Extension that lets the user customize the font text size, font color and background color on a page.
A+ FontSize Changer is a Chrome Extension that lets the user customize the font text size, text color and background color on a page. It actually changes the fontSize of each element unlike Chrome's action with CTRL+ and CTRL- which zooms the page. Sometimes you wish to increase the text size without zooming the page so that paragraphs do not scroll past the edge of the screen. A+ FontSize Changer works where others fail! Even on pages with dynamic (ajax) content! Even on pages with iFrames! Just use the buttons to change the fontsize or use keyboard shortcuts ALT+ and ALT- ( or use ALT+Up Arrow and ALT+Down Arrow. You can change these hotkeys at chrome://extensions/shortcuts ) Some webpage authors use a gray text color instead of black which can be hard on the eyes. With A+ FontSize Changer you can also change the text color and background color on a page. With this feature you can also create your own custom Night Mode where you choose the text color and background color yourself and it does not invert image or video colors so that they are still viewable. NOTES: If ALT+ and ALT- are not working on a website then try these steps: 1. Reload the website (F5 key) or restart Chrome. 2. Click on a blank space on the website page before using the ALT+ or ALT- key. 3. Make sure that the website is not the Chrome Web Store or a chrome:// page because Google does not allow extensions to work on those pages. 4. If the website has disabled keyboard keys then click on the extension icon in the toolbar and use the buttons there. 5. If ALT+Up Arrow and ALT+Down Arrow are not working then see if they are active on the extension at chrome://extensions/shortcuts LIMITATIONS This Lite version of the extension does not save the custom text size, color and background-color when leaving the page, nor does it allow you to change the font type (font-family). VERSION HISTORY 5/22/2020 - Version 1.3.6 - It seems that font changes and color changes were not working in iFrames since about version 1.2.5. This has been fixed. Previously, font size changes were only working if the user clicked on the iFrame first and used ALT+ or ALT- to change the size. Now pressing ALT+ ALT- and ALT-Backspace on the main page will change the text size for both the main document and iFrames without having to click on the iFrames first. Known Issue: Some iFrames with content like Disqus comments may have a problem loading saved settings correctly because of the delayed way that Disqus loads content and css. Text may get too large and crowded (line-height). This may also cause "Reset Colors" to not reset the iFrame without refreshing the webpage (F5 key). Now removes the default font from saving if reverting back to the default font on the page. 4/18/2020 - Version 1.3.5 - It now does not change the background color of elements that have a transparent background so that they can still be seen through. Also if the background-image is a gradient instead of a url then it will set the background-image to "none". 9/24/2018 - Version 1.3.4 - Added Languages in pop up. 4/16/2018 - Version 1.3.3 - Added "user-select:none" to css of the buttons in the popup. 4/6/2018 - Version 1.3.2 - Now you can use ALT+Up Arrow and ALT+Down Arrow to change text size. You can also change these hotkeys at chrome://extensions/shortcuts 3/30/2018 - Version 1.3.1 - Removed trying to make it work with Google's new tab page. With apologies it was not realized that there is no way to tell the difference between chrome://newtab and extensions that created their own new tab. 3/22/2018 - Version 1.3.0 - Lite and Pro Edition - Now the Lite Edition also changes font size by .1 increments instead of .2 increments, just like Pro. Also fixed in Lite Edition the contentEditable bug that would change size when the user changes to bold or italics. Bug Fix: Keeps the current page view scroll position in the same place after a font size adjustment for most pages by calculating the position before the change and then setting the scroll position after the change. This version also shows the color picker and the text input for color hex values, so you can manually enter hex colors or use the color picker. Also new setting added "Underline Links". So users can choose if links are underlined or not when the color is changed. The default is to "Underline Links" because on most websites it would be difficult to see the links when they are the same color as the rest of the text on the page. But some users prefer not to have links underlined. Also now line-height is adjusted if line-height is too small after a text size change. 