Read aloud any text with realistic AI voices, compatible with webpages, kindle Ebooks, Google Docs, PDF, Emails, and more.
NaturalReader - Text To Speech, is a chrome extension that converts text online into natural sounding audio. Simply press play and have your Emails, Websites, PDFs, Google Docs and Kindle Books read aloud to you! By using our voice reader, our users enjoy the benefits of saving time, by listening at speeds faster than they can read, and being more productive, as they can listen in times they cannot read such as commuting to work or school, walking the dog, or while making dinner! With an extensive free version, and two paid premium plans there is a price range for every budget. updates: - OpenAI ChatGPT compatible. Main Features: -- AI Powered Smart Reader: Using powerful AI technology we have trained our voice reader to not read aloud interrupting, and unwanted text. Page headers and footers, citations, image captions and urls can all be automatically skipped creating a natural listening experience. -- Customizable Listening Experience: Choose your optimal listening experience by selecting your favorite voice and the listening speed that's best for you. For extra focus, try our immersive reading function which eliminates any distractions found on the page. -- Voices + Languages: 150+ Voices across 20+ Languages with free, premium and plus voice tiers. Paid users can enjoy unlimited use of our top of the line, natural sounding voices. -- NaturalReader Online + App Account: Have access under the same NaturalReader account to our free online text to speech reader, and our free mobile application. -- Advanced Compatibility: Advanced compatibility with any website, Gmail, Outlook, Google Docs, PDFs and Kindle Books. -- Continue listening: Seamlessly save your listening to your mobile phone, so you can continue listening on the go, with the NaturalReader App. -- Download to MP3: Download your file into MP3 audio so you can listen without wifi connection or cellular service. -- User Friendly Features: One click to start reading, highlight word functionality, Immersive reader for greater focus, light and dark mode compatibility. Free version limitations: You can listen with the Free Voices unlimitedly, Premium Voices for 20 minutes per day, and Plus Voices for 5 minutes per day.
- (2023-09-19) Jon Yu: The best, I used this extension a lot of my laptop and also on my phone. I wish the phone had an in-browser ability so I wouldn't have to import the website into the app. Overall its fantastic and I learn more than ever!
- (2023-09-19) Raymichael G: Great read-aloud, but since I am a Britt, a nice Bristish Female Voice will help me to remember. Just my 3cents, I don't like bright azz lights to read a book these days, especially at home so, better voices, better reads, duh.. still same same :)
- (2023-09-18) pokylyte 96: It gets the job done and although it has its bad times the good times outweigh it so overall its a get.
- (2023-09-18) Sergio: Good selection of premium voices for free. Many option like convert to MP3, CC, annotations, find text and many more. Good options for small wallet like me.
- (2023-09-18) Ren Usher: This web version needs to be fixed. I am trying to get things read aloud but it refuses to work on sites most the time. I have to keep resetting the extension or refreshing the page. This is frustrating because I am paying for this and I can't even use it for doing my dmn homework. and the widget keeps snapping to the screen at the top and I can't access anything on top. There is no way to move it so I have to refresh the page. I am not happy.
- (2023-09-18) Gord McKay: The best, most natural AI reader I've found. It gets stuck processing from time to time on mobile, which requires a reset and can you lose you place in the article. The highlighting/bookmarking isn't the best interface. If they'd merge this into Instapaper, you'd have the perfect reading assist vehicle.
- (2023-09-18) Lucy: solid reading program. Love the fact free voices aren't bad. Keep up the good work!
- (2023-09-17) Yassine Benslim: good extension
- (2023-09-17) Abigail Lewis: It makes me read through articles faster when I'm looking for content for my lesson plan.
- (2023-09-15) Fabricio Q: It's being a game changer for increasing my efficiency while studying. I am doing so much more. Thanks for this.
- (2023-09-15) Ryan Fonda: works great!
- (2023-09-15) Amar Taj: I use it daily on desktop Chrome plug-in and iPhone, gives eyes break from screen while running errands and staying informed at the same time.
- (2023-09-13) Vienna Gautrey: I love Natural Reader, it can read most websites and is very easy to use.
- (2023-09-13) Chase Yahn-Krafft: Natural Reader just keeps getting better and better! Extremely helpful for doing a final check on my papers or emails since I tend to skip over words or insert words that aren't there when I'm reading. The voices are very good
- (2023-09-13) Vardine Sargsyan: My best friend in learning and working. Helps to digest information when you cannot focus to read anymore or have things to do in parallel.
