Listen to any email, webpage, google doc, PDF and kindle book! AI powered smart voice reader, with natural voices.
NaturalReader - Text To Speech, is a chrome extension that converts text online into natural sounding audio. Simply press play and have your Emails, Websites, PDFs, Google Docs and Kindle Books read aloud to you! By using our voice reader, our users enjoy the benefits of saving time, by listening at speeds faster than they can read, and being more productive, as they can listen in times they cannot read such as commuting to work or school, walking the dog, or while making dinner! With an extensive free version, and two paid premium plans there is a price range for every budget. v5.0.7 Updates - New AI plus voices added Main Features: -- AI Powered Smart Reader: Using powerful AI technology we have trained our voice reader to not read aloud interrupting, and unwanted text. Page headers and footers, citations, image captions and urls can all be automatically skipped creating a natural listening experience. -- Customizable Listening Experience: Choose your optimal listening experience by selecting your favorite voice and the listening speed that's best for you. For extra focus, try our immersive reading function which eliminates any distractions found on the page. -- Voices + Languages: 150+ Voices across 20+ Languages with free, premium and plus voice tiers. Paid users can enjoy unlimited use of our top of the line, natural sounding voices. -- NaturalReader Online + App Account: Have access under the same NaturalReader account to our free online text to speech reader, and our free mobile application. -- Advanced Compatibility: Advanced compatibility with any website, Gmail, Outlook, Google Docs, PDFs and Kindle Books. -- Continue listening: Seamlessly save your listening to your mobile phone, so you can continue listening on the go, with the NaturalReader App. -- Download to MP3: Download your file into MP3 audio so you can listen without wifi connection or cellular service. -- User Friendly Features: One click to start reading, highlight word functionality, Immersive reader for greater focus, light and dark mode compatibility.
- (2022-08-07) J Michael Martinez: BEST text to speech program available hands down!!! I've tried multiple but this one blows all others out of the water and the best thing about it is that it is completely FREE! They even have an app to download on Macs and iOS. Do yourself a favor and download this immediately.
- (2022-08-06) Ujjwal Jha: Best extension for reading and listening to pdfs or books or some content in the webpages. It gives a range of speakers to listen to. Listening to the content helps me to better understand the content than reading all of it. A great extension if you want to multitask. Overall it's excellent but, it needs some learning with the some words.
- (2022-08-06) R M: On first use on a PDF document it skipped sentences and a minor issue was that it interpreted the (common) use of initials in a dialogue as an abbreviation i.e. "Alabama" for AL . I had used the slow down speech option so perhaps it couldn't cope with that.
- (2022-08-05) Brandon Lilley: i have adhd its hard to read feels like the words cant stay still but its my ears. This at least give me a way to follow along and eases the burden of reading all my college assignments.
- (2022-08-05) Lal Lawm Thanga: This extensions is very good! I definitely recommend it for the avid light novel readers all around the web.
- (2022-08-05) Prudhvi P: Helps more in reading and writing time .
- (2022-08-04) Tristan: Best speech to text app
- (2022-08-04) Ray Thomas: I use this so often. Love this thing!
- (2022-08-04) Mercy Mshai: I love this plugin, it allowed me to listen to my kindle books while working. This is awesome. All thumbs UP!!!
- (2022-08-03) Brandon Bailie: Love it! I can now listen to articles while I'm at work. Multi-tasking for the win :D
- (2022-08-02) Daniela Rodriguez: ME PIDE SUBIR EL ARCHIVO PARA LEERLO. PERDIDA DE TIEMPO
- (2022-08-01) Nazia Hasin: Best friend when some one you need to read out loud
- (2022-07-31) Samuel S: Great job devs, this plugin is a lifesaver!
- (2022-07-29) Kady Tang: to the people who designed this: you are awesome!
- (2022-07-29) Nicola Cuomo: Useful tools. I'm dyslexic, and most of the time, I'm unable to read many documents correctly, and most of the time, I swap letters while writing. Thanks to NaturalReader, I can read the document in each language I write. I love that I can ask the extension to read a paragraph just by pressing the right click of the mouse. The only thing I would improve is automatically detecting the language and starting with the correct pronunciation. Well done anyway!
