Read out loud any page, directly from within the page
Reads out loud any page without leaving the page. Works continuously - even if you shift to a different tab. No tricks. No privacy violations. Does what it says it does - nothing else hidden under the hood. Listen to news, wiki articles & more, directly on their websites. Reads any website, without having to copy text or leave the website. TTSreader is particularly suited for content based websites, eg Wikipedia articles. Please note: the ability to read an article on a site depends heavily on how the site is built (and tagged under the hood), as we try to read only the interesting content and skip non content like ads and stuff. In case you need it to read a site, and it does not do it very well, you can select the text, right-click with the mouse, then select 'Play Selected Text'. Also - please send us an email, or feedback on https://ttsreader.com/extension/guide/ so we can perhaps adjust for the site you need. Main Features: Reading whole pages Select text on the page -> right mouse click menu -> read selection Marks the currently read sentence, so you can follow the reading. Multilingual, multiple voices and accents. All your website reading needs in a simple, efficient and intuitive manner! The extension is super simple to use and, a professional text to speech. The extension allows for instant reading of text with natural sounding voices, directly from within any website. The extension's icon will be placed right on your Chrome's toolbar, so it will always be available without exiting your working tab. In addition, you can simply select the text you want to be read, and click "Play Selected" right from the popup context menu upon the right-mouse-click. The TTSReader chrome extension has a set features and functionality that allow you to control and customize your listening experience. • Choose a language & voice from a list. • Control and vary reading speeds • Play, pause, skip back and forward • Hear text via selection and use of the right click menu • Listen and continue browsing on other sites. Uses of the TTSreader extenstion: • While working, listen to interesting articles and books • TTSReader allows for listening to written content while doing something else. • Suitable for kids education • Aid for people with difficulties in reading Privacy: We at TTSReader.com value your privacy, and that's why we do not store anything you type or any other data about you. For additional info & feedback, please contact us at [email protected] Visit our site on ttsreader.com
- (2023-08-20) MiX So: The plugin allows you to change the speed of speech and change voices. It's very important and good! But this plugin very often stops in the middle of speech. I constantly see and hear that this plugin USUALLY stops in the middle of speech!!! It's bad...
- (2023-03-31) Chris Vydas: Some good some bad but mostly it doesn't work. Red only a small portion not the entirety of the page, even stops mid sentence but if I hit the play button again, it restarts. Kinda a pain but it works albeit, barely. Please fix it
- (2023-02-13) Diana Holiner: It's fine but the voices aren't the right speed anymore and the voices aren't as good as they used to be. I liked it earlier but now I'd just rather use something else.
- (2023-02-05) Willi Woo: Best TTS hands down!
- (2022-12-28) Luciano Gadelha: Do luxo ao lixo! Eu estava usando o TTSReader Text to Speech há algum tempo e realmente gostava dele. O recurso de leitura de texto era muito útil para ajudar a me concentrar enquanto trabalhava e também para acessar conteúdo que eu talvez não tivesse tempo de ler. No entanto, recentemente instalei a nova atualização e fiquei muito desapontado com a mudança de aparência. A interface antiga era muito mais fácil de usar e mais agradável de olhar, mas agora parece muito mais bagunçada e confusa. Além disso, a qualidade da voz também parece ter diminuído. Infelizmente, vou ter que procurar outra extensão de leitura de texto para usar no lugar do TTSReader.Eu realmente espero que o desenvolvedor conserte esses problemas em breve, porque eu gostava muito do TTSReader e gostaria de poder usá-lo novamente.
- (2022-12-27) Black Skull: They broke it then they fixed it now it is the best text to voice reader I possess super handy and nifty absolutely love it
- (2022-12-19) Adam Benedict: This app was easy and great, after the new update, i'm looking for a new screen reader. Why change something working great?
- (2022-12-18) Petar Djordjevic: It was good until the update.
- (2022-12-18) OldRedneck guy: Was amazing, near perfect, new update totally ruined it, i hate it now and i will be looking for a different text to speech reader for college, its a shame because it was great from my first college class to now the grad school thesis, hopefully they undo the update and restore it to normal so i do not have to look for a new reader
- (2022-11-26) type empty: no wiswig
- (2022-07-06) Rusty Hill: Within the first few hours of adding it I love it! Exactly what I needed when I wnt to the store.
