A completely free extension to read highlighted text via Text To Speech.
This is a very easy to use Text To Speech extension. Simply highlight any section of text on your page, then click the extension icon on your Chrome toolbar and it will be read back to you. The extension is entirely free, and always will be. Any and all feedback/suggestions are welcome, as I plan on continuing to update it as needed.
- (2022-10-01) Linsey Rodriguez: This only reads 28 words at a time, no matter how much text you select. I constantly had to reselect new text to read. You can change the pitch and speed, but it's not worth it.
- (2022-04-05) LabRatZ: No matter what text I select, It just doesn't work. No action is happening after pressing the button.
- (2022-03-14) Kristen Costello: You have to highlight the text on a page in order to hear it and it only reads like two lines at a time - even if you highlighted a whole article. Not good for low vision accessibility, but if you like highlighting text it's fine.
- (2022-01-13) bstd_3v: Reads about 3 sentences and then stops....
- (2021-08-10) Porscha Zielinski: It would randomly stop reading so you have to press play again and then it would play some more before completely stopping for no reason - really upsetting
- (2021-02-20) CM Lin: How to use: select the line you want it to read, and click the "page reader" icon.
- (2020-10-19) Justin Neugebauer: the voice was okay but it wouldn't read more then 300 characters and ended up repeating itself and i cant stop it i uninstalled it it went away and as soon as i reinstalled it it repeated it simultaneously. so now im sorry but im not going to reinstall this tell you fix the crud bugs.
- (2019-11-27) Naresh Babu Kalakada: like it but please provide a visible stop button to stop the voice.
- (2019-09-20) Malvina Sherman: Nice for when I'm lazy :P It sounds terrifying on my friend's computer though
- (2019-09-01) Molly: works exactly like it says on the tin. voice is very easy to understand, if a tiny bit grating after a while.
- (2018-03-25) Joel Afamefune: voice is okay, clearer than most. like how you can click away to end the speaker. pretty good ext.
- (2018-02-07) Dimoni Foxi: As long as it works, and I don't have to read, I'm fine with a robot like voice.
- (2018-02-04) Alex Qxi: would be great if it continued reading in the background after I open a new tab to google something. apart from that, it's awesome.
- (2017-11-28) Sunny Kwan: PLEASE change the voice of the reader. Scared the hell outta me once I tried it. Everything else was ok.
- (2017-10-21) Ben Alder: Apart from the fact it doesn't read my page it worked great!
- (2017-10-09) Anton Tryputen: I need shortcut for read, cause start it from right top corner is too slow
- (2017-09-20) Tiago Braga: The idea is fine, but the main problem is not being able to change tabs or even open the browser settings without stopping the audio. Also, could have an easy voice speed setting.
- (2017-06-18) Aasterinian Rosewave: very mechanical voice but decent if your wanting it to read pages while you work on other projects around the computer
- (2017-04-26) Noah Schneider: Please, for the love of god, change the voice that reads everything.
- (2022-09-11, v:1.0) Rakha M. Hafidz Satriadi (Kaka): FAKE APP
App Don't work properly, I highlight the text it says "uNdEfInEd" It cant even read websites properly. 1 stars.
- (2020-08-08, v:1.0) Akash A: How to stop it?
How do I stop in the middle of a read?
- (2018-06-04, v:0.1) talk and text extensions
extensions refuse to load on google chrome How to fix this?...
- (2018-06-04, v:0.1) chrome extensions talk to text
extensions refuse to load on google chrome
- (2017-05-20, v:0.1) should read PDF
If we open PDF in chrome so PR should read them. Add this feature too.
- (2017-05-20, v:0.1) local weboage not readable
PR can not read webpage which is store in my PC.Means if page is stored in PC folder or local hard drive then it con't by PR. In whatever(local or online) page the frame tag is in it can not read the PR.
- (2017-05-02, v:0.1) Radhika Talekar: some pages not readable
I guess there's an issue with page reader because it hasn't been able to read a few pages or paragraphs in select pages. I would like to know why this happened and if there are any restrain on page reader to read select pages.
- (2017-05-02, v:0.1) Radhika Talekar: Voice Options
Please provide more voice options and maybe accents so that certain words can be read in their original pronunciation.