A smart text to speech reader that allows you to listen to webpages and Google Docs.
Listen to your webpages and Google Docs with NaturalReader! - Smart text to speech reader for webpages - Ignores annoying ads and menu text - Reads directly from Google Docs, emails, and other webpages - Over 100 voices from 16 different languages - Start anywhere and read to the end or read selected text only - Create audio MP3 files for personal use - Highlight sentences or words (or both!) as it’s reading For more information about paid features, please visit our website to check out NaturalReader Online. https://www.naturalreaders.com/webapp.html *This extension is not supported for mobile use *Add it to Chrome now for free~* (you don't need to sign-up to download the free version!) *Premium Features:* Access to the NaturalReader Chrome extension is included with all paid subscriptions to NaturalReader Online’s Web Premium and Premium Plus plans. For more information about NaturalReader Online, please visit our website: https://www.naturalreaders.com/webapp.html - Users with paid subscriptions to NaturalReader Online can login through the extension to unlock: + Unlimited Premium or Plus Voices + Convert webpage contents directly to mp3 *What is NaturalReader Online?* From Naturalsoft Ltd, NaturalReader Online is a text-to-speech web application with high quality premium voices for personal use. Login from your browser to convert any written text such as Word, PDF files, and non-DRM eBooks into spoken natural sounding speech: https://www.naturalreaders.com/online *** - Premium or Plus access is only available with paid subscriptions to NaturalReader Online. It is not available to purchase by itself. - For more text-to-speech options, visit our website at https://www.naturalreaders.com By installing the extension, you agree to Naturalsoft Ltd’s User Agreement (https://www.naturalreaders.com/exploring.html?index=3&info=polices) *** what's new for 3.0.1: -Added back Read Selection from context menu (no text highlight) -Added back stop/reset button which appears when the pause button is click (edited) *** What’s New 3.0.0 New UI: compressed view, expanded view, more settings, easier navigation - Toggle CC Panel - Toggle highlighting settings: sentence and word, sentence only, word only, or no highlighting - Toggle highlighting colours: light, dark, ice, and warm themes added - Hotkeys: added ‘Speaker’ hotkey to cycle through 2 speaker presets - Read selection: click on icon to read selected text (optional, change in settings), read only selected text or read to the end of the page - Better Google Docs support - Optimize support for online PDFs To get familiar with 3.0.0, visit the help pages here: https://docs.naturalreaders.com/chrome-ext/introduction ************ Version 2.0.0 Updates: Bug Fixes: - Google voices stop after synthesizing for 16 seconds - Highlighting disappears in the middle of the page with certain webpages - Text extraction issue with certain webpages - Page turning blank after reading a while with certain webpages - Can't read .docx files opened in Google Docs's preview mode New features / modifications: - Highlighting exact sentence and word being read - Hotkeys (extension activation, play/pause, stop, forward, and rewind) - How-to guide - Auto-track text toggle moved to the reading text panel. Single click to set it ON/OFF; double click the auto-track text toggle to relocate to the tab and text being read - Dyslexic font toggle moved to the reading text panel - Draggable and clickable progress bar - Reading in Google Drive Preview - Added voices that we don't support text processing for to the "Other" section in the free voice list
- (2020-04-16) Salman Ferdous: This extension is excellent. But when clicking the "next line" it jumps 2 lines forward at a time. Is there any way to make it jump 1 line forward at a time?
- (2020-04-13) Przemko Kozacki: działa w języku angielskim po przełączeniu na polski zacina się po kilku wyrazach i to było by na tyle
- (2020-04-11) GodsChild TruthLover: There's nothing natural about this reader. It swallows sounds and whole words, mispronounces words as a very non-native speaker. To the point of making them unrecognizable. WORST text to speech app ever!!!!!!!!!
- (2020-04-10) Carlos Bustamante: excelent!!
- (2020-04-09) Ephemeral Q.: The pauses between sentences are a joke. Barely any of the voices are "natural" and it's clear that they designed the voices to take a long time to say what you want them to because of those stupidly long pauses between sentences. Any voice I pick will still have this pause and even worse, they all stop suddenly, less than 1/3rd into a page I've selected to be read. It's painfully obvious that the team that made this app is trying to extend your listening beyond 20 minutes, so that you have to give them your money. No thanks. Never using this joke of an app again.