- (2022-06-06) D C: Editable so people like me with ALS impaired speech can use it to communicate. The only thing I suggest is to allow a user to open the TTS with a blank page to be ready for users text
- (2022-03-08) Rohit Kathariya: i loved too much this .I liked most that is there are different voices available so the world best .
- (2020-12-28) Tadeu Fagaraz: A velocidade máxima ( too fast) (das 5 velociades) poderia ser um pouco mais rápida. E para aprender a usar e configurar, leva um tempinho. Faltou atalho no teclado para pausar, acelerar e diminuir velocidade. Fora isso, foi o melhor que encontrei e funciona muito bem.
- (2020-10-09) Hack Man: I originally rated this 4 stars, because it was pretty much the only app I could find where you could change the rate it reads at. Some time in the summer of 2020 the speed change stopped working. Not sure if it was a change in the app or a change in Google Chrome, but it hasn't been fixed--so I'm changing my rating to a "2" for now. Also, now it will read a few sentences and then stop. And often, you have to tell it to read, then tell it to pause, and then tell it to read a second time before it will even start reading.
- (2020-10-04) Comrade Winston (ComradeWinston): Randomly changed one of my favorite voices to something else. garbo
- (2020-02-22) Voice Actor Bobby G.: This is very useful and I loved it! It has a few flaws though! First off, it mispronounces some words. I will love for TTS to create a pronunciation editor, similar to what Natural Reader did and it's free! :D I dislike the fact that you have to pay money monthly in order to have natural sounding voices in NaturalReader. This TTS reader is free and I love that! ^^ If this TTS reader added their own pronunciation editor on both the website and the extension somehow, someway, that will be great! That way, I don't have to worry about the Text to Speech reader mispronouncing words. ^^ Also, this Text To Speech reader sometimes stops at periods when it reads out names like U.S. or S.H.I.E.L.D. Another thing is that this Text To Speech reader reads out the !!!. The exclamation marks. That has to be fixed. And one last thing. The confusion of Dr. and St. for Doctor and Saint, but sometimes, it reads out as Drive and Street. xDD That needs to be fixed as well. Overall, a very awesome and useful extension, but if they added what I suggested in this review, it will be awesome! :D <3
- (2020-02-21) Максим Нестеров (Max Nest): ТОЛЬКО АНГЛИЙСКИЙ ЯЗЫК! ПОЧЕМУ??? НА САЙТЕ ЖЕ ЕСТЬ РУССКИЙ!
- (2020-02-19) Lu Negão: A melhor opção que vi até agora, mas não dei 5 estrelas por ainda esperar uma extensão que leia o texto "selecionado" da página NA PRÓPRIA PÁGINA, marcando de amarelo ou outra cor a parte que está sendo lida. Sei que têm outras extensões que fazem isto, mas a maioria INSISTEM em não disponibilizar VÁRIAS opções de VELOCIDADE, para que possamos escolher de acordo com o TEMPO que temos E a ATENÇÃO que o texto necessitar.
- (2020-02-08) True Apostle: This is without much thinking on my part, of all the different text to speech applications, and most all were useful, the easiest and most reliable reader I've added to Chrome. I therefore give top review, and see any needed improvements as something that is going to happen for the constructive collaboration between those that make these applications and the people who are needed to test and use these tools, giving criticism where it is positive to build a greater UX and UI, #1 TTS Reader that can do all that anyone could desire or need! This stronger relationship between us all makes anything in this platform called existence a mutual collective species that evolves into the zenith horizon super race of mankind. There is a glitch within this very useful text to speech reader, namely the premium version, when I purchased it was doing fine, but then a month later it stopped being able to access and speak the different voices. Is only giving me the US female voice. $10, so what! I guarantee all of you who have complained got way more than a $10 contribution to something that works great, even if it is speaking only one voice. Plus I am certain that it functions fantastic for most who have it installed. TRUE
- (2019-12-10) Kasumi Kugen: Multiple UI bugs, unwanted start read even button play not pressed. Good idea, bad realisation...
- (2019-12-05) Joao Lopes da Silva: muito bom
- (2019-10-16) Bob Heitzman: This appears to be an outdated version of another product by the same company. Website does not compare the two product features or use cases so it is hard to tell. It also causes a pop up notification each time Chrome is at boot time which is annoying.
- (2019-10-05) Thor Sharpless: Runs in the background from Windows startup, whether or not using Chrome, for no legitimate reason.
