Increase contrast in Google Maps
PLEASE SKIM THROUGH THIS TEXT FIRST: ** Right-click (Mac: control-click) the Earth/Satellite button to toggle! ** This extension increases the contrast on Google Maps so it's easier to see buildings and roads. It works for both traditional Google Maps at maps.google.com and the new one at www.google.com/maps. Toggling to Earth/Satellite mode turns off the extra contrast. By right clicking the Earth/Satellite button you can toggle the extra contrast independently. The extra contrast is implemented using a CSS -webkit-filter and is determined experimentally. There probably exists better filter than this one, and the filter will be improved in the future. Please feel free to send suggestions. Bugs: * Entering or leaving street view does not automatically toggle the contrast, yet. * Labels become a bit blocky. * The extension asks for permission to *all pages* because I didn't have time to enumerate all top-level domains for Google Maps such as www.google.de/maps and www.google.co.jp/maps (there are lots).
- (2020-03-20) David McGowen: Behaves well with a map but the satellite image now looks like a photo taken at night. Doesn't make a scrap of difference in My Maps where I usually work so unfortunately it's not very useful to me.
- (2019-09-12) Zykeyload Lawliet: Realmente una opcion muy util para visualizar mejor los mapas.. lamentablemente el contraste se aplica a todo haciendo que al usar "street view" las calles se ven todas oscuras
- (2019-08-14) James Bird: Didn't seem to make much difference to me, text is bolder but minor roads are still difficult to see.
- (2019-04-30) Chad Johnson: Does not work at this time.
- (2019-04-26) ray ham: The toggle does not work. To turn off you need to switch off extension, then refresh any open map to get it to restore. When on it makes map view better contrast - good for screen shots. But it also makes sat view way way too dark. To see effect open map first before turning on the extension. Please improve this app. It needs the toggle to work on the extension icon rather than the map/sat view icon.
- (2019-04-21) James Greig: I can't get it to work
- (2019-04-07) Adam Metzberg: It's not working. I followed "toggle" instruction and there's no difference.
- (2018-08-16) carlos hernandez solis: bueno
- (2017-09-26) Ilias Bennani: If I could turn off the high-contrast mode on the satellites (bugg, I guess), I'll give this five stars.
- (2017-06-18) Bob Walters: This tool is dope (superb). The contrast is nicely raised and the color palette is well-selected. It simply and elegantly does what it promises. Highly recommended.
- (2013-12-23) J Coleman: I've really enjoyed this; makes a huge difference!
- (2018-10-12, v:1.0.2) Allen Freeman Jr: Right Clicking does nothing
Right clicking on the Satellite Square does nothing at all
- (2018-05-26, v:1.0.2) Right Click doesn't work
I'm on the newest version of chrome
- (2017-09-26, v:1.0.2) Ilias Bennani: Right-clicking has no effect.
When Right-clicking the Maps/Earth button att the bottom left, nothing happens. I love the contrast on the maps, but I still like the way the satellite images looks without the high-contrast mode.
- (2017-03-13, v:1.0.2) Mulyana Suryaman: tampilan peta
jadi gelap,kesulitan untuk melihatnya
- (2015-08-30, v:1.0.2) J Coleman: No Toggle
Right-clicking the Maps/Earth button is not toggling Higher Contrast; seems stuck on High.
- (2014-11-03, v:1.0.2) François Berdat: with Earth
Si l'on passe sur la couche Earth, la carte est également assombrie et devient inutilisable ! If it happens on the Earth layer, the map is also darkened and become unusable !
- (2013-12-23, v:1.0.2) J Coleman: This item has been disabled in Chrome.
Hi; I really enjoyed this extension, but it now has the header "This item has been disabled in Chrome" and no longer functions. Is there a reason why and when might we see this again? Cheers!