Rating system and block by tag system for Archive of Our Own
An unofficial bookmark manager for reading on Archive of Our Own (archiveofourown.org) Features include: - Three star rating system - Hide works - Blacklist by tags - Bookmark by chapter read - Keep track of last visit - Backup and restore user data - Cloud sync - Open source code!
- (2020-09-25) Variable Jabberwocky: no clearly visible instructions (or link to instructions, or hint as to where to look for them, or any sign they even exist). no obvious ways to add anything other than tags to block. tag blocking doesn't actually block fics with the tag or even hide them (ie. tag blocking doesn't work). decent idea but terrible execution.
- (2019-12-03) Sydney Ashcraft: Fantastic extension. I'd love to see a language filter added so that I don't have to scroll past non-English works.
- (2019-09-07) Jumana S: THANK GOD FOR THIS EXTENSION. honestly thank you for this, the fandom i am in has a lot of antis who like to crosspost into our tag and this blocks all of them without me having to go through the whole process of excluding all the tags every time I log on. I've only had it fail once or twice, but on the whole it works like a dream. I've used the rating star system to help me keep track if i have already read a fic. The only thing i wish was that this was available on Chrome's Mobile app <3
- (2019-06-21) Areli Alcazar: I recommend this to literally everyone who uses AO3. It is super useful, super flexible. I never want to go back to not using this extension.
- (2019-05-31) Lara: I love this extension. I can't use AO3 without it anymore, it's really great to not have to see content I don't like while browsing! I keep recommending this extension to all my friends who also use AO3 on Chrome. Would love to be able to blacklist certain authors as well, but I'm pretty happy with this extension!
- (2019-03-09) Devan Bell: I absolutely love this. The blacklist option is great for keeping triggering content out of my searches.
- (2019-02-25) S K: I am a long time user of this extension. It's strange, for the most part it seems to work but there are times where it will refuse to blacklist a fanfic no matter how many time I blacklist the tags that were used. This tends to happen with fics that are labeled as /undefined in the chapters section. No matter what I do, I'll still see the blacklisted fic. This seems to be a glitch, but it has yet to be fixed as this has happened on multiple occasions. For that reason, I chose to give it an okay rating but honestly, this extension has done so much for me that it would be a disservice to give a bad rating. AO3 always begs for thousands and thousands of dollars every few months to "keep the site running" and yet they have still not implemented a blacklist system. Until, I'll still be using this extension. Maybe in the next 10 years, we might see a hint of a black list system hopefully.
- (2019-01-20) kayla: hey creator, i noticed that this app hasn't been updated since september 2018 and just wanted to say, i think it's time for a new update lmao. everytime i put a fandom or relationship into ao3rdr and i refresh the page, the things i had just blacklisted will pop back up or things i had a flame icon to will bypass whatever and make themselves known, which goes against what you created this app for. i would love to see a new update that will fix this in the near future :)
- (2018-11-26) Lindsay McKay: I love it! A real game changer when it comes to browsing AAO. The only things issues I've had are that sometimes stories I've marked to hide will later reappear as visible even while marked as hidden - that and I'd love a bit more control over the blacklisting function.
- (2018-08-29) SE Beed: thank god
- (2018-06-03) Hel Lo: I find this very useful, but I'm not sure it works properly on Vivaldi browser (which is Chrome-based, most extensions do work the same)... Most of it works fine, except there is no way to edit the list of fics on the settings page... there are checkboxes, but the actions dropdown is missing, so the checkboxes are essentially useless (I only found out that by testing the extension in Firefox to see if it worked differently). Sorting doesn't work either, nor on Firefox....
- (2018-02-21) Teo Jamie: I love that i can blacklist and sort through my ratings but then i noticed that it started to blacklist things i didint blacklist at all such as 'handcuffs'
- (2018-01-22) Lyandra Angel: Mostly this is useful, but I do have a few suggestions. 1) Ratings need not appear in the Bookmarks, (user's own) Works, or (user's own) Series sections, and possibly other areas as well (I don't have Collections, Assignments or Claims to test). 2) If a fic is marked negatively in the ratings, I don't want to be blocked from deleting it in my History. Either the fic needs to not shrink itself on the History page, the ratings need to not apply on the History page, or the delete button needs to be accessible on the History page despite the fic being shrunk and hidden.
- (2018-01-06) Skeley: Loved the blacklist feature the most, now I can scroll mostly worry free of the things I would rather not see when just trying to have a good time.
- (2017-11-03) Marie-Léa C: I love the rating system since I can easily designate which fics are worth a re-read! And the blacklist is awesome, especially when paired with some css to completely hide the blacklisted story (I have around 1100 blacklisted items, since I also filter out fandoms I'm not a part of, so browsing non-fandom tags is a lot easier even if sometimes every story is hidden. It is *such* a time-saver)
- (2017-04-18) Janna Williford: Wish there was an option to hide the rating symbols. They show up even when looking at bookmarks and it clutters the page.
- (2016-12-11) Mia Elora Adkins: Wife loves this extension, but I run the dark background. It doesn't seem to play well with it. (Edit to add:) After playing around, it's another extension it's not working well with - "Change Colors". Since this is an add-on conflict, I have adjusted my review rating.
- (2016-11-02) Emily Horan: I have personally found it be extremely useful for ridding searches of unwanted results. The way in which they are hidden is easy to skip over but an-onsite FAQ would be useful as well as a key for the symbols; which I have had to work out for myself and they are a good system as well. It would also be nice if I could personalise it so I can exclude certain fics (the exceptions if you will) such as stuff I've written but is being hidden. Overall, this is a wonderful extension!
- (2016-09-29) Tokyo Babylon Forever: Useless to me because it shows the reason a work is blacklisted. So you blacklist something you hate, but then you have to still see it and see it bigger than what it was in the original ao3 font.
- (2016-09-22) Rose Murry: I do like it, but the tag blacklisting has stopped working for me. I'm hoping it's just a temporary glitch. But being able to hide stuff I don't like has been amazing!
- (2016-06-20) Courtnee Howell: like that it helps me keep track of the fics that I love. It also hides the one I know I wouldn't care to see.
- (2016-04-24) Mandi: Great plugin! It love the blacklist feature and the ability to rate stories I've read and have a visual of it on AO3 which allows me to know for sure which stories I've read and which I haven't. Love this program!
- (2016-04-16) Cat Bell: Was a great extension, but don't care for the new additional permissions. Why does it need to see my browsing history? That's more info than I'm comfortable giving away.
- (2016-04-14) Sean Young: Great plugin! Very helpful.
- (2016-04-04) Sally McMaster: I love the blacklist feature and hide feature, though I'd love a "mark as read" feature too.