Replaces Tumblr's video player (that lacks volume control) with a player with a volume bar.
Find the source code at https://github.com/jtank4/Better-Tumblr-Video Replaces Tumblr's video player (that lacks volume control) with the Plyr (https://plyr.io/) video player (with volume control) or Chrome's video player (user's choice). Select your video player by left clicking on the Better-Tumblr-Video icon in the top right corner of Chrome. Caveats: Doesn't work on all pages. Some pages of tumblr, like the search page and certain user pages (depends on theme), are completely ensconced in an iframe, which prevents the extension from seeing any videos on the page. Needs permissions: Storage - to store your preferred default video volume. Change log: https://github.com/jtank4/Better-Tumblr-Video/commits/master
- (2020-01-21) The Shitlord Symposium: Currently, the extension does not offer an option to download videos, but! The addition of an actual volume button is already so great! Hopefully you can update it (although, I won't blame you for not doing that, the sites has gone through some troubles) Even if I can only use 50% of this extension, it's amazing for what it can still do! I recommend this just to get a better player for Tumblr videos
- (2019-08-21) Zachary Williams: the only reason i wanted this is to download the video, doesnt do that
- (2018-09-20) xyrhoz: Works great! thank you fix bug so fast!
- (2018-07-04) 김형민: It is very nice, but after the volume control update that was done today, there is no longer an option to download the video. I am waiting for bettertumblrvideo to add this feature again!
- (2018-06-26) sylvain bahcmoa: Good extension but you should add a button to activate it or not 😊
- (2018-06-16) JaKara Singleton: No longer has volume control...which is it's primary purpose. But you can still download videos, so it's not all bad.
- (2018-06-06) Ray Perth: It works perfectly on most pages I visited and I love it, thanks.
- (2018-05-19) Wesley M: For some reason this application doesn't work on the "Likes" page on Tumblr.
- (2017-11-23) 陈凯: it removes previews on the progress bars, which is very helpful.
- (2017-09-22) Skander Helali: Unfortunately, it removes the image previews! :/
- (2017-09-10) M mattmadmatt: omg i have been looking for something like this ever since tumblr change their video player,now i have volume control again praise the lord
- (2017-08-04) Joseph Dailey: I'm so happy that I don't have to be afraid of unmuting Tumblr videos anymore.
- (2017-08-04) Alex Silcocks: It's okay
- (2017-08-04) Antonio Doyle: I don't have to be afraid of wearing headphones on Tumblr anymore. Very convenient to use the already good HTML5 video player
- (2018-09-24, v:0.108) 김형민: HTML5 version
Can you make another extension that converts the video player to the default html5 video player? I prefer html5 video player instead of this, although it lacks the volume button.
- (2018-09-12, v:0.106) xyrhoz: volume control disappear
volume control disappear when videos autoplay, must click play button before autoplay to keep volume control.
- (2018-07-14, v:0.105) download option
hopefull you can find a way to add it again :(