Read out loud any page, directly from within the page
Enhance your Chrome with in-page speech capabilities. Listen to news, wiki articles & more, directly on their websites. Reads any website, without having to copy text or leave the website. NEW: keyboard shortcuts: play/pause by clicking shift+alt+downArrow Including readability-mode. Transform your page to main-content-text only. Remove clutter - focus on the article. Together with customizable font size and printer-friendly options. Main Features: Reading whole pages Select text on the page -> right mouse click menu -> read selection Edit the text to be read Remembers text and caret position - so you can pause and later continue. Marks the currently read sentence, so you can follow the reading. Multilingual / accents. all your website reading needs in a simple, efficient and intuitive manner! The extension is super simple to use and, a professional text to speech. The extension allows for instant reading of text with natural sounding voices, directly from within any website. The extension's icon will be placed right on your Chrome's toolbar, so it will always be available without exiting your working tab. In addition, you can simply select the text you want to be read, and click "Speak" right from the popup context menu upon the right-mouse-click. Full offline support The ttsreader chrome extension has a set features and functionality that allow you to control and customize your listening experience. • Choose a language (or accent) from a list. • Control and vary dictation speeds • Play and pause buttons • Reset reader button • Load/Reload page text • Load the text into a textbox and follow with the assist of highlighted segments • Hear text via selection and use of the right click menu! • Listen and continue browsing on other sites. Uses of the TTSreader extenstion: • While working, listen to interesting articles and books • TTSReader allows for listening to written content while doing something else. • Educational for Kids • Aid for people with difficulties in reading • Narrating & dubbing movies, presentations & more Ttsreader is particularly suited for content based websites, eg Wikipedia articles. Privacy: We at TTSReader.com value your privacy, and that's why we do not store anything you type or any other data about you. For additional info & feedback, please contact us at [email protected], For TTSReader for PCs, iOS (on Safari), desktops, laptops, go to http://ttsreader.com Enjoy listening!
- (2019-12-10) Kasumi Kugen: Multiple UI bugs, unwanted start read even button play not pressed. Good idea, bad realisation...
- (2019-12-05) Joao Lopes da Silva: muito bom
- (2019-10-16) Bob Heitzman: This appears to be an outdated version of another product by the same company. Website does not compare the two product features or use cases so it is hard to tell. It also causes a pop up notification each time Chrome is at boot time which is annoying.
- (2019-10-05) Dustin Sharpless: Runs in the background from Windows startup, whether or not using Chrome, for no legitimate reason.
- (2019-08-28) tracy shang: great customized
- (2019-06-20) Abdullah Shahzad: best from all others
- (2019-03-23) Jacob Pattinson: I only wish that it hard a faster reading speed than its current maximum.
- (2019-03-16) fantástica,falta poder pagar 7,49Euros por transferencia bancaria:TTSReader permite exportar la voz sintetizada con un solo clic. Actualmente está disponible solo en Windows y requiere el token premium de ttsreader TTSReader Premium Token en Chrome web store. me gustaría que la ventana se agrandase o fijarla,como sustituto,configuración de Chrome,más herramientas,crear acceso directo,y que aclaren que hay que configurar en la configuración de contenido,para un optimo funcionamiento(yo se: no bloquear el microfono,hasta hay llego,jejejej).
- (2019-03-10) Best free text to speech browser addon I've tried. The voice I use is easy to get used to and it really helps me to be able to look at the text while listening when I have difficulties concentrating. I have attention deficiency and this really is a lifesaver for my multi-tasking tendencies, letting me "read" articles and online books while doing other stuff. It would be great to see some editing options on how some markings are read. For example, many texts I read have many creative ways to separate chapters, and there's a limit to how many time I like to hear tildatildatildatildatildatildatildatilda etc when the author has meant them just for decoration. Highlighting a marking and picking an option to skip it next time could work? Only minus is the complications with the premium. I really like the free version and wanted to support it, expecting to get rid of the pop up ads after getting the premium, but the premium icon just redirected to the page. If I understood correctly, I'd had to get the premium to get an account, and THEN pay more to get rid of the ads? If I didn't understand correctly, it just says something about how difficult to understand upgrading is. I managed to cancel my payment without any issues but would have really wanted to get basically this free version but without ads+some editing options, it would really be worth the money for me. I would suggest adding an option to just upgrading the browser addon, without having to purchase a whole premium version only to be able to pay more money, or alternatively clearly expressing if the premium doesn't automatically affect the browser addon. And if it really does but everyone's been having problems with it, writing a easy to understand instructions for it. In any case, a wonderful extension!
