Hides Promoted Pins
For Pinterest. Puts a big ol' gap where promoted pins used to be. It ain't PinBlock, but it's better than nothing. IF YOU ARE STILL SEEING ADS: Please upload a screenshot of your pinterest feed to an image hosting site and include that url in your support post. This will help me identify what the problem might be. **Updated 09/12/19 - Noticed that some non-ad pins were getting blocked, so that's been fixed. Let me know if any ads sneak through.** **Updated 08/13/19 - Trying some new stuff out. The app now runs when you first interact with the page, so it's less resource-heavy but you might see an ad before you start scrolling.** **Updated 03/29/19 - Updated script so it starts before page load, which might help. Or it might not. But it probably won't make it worse?** **Updated 03/25/19 - Changed method by which script selects promoted pins, hopefully this should fix issues some people have been having** **Updated 02/25/19 - Added support for all languages!!! That means I looked at ads in every single language that pinterest supports, because I love you all.** **Updated 11/27/17 - Added support for every international Pinterest domain - Extension should work in every country as long as your language is set to English.** **Updated 10/13/17 - Added support for Pinterest.ca** **Updated 07/05/17 - Updated so that it won't break every time Pinterest updates their code.**
- (2019-12-13) Paul Marr Hilliard: Recently some ads are starting to leak through. It's been fantastic up until the last couple of weeks.
- (2019-12-03) Terrence Pease: Used to work but it's not working anymore. Will change to 5 stars once this is fixed, but otherwise this a great tool. Edit: It does work actually, just only when you search for something but not on the homepage.
- (2019-10-10) Ellie Dobson: I hate seeing these ads and pinterest has gotten absolutely out of control. Thanks so much for making it fun again!
- (2019-09-30) TagSpamCop: Does what it says. But results in really high CPU when browsing through a board. My laptop's fans are going nuts and "Chromium Helper (Renderer)" is at 116% CPU. Turn off this extension and it all goes back to normal on the same board.
- (2019-08-16) Gunner Hill: 2019 - August 16th, and I'm here to say thank you SO much, Steve, for creating this extension! When Pinterest inserted so many utterly useless, irrelevant, and irritating adverts I gave up bothering to visit it. This fantastic extension has made Pinterest usable, and more interesting, again.
- (2019-07-12) Rachel Truman: Works perfectly in that it does block promoted pins, however when I have the Pinterest tab open on Chrome my computer's CPU usage goes sky-high and my computer's fan has to work hard to keep my laptop from cooking. Uninstalling the extension removes the issue, but of course then the promoted pins come back.
- (2019-04-04) Chanda r: fantastic! it works for chrome and opera perfectly!
- (2019-03-22) Cora Regina: Eliminates the ability to scroll using keys. No arrow keys, no space bar. There's no such thing as idle, pleasant browsing anymore, you literally have to drag the scroll bar and that's a jerky, imprecise process.
- (2019-02-20) Helen Binding: Thank you for making pinterest usable again. I tried adding filters to uBlock but no luck. This works as advertised!
- (2019-01-23) doesn't work at all :(
- (2018-12-15) Wow, it actually works. Installed it and went straight to my pinterest and did a random search (I never, ever look at my feed) and all the ads were gone with a white space in their place. Thanks for this!
- (2018-11-12) William Smith: The only one I've tried that actually works in 2018. Thank you!
- (2018-11-07) Madcopy Madcopy: THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now need to find one just like this one for ios... you wouldn't happen to be considering a spinoff, would you?
- (2018-08-14) Mysti-Tsu Porter: I loved this extension. It saved me from having to deal with the well over 50% of my pin feed that were not even remotely of interest to me. Sadly as of August 2018, this extension breaks pinterest for me. causes An infinite log in loop with chrome, and corrupts the code of the browser. SO all it does is attempt to log me in repeatedly before giving up with the error URI Too long. Even removing it from Chrome does not fix this issue, but it is what starts the issue, i've tested it on Chrome, and canary on multiple machines. Hopefully it will see an update in the future that will fix this issue. Thanks for making it though, it was wonderful while it worked.
- (2018-06-10) Ali Swanson: So far so good. Bless you to the wonderful human who wrote the code!