- (2023-09-12) Rowan van Rooijen: Very useful & good TTS (for premium voices), definatly worth buying it if you use it a lot!
- (2023-09-12) Federico Viola: A very useful tool. I enjoy using Natural Reader when I am getting tired of reading text myself, but cannot afford to stop. This is a great extension on Google Chrome!
- (2023-09-12) Misael's Hockeystick: honestly its really nice i suck at reading so this got me through several long books and it's totally free. all together the app is great
- (2023-09-11) Juan David López Díaz: Its totally free if you're ok with a robotic voice
- (2023-09-11) VAAZ TV: hiç güzel değil paralı
- (2023-09-09) Antoni Lewandowski: Absolute best "free app" of its kind. AAA+++ HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!
- (2023-09-08) Dreaming of Venus: This application helps me a lot as a college student with ADHD. It can be hard to read textbooks but NaturalReader makes it a lot easier for me.
- (2023-09-07) Tran Minh Tri FX22635: Why is this still free? (or maybe I cannot find it to pay). It's just that good to use, way better than the rest extensions out there. Not a promoter but I'd highly recommend to download. It's very good!
- (2023-09-04) Dimitra Kalli: So handy during exams!
- (2023-09-02) Hafid Mantilla: This is truly an app/software that is "a bicycle of the mind," to reference Steve Jobs. Premium voices were excellent, Plus voices even better.
- (2023-09-02) Yujin Kim: In my opinion, this is the best free tts extension out there. I love the diversity of voices and supported languages as my native language is not one that's usually covered. I mainly use it to read articles and papers. Definitely would not hesitate to recommend. However, it's not without its faults. It's particularly bad at recognizing the ends of sentences and often pauses when there's a period or sentence-termination-indicator of any kind. But, again, I don't think this should deter anyone from using it.
- (2023-09-01) MiX So: Thanks! Thanks!! Thanks!!! NaturalReader is the best extension for voice reading! My kids and I use it for learn English and other language!!! I am happy that I've found NaturalReader! Respect to the creators! NaturalReade - лучшее расширение для прочтения голосом текста! Моя семья использует его для обучения иностранным языкам!!! Мы очень благодарны создателям этого плагина! Можно БЫСТРО - на лету менять скорости проговаривания и голоса, это весьма полезно!
- (2023-09-01) Madison Schmitz: As a college student with ADHD, this extension has saved me so much trouble. From reading too slowly to being able to understand the material, it has helped alleviate some of the issues that make long academic readings so hard to get through and understand.
- (2023-08-31) Jack Zeng: just fantastic! so natrual
- (2023-08-30) YassinAi21: PERFECT
- (2023-08-30) Naomi Martos: I use this extension regularly. I am a college student and dyslexic so having natural reader helps me read at a faster pace. Would love for the pdf reader to be more reliable, otherwise perfect!
- (2023-08-30) Laurie W: I find Natural Reader helpful and use it daily, however, I've found that the following issues prevent it from being great instead of just OK: 1. It regularly freezes and I have to disable and reenable it to get it to function 2. It often pronounces homographs incorrectly, suggesting it isn't using AI/context/NLP to assess the correct pronunciation. 3. It doesn't seem to save settings correctly and I regularly have to readjust these. Thanks NR team for your dedicated work. If you can fix the above I'd happily rate the extension 5* and consider taking a premium subscription.
- (2023-08-30) Sebastien Boelpaep: I like the app, although it is very expensive.The only thing I miss is some smart features. For example AUto language selection based on the selected text. (chatgpt api could do that) , since the tool is also used a lot for studying or understanding information better, the payed users should also have the ability to summarize selected text and read this summary (that would save a lot of time)
- (2023-08-30) Defender2516: I will change my 1 star to a 5 star when this is fixed. This extension is amazing, hands down 1 of the best. However, the primary reason I got this extension was to use it as a voice mod for ChatGPT, which in version 7.0.3 says it works with. Well it was working for weeks for me, and now 2 days ago it suddenly stopped working. The play button is now gone and copying the text to listen doesn't even work for some reason. I have to copy and paste the text to their website to listen now. This makes the user experience terrible. After this fix, I will update my review, but until then, I think people should know this does not work with chatgpt. Also a suggestion for those who are working on this: Have a autoplay feature with chatgpt so when it answers, it autoplays. Then I could have actually conversations with chatgpt without constantly hitting play play play. Edit: this is now fixed so 5 stars.
