Browse online. Buy from the boutique next door.
Sook is a shopping assistant for Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Edge that lets you easily browse & buy from amazing small businesses in your community. You can either: 1) Open Sook in your navigation at any time to begin shopping for the best local apparel & home decor; or 2) Shop on larger retailers -- and if Sook pops up an alert -- you can click it to see similar products to the ones you're shopping for that are available in your community! IMPORTANT: Sook asks you to set up a profile so you can save products you like and return to them. We do not track or sell your data. Cities Where Sook Currently Has A Robust Small-Business Marketplace Include... Albuquerque Anchorage Atlanta Austin Baltimore Billings Birmingham Boise Boston Bridgeport Burlington Calgary Charleston, South Carolina Charleston, West Virginia Charlotte Cheyenne Chicago Cleveland Columbus Dallas Denver Des Moines Detroit Durham Edmonton Fargo Halifax Honolulu Houston Indianapolis Jackson Jacksonville Kansas City Las Vegas Little Rock London, UK Los Angeles Louisville Manchester, New Hampshire Memphis Miami Milwaukee Minneapolis Montclair Montreal Nashville New Orleans New York City Oakland Oklahoma City Omaha Ottawa Philadelphia Phoenix Pittsburgh Portland, Maine Portland, Oregon Providence Sacramento Salt Lake City San Antonio San Diego San Francisco San Jose Seattle Sioux Falls St. Louis Toronto Vancouver Washington, DC Wichita Wilmington Winnipeg Virginia Beach
- (2021-03-22) mark cohen: Hi! I'm sure you're already aware that we need a way to manually set our location on devices without gps or using a vpn. The IP 'guess' for my desktop is off by ~4.5 miles. My son's vpn is about 70. Like the idea. Hope this works out, and you can expand it to other types of retailers and services. TIL: Apparently, there are people stupid enough to shell out $337 for a plain white tee shirt.
- (2021-03-18) David Ryan: Great way to shop local! Love this!
- (2021-02-22) Gin Lover: Reminds me of Pinterest - not sure why they haven't made this comparison.
- (2021-02-22) Jane Halliday: Can't edit account or change password. Can't delete it. Why is this an extension? Makes no sense.
- (2021-02-20) No Amazon April: So cool. This is the closest online experience I've had to store hopping in my city's trendier neighborhoods.
- (2021-01-18) Amber Tran: Doesn't work :(
- (2020-12-25) Josh Greenblatt: Love it. Super easy way to shop locally.
- (2020-12-23) Ben Jacques: Actually this is a really easy and helpful way to shop small businesses. Good stuff.
- (2020-12-23) Akili Sylvester: Great app! It helps local business get visibility and helps me buy cool stuff that I'd normally would have missed. Definitely would recommend.
- (2020-12-21) Richard Hunslet: This app doesn't work. Nothing shows up, making it useless.
- (2020-12-10) Eddy Torres: This extension has immense potential to help small local businesses. It's clearly still a work in progress, but I hope more and more people choose to install it and contribute to it so that it becomes convenient and useful for larger swaths of people in more places.
- (2020-12-01) Daniel Mautz: 1. Search defaults to 3 miles, so nothing shows up until I change distance. 2. Search window is so small that it isn't useful to browse and isn't re-sizable. 3. Search window shows scroll bars, but they don't work, I have to be very careful to click the small area between products and then use the space-bar to scroll. I agree with an earlier comment that a companion website would be a better way to browse products. I understand there are features that can only be accomplished through an extension, but forcing all search into a less-than-ideal user interface is just making users exit the app when they want to shop.
- (2020-09-14) Matt Dorion: The best! Genius! Makes my life so much easier!
- (2020-09-09) Christian Thomason: Glad to have access to local biz! I enjoy supporting local small biz rather than Amazon!
- (2020-09-02) Emma McKay: Brilliant idea, I wish more local businesses would get on board!
- (2020-09-02) chris zacchia: Great tool to shop local and support your community merchants! Helped me discover new awesome things close to home :)
- (2020-09-02) Ben Gelfand: This is such a great tool! Handy way to find deals on all my favorite shopping sites :)
- (2020-09-02) Daniel Smith: Love it!
- (2020-09-01) Sober Life: Bought some face masks from a boutique 3 miles away from me. Was going to use Amazon, but this turned out to be just as easy. Good stuff!
- (2020-09-01) Frances O.: I haven't seen small businesses this excited for anything in a long time.
- (2020-08-29) Kelly Brophy: Where has this been all my life?! This is an incredible way to bring local small businesses to one place! Download Sook now. You won't be disappointed.
- (2020-08-28) chris peloquin: I am really excited to be able to have this option when I'm shopping. I'm telling everyone I know about it!
- (2020-08-27) Radu Sragar: What a great tool to find deals and help out local shops. I only wish more store owners in my area would signup...
- (2020-08-27) Jihane E: I was able to save while supporting local shops/businesses. Overall a win-win situation, I highly recommend it!
- (2020-08-26) Yury Bushev: Sook is extremely helpful at finding the best deals. I have used it time and time again to automatically search for local shops and offers or give suggestions on lower priced items being available at the next door.
- (2020-08-26) Chris Aung-Thwin: At the start of the pandemic I really wanted to support local business and not just order from the big online companies... but I found it hard finding everything that I was looking for. I'm really happy that this has come out so that I can keep more of my purchases local. Hopefully, I'll be able to start using it for more and more of my shopping.
- (2020-08-25) Ariel Levesque: Genius! Can't wait till more stores are added all over.
- (2020-08-24) Victoria S: Not a convenient way to actually shop the small business's store. Would work better as a website. This extension is just a tiny shopping window with no active functionality other than adding things to the app's cart. Also, there's no links directly to the store I'm viewing. Isn't the point to promote the small business?
- (2020-08-20) Joshua Nussbaum: This made it a lot easier to find products I can buy right in my local neighborhood. Love it.
- (2020-08-19) Jonathan Sandals: This is the best thing to happen to small business in 20 years.
- (2021-01-26, v:1.8) Saturday Sazaran: Ditto-ing for a manually entered location
I can't get the automatic one to work at all. The extension doesn't even ask for my location, like so many websites do.
- (2021-01-07, v:1.7) Mary Catherine Večko: Location Setting
Hello, is there a way to set the location manually? 25 miles is not far enough away to include the nearest city :) Thanks!
- (2021-01-05, v:1.7) Hamza Azeem: AI to watch my habits?
Hi! I noticed that this extension is capable of "knowing" what I'm shopping for. I understand it needs to know things about me, but I just wanted to make sure it doesn't collect more than it needs! Does your app scan the page for all products and use AI to find matches? Or is it simpler than that? Do you store this information anywhere? I'm not saying I won't use it if you do the above, I just want to have some awareness of what I'm getting myself into :) Would still be a happy user! Thank you, and hope you understand my concerns.
- (2021-01-05, v:1.7) Channing Marshall: Which cities are available?
Is there a list of cities that Sook is currently available in?
- (2020-12-31, v:1.6) Lila Nawar: Location Services.
When you open the Extension, the instructions for Mac are incorrect. The following needs to be added. It should read System Preferences > Security and Privacy >unlock > place a checkmark beside Chrome.
- (2020-12-13, v:1.6) Samuel C: Firefox!
I, too, would like if this expanded to Firefox!
- (2020-11-28, v:1.6) Karen Isaacson: Need Sook for Firefox, too
Primarily Firefox user; need a version for Firefox. Cool idea, don't cut us off!