Protect any snippet of data for quick sharing and safe archiving.
Protect the data in your email, your contacts, and more with Quick Encrypt. This extension will save a common password and allow you to quickly encrypt and decrypt the contents. To use the extension follow these easy steps. - Enter you password in the Key field. (Only once. The computer will remember your password.) - Enter the message to be encrypted (a bank account number, a very personal message, etc.) in the Phrase field. - Click Encrypt to create a safe and copyable code. - Click Undo if you made a mistake. - Save, Forward, or whatever. Use Quick Encypt to pass a note to a friend, forward a password to a friend, or store a social security number in an archived email message. An example email may look the following. ------------------------ Hey P.J., Attached is my alarm code. The password is your dog’s name. Thanks for watching the house while I am gone. <QuickEncrypt date="20101208"> 5a6e21f39f3c8e7c94d9d6e529080f63112 340a89ae41f0b27eefcf4ffb5fe61110d4d 7585155774c39dee9c84acc73c427b108eb c1b8d406cc8078761b678b6d7492077f0b5 478c808cf42bb23295a1c964143e6407490 f16e747ee4fbe02306a711acbd1e5a75270 55e59efb95d6cd4fcad8c45bace48fc3c9b 8effabd407e80ab32255a5c0f31e5bfebb1 60586e8e4aecb5cc9784dbbfa9b8264645a 931724d3862eab94e75f3 </QuickEncrypt> p.s. I still think you are a geek for naming your dog 'password'. ------------------------ The extension will also encrypt (or decrypt) selected HTML. Simply select the text you would like to protect on a web page, right click, click ”Quick Encrypt…”. A new window with your encrypted data will appear. Fixes and Enhancements ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- July 1 Version 0.8 - Updated the Manifest for Version 2 - Removed the SWF Link and replaced it with an embedded asset. Therefore the Source View is disabled - Source can be viewed at http://steele-us.s3.amazonaws.com/quickEncrypt/0.7/srcview/index.html - Fixed bug on password requiring 4 characters - Some people have asked about the encryption. It is based off of Hurlant's AS3Crypto. - View the Hurlant Demo for more info http://crypto.hurlant.com/demo/ Feb 16 Version 0.7.4 - The "right click - view source" option does not work. For source code goto http://steele-us.s3.amazonaws.com/quickEncrypt/0.7/srcview/index.html Feb 16 Version 0.7 - Source code view now included. Right click window to see. Dec 13 Version 0.6 - Fixed issue with automatic decryption from HTML selection. If passwords did not match the main text box was blank - Add status messages to the main window.
- (2017-11-19) John Ridley: Requires Flash, is therefore entirely useless. Nobody should be running flash after 2015.
- (2017-03-29) Steve Edwards - Sitivi: A great and sadly unique tool. Too bad it only works with Flash activated.
- (2016-10-14) Sharr P: I could be using it incorrectly but it would be helpful to have step by step instructions. I tried sending myself an "encrypted email" to another email address and I'm not sure what the reciever is supposed to do when they get it. It doesn't turn into a hyperlink for them to click so how do they access the message?
- (2016-07-28) Rodneylito Martinez: Feeling Safe
- (2014-11-08) Cristina Anghel: I get Error #2032 when i try to use it. How can i make it work? Reinstaled flash now just a blank window appear. There is NO SUPPORT for this app. It would be such a great app if it would actually work.
- (2014-07-28) Kevin Wong: not working for my crome
- (2014-07-17) Albert Umerov: Не работает с русским текстом
- (2014-05-17) Eugenio Fermoso: A Must have post NSA, CIA leaker contractor - Edward Snowden.
- (2014-05-14) Arthur Do: love it! but not working anymore on chrome 34.0.1847.131. just shows a blank canvas when you click on the extension. anyone found a work around? thanks
- (2014-01-28) Joseph Charles: PERFECT who ever made this app did it correct the first time...sweet and simply JUST HOW I LIKE IT ****MUAH
- (2013-09-28) Jack Z: Both parties must have this extension installed in Chrome for the communication to work. Might as well use any of the myriad of encryption tools out there that don't depend on the browser or extension.
- (2013-06-26) Craig Bowers: @Jayden Aung the source code indicates it's using "Simple-Blowfish" from the Adobe Flex suite. So my guess is 256 bit Blowfish. The suite seems to offer AES if the author had wanted to use it.
- (2013-03-09) R. L.: Does not work, text fields of password and message are not editable.
- (2012-11-21) TriageN Bougon: Excellent. Reliable. Stable. Very easy to use. Needs a "Paste" button in addition to the "Copy" button. Bug: Not "4" but "5" minimum characters for the key,
- (2011-12-11) Jayden Kyaw Htet Aung: It works great. Would be great to know what kind of cryptographic algorithm is used for encryption. (for eg. AES 256)
- (2011-11-16) Gerben van Workum: Hi P.J. Will there be an Android app as well? Thanks!