- (2018-05-21) Ella Trujillo: I was using Pinterest before it had promoted ads years ago. My use of it significantly decreased since they implemented. But then I found this extension and I'm so glad it works! I had one before that didn't work -- also, if it doesn't work for you immediately restart Chrome and try it. Thank you so much for making this and keeping it updated. You're a saint!
- (2018-03-18) leslie davidson: Finally an ad blocker for Pinterest that works again. I was ready to delete my Pinterest account due to the useless and annoying ads.
- (2018-03-02) Nicky Birdsall: Oh thank you! It works. My eyes and brain are so much happier. I hate that not only are there often more ads than things I have an interest on but that they limit the number of things I can select to block. This is marvelous. Difference is great enough to make me consider never using their app again.
- (2018-03-02) Vilija Leitanaite: Actually works. Made Pinterest usable again. Pinterest people should really look into how awful their ad policy is. I keep getting irrelevant ads for Chinese suppliers, things that I am not interested in at all, and most annoyingly underwear - which makes it totally inappropriate and unusable at work.
- (2018-02-07) Kristen Grote: Works great! No more ugly clickbait ads spamming up my feed!
- (2017-12-20) Alayna Mallory: exactly as described. I'm so happy to no longer have stupid baby name promoted posts on my feed!!!!
- (2017-12-15) Robert Cozby: This is the only one that actually works to hide the promoted pins. My one gripe is that my frontpage now has a bunch of holes where the promoted pins used to be. It'd be nice to just consolidate those areas as if the promoted pins never existed in the first place.
- (2017-12-03) Marisa Smith: So far so good. Thank you! I hate the promoted pins!
- (2017-11-30) Andrea Reed: Thank you so much for making this. It works like a charm!
- (2017-11-29) Hel Lo: Thank you! Unless Pinterest ever lets you simply pay to get rid of ads (not holding my breath, but I can dream), I will always search out a pin blocker...
- (2019-09-27, v:1.1.5) Ninjakitten: Too many things are being blocked
On the upside, no ads are getting through! On the downside, it seems like quite a lot of non-promoted pins are also being blocked. For example: https://imgur.com/a/kcSHHyP I inspected the code (WOW are they doing a lot of nesting) and confirmed not all missing pins were promoted ones.
- (2019-08-15, v:1.1.3) Google User: Pinterest has updated its system and Promoted pin blocker isn't working.
Ads/promoted pins are seen again. It happened about 5 minutes ago or so.
- (2019-08-14, v:1.1.3) Shadow TheHedgeHog: Seeing promoted pins again
Thanks for your work on the extension, I greatly appreciate it. Just wanted to let you know, promoted pins are back for me.
- (2019-08-13, v:1.1.1) Seth Trimble: Not working anymore
I don't suppose you could try to update this again? Pinterest is still hell bent on turning the site into a dumpster fire. I tried digging into the background.js to make it work again, but I'm not knowledgeable enough to fix it : / I found something in the pinterest site html that might be a good target called aria-label="Product Pin".
- (2019-06-22, v:1.1.1) Jill Morrison: Ads are blocked on Search but not home feed
Hello, Thank you so much for your extension! When I search, I see the "holes" where the promoted pins are so that works great. However, they are not hidden on my home feed. I have some screenshots - can I send you the link to my Google shared drive in a private email? Thank you again!
- (2019-06-04, v:1.1.0) Robert Cozby: As of June 3rd, Sponsored and Promoted Pins are showing up again.
As of June 3rd, Sponsored and Promoted Pins are showing up again. Just thought I'd let you know.
- (2019-03-02, v:1.0.8) leslie davidson: Extension no longer working for me
Hi, the extension is no longer working for me...i'm seeing the promoted pins again. I'll send a screen shot and link. Thank you so much, appreciate it very much! Leslie
- (2019-02-15, v:1.0.6) Alana Burnham: Ads still visible
Hi! this was working great until the New Year hit. Now, it's not blocking ads.
- (2019-01-05, v:1.0.6) Diana Korpi: Hides Promoted Pins Not Working
I getting pin promotions on my Pintrest "Following" feed.
- (2018-12-22, v:1.0.6) Corene DeJong: Currently not working
It was working on my pinterest but lately it seems to have stopped working :(