Change the default Highlight Color
Tiered of seeing that boring and dull shade of blue when ever you select text on a website? Well now you can change the color with only a few simple clicks How to use Download the extension Click the Enabled Box Select the colors you want easily with your computers default color picker Then click "save changes" and the color will change It's that simple Version 3.0 Bug fixes PS the code is really messy and poorly optimized as this is one of the first extensions I had ever written and I will do a complete rewrite of it when I get the chance for the next update. Hopefully 3.0 fixed an installation issue some users were facing but don't worry this poor state is only temporary and Version 4.0 should be much better so stay posted and I hope you like the extension :)
- (2019-05-07) Corinne Weeks: Doesn't seem to work when highlighting in a pdf. (Also highlight is spelled wrong in the menu)
- (2019-03-27) Rhomis Rhemis: DOES NOT SAVE! I use Raspbian OS many times while programming LINUX, and the Chromium browser highlight is very light grey on white backgrounds. It may be easier for me to make the same "Highlight" AddOn with a save feature just for myself.
- (2019-03-24) Dubya Dee: Can't get this to save. I'm not an idiot, and not willing to spend more than 4-5 minutes on this thing. Bad design and bad engineering.
- (2019-01-06) SungEon Kim: I have no idea if I am not good in searching chrome extension/app, or it is just that I am still not used to Chrome yet, but I went thorough more than a few to find highlight colour changer.. It's very annoying that Chrome is refusing to take Window's setting. As it is, I tried using regedit and found it had no effect on Chrome before I found this. Thanks for the extension, Dev!
- (2018-10-25) Haze: Horrible, didnt even work. I tried refreshing and closing and opening chrome back up and it is just a waste of time. DO NOT ADD TO CHROME
- (2018-10-18) Jesus Paredes: intensolos colores me dusta
- (2018-08-31) Traidy: this helps me a lot with reading big texts! thank you very much!
- (2018-03-25) André Barranco: It won't keep your settings after rebooting the browser. It's pointless as is.
- (2018-02-03) Ariel Aguayo: I love it. :D But it has a pretty big problem: it resets every time my computer is turned off and on. :( And no, it's not just a Mac issue. I have Windows.
- (2018-01-19) Flick Penrose: This is perfect, thank you! Now Chrome matches my system theme. ^^ Took off one star because it took a bit of fiddling and several restarts of Chrome to make it actually work, but at the end it did! I use Linux btw; perhaps limited compatibility was the issue, fyi.
- (2018-01-17) It was ok to start, but I found out it drops its settings each session. Let me know when this gets fixed, and I'll reinstall...
- (2017-11-13) Mike Beaulieu: Doesn't work. Selections don't work and nothing functions as expected or at all.
- (2017-09-02) Dogeishappy21: hard thing
- (2017-08-26) John L. Reed: I love it chrome doesn't let you to change Highlight Color by windows default. And this Extension It's so good does what I want.
- (2017-08-02) Aogán Folth: works well for me
- (2017-04-24) Hafizullah Sufi: Does not save setting, but developer says it's an old project he'd forgotten-about and will try to fix it. Some pages will not accept color change at all (xda-developers.com WTF??), however.
- (2017-04-23) Lauren Seiberling: I would LOVE if I could change the colors! (the Color box closes before a color choice can be made, so I'm stuck with black font and black highlighting) But the black highlighting is okay for my purposes.
- (2017-03-01) Mark Liebman: There is no way I can find to set a color in the color picker and to also be able to press the "save" button. Where did the save button's popup go? It's impossible. Disappointed!
- (2017-02-27) Katrina: There are no colors??
- (2017-02-06) Michael Barrett: Noticed in your coding that you are using cookie to save the color settings. I would suggest making cookie persistent. The fact that the settings don't carry over leads me to believe that it is a session cookie.
- (2016-09-22) Methylation Synthesis: Was working fine last night, log on today and my color is gone. Check the comments, see that this is an issue. Okay. Reset it, and it tells me I "May need to refresh my window before the extension can work." K. Do so, no luck. Really bugging me.
- (2016-09-13) Mg Bhadurudeen: Useful plugin. It will be better if it saves the options at end.
- (2016-09-01) Spiros Ioannou: does not work, Linux, chrome 53.0.2785.89
- (2016-08-29) LetsDoStuff: Garbage.
- (2016-04-22) net siben: works dont know what the people saying it doesn't work are talking about