- (2022-07-27) jadon scroggins: Super helpful if you study often. Reading off a screen all day can really kill the eyes and this is another level of helpful.
- (2022-07-26) LORAINE HAYDEN: I have aphasia do to traumatic brain injury. It has affected my ability to speak, read and write but I still have my Intellect. Natural reader has allowed me to keep working and it keeps the door open to information that would otherwise be closed do to Inability to read. I can't thank you enough !!!! THANK YOU!!!!!!
- (2022-07-26) Shay Stewart: This is a great tool, I use it often as an author to hear the words out loud and check through my work. My only gripe is when I am changing sections, I have to highlight the first word of the next section to get it to read, then click the beginning of the section again to get it to read through the chapter. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Which means I waste a bit of time between chapters fiddling with it to get it to start the next. Other than that, I find this app extremely helpful as a browser extention. I recommend it to other authors/editors.
- (2022-07-25) James Threet: This is great for following along with my daily reading or reading while in the background while I'm working. The vocals aren't as fluid as some, but it's a very useful tool.
- (2022-07-24) John Fibe: The best of the best!
- (2022-07-24) Alenka Caserman: So much of my work revolves around reading & researching mountains of text and this really helps me get through it.
- (2022-07-22) María José Bravo: I love it, simple to use.
- (2022-07-22) Joel Johnson: Great product for people who find it hard to concentrate on reading long content.
- (2022-07-20) l: This is one of the best and coolest extensions/product I have ever used. It is amazing on the free version, but I think that the paid version is worth it as well (get the annual subscription). Thank you to the people who made this because it has had a tremendously positive impact on my ability to retain information and stay focused while reading.
- (2022-07-20) August Wackerly: I have used it for 3 years now and it has always been amasing
- (2022-07-19) Ernest Adewoyin: For getting a powerful and useful software like this for free, the least I can do is write a positive review. NaturalReader is the best in its features. I can't even start telling everyone how good it is. When bitcoin/ cryptocurrency becomes a thing and I can share a fractional portion of my crypto wealth with people that make my life better, then NaturalReader is my number one. Thanks guys for making an amazing product.
- (2022-07-19) Caroline Richardson: Really great software! Good pricing model too
- (2022-07-18) Ricky Little: I have found this feature most excellent and will be using it often in the future.
- (2022-07-18) Cuzinit7: Works fine. Reliable
- (2022-07-17) Abdulfatah Ahmoda: Good extension, love it. The only reason I wouldn't give 5 stars is because I know they can do better in making the AI read more fluently. Overall good though. I recommend it over anything else
- (2022-07-15) Maria Rocco: Before I found this desktop extension, I thought paying for Speechify was the only way to get an extension that could read the text on the screen to me. For an extension that is free, this is amazing and I love using it!
- (2022-07-15) Alexander Becker: I love it!
- (2022-07-14) Leah Horgan: I love the extension and have the desktop app as well. Hugely helpful probably for all screen reading people, but especially ND people. My only wish is that the desktop app had the ability to highlight the pdf as you read so I didn't have to have to apps open to read at once.
- (2022-07-13) अंकित महर्षि: A Perfect app. You can learn proper pronunciation and also can achieve proper reading skills using this app.
- (2022-07-12) caroline justice: I am dyslexic, and this has been an incredible blessing to me. I'm pursuing my doctorate, and Natural Reader has helped so much! I am so thankful for this, and I could not be furthering my education without Natural Reader!
- (2022-07-12) Raison Varner: Plugin is set default to use a plus voice so that it appears to offer higher quality voice than it actually does. Then you get cut off within 5 minutes, interrupting your first use with a bait and switch prompt to upgrade to a $10/mo subscription. I am familiar with rates on emotive TTS conversion and I can assure you, this monthly charge of $10 is obscene for what it costs to run this utility. Especially if they did not design their own emotive algorithm and trained their own voices. This could be corrected with better presentation to the end user but I very much did not appreciate the manipulative disruption on my first use.
