Play Youtube videos on your TV using your XBMC
--Discontinued-- ---------------- Play any Youtube video on your XBMC with a click of a button. Browse www.youtube.com comfortable on your laptop and share the good stuff on the big screen. You can find the button under the video now. Configuration: Put the IP or the host name in the adress field like this 127.0.0.1 127.0.0.1:8080 HOSTNAME:8080 Use the support email I've put into the extensions configuration section, it is not viable to answer questions in the comments. Currently not working with a xBox. Donate in Bitcoin if you like: 14m4EsZKyLcwd75Q3QysgNpiXSibxy59Ei Changelog 1.4 - new feature: send videos directly from the search site 1.3 - added the possibility to add names to the buttons, thanks to Joshua for this! - known issue: videoplayer on youtube doesn't stop automatically when using html5 1.2 - fixed an issue where the extension wouldn't work on certain systems 1.1.2 - added debugging - youtube layout changes 1.1 - compatible to Frodo RC2 - corrections for youtube layout 1.0.5 - compensate for minor layout change on youtube 1.0.4 - old and new youtube layout are supported again 1.0.3 - adapted to youtube layout change 1.0 - Feature: Add to playlist button (just click on the '+' to add it to your current playlist) - Notifications: Visual feedback if the video has been added 0.8 - update for future chrome versions - Update to work with the latest nightlys (06/07/12) 0.7 - fixed a rare issue where the extension won't work with XBMC - cosmetic stuff 0.6.1 - update to work with Eden RC2 0.5.4 - fixed a layout issue 0.5.3 - compatible with the HTTPS version of Youtube 0.5.2 - update for the youtube layout change (Thanks to kasperh) 0.5.1 - fixed a bug where not every Youtube video was playing correctly (Thanks to Anthony) - fixed a layout issue 0.5 - compatible with recent nightly builds of XBMC - added an option to select different buttons (new designs are welcome, Email me) - use the 'Textbutton' only with the new youtube UI (http://www.youtube.com/cosmicpanda) (doesn't look that great on the regular youtube yet) 0.4.2 - fixed an issue that prevented some videos from playing. Thanks to Anthony on that one. :) 0.4.1 - better error catching if the XBMC configuration is not valid - the button(s) will now indicate that the video is being transferred 0.4 - added ability to use more than one XBMC 0.3 - updated to work with the new youtube UI (http://www.youtube.com/cosmicpanda) 0.2 - added ability to change the port - added ability to use a host name rather than an IP - added ability to enter a username/pw 0.1 - initial release
- (2020-09-04) P N: C'est marqué "discontinued". ça veut dire que ça ne marche plus. It's an abandonned extension.
- (2017-09-07) Austin France: Was brilliant, sadly no longer works.
- (2017-04-08) Kimberly Stancil: thankx :)
- (2016-11-25) Timothy Cudd: works!
- (2015-07-14) MRNIKUSHA101: SPYWARE
- (2015-02-22) Maor Magori: exactly what i was looking for! a great little button to send the video over to the TV!
- (2015-01-14) Luis Angel Marquina: Funciona perfectamente con XBMC (Raspberry Pi)
- (2014-12-19) Sup Na: looking for this. Great addon
- (2014-04-20) trencart severine: je n'arrive pas à l'installer
- (2014-04-05) Great addon!
- (2013-11-21) Chris Considine: I really like this extension, however it appears that all the "Vevo" sponsored videos (which is almost every music video) do not work with this extension. Would love to see a patch or update in the future to fix this.
- (2013-11-09) cputurbopc: Thank you for making this, it works perfect with openelec 3.0.6 on RPi.
- (2013-04-03) Jens Greenwood: does what it should do. awesome.
- (2013-03-30) Brian B: Great addon. Could do with auto connection wizard so you do not have to find XBMC ip details etc.
- (2013-03-14) Ólafur Ólafsson: I'm loving this application and the person writing it, responds to problem fast and this app works all the time !!
- (2013-03-09) Scott Roach: Works well and supports multiple XBMC clients.
- (2013-03-08) Connor Gandy: Lindsey Stirling pictures... That's enough to get a 5 star off me :D
- (2013-03-07) Great extension. As per some previous suggestions, I would love the send option to be in the right click menu as well. :)
- (2013-03-05) Love this! Thanks for adding my feature suggestions!
- (2013-02-17) Jan Hagemejer: It worked perfectly on my ATV2 xbmc. But now I upgraded to Frodo and it does not work anymore.
- (2013-01-23) Mitja Mihelič: Stopped working around the end of 2012.
- (2013-01-04) Alvin Brinson: STILL Does NOT work.
- (2013-01-02) Dan Albert: Works perfectly! Thank you so much. Is there anyway you can add a "Right click -> Send to xbmc" So I dont have to open the video on my computer first?
- (2012-12-27) Arun Satyanarayana: works like a charm......the only problem is that this does not work with the latest beta of XBMC Frodo
- (2012-12-10) Teun Koeman: Whenever I try to send a video from youtube to xbmc, I get the error message: something went wrong.. Could this extension not be compatible with XBMC 12?
- (2012-11-17) Geoffrey Oxholm: Awesome. Thanks.
- (2014-12-20, v:1.4.1) Gustavo Azambuja: Dont load with AJAX call
When you see a video in a new tab, you can see the link to play in XBMC. But if you click in one video after that, the button will dissapear. You need reload page (F5) to see again the option
- (2014-12-14, v:1.4.1) Piotr Kołodziejczak: not working
does not work for me too
- (2014-12-06, v:1.4.1) Terry Olinyk: app
doesnt work anymore...tried to delete and install again...nope
- (2014-04-20, v:1.4.1) trencart severine: installation
impossible de l'installer
- (2014-03-20, v:1.4.1) Alex Holt: Not working with XMBC
Hi, looks like I'm having similar issues to other users: Connection error appears on XBMC, checked and wifi address etc are okay. Any thoughts?
- (2013-12-26, v:1.4.1) Mehrdad Alirezaei: connection error
Hi I am trying to connect my PC to the TV but it doesn't work and I get the message "Connection Error". I also don't know what to add in the page for username and password. It is not well explained.
- (2013-10-18, v:1.4.1) Jakob S: Make the background page into an event page.
I would suggest that, in accordance to https://developer.chrome.com/extensions/event_pages.html, the background script, script.js, is given the "persistence": false option in the manifest. This would serve to unload the background script from memory when it isn't needed, which--at least on my machine--would serve to free some 20MB worth of memory most of the time.
- (2013-04-15, v:1.4.1) Shaun Newsome: Adding videos from search site
How does this feature work? new feature: send videos directly from the search site It would be great to be able to add videos from the Youtube search results without having to open the video which starts it downloading automatically in Chrome.
- (2012-12-15, v:1.0.5) Andrew Mollmann: Newest XBMC
Does not seem to be compatible with the latest version of XBMC. Was working before, now I just get the notification that says "Send to XBMC" and nothing ever happens on my XBMC box. The IP address is set correctly, etc. I get absolutely nothing in the xbmc.log file either. The fault is probably with XBMC, but who knows. Any ideas?
- (2012-12-07, v:1.0.5) Peter Dietrich: New Youtube
HELP! Looks like Youtube changed their layout!! And now the xbmc buttons are not there anymore