A full featured RSS reader that's fully contained within the browser.
A full featured RSS reader that's fully contained within the browser. Joshua Deltener has release Slick RSS and last update are in 2012. I took the source code from GitHub to update it. From original extension : I was tired of seeing extensions use other websites to do their work. I wanted an RSS reader that was fully contained within Chrome and this is the result. Translation is made in English and French. If you want to help in translation into other language, go to github please. New options are present and bookmarks are removed. Now I will see to complete the update to make extension work with V3 manifest. Data storage is compatible but data management (search for updates, communication of data between update service and pages) must be completely rewrited because background task can fetch internet page but can no longer do DOM manipulation. List of changes V3.004: - Google found that sha256.js have obfuscated code because some value are in hex. I change it to decimal and remove unused functions and codes. List of changes V3.2.1: - Fix issue with alarm/autorefresh. Initialy work in dev but doen't work released - Add action to open all unread in new tabs in one click. Work with option "open link in background" List of changes V3.002: - Fix autorefresh issue - Fix load RSS feeds when date is empty - Fix issues in import data - Play sound notification with option to enable this notification - Update jquery to version 3.6.0 - Prepare to update to manifest V3 : - Change to use localforage library with indexedDB - Migrate data from localstorage to indexedDB - Add information in option to show space used and remaining space Additionnal info : _ You must upgrade to version 3.002 or up before first release (this version has not yet been released and will be released before the end of the year) with manifest V3 to migrate data from localstorage to indexedDB otherwise you will lose your data and settings. List of changes V3.001: - Add group - Add section "All feeds" - In "condensed" mode add action to revert "unread" state - Fix some issues in rss and atom to read format - Add option to show thumbnail - Add translation - Change icon color on mouse over - Fix issue with default option - Impove compute of "total unread" - Mark feed read works with group - Remove bookmark - Permissions reduced Original features V3.000: - Supports both RSS and Atom feeds - Discovers both RSS and Atom feeds within pages (with finder installed) - You can manage feeds manually or use a bookmark folder - If you manage manually you can set a sort order and max items per feed - Imports/Exports OPML files into the manager, or your bookmark folder - Supports read later functionality (favorites) - Supports custom date formats - Can display read items as gray or title only - Supports 1 to 4 columns. - Supports blocking of objects, images and iframes in feeds - Feed links always open in a new tab - Slick, simple interface
- (2021-08-15) jec: best one out of the 7 or so that i've tried. it's free, it doesn't ask you to make an account somewhere, you can change the update interval, and it has about 10+ other options that would make reading your feeds easier. hopefully this stays free and supported by the dev...
- (2021-07-31) jiří Klejna: dobré, intuitivní jednoduché ovládání
- (2021-04-17) Антон Березовский: Периодически перестаёт работать и приходится мудрить, чтобы восстановить работоспособность.
- (2021-03-24) Enrico Carraro: Can't import RSS from bookmarks
- (2021-01-27) Nick: I installed it a couple years back and it managed to update the rss feed in the background, now it won't Is there an option I have to mess with?
- (2021-01-02) Gpz Jbz: loved this extension.... i like to suggest if you could, please make an option for reading in dark mode... tq
- (2020-12-28) Ashwin Babu: Any chance of adding an alert when a feed updates? Would be very helpful.
- (2020-08-31) Henry O'Mad: All works fine, thanks
- (2020-07-21) Jakab Gipsz: The only feature I'm missing is font size. Currently it's too small, and zooming in the page messes up the layout. (Vivaldi browser) Otherwise it's a great tool.
- (2021-08-22, v:3.2.1) Hilde Huber: OPML Import
Seems after pasting content of export.opml nothing happens. No error, no confirmation, nothing???just wait? How long? Regards
- (2020-12-06, v:3.001) Steven Alexander: import of feeds from [Slick RSS (not by users)], or use of existing feeds without import
In switching from [Slick RSS (not by users)] to [Slick RSS by users], I would like not to have to re-enter all the items I used with the former.