- (2023-08-28) Kastan Day: The best of the bunch. The new UI updates are fantastic, too. Love this app.
- (2023-08-28) Erin Faye: Love it when it works.
- (2023-08-27) Deanna Solorzano: Great for listening to web articles and pdf's. Sometimes the highlight loses its place if you zoom in/out or change the size of your tab but otherwise is great. The best voices have a 5 min limit for free users but there are many voice options that can be used for longer. Even the free voices are pretty good. You can control speed to which I really appreciate.
- (2023-08-27) Firas Hassine: Seul defaut c'est payant pour la plupart des voix mais j'ai aimé la gratuit assistante google car elle m'aide pour se concentrer mieux.
- (2023-08-26) Jordan Bostick: Best Free Text to Speech extension!
- (2023-08-25) Fungus Pilot: So far I am enjoying it!!
- (2023-08-24) J: 5 minutos gratuitos, depois você tem que pagar pra continuar usando. 5 minutes free, then you have to pay to keep using it.
- (2023-08-23) Steven: This works better than Text Reader by thereadme.com, as your guys' voice models are easier to follow along with, but users need to know that it requires setup at first. On first load before reading out loud, you're taken to a web app to select the voice and given the option to use the web app for copy+paste reading. That would be too much. After that though, users can select, right click, and read. There's also an in-page pop-up for auto-reading, but that's not usually useful because of web element restrictions and how they're coded into the page. I'm using this to help me focus on continuing education credits, but the extention requires quite a bit of text selection. Edit: However, downgraded rating because it requires a subscription to read more than 5 minutes. Time to look for another extension, again.
- (2023-08-22) Brandon: This Product is great! I use the paid version for the A.I. Plus voices. Eric is my favorite. I decided to purchase this product because I get too distracted by the robotic voices used by other programs. I am in Law School and I have a lot of reading. I set up my readings on my phone so I can listen to them during my commute (40 minutes usually). Additionally, it helps when my eyes get fatigued from reading. Further, I have the capability to take notes while listening to my readings during study time without having to look at the text because the reading will play in the background. Another benefit to using this program is I download it on pretty much everything (PC, Android phone, iPhone, iPad, Chrome/Brave Browser Extension. This was a major factor in my decision to use this over other programs as I use nearly all of theses devices. Like any program there are some negatives. Unlike other Programs, these negatives are mainly understandable programming obstacles. - 1st the program cannot access webpage content locked behind a login. This can be frustrating for digital book programs that do not allow you to copy text into other documents, or digital book programs that copy text poorly into other formats. These digital book programs usually try to force you to use their robotic TTS programs that read every single character on the page. + This brings me to another positive about NaturalReader which is it's ability to filter out fluff like subscripts/superscripts, text in parenthesis and supposedly headnotes/footnotes (seems like it could use some work here). If only I could get their algorithm to filter out in-text case citations it would be that much better. - The Camera Scan function, which allows you to take a photo of a page containing text and convert the text to readable text, is very hit and miss as far as I can tell with the iPad (the only device I've used this feature with). If the page is completely flat and straight, it seems to capture every bit of text perfectly. If the page is bulged a little, as you will experience inevitably on one side of the text book depending where you are in the book, the camera scanner will tend to skip text in parts. I have also noticed it will misread letters on occasion (could be a font issue). Therefore, the page you're taking a picture of should be as flat as possible with text that is clearly visible and distinguishable from other text. (I've had similar issues with other camera scanning programs in the past, so I think it is a common problem.) + This program will convert pdf/document scans into text easily and allow you to use a find text function to search the document. (basically replaces Adobe's conversion function, although this program doesn't seem to allow you to copy and paste text from the documents you converted.) + If you like using ChatGPT. This program has an interactive AI powered by ChatGPT. + Everything you read gets saved as a file in the program's library which you can then organize into folders in the library. (Great for separating out readings for my courses) + The paid Plus subscription ($110 per year) gives you 500,000 characters DAILY of the natural-sounding Plus A.I. voices. (This is great compared to other high quality TTS which charge you per batch of characters such as $16 per 1 million characters.) There are more features. I listed the ones most impactful for me. All-in-all I am quite satisfied with NaturalReader, and I would recommend the purchase if you are in a position similar to me where you need to get your reading time in however you can.