- (2020-04-07) Neghie Pean: I write a short stories which I edit mostly myself. When self-editing, it can be hard to see and find mistakes unless you leave it for a while. Reading it over and over causes a sort of blindness that cannot be helped. Reading out loud doesn't help either especially when knowing what you wrote. Having it read to you though, that changes everything. Did a quick search, found this extension and it has upped my production timeline majorly. Not only are my short stories almost completely error free, it helps me during the editing process to write better constructed sentences and dialogue. Hearing it read back to you makes a world of a difference. Biggest issues are, it doesn't seem to work consistently well. I had to figure out that if I want to read a particular portion, the page has be set at a certain point, or it won't read it. But now that I've figured out the hack, it won't do it no matter what. Just keeps spinning and spinning. I think it's a great tool when it works. Many of the voices sound super natural. Any more natural, I would use them to make audio versions of my books (if it was allowed of course.) Definitely worth a try!
- (2020-04-07) Khosbayar Zolboo: Reading voice doesn’t sound natural at all
- (2020-04-06) Stand Art: It's really nice to use but i wish it had SWEDISH as a choice in the free section of languages to choose from
- (2020-04-06) Wishmi: I havent tried yet, just recently downloaded! I just noticed that when speaker reads it doesnt show up colors, is it because im using free version? Also, I have recommended to my father to use the program and he said he wish that you have language Singhalese (Sri Lankan langauge). It would be so much awesome! You guys are better than Swedish reading program TorTalks!! :)
- (2020-04-05) Trung Vo: I swear your software doesn't work on any of the pages I visit. Reddit. Medium. Nothing.
- (2020-04-03) Live Vids: nice little app and very easy to use. love it
- (2020-04-01) krishna moorthy: my suggestion is reading litter are mark as the yellow marking as simultaneously, all other think are good.
- (2020-04-01) Skip Nolles: totally useless. only for people who can speak english
- (2020-03-25) Omar Faizan: The new update is awesome! great job guys! kudos to the designers!
- (2020-03-24) Michael Ryan: Thank you, this is a great tool! I like to read as fast as possible and having the voice following along increases attention as well as ultimate retention. A few suggestions: 1)I would make the maximum speed of reading at least 10-20% higher than it is. 2)It would be cool if you could double click on a place in the page and have the reader begin from that space. The current skip ahead mechanism works but is burdensome if you want to skip FAR ahead. Thanks again for a great tool.
- (2020-03-23) Oshri almog: I am using text to speech software for almost 20 years and I'm really comfortable to say not a lot was changed in the last 20 years in the field, I even go to links and say that a lot of the features in the old versions that was useful dropped over the years (like text highlights in websites was implemented an Internet Explorer 6 in ReadPlease 2003 with specialized toolbar but none of the software Developers implemented since then), today I'm not a student anymore and some say that I am a man of means and I can afford overpriced software that's give me (like Natural Reader and it is overpriced!!!) what God didn't think I need (the ability to read like everybody else)
- (2020-03-22) Kamil Lark: Great piece of freeware!
- (2020-03-21) Chima Christopher: Beautiful extension
- (2020-03-20) jasem tehrani: new version while reeding stop s saddenly shame on you!!!!!!!
- (2020-03-20) Stacey Shpaner: Just as I was about to unsubscribe and switch to Text-Aid Webspeaker, Natural Reader released a new update. So far I'm liking the new interface.
- (2020-03-19) MEME STUDIOS: THANKS FOR IT BACK
- (2020-03-18) T V: This is a top app for reading text. I have tried others and choose this one.
- (2020-03-18) Anthony Zary: I used to love this extension, but why they would remove the ability to skip ahead one sentence and replace it to skip ahead two is beyond me. For a lot of higher education documents and PDFs, there is a lot of useless information at the end of sentences to skip (author, date of publication, location of publication, etc.) so I can move onto the next sentence and save time. Now, I need to use the "skip ahead two" button and then the "go back one" button if I would like it to move onto the next sentence. It's made using this app such a large hassle. Additionally, the skip ahead and back hotkeys work, but they skip you ahead an entire page! PLEASE return the feature of skipping ahead only one sentence!