- (2022-07-10) evan 'sa mess: i use it to lisen to porn with my bf
- (2022-07-08) Three Little Birds Art: Better than expected! I have learning disabilities, ADHD, and a history of brain trauma. I benefit most from reading visually along with a narrator to best comprehend reading or for many days when I can't do it visually do to dry eyes or headaches. I can't afford expensive apps or things like Audible so it's a huge benefit if you are reading a book online for fun, school, or even a detailed or fine print research publication, it can help out a great deal, especially for those with disabilities or anyone benefiting from adaptive technology. It's not perfect. It doesn't always sense punctuation or voice influx but you can change the speed and voice even in the free version which helps. It does have issues with its overlay so I usually pause it until I need it and have no issue with it. Nice app! Thank you to its creators for offering a free version to those of us who really need it but can't afford it!
- (2022-07-08) Stephanie Murphy: I am currently in college online and this has helped me so much. I retain more information if I hear it read and follow along. I use the free version. Although the voices aren't as nice as the premium, it still helps me a great deal. I would 110% recommend it.
- (2022-07-07) Leland Brown: I Love This Extension, With "Announcer/Speaker Box" From "Battle For Dream Island" Text To Speech And Its Very Funny And Cool, I Saw JNJ Used The TTS For Announcer, And Its Great, Its Very Awesome And coolest App To Use SO FOR THE BFDI FANS, DOWNLOAD THIS EXTENSION RIGHT NOW TO MAKE ANNOUNCER ALIVE FOR OSC FANS
- (2022-07-05) Leonardo Miceli: I love this extension. It is incredibly helpful to have big blogs read to me. The voices are great.
- (2022-07-05) Akhila Ramesh: I absolutely love this extension. It is incredibly helpful to have big blogs read to me. The voices are great.
- (2022-07-05) Sreelekha Naga: great!
- (2022-07-02) Flavio Barros: Very good app. An amazing alternative to the paid top seller.
- (2022-07-02) l89 strike: Everything is perfect I'm subscribed to plus plan and it worth every penny in my opinion and needs. clear voices wonderful floating interface just perfect! I hope they will reduce the price for the plus plan because it isn't cheap and I'm subscribed also to other services with different purposes
- (2022-07-01) Alexander Watts: It's great and the free version is just as good as other paid versions out there. One comment is that I've upped the WPM for speed but the reader still seems to take long pauses between sentences so it doesn't work out faster than me reading it myself which is my reason for using this software.
- (2022-07-01) Khalil Reed: Great extension, saves me time. Love it
- (2022-06-30) Christopher Hurst: This extension is great. I've been using it for 1-2 years and it's very convenient to read a page of text. It also can process files on their site if that functionality still exists; useful for reading scientific papers that way as well.
- (2022-06-30) Garry Pinto: Great tool, works as intended and I appreciate it a lot.
- (2022-06-30) Steve Dee: I wish it was possible to make the speech faster
- (2022-08-02, v:5.0.7) Rapha'el Ben Yisra'el: Free voices not working
This problem has been reported by other users as well and it doesn't seemed like it's being addressed, but this extension has a problem where it will no longer let you choose from the "free voices options" anymore. For example if I choose "David" or Mark's" voices it will always default to the default female voice. You may be able to to preview the other free voices, but attempting to switch to them does nothing.
- (2022-07-18, v:5.0.7) Monica: Refund
I was not able to make this extension work for what I needed it for and I want to make sure that I am not charged for it. Please confirm that I will not have any incurring charges. Thank you, Monica Ricks - [email protected]
- (2022-06-27, v:5.0.7) Mike Vinitsky: can't download uploaded files
this happens often also especially with big files.
- (2022-06-27, v:5.0.7) Mike Vinitsky: Some uploads are invisible
I upload a file and can't see the text, but it does read. There is light green highlighting that is moves from paragraph to paragraph and you hear the words but can't see the text or pictures. Seems to happen more with larger files.
- (2022-06-26, v:5.0.7) Rakesh gupta: download apps
- (2022-06-20, v:5.0.7) Scott Mauritzen: Adjust reading speed after its installed?
How to re adjust reading speed after its installed?
- (2022-06-09, v:5.0.6) Subiraj: Reader Icon is not visible
The reader icon is not visible after i drag the cursor on the text so everytime i need to right click and select natural reader. And while selecting it Natural reader by right clicking, Highlight if the text that is being read soes not come. Kindly help me!
