloud to try and see if something was disabled and then made an unrestricted key to test but still not luck. Any help would be very much appreciated!
- (2023-07-03, v:2.4.0) Carolina: Not reading
Will press play but it will not read the entire article on the screen, unsure how to get it to read everything again
- (2023-07-03, v:2.4.0) pavel boev: Why the reader always start reading a page from right to left.
Why the reader always start reading a page from right to left when there are two columns of text on the page. Regardless of the height at which the columns appear on a page the reader will always read the entire right column first. For example a book or document are designed to be read from left to right regardless of how many columns they are on each side of the page. That makes listening completely confusing and annoying especially when you got books and documents written that way. There is no way I can change it.
- (2023-07-01, v:2.4.0) Audrey Jones: Kindle Cloud Reader
Was using it to read my required reading for school because I'm not so good at reading, but listening really helps me focus. It worked for the entire time, but today I closed and reopened my tabs and now the extension doesn't recognize any of the text even if I highlight the text, restart my chrome, restart my computer, reinstall the extension? Really frustrating. It was a great service, especially for free.
- (2023-06-30, v:2.4.0) Thiago Ribeiro Nogueira: Image alt texts
Why the extension is not reading the image alt texts anymore?
- (2023-06-30, v:2.4.0) rick baird: google voices
Hi, I've been using your reader for years now. I am blind and love your product, but apparently google voices no longer work for me - I tried the free one you describe below, but it doesn't work for me - I am used to google's standard british (female) - it hits my ear right, and it does a much better job with punctuation and inflection. I am willing to pay for the voice at a reasonable price, but as I am blind, it is very difficult to figure out how. especially when your product doesn't seem to work on many google generated pages. could you point me to a tutorial or web page that can assist me with this? Thank you.
- (2023-06-10, v:2.4.0) Garry Bartsch: Must give permissions before the text is read
For some time a message "You need to grant additional permissions to enable Google Wavenet voices" has been appearing when I ask Read Aloud to read text. The text is read after I grant permissions. Why does this keep happening? I use the Vivaldi browser.
- (2023-06-01, v:2.4.0) Bonnie from Yoconut Dairy Free: robotic male voice!! HELP
Hello the voice changed all the sudden to a very robotic male voice instead of natural female voice. i tried unstalled and reinstalled the chrome extension already. HELP
- (2023-05-31, v:2.4.0) In the Real World: Why do I have to keep reactivating the "Read Aloud" extension?
I have a "Google Cloud Account" which I purchased so I wouldn't have to keep activating the "Read Aloud" extension for Chrome browsers. Is there a setting somewhere to stop this from happening?
- (2023-05-29, v:2.4.0) Robin Carroll-Mann: Change pronunciation of specific words?
I'm using the latest version of the Chrome extension on a Windows laptop. I've been enjoying it very much, but I'll like to know if there's a way to change the pronunciation of specific words. These are usually names (places and people), invented words, and acronyms that are normally spoken as if they were words (POTUS, TARDIS, UNESCO). Is there a way to edit Read Aloud's pronunciation?
- (2023-05-29, v:2.4.0) Sue Davis: Premium Voices
The extension stopped working, I removed it and re-installed, now it will not allow me to use the premium voice I had been using. How can I use it again? it will not allow me to log into using google, facebook or apple log in.
- (2023-05-28, v:2.4.0) Bartholomew Cubbins: Strange link in the panel
Sometimes a link to a page from the United States Justice Department appears on the panel. Why does this happen? Screenshot: https://imgur.com/nAAL5Ba Link goes to: https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/justice-department-announces-largest-health-care-fraud-settlement-its-history
- (2023-05-27, v:2.4.0) A: YOU CAN DO!
1-PLEASE ADD MORE TURKISH MALE VOICES. 2-PLEASE ADD BREATHING SOUND. LIKE "TEXT TO SPEECH THAT BRINGS PRODUCTIVITY" EXTENSION.