- (2020-03-18) Camille Lake: It worked great, until this last update......not it SUCKS. Why?
- (2020-03-17) Rilo the Fox: There are no Voices the Speaker selection
- (2020-05-20, v:3.1.0) Leonni Gant: Extension Glitching out
Hello. So I have a problem with the extension reading things properly. For one, sometimes when I start it, it goes silent before reading the rest of the sentience, skipping a few words. Second, on times I don't have issue no. 1, the reader will cut off and won't do anything if the sentence or the selected area is too long. The only thing I can do is read the words it didn't and skip the part it glitched on, since replaying it won't fix it. I'm using the free voices that come with my computer, so I wanted to know what I should do to fix this.
- (2020-05-18, v:3.1.0) Cathryn Lapedis: Changing playback speed and reading "line numbers"
Hi, I was wondering if you could tell me how to change the playback speed with the chrome extension. Also, in scientific papers it always reads the "line" number which is really distracting (example https://kopernio.com/viewer?doi=10.1111%2Fjgs.16539&token=WzEyMDY0MjIsIjEwLjExMTEvamdzLjE2NTM5Il0.Nf9uHGQwWgB_UsZlPI76nB8k3Sc) Thanks.
- (2020-05-13, v:3.1.0) NoodleboxP: Can you add in Two Play Buttons?
I was wondering can you add two play buttons? One Button is "Play Selection", the other Play Button "Reads from Here".
- (2020-05-13, v:3.1.0) NoodleboxP: It stops reading after reading a couple of sentences in Chrome Browser.
It stops reading after reading a couple of sentences in Chrome Browser despite what you say about Version 2.0 of the fix. Also it doesn't seem to highlight the words in the sentences, it highlight the sentence but not the words.
- (2020-05-11, v:3.1.0) Joseph Brzostowski: Compliments and questions
Dear Developers, The algorithm driving this is sooo close. But there is still a yet a bit of the "uncanny valley" feel to the speakers. I almost expected the British voices to be superior (American ear) but not quite. The algorithms do a good job with comma placement I noticed - pausing the reading with the right the feeling. Many kudos though and I look forward to using it. My question is whether you can teach the algorithm how to pronounce words specific for one's given text? It didn't do such a good job pronouncing the name Janelle (I did not try all the voices).
- (2020-05-08, v:3.1.0) Kris L: Disappearing Text
I'm loving the extension so far, but I noticed when I use it on certain sites (like my school), the text disappears from the page (until its the page is refreshed).
- (2020-05-05, v:3.1.0) Валерий Казаков: обрывается чтение при длинном предложении
Обрывается чтение, если предложение длинное. Приходится вручную переключаться на вкладку и нажимать "пропустить". Например: "Растущее население планеты означает, что спрос на продовольствие и, следовательно, сельскохозяйственное оборудование, скорее всего, будет расти с течением времени и поэтому временный спад в циклической отрасли не только не должен беспокоить долгосрочного инвестора, а наоборот, дает возможность приобрести акции хорошей дивидендной компании по низкой цене." В качестве решения вижу либо увеличить лимит на количество символов в предложении, либо просто убрать ограничение если это возможно.
- (2020-05-01, v:3.1.0) Stephen Marshall: using reader
So far the only use of the reader that I have found requires me to copy into a box on your website. Can I open a web page and instruct the reader to read? If so, how? I have not seen instructions on how to use the reader.
- (2020-04-30, v:3.1.0) shelley jones: Selection of voices
I have your product and would be interested in adding a Southern U.S. voice if you have one, but now that I've purchased the product, I can't find a list of voices or how to add another voice after the initial purchase. Thanks, Shelley
- (2020-04-28, v:3.0.2) Elliot Rose: Cancel monthly billing
I cannot figure out how to cancel my monthly biling for this product
- (2020-04-23, v:3.0.2) Sponer Spok: "English US-Google US English " voice has been disappeared
Hello, why this voice which under free voices has been disappeared for a while now. Its a perfect and clean voice without any distortions in the sound. Thanks.
