Change the font color and background color of selected text.
The standard dark blue highlight and white text is horrible and hard to read. With this extension, you can easily change the selection effects to be more readable and beautiful. Use Selection Colors to make your browsing experience even better. Settings: Background color Text color Reset colors Instructions: 1. Pick a color. (It looks great to change the background hue and background opacity and leave the other settings as default.) 2. Refresh your other pages. That's it! This extension uses Chrome Sync to save your options for use on any computer.
- (2020-06-30) NightShadow: It doesn't work at all.
- (2019-11-14) amol mahajan: perfect ;) Just fix bugs and make it compatible with uBlock Origin and Dark Reader.
- (2019-11-03) Isaac Clarke: Absolutely perfect, extremely brutal extension !!! Very useful !!! Great job !!!
- (2019-06-16) Mr Wolf: I had a lot of trouble viewing highlights on my Chromebook, this resolved it perfectly.
- (2018-09-30) C M: Ublock doesn't play nice with this - as in disables it and requires some tinkering to get on the whitelist. Otherwise this extension works wonderfully and is exactly what I was looking for. Namely as a companion extension to Dark Reader, since its dynamic setting at the moment doesn't always really work very well at keeping text selection visible... it basically makes it next to impossible to see the the blue highlight over the text. Anyway, I've now set up a swanky orange highlight color with turquoise font coloring, which works wonderfully on dark backgrounds.
- (2018-01-17) perfect!
- (2020-07-01, v:1.4) Joseph Gonzalez: won't work on txt files
won't work on txt files
- (2020-04-30, v:1.4) Bharti Odhav: Excellent app to add colours
Excellent app to add colours
- (2018-04-04, v:1.3) Lorne Wolf MacKenzie: Instructions are Lacking...
The description reads 1 way yet the actual "attempt" to use this app has yielded nothing even close to what you described. Am sure am missing something... The page that opens with the Options Tab & other Controls' is supposed to be a testing area? Or is it the instructions on how to use?
- (2018-03-16, v:1.3) Eyal Fine: Doesn't Work
This extension only seems to work in the Options tab of the extension setting and no where else. Please advise.