Click on a text and click2speech reads it out to you.
Chrome extension to help the visually impaired and those with dyslexia.
- (2023-01-25) Orlando Hernandez: Thank you so much for this click2speech extension, I do a lot of study and research but I'm not a fast reader. I can do a lot more with is app, I have gotten used to the fastest speed. It would be nice if we could train it as it reads to make it even better. I'm also learning programming and would love to see the raw code to learn and collaborate with improvements. Thank you again for you work!
- (2023-01-19) r u human or dog?: Love this extension. The best text to speech extension for me. The only extension that can click to speech. Sadly this extension is not working properly for me lately. After each click to speech, the language option used will greyed out and become not usable. Refresh does not solve this problem. I hope this get fixed soon.
- (2022-03-28) D T: not working with Turkish
- (2022-03-19) barantastic: Amazing extension! Can you add PDF support?
- (2021-11-09) MentalBlue: I think this is a great tool for productivity if you have to turn your head from the monitor and still not miss your work / content. Is there any possibility to add some even more natural voices? I am pleasantly surprised that it also includes Croatian as a language but more natural voices would be great to have as an option. More than that I would like to be able to select the whole text to read not just one paragraph that is selected automatically or even download the text as mp3. Is that actually possible somehow?
- (2021-06-14) Junior Mendes: Tks ..A+
- (2020-12-11) Matthew Bowles: I like this extension! I especially like that it reads entire paragraphs. Unfortunately, ever since last night, the Google UK English Male ended up not sounding clear and ended up having low quality. I liked it when it was clear with high quality. A lot of the other voices which used to have high quality now have low quality too. Other than that, the app is wonderful! :)
- (2020-11-10) Anik Gupta: Please add bangla (bn) speech.
- (2020-10-24) Stuart Craig: Absolutely fantastic extension! I've spent a silly amount of time trying every text-to-speech extension out there and this one beats them all. Others are more popular, like 'NaturalReader' or 'Read Aloud, but they either don't allow you to use the voices installed on your computer, or can't be speeded up enough. Click2speech can do it all. Downloading yourself a good voice (like an Ivona voice or something), installing it on your computer, and using click2speech will give you the very best TTS experience online Thank you for making this :)
- (2020-07-02) Jon Su: Worked great, but now it crashes where after clicking, there is not audio output and the only way to fix it is remove and re-add the extension
- (2020-02-28) W Tarra: 用了好几款文字识别应用，综合来看，这款最方便顺手
- (2019-12-12) Ulysses Omycron: This extension is a MUST have! Why? Because even if you don't use it, after installing it it adds IBM Voices to Chrome, which means you can use those voices in other TTS Extensions that allow you to change Pitch and Volume. The reason I don't use it is because I need one that keeps reading while I do other stuff in Chrome, but this one stops reading when I click inside another Window or Tab :( - But I still rate it 5 stars because it's the only one that offers these high quality voices so I click the Icon and choose turn off and I have access to them in other applications :D
- (2019-07-06) Jonathan L: i am speechless
- (2019-06-28) Trisha Cunningham (Payne): Recently the workings of the extension seem to not work as well (this week, and today). For indented bullet items the extension read them as though they were all an ongoing sentence. It would be great to have greater customization the ability to select what's to be read if possible. I also wish you worked on anything displayed within a Chrome tab. Fingers crossed that can come.
- (2019-06-05) Espaços Leste: Tudo muito bom, falta apenas ter um campo onde jogamos o texto e ele le
- (2018-12-02) Bud Fredrick: Worked great until a few days ago when the highlighted text started to turn red and no audio.
- (2018-11-13) Víctor Venegas P.: Aunque no es tan versátil como la extensión SpeakIt! 0.2.997, recientemente deshabilitada por Google, cumple su cometido. Darle la capacidad para que seleccione texto a pedido -desde una única palabra hasta varios párrafos-, y lo lea, la haría merecedora de más estrellas. Después de todo, el punto es poder escuchar un texto mientras uno hace otras cosas, sin necesidad de permanecer todo el tiempo frente al PC. Although it is not as versatile as SpeakIt! 0.2,997, recently disabled by Google, it does the work. Give her the ability to select text on demand -from a single word to several paragraphs-, and reading it, make it worthy of more stars. After all, the point is to listen to a text while I do other things, without staying all the time in front of the PC.
- (2018-10-04) Congratulations on your job.
- (2018-05-16) Du Flo: EXCELENTE
- (2018-03-20) Johnson Lin: I love it. But could you disable your 'console.log' in production version please?
- (2018-01-29) Ігор Анісімов: работет!!
- (2018-01-21) Artemi Lebedev: add pause and add russian(yandex speakit!) thx!)
- (2018-01-07) INGO MS: the best tts
- (2017-12-31) Nikolay Мikhaylov: на пять
- (2017-10-29) Bill Brunelle: Sofar, the best one I've used yet. I will keep this one.It is perfect!
- (2017-09-18) Kamel Takla: The great software. Keep the updates coming.
- (2017-05-17) Kristin Clark: This APP is amazing. The voice is great, the inflection is almost natural. Its very easy to use. My high school student is dyslexic, and this APP makes doing research possible. THANK YOU for this awesome APP.
- (2017-04-11) Ebi Sadeghi: uعالی هستش
- (2017-04-11) Edina: I downloaded this extension for the option to set the voice to female, but it keeps switching to the default male voice even in the middle of a paragraph. The switching gets to be jarring and annoying.
- (2017-03-04) Mansoor Ghalib: love this app.
- (2017-01-27) foxy: Please can you do something about click to speech for a few days now I get a message to say. (Invalid licence click to go to Ispeech.org For a licence .What does it mean ?