3/21/2018 - Version 1.2.9 - Pro Edition and Version 1.2.5 - Lite Edition - Now using the custom color picker instead of the HTML 5 color picker because now some Windows users were having the same bug that Mac OS users were having of the HTML 5 color picker window opening and the extension popup closing. Using the custom color picker fixes that bug. 5/8/2017 - Version 1.2.4 - In the Pro edition you can now change the font type (font-family) for each website you visit and the font family will be saved. 4/20/2017 - Version 1.2.3 - Added note in extension popup that explains that extensions do not work in special chrome:// pages or at the Chrome web store. 4/12/2017 - 1.2.2 - Bug Fix for Mac OS X. I believe I have fixed the bug that some Mac users are experiencing of not being able to change the color. Apparently Chrome extensions have a bug with Mac OS using the HTML 5 color picker where when the color picker opens the extension popup closes causing the popup to not recognize the color commands. Now using a different color picker for Mac users. 4/9/2017 - 1.2.1 - Added change event to color picker to see if it would fix the problem for some users not able to get the text color or background color to change. 9/12/2016 - 1.2 - Now you may not have to reload the current page when you first install this extension or if you disable it and re-enable it. 08/12/2015 - 1.1 - Fixed alert "ERROR: Could not establish connection." when clicking on A+ icon when the extension is first installed. Now it tells the user to refresh the page. 08/12/2015 - 1.0 - A+ FontSize Changer created
- (2020-06-24) Apk Emur: An extension that allows the user to increase and decrease the size of the ENTIRE web page. The key word ENTIRE is missing in the description!
- (2020-03-07) Jing OatMeow: it helped me a lot. Thanks author.
- (2020-03-05) Brandon Lee: NExt refresh or open restore website default. (Mac latest, Chrome latest)
- (2020-02-24) King Dedede: A bit confusing but it's still ok
- (2020-02-02) Sheldon Buchler: I've tried most of the other extensions that claim they can change font size and this is the only one that does it in a reliable and consistent manner. It also has very easy to remember keyboard shortcuts. Highly recommend!
- (2020-01-26) AD G: Like people say, it is only a trial, because it won't save settings. That is why I use advance font settings and FC on my computer. The background changing with this extension makes it easy on the eyes. Google dropped external CSS support, but there is an extension that will use one, go to userstyles.org ..
- (2020-01-05) Steve Z: I like the instant independent color changers for both font and background but Dark Mode extension by Grephy is faster and quicker that comes with a toggle switch for dark background that retains the setting for free even when you leave a page. The zoom-font function is also identical to (but slower than) Chrome's built-in zoom feature (accessible using Ctrl with + and - or Ctrl with the mouse scroll wheel) except that Chrome automatically remembers your setting without charging $4.99 for a Pro version... so you'd be paying that price just for the font and background COLOR settings to be retained. I'm keeping the Lite version extension for the color changers—it's nice to choose exactly what colors for long reading.
- (2019-09-22) Andrew Else: Great for small text websites like Wikipedia! Now I can do research without having to strain my eyes!
- (2019-08-05) Matt Forrest: Working great so far. Many websites have white text on black background and it kills my eyes. I always set it to black text on a light coffee/cream background. Your eyes will thank you!
- (2019-02-09) Randy Knowles: doesn't work
- (2019-01-09) AloneEpic: Its Was Good Just That We Need To Pay For The App To Save The Font Color. And I Don't Want To Go Back And Forth To Change The Color
- (2018-12-29) Lieutenant BaconWaffles: Nice. I was getting really tired of every website I look at on my huge desktop presenting itself like a blown up mobile version of the page.
- (2018-11-25) 張廷光: 非常實用 讚
- (2018-10-14) Monica Askew: I like this one, it was a good way to get my feet wet, in all honesty, I really like the the Pro better, just the fact that I own it along with other things lately that I have had to buy, it hit me, like a brick to the face.
- (2018-08-29) Oumu: 好用
- (2018-07-05) Alеksandr Kovalenko: Отличное решение
- (2018-07-04) mark klein: Works good just wish you could save changes.
- (2018-06-01) Handsumguy Bo: I have used other extensions to change contrast or font etc in order to read text better and this works GREAT and hits the mark perfectly for me. It also improves the text on printed pages without causing any blurry action unlike other extensions I tried. I will take a look at the paid version.