- (2019-03-06) Klaus Schmidt: Wäre Super gewesen, wenn man "TTSreaderX Lifetime Discount" auch per PayPal hätte bezahlen können. Ich werde mir definitiv keine Kreditkarte zulegen. Also ein Stern weniger ...
- (2019-01-22) Heydi Smith: I've tried about 5 different TTS extensions on my Chromebook and this is the only one so far that I could 1) understand clearly, 2) copy/paste text into, 3) was free and offered the options I needed without any frills I don't.
- (2019-01-09) aione: 棒棒的。。。 虽然我是免费用户，但我还是要说，换个颜色的图标，它实在太显眼了，以至于我把它隐藏起来了(￣▽￣)／
- (2018-12-04) Klaus Alencar: poderia ter a opçao de falar o texto mais de uma vez,sem ter ficar clicando
- (2018-10-25) david henry: Paid for premium. It didn't work. Tried to cancel the payment withing the 30 minutes but it wouldn't cancel the payment. I was interested in the voices available and creating MP3 files. Turned out they basically had the two Microsoft Voices that I already had plus two other generics. You pay for nothing and can't cancel. The free version gives you no real information about the premium version.
- (2018-10-04) Rebekah Nuttall: Considering that it's free, it's decent quality. Helps me a lot with my ADHD and doing homework. Though it could be much better quality if you paid for a program, this works just fine.
- (2018-09-23) Im very happy with the product, its reliable, simple to use, and free. Thank you provider!
- (2018-09-14) Matt G: Doesn't work out of the box like it should. Messed with it for 10 minutes and decided i had already wasted too much time. trying something else
- (2018-08-21) Atoosa dh: because of adds
- (2018-07-07) Riccardo Troè: Molto Valida, voci italiane fatte in modo egregio. Microsoft dovrebbe adottare le stesse voci.
- (2018-06-25) Aniah Thurman: love it
- (2018-06-16) leonardo1480: having low vision this help me a lot
- (2018-06-05) Dawid Jankowski: would be great, but it doesn't save the reading settings, resets to default after quitting chrome
- (2018-05-24) Ian Wilson: sounds abnoxious
- (2018-05-22) Alex H: Hebrew crashes, it doesn't work!!
- (2018-05-22) Elisa Doardi: A male version of the Italian language is missing.
- (2020-01-12, v:1.32) Princess Nelson: Premium Version Not Working
I purchased the premium version a couple months ago, and I sign into my other pc and now both of my pc don't show the paid version it is showing me that I have to pay again.
- (2019-10-13, v:1.32) Mark Leaver: Forward Slash /
Can the voice stop saying the words for / ("forward slash) ?
- (2019-09-23, v:1.32) Heather Pelton: TTS Reader
I have a TRANSACTION ID I can supply. I used the free version and once i upgraded it stopped working. It has not ever worked please refund or correct application.
- (2019-08-29, v:1.32) fabiola gavilanes álava: desintalar la extension
no puedo desinstalar la extension
- (2019-08-28, v:1.32) UMA C SHEKAR: License information
I have just purchased TTS reader. However, I could not find out the license information anywhere. How can I find out if it is fully licensed lifetime as per the terms. Please advise by e-mail to me.
- (2019-07-10, v:1.32) Tony Prez: refund
just purchased but does not have the functionality Im looking for. thanks. works well otherwise
- (2019-05-08, v:1.32) SkiBumTim: I'm within the 30 minute window and want a refund also!
Where's the cancel within 30 minue option?
- (2019-05-04, v:1.32) : Refund PREMIUM paid account.
I bought the PREMIUM life time offer and now my account still shows that i need to buy PREMIUM account/token... I want Refund!
- (2019-04-20, v:1.32) Jack Jentzen: REFUND
I want a refund and I am within the 30 minute window.
- (2019-04-06, v:1.32) Uncle Grandpa: Hi, just wondering where the Latin American Spanish voice is.
I used it a lot to read academic stuff on a desktop computer, but can no longer find it. Unsure if it's because I'm using a Chromebook? I think I have the premium version. If there's any update that would bring it back let me know. Thanks!
- (2019-03-19, v:1.32) William Scott Scherk: Text-to-speech will not play sound (March 19 2019)
I've been using TTSReader for almost a year on my laptop (Windows 10) with no problems. But suddenly the reader will not play sound. I am using the update Chrome 73.0.3683.75 Can you please test TTS Reader in the latest Chrome environment and see if the problem is common with other folks? Thanks. This has been a super-duper extension, used every day. I would hate it if it never works again due to Chrome issues.