- (2022-06-01, v:5.0.6) Jared: Customizable pausing between sections
I love this extension. I use it for school, and religiously at that. However, sometimes the pausing between sections can be a little... long. I timed it once, and it lasted 6 seconds. It would be nice if we could customize this pause time / delay. Otherwise, I love this app. Sara is my favorite:)
- (2022-04-21, v:5.0.4) 6447686C49474E686132556761584D675953427361575575: Wikipedia footnotes
include option to omit footnotes on wikipedia articles: In Kentucky v. Dennison (1860), the Supreme Court held that the federal courts may not compel state governors to surrender fugitives through the issue of writs of mandamus.
- (2022-04-21, v:5.0.4) 6447686C49474E686132556761584D675953427361575575: Code Blocks
Include option to skip code blocks
- (2022-04-17, v:5.0.3) Leonni Gant: Extension should stop switching to premium/plus voices automatically.
I use the extension as I have a hard time reading my documents on Google Docs. I discovered it has a bad habit of switching the voices from my free voices to premium voices when I start the reader. It also does this each time it starts a new page. The subscription is too expensive for me. I couldn't find an option to turn this off and the FaQ don't mention the issue. I just want to listen to the free voices in peace. I have uninstalled the extension multiple times to make it stop. I understand that this is probably the price I pay for going with free, but if it is intentional, I might as well find another extension.
- (2022-03-15, v:5.0.3) Ro Sands: Kindle Books
I was using the Natural Reader extension to read my Kindle books online through https://read.amazon.com/ I received an email from Natural Reader that said that reading Kindle books was a new feature that that now have, but when I try to read my Kindle books now the extension will not work. It won't do anything when I click on the play button. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You.
- (2022-03-03, v:5.0.2) Reba: Question and Feedback
Hello. I recently started using natural reader and I have to say.. I love it. It makes studying and going through quizzes much easier. I've never been one for reading so having something that does it for me is very nice. I noticed that the web app version added several plus voices which sound very realistic. I was wondering if those voices are going to be rolled out to the google chrome extension as well. Lastly, one thing I wish for- is the ability for click to read to not only read the highlighted section, but to continue onwards like it does when highlighting and clicking the headphone icon- Rather than stopping at the end of the highlight. At least the option to do that would be nice. Also possibly additional styling options for highlighted text as it reads, outside of Ice, Warm, etc.
- (2022-03-02, v:5.0.2) Ryan Cuthbertson: Please don't add the widget to all PDF files
I only want the floating reader widget to appear after I click the extension in the Chrome toolbar. This is thankfully how it works for all pages but not for PDF files. Please allow me to turn off the appearance of the floating widget in PDF files. Currently, every time I load a PDF file in Chrome, I have to click the power button to make it go away and it's annoying.
- (2022-02-16, v:5.0.1) Elba Roman: Reading Highlighted Text
The app reads other text instead of the text I have highlighted it to read.
- (2022-02-08, v:5.0.1) Subiraj Rathore: NaturalReader extension
Hi Team Pls be informed I'm using OS win 10 and Chrome Version 98.0.4758.81 (Official Build) (64-bit) And there is something wrong with NaturalReader Extension after the update on 19January, as all the voices vanishes for eg Hira(IN) etc except some, and they they be only available after removing and re-intsalling the extesnion again & again. Kindly do something
- (2022-02-07, v:5.0.1) Anna Titcomb: Kindle books
How to I use this program with kindle books?
- (2022-02-03, v:5.0.0) maria vinti: Lingua di lettura
é possibile impostare la lingua di lettura in italiano?
- (2022-02-02, v:5.0.0) Pretend School: Is it free? from new user
This extension seems good, the only thing i'm worried about is if you have to pay for it. Is it completely free or what do I have to pay for?
- (2022-01-25, v:5.0.0) Addison Brown: Page format issue..
When I select text to be read and it reloads the page with the system, it messes up the page layout to where not everything is shown and the toolbar won't even expand the settings. Only when I use it on (connexus.com) school website. This happened with the latest update because I've never had this issue before.
