'Text Reader' is a chrome extension that Reads for you, texts you select from websites you visit. It also have an editing window where you can type your own words/sentences to be read out loud or even upload a text document to the window or use your mic to type. New updates : performance bug fix and added : > List of voices to choose from > Word or sentence selection on windows Mode > Speech controller to speak desired sentence by using using your keyboard arrows and space Please report any issue you encounter using our report button on windows mode , here in the review section or email us . We are always working on improving the Text Reader and keeping it free as always to help you reach your goals.
- (2022-09-14) Ιερώνυμος Κόρακας (Ron): It accomplishes what you need it to. However, there's several issue. My biggest one was the fact that if you copy and paste a PDF article, which is split into two columns, it'll read that split as a space - So, the reader will pause after that break - even though it maybe halfway through the sentence. Wish this could have been worked into the code so this doesn't happen. So, it makes reading Medical Journals and Articles pretty much unbearable. Also, the voices are not that well a.i. optimized. It'll still sound like a robot, regardless of how much you change the pitch and speed, and voice. Overall, it's ok because it actually does what it claims. HOW WELL it does it is why I took off the 2 stars.
- (2022-09-13) TamsonCat: trash it does not work i tried everytime i highlight and do what it asks me it does not work
- (2022-05-06) Mendel Fogel: Can't express how awesome this is and how helpful. All you do is right click anywhere on the google screen, click the extension and paste what you want it to read! Amazing and really helps, thanks so much!!!!!
- (2021-12-27) Anna Yara: NIce app!
- (2021-09-28) Abby McNaughton: doesn't read online textbooks from McGraw Hill
- (2021-02-10) RawrGamer21: Its so bad it wont even work ive tried every thing it just doesnt work would not reccomend this at all!
- (2021-01-20) Igor Dukic: Stupid App
- (2020-04-03) Andrzej Ratajski: It work really good with Polish.
- (2019-10-01) Michel La Fuente Leon: i dont try it yet
- (2019-04-28) Daniela Milagros: por fin encontre algo que sirve
- (2018-06-18) Maise Nielsen: It can't read more than three lines before stopping and I have to mark the text again. That's way too much waste of my time when I need to read a book.
- (2017-12-07) Joshua McIntire: I really doesn't work that well
- (2017-10-23) Didn't work...
- (2017-10-14) Israel Amador: not the best but i didnt expect much in the first place, this is acceptable, works for what i am looking for
- (2017-09-09) William Eisner: does not work
- (2017-09-01) RedPandaSupee m: this extension is somewhat useful but it wont read many websites or files please fix
- (2017-08-05) Azam Khan: good
- (2017-06-27) Q7zc: window is what i was looking for.
- (2017-05-09) Monica Woldinga: werkt goed, selecteren en laten voorlezen. Er is ook een console die je krijgt met rechtsklikken, maar die heb ik niet aan de gang gekregen.
- (2017-03-28) Morné Smit: Works great for me, good app, does what it say's.
- (2017-02-16) Tarun: exactly what i wanted. Highlights the text when reading in window mode where other extensions lack. Perfect! I love it.
- (2016-12-29) Harmony Hardly: it's aweful....it's unnatural reading is too distracting that i can't concentrate on what they're reading, i can't even do what you suggested because the page where i'm supposed to make those changes is distorted & some items unreadable & i'm unable to use properly.
- (2016-12-20) Steph: I LOVE this TTS. It has all the necessary features- such as text highlighting that follows along as it reads. Wonderful job!
- (2016-12-15) Dan J-King: I like it but it just doesn't read through enough words at a time for me (more than three sentences).
- (2016-12-14) عبدالر ﺣﻤﻦ ﺍﺳﻤﺎﻋﻴﻞ: love it
- (2016-08-09) Andrew Hawes: Like other text-to-speech extentions, "Google US English" only works for a couple of sentences. The native speaker is a little robotic, but not bad. When saving your options settings it's hard to see the text next to the button that says your settings are being saved. Also, the voice setting doesn't save, I guess because the native selection is the only one that works. All-in-all the best text-to-speech extension I've found so far.