- (2023-08-22) Bill Eggers: I'm a 52 year old man that has brain damage from a car crash. This product helps me more than words can describe "adapt" to my challenges by offering me the ability to hear the words rather than cause me frustration by trying to read them in a timely manner! I love my brain and I love feeding it with information that is all around me. NaturalReaders has a product that is so much more amazing and affordable than others I have tried out. YES, I have used many different products out there to help myself "adapt" and move forward with a postive attitude. So thank you fine people at NaturalReaders.com for helping me maintain a smile on my face that had been hiding for quite some time! You are truly a gift from above to me! Thank you very much! Bill
- (2023-08-21) Kunal Awasthi: Really amazing app, whenever I want to read a lengthy article, this extension makes the article like an audio book. but there is still room for improvement as some times its not able to identify the text.
- (2023-08-21) Mahdi Alinejad: It's perfect
- (2023-08-21) Cuauhtemoc Grajeda: Loving this extension so much. The voices sound very good and the app is very efficient.
- (2023-08-21) Day the Goat: Had a struggle trying to get it to read a google doc file for some time, after finally figuring it out, it suddenly throws a 5 minute limitation onto me that I was never told I had to pay.
- (2023-08-20) Mohammad Al-amin: It is very useful app plugin. I like it.
- (2023-08-20) Dana “The808girl” Dorsey: Does what it is supposed to do and is a vital tool I use regularly for my classes.
- (2023-08-31, v:7.0.4) Sebastien Boelpaep: Video of problems loading new speech, extension doesn't respond anymore
Here is a video link where you can see that all the chrome integratin of natural reader are not responding correctly anymore after one or more requests: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FNI-PMes7UiRFa7AIQd0vagfuwovw4cF/view?usp=sharing Can you please fix this, because I can't work this way, the chrome extension is the most used of your applications, i'm a paid customer: [email protected] You will also note that it has some strange behavior (pronounciations) during speech.
- (2023-08-31, v:7.0.4) Sebastien Boelpaep: Problems with speech generation (newlines and dots) are not resulting in a small pause during speech.
I found another bug in chrome extension regarding to the reading behavior. When sentences are not terminated with a dot, it reads the second line as one line without taking a pause. The strange thing is that in the online version of the natural reader it knows that "new line" characters should be interpreted as pauses. The text below also demonstrates that the dots in the text are also not interpreted as a space during speech, which makes it diffucult to follow. For example this text which is multiple choices for an exam question: An oral statement from the auditee B.The results of a test performed by an external IS auditor C.An internally generated computer accounting report D.A confirmation letter received from an outside source
- (2023-08-24, v:7.0.3) Molly Lui: Pause between counting numbers
How do I insert a pause between words or numbers? e.g. countdown from 10 to 0.
- (2023-08-17, v:7.0.3) Maureen R: Permissions
When I went to install this extension it came up that this app can "Read and change all (my) data"?! Did I read that correctly?!!
- (2023-07-08, v:7.0.2) Paul Sandyck: Natural Reader Chrome extension and Android phone?
Will the Natural Reader Chrome extension work on an Android phone? If yes, how to install it?
- (2023-06-21, v:7.0.2) Roei: highlight text
is there an option to highlight the text that currently read because i like to read and listen
- (2023-06-14, v:7.0.1) Maxim Bîrcu: Hotkey for playback speed.
It would be very handy to have a hotkey to adjust the playback speed, something similar to youtube "shift + >".
- (2023-05-25, v:7.0.0) Bambi Banks: Starts reading from where you choose
I noticed that there was not a way for you to set the voice reader to start from a page you choose. It lets me skip to a page I want but will only "back read" from previous pages that were passed. And after that, itsb just frozen. It wont read anything it just sits.
- (2023-05-03, v:7.0.0) Johnny Kamigashima: Detect Language
I really would like Natural reader autodetect most preferred languages when reading, my main language is portuguese-br and I kept a favorite language, but I read a lot of english content too, and I have a pinned voice for that too, but having to manually switch after the read started is not productive, specially on mobile
- (2023-05-03, v:7.0.0) Adam Clinton: Does the pronunciation editor not work when reading web pages?
I tried to change the pronunciation of "Ma'am" (the voice I was using just pronounced it as "m'm"). It worked well on the naturalreaders website, but when I tried to have it read the word "Ma'am" on a web page, the pronunciation was no different.