- (2022-01-24, v:5.0.0) Ron Ocher: Grammarly
Hi . . . Will your service work with Grammarly.com. Ron [email protected]
- (2022-01-24, v:5.0.0) matt lein: what i use this for
i use this programe when i make my phone call up stairs because 19 years ago i was hit by a drunk driver so this makes people understand me
- (2022-01-23, v:5.0.0) Steve Richards: New version
Things that got worse with the new version. 1. The size of the extension. Before the size used to fit well. Now it is simply too big. 2. If you set the extension to "when the extension is clicked" then you only had to click and the extension worked. In the new version, the page must first be reloaded so that the extension works. 3. With the old version, you could click somewhere else while the text was being read so that another area was read. With the new version this is no longer possible.
- (2022-01-13, v:4.2.1) Tandy Egg: Can’t access Google Docs
I keep getting an error every time i try to sign in to the Google Drive. It says the App was Blocked, but I have no idea how to change it on the Google Drive side. I don’t know why it’s blocking. How do I connect?
- (2022-01-10, v:4.2.1) Cézanne Alves: Native Microsoft (Windows) voices disappeared from the extension
The voices from windows tts api (David, Mark, Zira) disappeared from the extension. Those were the voices with the fastest delay between sentences, very useful for speed reading. Is this a bug or where they removed on purpose, and if so, why?
- (2021-12-30, v:4.2.1) Tim M: Diasble in Gmail
Hello, is it possible to turn off the service in Gmail? I see the blue headphone icon in messages and I would prefer to turn this off. Thanks for any help
- (2021-12-09, v:4.2.1) Skygamer10: Text Highlight
The first time I used this extension, I was able to activate the highlight. Now, when I use the extension, it no longer highlights the texts.
- (2021-12-08, v:4.2.1) Robert Cook: reading stopping
For the past couple of days the natural reader extension in Google has been having problems reading. It will read something for about 5 to 10 minutes then stop with the "pause" button spinning and won't start up again. Help?
- (2021-10-30, v:4.2.1) thieu hoang: vietnamese female voice
can you add vietnamese female voice? Thanks
- (2021-10-24, v:4.2.0) Karl: Highlighting
Before this extension would highlight a sentence green and highlight the word it was reading blue then when it was done reading that sentence it would stop being highlighted. Now after it is done with a sentence it stays highlighted and I don’t like that. I feel like I need to constantly hit pause and play to get rid of the highlighting so I’m not looking at a wall of green. Maybe some people like this as it does remind you what you have and haven’t read but I don’t. Can there at least be an option to turn this on and off if this isn’t going to be removed. I preferred how it was before. I thought it was a bug at first but when I removed it from chrome and added it again it still acted like this.
- (2021-10-14, v:4.1.3) Rilo the Fox: The Extension taking up Temp Files and RAM
I was making my Text to Speech read a Creepypasta, but suddenly, the page shows an "Aw Snap!" page while using the Extension, it probably took up storage in the Temp Folder, and took up RAM.
- (2021-10-04, v:4.1.3) Bonnie L. Kanner: Natural Reader is not working .
How do I open Natural Reader on my desk top ? One minute it's there and working the next day I can not even find it.
- (2021-09-29, v:4.1.3) Luigi Nervo: Accents
Do you have a list of the English accents included in the extension? For example, what part of US Sharon come from? And Ryan? NaturalReader is very useful to learn different accents and this information would be important.
- (2021-09-25, v:4.1.3) Shigeru Oyama: the price of your "Natural Reader Text to speech" extension on Chrome?
the price of your "Natural Reader Text to speech" extension on Chrome? Where can I find the price list? Shigeru Oyama
- (2021-08-27, v:4.1.2) Dave DeWave: NR not working with Google Docs
NR not working with Google Docs, is there a server outage or something. IT goes out from time to time but this is a pretty long stretch now (since midnight EST).
- (2021-08-15, v:4.1.2) mark o callaghan: Temporary usage before ceasing to work
I'm not sure what would cause this but, when I download it, she works perfectly for a while. After maybe a couple of days, (not sure how long really) it ceases to read out selected text. The symbol still appears when I highlight a section of text on a web page. Clicking on the headphones symbol still shows up the iframe with progess, play/pause, skip etc but it just never starts reading. A quick uninstall reinstall fixes it every time.
- (2021-08-04, v:4.1.2) R. B.R.: Auto-set voice: customize
I only read in english or portuguese. Is there a way to "pre-select" the voices i want for each so they arent picked randomly?