- (2018-05-06) vovx21: After 1.3.0 update, it started to messing up my new tab page. I use non-default page, which gets broken by your extension. __________ Now works well, however text color grid with bugs
- (2018-03-22) restcure: Good at what it does, though it would be better described as a "demo", like other software that works the same as the paid version except that you can't save.
- (2018-02-26) gg g: Does not work for all sites once changed. Will it work in Pro for all sites if once changed.
- (2018-02-21) Somedumb Shmoke: Using the pro makes all the difference Love it.
- (2018-02-10) Daniel J. McCarthy: Useless product that tries to do too many things and fails miserably at all. [email protected]
- (2018-01-24) Big Japko: Color change doesn't work (Chrome 63 Windows 7)
- (2018-01-22) Deb Hickerson: Only changes background color, not font color.
- (2020-06-16, v:1.3.6) Rich Cook: Please cancel my purchase
After trying your product for an hour, I have found it is very adversely affecting performance on my computer. I'd like a refund please. Thanks.
- (2018-09-02, v:1.3.3) Stephen Willis: doesn't work
I loaded the lite version and it worked. I then paid for the pro version and deleted the lite version. Then the pro version wouldn't work at all so I reinstalled the lite version. Now when I press alt-+ pr alt uparrow the font size just goes large-amall-large-small over and over continuously. And apparently the pro version still doesn't work as the profiles don't work.
- (2018-05-25, v:1.3.3) Robert Lindsay: Want to change font colors on all sites.
I want to change the color in all webpages across the board. I do not want to have to go and change the font colors for each new page I go to. PITA. Also it never saves my colors. Say I have the fonts on a page set to grey, if I open the application, they are always switched back to the default. So the app does not remember the colors I specified for any given page.
- (2018-03-31, v:1.3.1) Steve W.: New Tab Issue
Thanks. I sure wish I knew that the Google search in new tabs was a known issue. I went to a lot off unnecessary and time consuming steps for nothing.
- (2018-03-31, v:1.3.1) Steve W.: New Tab Issue
Thanks. I just installed the latest update and so far it's working. Is there some way to have extensions update by themselves?
- (2018-03-30, v:1.3.0) Steve W.: New Tab Issue
Out of the blue, when I open a new tab, it goes to Google search! This only happens with your extension since the problem goes away if I turn it off.
- (2018-03-30, v:1.3.0) trudie turner: font size
too small to read email when I use Google chrome
- (2018-03-28, v:1.3.0) Cthulhu R'lyeh: Hijack new tab
When i enable this extension it changes the new tab for some reason, even tried to do a full reset of chrome to remove it, then checked each extension and it was this one. For some reason it redirects me to this when i have the extension turned on. https://www.google.com/_/chrome/newtab
- (2018-02-18, v:1.2.4) Danny Heflin: ASSES GIVE ME AN OPTION TO PAY FOR YOUR PRODUCT WITHOUT USING MY CREDIT CARD ONLINE
THE FACT YOU WANT MONEY TO BE ABLE TO CHANGE THE FONT COLOR FROM THIS GOD DAMN GRAY THE LATEST PERVERSION OF CHROME USES IS DICKISH TO SAY THE LEAST SINCE THERE ARE MANY MANY MILLIONS OF USERS THAT WILL NEVER ENTER ANY CREDIT INFO INTO ANY COMPUTER PERIOD, I WOULD BE WILLING TO TAKE & SEND YOU A CHECK FOR IT BUT I WONT ENTER MY DIGITS INTO ANYTHING ONLINE EVER PERIOD
- (2017-10-17, v:1.2.4) Steve W.: Default size button not working
Hello, When i click the "Default size" button, nothing happens. I uninstalled and reinstalled and the problem still exists.
- (2017-06-28, v:1.2.4) Neil J: Bold
Hi Mr. JB., For instance, on page https://www.civilized.life/articles/car-accidents-legal-marijuana/ , the font "size" is OK. But I'd like to change the spindly font to "Bold." That would be sufficient. ------ Also, I'd go Pro for remembering the font size for each website, but I'm reluctant to give Google my credit card info. I don't remember them offering Paypal (as if Paypal is better). I'm up to about two dozen extensions, and A+ FontSize Changer Pro is the only one that I'd feel enthusiastic about paying for.