- (2019-08-28) tracy shang: great customized
- (2019-06-20) Abdullah Shahzad: best from all others
- (2019-03-23) Jacob Pattinson: I only wish that it hard a faster reading speed than its current maximum.
- (2019-03-16) fantástica,falta poder pagar 7,49Euros por transferencia bancaria:TTSReader permite exportar la voz sintetizada con un solo clic. Actualmente está disponible solo en Windows y requiere el token premium de ttsreader TTSReader Premium Token en Chrome web store. me gustaría que la ventana se agrandase o fijarla,como sustituto,configuración de Chrome,más herramientas,crear acceso directo,y que aclaren que hay que configurar en la configuración de contenido,para un optimo funcionamiento(yo se: no bloquear el microfono,hasta hay llego,jejejej).
- (2019-03-10) Best free text to speech browser addon I've tried. The voice I use is easy to get used to and it really helps me to be able to look at the text while listening when I have difficulties concentrating. I have attention deficiency and this really is a lifesaver for my multi-tasking tendencies, letting me "read" articles and online books while doing other stuff. It would be great to see some editing options on how some markings are read. For example, many texts I read have many creative ways to separate chapters, and there's a limit to how many time I like to hear tildatildatildatildatildatildatildatilda etc when the author has meant them just for decoration. Highlighting a marking and picking an option to skip it next time could work? Only minus is the complications with the premium. I really like the free version and wanted to support it, expecting to get rid of the pop up ads after getting the premium, but the premium icon just redirected to the page. If I understood correctly, I'd had to get the premium to get an account, and THEN pay more to get rid of the ads? If I didn't understand correctly, it just says something about how difficult to understand upgrading is. I managed to cancel my payment without any issues but would have really wanted to get basically this free version but without ads+some editing options, it would really be worth the money for me. I would suggest adding an option to just upgrading the browser addon, without having to purchase a whole premium version only to be able to pay more money, or alternatively clearly expressing if the premium doesn't automatically affect the browser addon. And if it really does but everyone's been having problems with it, writing a easy to understand instructions for it. In any case, a wonderful extension!
- (2019-03-06) Klaus Schmidt: Wäre Super gewesen, wenn man "TTSreaderX Lifetime Discount" auch per PayPal hätte bezahlen können. Ich werde mir definitiv keine Kreditkarte zulegen. Also ein Stern weniger ...
- (2019-01-22) Heydi Smith: I've tried about 5 different TTS extensions on my Chromebook and this is the only one so far that I could 1) understand clearly, 2) copy/paste text into, 3) was free and offered the options I needed without any frills I don't.
- (2019-01-09) aione: 棒棒的。。。 虽然我是免费用户，但我还是要说，换个颜色的图标，它实在太显眼了，以至于我把它隐藏起来了(￣▽￣)／
- (2018-12-04) Klaus Alencar: poderia ter a opçao de falar o texto mais de uma vez,sem ter ficar clicando
- (2018-10-25) david henry: Paid for premium. It didn't work. Tried to cancel the payment withing the 30 minutes but it wouldn't cancel the payment. I was interested in the voices available and creating MP3 files. Turned out they basically had the two Microsoft Voices that I already had plus two other generics. You pay for nothing and can't cancel. The free version gives you no real information about the premium version.
- (2018-10-04) Rebekah Nuttall: Considering that it's free, it's decent quality. Helps me a lot with my ADHD and doing homework. Though it could be much better quality if you paid for a program, this works just fine.
- (2018-09-23) Im very happy with the product, its reliable, simple to use, and free. Thank you provider!
- (2018-09-14) Matt G: Doesn't work out of the box like it should. Messed with it for 10 minutes and decided i had already wasted too much time. trying something else
- (2018-08-21) Atoosa dh: because of adds
- (2018-07-07) Riccardo Troè: Molto Valida, voci italiane fatte in modo egregio. Microsoft dovrebbe adottare le stesse voci.
- (2018-06-25) Aniah Thurman: love it
- (2018-06-16) leonardo1480: having low vision this help me a lot
- (2018-06-05) Dawid Jankowski: would be great, but it doesn't save the reading settings, resets to default after quitting chrome
- (2018-05-24) Ian Wilson: sounds abnoxious
- (2018-05-22) Alex H: Hebrew crashes, it doesn't work!!
- (2018-05-22) Elisa Doardi: A male version of the Italian language is missing.