- (2023-03-27, v:6.0.4) Manolo: Suggestion to make control panel resizable (or option provided to make it smaller)
With weakening eyesight due to aging, I find myself having to zoom in to webpages to make texts appear larger for reading, but by doing so, the control panel becomes enlarged to the extent that it blocks off large portions of texts. It would be very helpful for older users if the control panel - which can be dragged to any part of the webpage - could also be made resizable using the cursor (or an option provided in Settings to be able to do so)
- (2023-03-19, v:6.0.4) Keith Triplett: Extension Issue
Recently the highlight & right click option to read text does not work. I have tried many work arounds but still it isn't working. Please help.
- (2023-03-16, v:6.0.4) Daniel Krammes: Data Security
Does Natural Reader browser extension collect data about what I am reading? For instance, If I am reading a pdf in a browser, is that information it is reading being stored on natural reader's backend servers?
- (2023-03-01, v:6.0.4) Ray: Problem with button sizing on Naturalreaders Chrome extension
I wanted to bring to your attention an issue I encountered while using your Chrome extension. There seems to be a problem with the stylesheet for the text selection popup, causing the button to appear larger than the allotted space. This issue makes it difficult to use the button, and it appears to be a scaling issue. Please see email I sent to ([email protected], [email protected]. ) which includes zoomed in and zoomed out images for reference.
- (2023-02-27, v:6.0.4) Majd Abu Rakty: Chrome extension audio does not work with casting to a wifi speaker
Hello, I put this under suggestion because I am not sure it can be considered a problem. It is a problem for me at the moment but only due to temporary circumstances so I leave the final judgement to you. Here is the issue, I just damaged the speakers of my laptop yesterday and the only alternative I have at the moment is my smart wifi speaker that cannot output sound from the laptop directly. To have a smart speaker output audio from a pc/laptop, one needs to cast the source (an app or a chrome window for example) to the speaker. So far, youtube in chrome and other audio sources inside a browser window all worked seamlessly. However, when I used Natural Reader to read a web page (which I often do while doing other light activities) and cast the audio of the Chrome window to my wifi speaker, it did not work. I believe the issue stems from that the audio is coming from the extension itself rather than the window. So the sound still came from the laptop and as a result I am unable to use Natural Reader at the moment since my laptop speakers are damaged. This is definitely a temporary issue for me until I either fix or replace the laptop or get a bluetooth speaker maybe. However, I still wanted to notify you of the issue in case it can be fixed with some coding and an update on your part. I tried other chrome tts extensions and I luckily managed to find only one extension that worked with casting to a wifi speaker but I still prefer the voices in Natural Reader hence me writing this message. Cheers! Cheers.
- (2023-02-26, v:6.0.4) Kait Blake: latest chrome update effecting extension
since updating chrome, the highlight & right click option to read text does not work the majority of the time - haven't had this issue with regular use of the extension for over a year until now. have tried everything to make it work, but still is not working correctly
- (2023-02-24, v:6.0.4) Empathy Heals: When I open certain PDF files in Chrome a new tab pops up with NarualReader
Whenever I open PDF file in a Chrome tab, another tab automatically opens with https://www.naturalreaders.com/online/. I have no idea why this is happening, but it's very annoying. Can you please make it stop?
- (2023-02-23, v:6.0.4) Carole Bullard: hOW TO CHANGE THE VOICE
I need to change free voice in Google Chrome. I used to have a male voice, but now it's JANE and is horrible. Can you please change it on my account to Davis, which I think is also a free voice. I am semi-blind, so I cannot follow technical instructions. Can you just change the Jane voice on my account to Davis. My email is [email protected].
- (2022-03-15, v:5.0.3) Ro Sands: Kindle Books
I was using the Natural Reader extension to read my Kindle books online through https://read.amazon.com/ I received an email from Natural Reader that said that reading Kindle books was a new feature that that now have, but when I try to read my Kindle books now the extension will not work. It won't do anything when I click on the play button. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You.
- (2022-03-03, v:5.0.2) Reba: Question and Feedback
Hello. I recently started using natural reader and I have to say.. I love it. It makes studying and going through quizzes much easier. I've never been one for reading so having something that does it for me is very nice. I noticed that the web app version added several plus voices which sound very realistic. I was wondering if those voices are going to be rolled out to the google chrome extension as well. Lastly, one thing I wish for- is the ability for click to read to not only read the highlighted section, but to continue onwards like it does when highlighting and clicking the headphone icon- Rather than stopping at the end of the highlight. At least the option to do that would be nice. Also possibly additional styling options for highlighted text as it reads, outside of Ice, Warm, etc.