- (2021-08-04, v:4.1.2) R. B.R.: Is there an option to shorten the pause between phrases/ paragraphs?
the stops are too long
- (2021-07-06, v:4.1.1) Cézanne Alves: Wrong shortcut action in v4.1.1
Normally by default Alt+r is set to "Read/Pause", which starts the extension if it it wasn't yet, and begins to read if not reading; If reading already, it pauses right there; If paused it resumes reading right from the place it was paused. This is how it works normally. It's well designed and I like it. However, in version 4.1.1, if "paused", the shortcut will cause the reading to "stop", which causes the reading to start again from the beginning of the text next time the shortcut is pressed.
- (2021-06-25, v:4.0.2) Andrew Dwyer: Not reading all content on page
Hi, I am just wondering if there as been a recent update on this extension? I work with some visually impaired students who were using the extension last year. The main application was in a quiz ( multiple choice) it was reading the quiz and the options fine. This year it reads the question, but when it gets to the possible answers, it just reads "group of choices". I thought it may be because of an update, or do you have any thoughts ? regards Andrew
- (2021-06-12, v:4.0.2) Ralph Rody: Does Not Work At All
This did not work at all for me, not even once. I installed and tried to have it read a paragraph out of a simple web page containing only text, it did not work. I tried to select, and get it to play from a right click, that didn't work either. My volume was up, sound was working perfectly, other extensions I tested from chrome web store had worked just a few minutes before that, I just didn't like the robotic speech they had that wasn't so easy to follow, that's why I wanted to try this one. But whenever I try to have it read some text, the duration of the audio appears in the popup window, along with the other small buttons, and the play/pause button which reacts with an animation when I hit play, but nothing is really playing.
- (2021-06-11, v:4.0.2) Cosmo: Why can't Natural Reader read E books from Google Play?
I assumed it would be able to read anything.
- (2021-05-30, v:4.0.2) Tucker Palmeri: audio issues
After installing a recent Windows update your extension stopped working properly. After removing and reinstalling the extension audio issues developed for me. Now, when I listen to what pages using the extension there is a crackling sound from time to time. This normally happens in between the different sections of sentences that the extension is reading aloud. Is there anything that could be done to fix this issue as it is very annoying and distracting. I use your extension a lot so it has been a very big inconvenience to me. I would appreciate any help you can offer
- (2021-05-09, v:4.0.1) Bilonda Soulutions Spiritutions: How to start?
I want to start chrome extention on my mac Pro. How to do this? It is installed but now I do not see how to continue?!
- (2021-05-05, v:4.0.1) Kirsten Krane: Skips the First Word of Bulleted List
Great - but I'm having trouble when it is reading a Goolge Doc - it skips the first word of every bullet point on the list
- (2021-05-05, v:4.0.1) Subiraj: Previous version was better
I feel the latest version lil. clumsy because 1.It sticks to the webpage it is reading and we cannot move it. 2.No shortcut keys only toggle keys available. 3.Less options in Free voices English 4.Related to windows version, it has only 3 free voices available, also do not take system voice. Also there should be an option of highlighting & annotation in windows version, will be great help for students.
- (2021-04-29, v:4.0.1) Samuel Tekrenius: Natural Reader, Update 4.0.1 (April 30, 2021)
We're now at Version 4.0.1 -- and there is STILL no keyboard shortcut for "reading selected text". A keyboard shortcut for this functionality is essential for people who need to utilize keyboard macros accessibility purposes. The on-screen icon for reading selected text, is NOT ENOUGH. (It's only good for people who have no trouble pointing and seeing.) When are you going to add a keyboard shortcut for reading selected text?
- (2021-04-29, v:4.0.1) Denico Brand: No idea how to use this product
I took out a Natural Reader subscription in February 2020 but I cannot find how to log into it. Its not user friendly at all. I can't even cancel my subscription as I cannot get to my profile page with account and billing information.
- (2021-04-24, v:4.0.0) Nathan Ackerson: Not reading
There appears to have been an update. Natural Reader won't read anything anymore.
- (2021-04-23, v:4.0.0) Natasha Roig: Free Voices not working
After the update on April 20, 2021, the free voices aren't working on this extension. I had to redownload it once already.