Navigate the web hands free!
A Chrome extension to browse the web using only your voice, free to download and use. Voice Control and Dictation for Chrome! www.handsfreechrome.com Hands Free can scroll, click things, navigate to webpages, navigate back or forward through your browsing history, enter text into forms, check and uncheck checkboxes, zoom in and out, open and close tabs, refresh the page, control YouTube videos, and more. ----------- After installing, restart Chrome, then open any webpage and hit Ctrl + Space. Give the input window permission to use your mic. Then just say "help". If you're on a Mac, you'll have to adjust your settings. Go to System Preferences, then to Sound, then to Input. If there's a little checkbox option that says "Use ambient noise reduction," make sure that it's not checked.
- (2018-01-25) Tobias Astill-King: Very well made and only took me about 10 minutes to fully figure out however there is a problem where it doesn't work sometimes.
- (2017-09-11) Brandon Dandl: Worthless - it just opens a window that collects the words you say. There is no help or explanation about anything.
- (2017-07-07) Sufyan Dawoodjee: Awesome job with the extension! Hands free browsing is great!
- (2016-12-21) ROOTAMAN: Great potential for the future. I like the ability to show numbers for all links in the webpage! This is the feature that is really save my hands. However I am currently use WSR and Vocola 3.1 and would also like them to work together nicer with this extension as single word commands like MAP, GUIDE or SHOW may conflict with the WSR so I hope user could choose different words for these commands and the user should be able to disable some commands too!
- (2015-01-18) Tony Anthony Jr: need to temperary turn off when using "okay google" command. also would like to add commands for it. Everything else is good.
- (2014-05-18) Rob Locke: Cool and lots of potential. However, I notice that if I have multiple windows open, the commands affect all windows (specifically, the "active" tab in each window). Is that a known bug?
- (2020-05-30, v:1.6.3) 山﨑裕也: not move
I installed, but don't move. Maybe it can hear my command, but Chrome doesn't work.
- (2018-05-08, v:1.6.3) Tony Anthony Jr: The security certificate has expired or is not yet valid,"
The security certificate has expired or is not yet valid," So i have to force it use it. Please fix this app is great except it will not keeps scrolling down in youtube any more.
- (2018-05-05, v:1.6.3) Tony Anthony Jr: keep scrolling down does work in youtube.com
keep scrolling down doesn't work in youtube. It does work everwar else. It there a alternative site i could use it in?
- (2018-02-27, v:1.6.3) Ba Daow: Stops working
Like the other comments, this works great but stops after a short time. I want to use it for up to 30 minutes at a time!
- (2017-11-27, v:1.6.3) Emma James: DOES NOT WORK MOST OF THE TIME!!
Whenever I first open Chrome and Hands-Free, the extension will work for the first 10 or so commands. After that though Hands-Free will not do anything except open a new tab, close tabs or switch between tabs. I thought that this might be because I was using and extension that change the format of all of the text used and Chrome because when I tried using the Voice Typing tool on Google Docs, its functionality as well. So I deleted the font formatting add on from Chrome and restarted my browser (both the one I was trying to navigate around and the input window for Hands-Free) and tried again. Still no luck. I really want to use this extension because I know how extremely helpful it could be, so I am going to try again from Step 1 by deleting the extension and downloading it again. I don't know if this will be able to help anything, but I'm doing this makes the extension actually work that it will definitely be worth the effort.
- (2015-09-26, v:1.4.0) Phillip Li: the extension stops working sometimes
loving this extension but sometimes it just stops responding. after a while I no longer see anything being dictated on the pop-up window. It isn't from inactivity either. any suggestions? I know I can reload the extension but it would be ideal if I didn't need to do it. thanks!
- (2015-01-18, v:1.4.0) Tony Anthony Jr: dictation mode not working
when i click box like in google seach to type text dictation mode does not start. also if i say okay google the mic is being used for this program so I can't use it. If I say okay google i would like this program to pause for 2 min.