- (2020-04-21, v:3.0.2) Alonzo Peters M. D.: Cant use what I bought
Just bought . Now no access
- (2020-04-18, v:3.0.2) Arda BAKTIR: Tex Issue
Can you add a feature so that the natural reader doesn't read Tex as an option?
- (2020-04-09, v:3.0.1) John Gaines: Privacy
Under permissions I see: Permissions Read your browsing history Communicate with cooperating websites These are grayed out so I don't really have an option. Is this necessary? Just seem invasive. Regards, John Gaines
- (2020-03-31, v:3.0.1) heiner fries: Deutsche Sprache ?
Kann ich die Deutsche Sprache irgendwo einstellen?
- (2020-03-29, v:3.0.1) Anthony Zary: Skipping one line ahead
Hello! Is there any way, with the new update, to skip one line ahead, instead of two? Access to this feature is something that set Natural Reader apart from other online readers, and I'm having a hard time using this app since the new version was implemented and this feature seemingly disappeared. Is there a way to get this function back?
- (2020-03-26, v:3.0.1) Lama Fuamatu89: Forward setting skips 2 lines instead of one, free Google female voice taken off new update.
Why does the forward function skip two lines instead of one. Can you fix this. I hate it. The old version was much better. Plus, in the free version, what happened to the female google voice. There used to be a female speaker, but it was changed when the new update was made.
- (2020-03-24, v:3.0.1) Amy Lippman: No longer recognizes the text on the page
We used this program with my son's online school. Since the update it no longer reads any of the pages. Can we please download the old version. This is a horrible time to loose access to school. We use Compass Learning for his online program.
- (2020-03-20, v:3.0.1) Sadiqeen Noor: Skip Captions and Change Speed
I would like options to 1- Skip captions reading 2- Changing reading speed
- (2020-03-17, v:3.0.0) despreocupado sorglos: the malfunctioning NEW VERSION
Is it possible to have the older version reinstalled? I simply hate the latest version in that it occasionally breaks down or just DOES NOT function as I wish. I am considering canceling subscription due to the present bad experience. I hope you guys make sure that this new version is an upgrade instead of a downgrade.
- (2020-03-17, v:3.0.0) Samuel Tekrenius: Natural Reader, Update 3.0.0 (March 16, 2020)
This latest update broke a lot of functionality... This plugin is now ALMOST useless for me, so I'm considering cancelling my PLUS-subscription. The new version often fails to read pages, where the previous version always worked -- about 50% of the time, when activating this latest version to read a selection, it will popup a dialog, informing the user that the "Page cannot be read". But trying again multiple times, it will work again. Also, the context entry "Read selected text" is no longer available. It has been replaced by an embedded iframe, which pops up a button inside of the webpage -- but this cannot be automated via a shortcut -- so the ability to "Read selected text" is no longer possible using keyboard only. Also, it is now IMPOSSIBLE to restart reading, without reloading the entire page, because there is only PLAY/PAUSE... The previous "Stop Reading" capability is completely gone.. In summary: for me, this new version is a lot worse than the previous one. Thanks effin' bunch for removing features which worked fine in the last version -- and introducing unstable reading behavior in the latest version.
- (2020-03-06, v:2.1.2) Skylär Astaröt: Need Expansion
I love this extension, I use it to read news and online noticies, but it needs to be expanded to other platforms: - App for Android 10 - Plugin for Acrobat Reader
- (2020-02-13, v:2.1.2) Oun Houy Toch: https://www.natural-reader-text-to-speech.com/
Natural-reader My Name Support
- (2020-02-12, v:2.1.2) J D: Scanned documents?
If I scan and then upload documents, will Natural Reader read it to me? Thank you!
- (2020-01-27, v:2.1.2) Don Jude: Sorry it is not working. It is not forming words on the page... just babble.
The 1st thing I went to read was a Chrome .pdf. Drag and drop the pdf. NR brought up the .pdf perfect but it can't read it understandably. The document looks perfect but it reads it like old school OCR. Though the page looks perfect... the copied portion being currently read is missing characters and is trying pronounce the characters that remain. Thank you... Looks like it has great potential. Very slick.