- (2022-03-02, v:5.0.2) Ryan Cuthbertson: Please don't add the widget to all PDF files
I only want the floating reader widget to appear after I click the extension in the Chrome toolbar. This is thankfully how it works for all pages but not for PDF files. Please allow me to turn off the appearance of the floating widget in PDF files. Currently, every time I load a PDF file in Chrome, I have to click the power button to make it go away and it's annoying.
- (2022-02-16, v:5.0.1) Elba Roman: Reading Highlighted Text
The app reads other text instead of the text I have highlighted it to read.
- (2022-02-08, v:5.0.1) Subiraj Rathore: NaturalReader extension
Hi Team Pls be informed I'm using OS win 10 and Chrome Version 98.0.4758.81 (Official Build) (64-bit) And there is something wrong with NaturalReader Extension after the update on 19January, as all the voices vanishes for eg Hira(IN) etc except some, and they they be only available after removing and re-intsalling the extesnion again & again. Kindly do something
- (2022-02-07, v:5.0.1) Anna Titcomb: Kindle books
How to I use this program with kindle books?
- (2022-02-03, v:5.0.0) maria vinti: Lingua di lettura
é possibile impostare la lingua di lettura in italiano?
- (2022-02-02, v:5.0.0) Pretend School: Is it free? from new user
This extension seems good, the only thing i'm worried about is if you have to pay for it. Is it completely free or what do I have to pay for?
- (2022-01-25, v:5.0.0) Addison Brown: Page format issue..
When I select text to be read and it reloads the page with the system, it messes up the page layout to where not everything is shown and the toolbar won't even expand the settings. Only when I use it on (connexus.com) school website. This happened with the latest update because I've never had this issue before.
- (2022-01-24, v:5.0.0) Ron Ocher: Grammarly
Hi . . . Will your service work with Grammarly.com. Ron [email protected]
- (2022-01-24, v:5.0.0) matt lein: what i use this for
i use this programe when i make my phone call up stairs because 19 years ago i was hit by a drunk driver so this makes people understand me
- (2022-01-23, v:5.0.0) Steve Richards: New version
Things that got worse with the new version. 1. The size of the extension. Before the size used to fit well. Now it is simply too big. 2. If you set the extension to "when the extension is clicked" then you only had to click and the extension worked. In the new version, the page must first be reloaded so that the extension works. 3. With the old version, you could click somewhere else while the text was being read so that another area was read. With the new version this is no longer possible.
- (2022-01-13, v:4.2.1) Tandy Egg: Can’t access Google Docs
I keep getting an error every time i try to sign in to the Google Drive. It says the App was Blocked, but I have no idea how to change it on the Google Drive side. I don’t know why it’s blocking. How do I connect?
- (2022-01-10, v:4.2.1) Cézanne Alves: Native Microsoft (Windows) voices disappeared from the extension
The voices from windows tts api (David, Mark, Zira) disappeared from the extension. Those were the voices with the fastest delay between sentences, very useful for speed reading. Is this a bug or where they removed on purpose, and if so, why?
- (2021-12-30, v:4.2.1) Tim M: Diasble in Gmail
Hello, is it possible to turn off the service in Gmail? I see the blue headphone icon in messages and I would prefer to turn this off. Thanks for any help
- (2021-12-09, v:4.2.1) Skygamer10: Text Highlight
The first time I used this extension, I was able to activate the highlight. Now, when I use the extension, it no longer highlights the texts.
- (2021-12-08, v:4.2.1) Robert Cook: reading stopping
For the past couple of days the natural reader extension in Google has been having problems reading. It will read something for about 5 to 10 minutes then stop with the "pause" button spinning and won't start up again. Help?
- (2021-10-30, v:4.2.1) thieu hoang: vietnamese female voice
can you add vietnamese female voice? Thanks
- (2021-10-24, v:4.2.0) Karl: Highlighting
Before this extension would highlight a sentence green and highlight the word it was reading blue then when it was done reading that sentence it would stop being highlighted. Now after it is done with a sentence it stays highlighted and I don’t like that. I feel like I need to constantly hit pause and play to get rid of the highlighting so I’m not looking at a wall of green. Maybe some people like this as it does remind you what you have and haven’t read but I don’t. Can there at least be an option to turn this on and off if this isn’t going to be removed. I preferred how it was before. I thought it was a bug at first but when I removed it from chrome and added it again it still acted like this.