- (2018-05-07) Wayne Shepherd: Used to work. Now in Chrome it doesn't work at all. There is no ad-blocker, the volume is up, and sound works on every other single page. For some reason no sound comes from this extension or the main site page. Also, the page is not "muted". I don't know what the problem is. I am using it on Linux in Google Chrome.
- (2018-04-12) G- KSHATRIYA TRECE: La uso solo para pegar los textos de documentos y poder escucharlos ya que para escuchar las paginas web les recomiendo mejor TTS Reader v0.1.1 que tiene mayor variedad de voces, y dentro de estas escoger las voces de speech y luego us SPANISH MALE la mejor voz que hasta el momento conseguí, gracias.
- (2023-04-13, v:10.32.6) Gordon Hughes: How do I proceed
I have paid the money for the pro version, what do I do to install it and how do I use it
- (2023-04-05, v:10.32.6) Alex Bledsoe: The US version
I am trying to get it to talk in the US voice on default, but it is the UK. How do I get it to reset and talk in the US version? I have uninstalled it twice with no luck!! :(
- (2022-12-27, v:10.32.5) Somna Weismann: list items
The reader is treating list items (or other text without periods) like a run on sentence until the speaker basically runs out of simulated breath and adds a pause in a random spot. It would make more sense if there were short pauses at the beginning and end of a <ul> or <ol> and between each <li>. Alternately, if you are using innerText to read and don't have the HTML to parse at that point, pause with new lines.
- (2022-12-18, v:3.0.2) Felicia Carter: new update is great thanks
love the update helps a lot with reading articles with selecting each paragraph u want to read
- (2021-09-13, v:1.32.5) ICEBEAR PLAYS: g4kn
it wont say anything
- (2021-02-22, v:1.32.5) Ross Mc Carthy: Keyboard Shortcut interferes with regular operations
Is there a way to disable the keyboard shortcut (Shift alt down) to play?
- (2020-04-20, v:1.32) yishai Eyal: Unsubscribe
Hello, I wanted to End your subscription, I didn't know it was monthly Yishai Eyal
- (2020-01-12, v:1.32) Princess Nelson: Premium Version Not Working
I purchased the premium version a couple months ago, and I sign into my other pc and now both of my pc don't show the paid version it is showing me that I have to pay again.
- (2019-10-13, v:1.32) Get Peace Right at facebook: Forward Slash /
Can the voice stop saying the words for / ("forward slash) ?
- (2019-09-23, v:1.32) Heather Pelton: TTS Reader
I have a TRANSACTION ID I can supply. I used the free version and once i upgraded it stopped working. It has not ever worked please refund or correct application.
- (2019-08-29, v:1.32) Fabiola Eterna Esencia Encarnada: desintalar la extension
no puedo desinstalar la extension
- (2019-08-28, v:1.32) UMA C SHEKAR: License information
I have just purchased TTS reader. However, I could not find out the license information anywhere. How can I find out if it is fully licensed lifetime as per the terms. Please advise by e-mail to me.
- (2019-07-10, v:1.32) Tony Prez: refund
just purchased but does not have the functionality Im looking for. thanks. works well otherwise
- (2019-05-08, v:1.32) SkiBumTim: I'm within the 30 minute window and want a refund also!
Where's the cancel within 30 minue option?
- (2019-05-04, v:1.32) : Refund PREMIUM paid account.
I bought the PREMIUM life time offer and now my account still shows that i need to buy PREMIUM account/token... I want Refund!
- (2019-04-20, v:1.32) Bert: REFUND
I want a refund and I am within the 30 minute window.
- (2019-04-06, v:1.32) Uncle Grandpa: Hi, just wondering where the Latin American Spanish voice is.
I used it a lot to read academic stuff on a desktop computer, but can no longer find it. Unsure if it's because I'm using a Chromebook? I think I have the premium version. If there's any update that would bring it back let me know. Thanks!
- (2019-03-19, v:1.32) William Scott Scherk: Text-to-speech will not play sound (March 19 2019)
I've been using TTSReader for almost a year on my laptop (Windows 10) with no problems. But suddenly the reader will not play sound. I am using the update Chrome 73.0.3683.75 Can you please test TTS Reader in the latest Chrome environment and see if the problem is common with other folks? Thanks. This has been a super-duper extension, used every day. I would hate it if it never works again due to Chrome issues.