- (2017-01-24) Maureen TMC: Love it when it work but the things going nuts please fix it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- (2016-11-30) Steve Blake: Most excellent output. I set the voice speed to 1.3x and it sounded excellent. With that said, on occasion, a "different voice" is produced and there is a very noticeable difference in the pronunciation of certain words. I realize this "should" be using the same database but an obvious change takes place for a short period of time.
- (2016-11-12) tetsu to: iSpeechしか動作しない。読み上げ文字数が少なすぎる。
- (2016-10-28) Automatically uses the browser language, regardless of the language of the content.
- (2016-10-27) Ichigo S-Guranto: Does a great job reading web pages by auto-highlighting and selecting the paragraphs as well as manually selecting what i desire to read. It can even read posts such as messages i may get in a chat, e.g.: evernote or G+! The iSpeak female voice is the best and quite natural!! The customization features for voice and speech are great! I only wish that i could change the highlight color as i cannot read in the highlighted reading color. Plus the voice switches from time to time which is freaky! Meanwhile, Keep up the fab work! :D
- (2016-10-03) Tom Gubbins: Love it. Have trouble in google doc can only read 1 line at a time. PDFs would be great.
- (2023-02-08, v:2.1.3) Frank Farrugia: Voice keeps changing
I have used this extension for years now and it has been wonderful since I am visually impaired. Now with each new paragraph the voice keeps changing, as if it is going through the list of possible voices. How can I make this stop and keep just one voice? Thank you!
- (2023-01-25, v:2.1.3) Pierre Boissé: Voice chages every clic on paragraph and then, no more voice.
2023 January 22, Hi Since a week or so, this chrome application does not function as well as before and I don't know how to make it function as before. Is it cause by a new version of chrome or of microsoft ? Dont know. Each time I click on a paragraph the voice changes. It does it a few times and then I cannot hear any voice at all for many clicks on different paragraphs. After some time I hear the voices that change and then nothing. I have tried to uninstall the application and reinstall it but the same problem persists. Is there a solution to make it work as before ? For me, it is until now, the best tts application that exists.It's his simplicity to use that I like the most. I have tried many others but none is as easy to use as click2speech. Sorry for my poor english. I hope it is clear enough for you to understand the meaning. Thank you. Regards.
- (2021-11-09, v:2.1.0) MentalBlue: Would be nice to have
Is there any possibility to add some even more natural voices? I am pleasantly surprised that it also includes Croatian as a language but more natural voices would be great to have as an option. More than that I would like to be able to select the whole text to read not just one paragraph that is selected automatically or even download the text as mp3. Is that actually possible somehow?
- (2020-10-24, v:2.0.4) Stuart Craig: Speed
Hi, I recently started using click2speech and I love it :) thank you very much! I see it has a speed setting which goes up to "4.0", but I wish it could go faster - is there a way to make this happen? Thanks, Stuart
- (2020-02-07, v:1.5.8) John Gaines: Great extension...
I love this extension, it helping me so mush with school work. I wish I had this when I was younger! Is to train the voice AI to recognize subscript? Generally if there is subscript notation the speech engine will interpret the text as "dot 1" for instance not recognizing the period and running the sentence into the next. Not a deal breaker mind you, just gets confusing at times.
- (2019-06-28, v:1.5.8) Trisha Cunningham (Payne): Recent functionality problems; specific example: bullet points
Recently the workings of the extension seem to not work as well (this week, and today). For indented bullet items the extension read them as though they were all an ongoing sentence.
- (2019-05-17, v:1.5.8) Trisha Cunningham (Payne): Use: in window pdf documents
Hello, I am in love with your extension but sometimes find it doesn't work. For example when I have a tab with a pdf open to read. QUESTION: is there a way I'm not aware of to have this extension read pdfs when they are in a chrome tab window? Thank you!
- (2019-02-14, v:1.5.7) Euni Ichigo S-Guranto: Suddenly cuts off
The TTS will read a few lines of some paragraphs before cutting off halfway through a word and turning the selected paragraph red before de-selecting the text. When it does work, the word by word highlight lags behind by 1 or 2 words spoken. Does anyone else have this issue??? Please fix! :)
- (2019-01-29, v:1.5.7) Kalen Grant: Google Forms (Quiz in Locked mode)
When a quiz is given in Google Forms (quiz) Locked mode, the extension does not work. When given in unlocked mode, the extension works fine.
- (2018-10-22, v:1.5.6) Hang bővítés
Kedves Zsolt! Megoldható lenne hogy a program tartalmazzon magyar nyelvű hangot is? Nagyon hiányzik!
- (2018-06-09, v:1.5.4) Sports Injuries And Rehabilitation: 67.0.3396.79 chrome version - problem
Hi Thanks for the wonderful app. For the past one week google english voice was not working properly and the chrome browser hang up one the click2speech app is activated.
- (2018-04-26, v:1.5.4) Background color is too dark
This is the BEST chrome extension TTS. But could you please change the background dark blue color during reading (speech) mode to somethings lighter color. It make easier for old folks like me, to follow the text on the monitor. Thanks
- (2018-03-21, v:1.5.4) Sue Lewis: Google Docs and PDF
I love it for all web based articles but it doesn't work in Google docs (but I think it did at one time) or with PDFs
- (2018-03-12, v:1.5.4) Edward De Leonardis: click2speech not working on my website
Click to speech does not highlight green my text and does not read? Would you be able to help me? Thanks, Ed http://ideainminds.com/learniko/#
- (2018-03-12, v:1.5.4) clicktospeech does not work on my website
I am developing a new page and clicktospeech doesn't seem to work on it. Would you be abel to help me? http://ideainminds.com/learniko/#