- (2021-10-14, v:4.1.3) Rilo the Fox: The Extension taking up Temp Files and RAM
I was making my Text to Speech read a Creepypasta, but suddenly, the page shows an "Aw Snap!" page while using the Extension, it probably took up storage in the Temp Folder, and took up RAM.
- (2021-10-04, v:4.1.3) Bonnie L. Kanner: Natural Reader is not working .
How do I open Natural Reader on my desk top ? One minute it's there and working the next day I can not even find it.
- (2021-09-29, v:4.1.3) Luigi Nervo: Accents
Do you have a list of the English accents included in the extension? For example, what part of US Sharon come from? And Ryan? NaturalReader is very useful to learn different accents and this information would be important.
- (2021-09-25, v:4.1.3) Shigeru Oyama: the price of your "Natural Reader Text to speech" extension on Chrome?
the price of your "Natural Reader Text to speech" extension on Chrome? Where can I find the price list? Shigeru Oyama
- (2021-08-27, v:4.1.2) Dave DeWave: NR not working with Google Docs
NR not working with Google Docs, is there a server outage or something. IT goes out from time to time but this is a pretty long stretch now (since midnight EST).
- (2021-08-15, v:4.1.2) mark o callaghan: Temporary usage before ceasing to work
I'm not sure what would cause this but, when I download it, she works perfectly for a while. After maybe a couple of days, (not sure how long really) it ceases to read out selected text. The symbol still appears when I highlight a section of text on a web page. Clicking on the headphones symbol still shows up the iframe with progess, play/pause, skip etc but it just never starts reading. A quick uninstall reinstall fixes it every time.
- (2021-08-04, v:4.1.2) R. B.R.: Auto-set voice: customize
I only read in english or portuguese. Is there a way to "pre-select" the voices i want for each so they arent picked randomly?
- (2021-08-04, v:4.1.2) R. B.R.: Is there an option to shorten the pause between phrases/ paragraphs?
the stops are too long
- (2021-07-06, v:4.1.1) Cézanne Alves: Wrong shortcut action in v4.1.1
Normally by default Alt+r is set to "Read/Pause", which starts the extension if it it wasn't yet, and begins to read if not reading; If reading already, it pauses right there; If paused it resumes reading right from the place it was paused. This is how it works normally. It's well designed and I like it. However, in version 4.1.1, if "paused", the shortcut will cause the reading to "stop", which causes the reading to start again from the beginning of the text next time the shortcut is pressed.
- (2021-06-25, v:4.0.2) Andrew Dwyer: Not reading all content on page
Hi, I am just wondering if there as been a recent update on this extension? I work with some visually impaired students who were using the extension last year. The main application was in a quiz ( multiple choice) it was reading the quiz and the options fine. This year it reads the question, but when it gets to the possible answers, it just reads "group of choices". I thought it may be because of an update, or do you have any thoughts ? regards Andrew
- (2021-06-12, v:4.0.2) Ralph Rody: Does Not Work At All
This did not work at all for me, not even once. I installed and tried to have it read a paragraph out of a simple web page containing only text, it did not work. I tried to select, and get it to play from a right click, that didn't work either. My volume was up, sound was working perfectly, other extensions I tested from chrome web store had worked just a few minutes before that, I just didn't like the robotic speech they had that wasn't so easy to follow, that's why I wanted to try this one. But whenever I try to have it read some text, the duration of the audio appears in the popup window, along with the other small buttons, and the play/pause button which reacts with an animation when I hit play, but nothing is really playing.
- (2021-06-11, v:4.0.2) Cosmo: Why can't Natural Reader read E books from Google Play?
I assumed it would be able to read anything.
- (2021-05-30, v:4.0.2) Tucker Palmeri: audio issues
After installing a recent Windows update your extension stopped working properly. After removing and reinstalling the extension audio issues developed for me. Now, when I listen to what pages using the extension there is a crackling sound from time to time. This normally happens in between the different sections of sentences that the extension is reading aloud. Is there anything that could be done to fix this issue as it is very annoying and distracting. I use your extension a lot so it has been a very big inconvenience to me. I would appreciate any help you can offer