Turn your browser into a redditor's best friend.
This is a modified version of the official reddit companion which can be found here: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/reddit-companion/algjnflpgoopkdijmkalfcifomdhmcbe This version fixes some long outstanding bugs and adds some new things: - https support: should work on (more) https pages now. - notifications work again: the old companion used an outdated call. - design tweaks: Less shadows, less gradients, less rounded corners. Todo: - Update the notifications to have a better suited icon that is not blurred out. - Add support for moderation related tasks. - Possibly integrate these with the moderator toolbox extension.
- (2016-11-14) 张磊: better than the official companion
- (2016-09-12) Mario Olivio Flores: This is great! Thanks devs!
- (2016-06-04) Tamara Jordan: This only works for https pages if you click the button in the omnibar.
- (2016-03-21) David Holmgård Åkerberg: One of my favorite extensions.
- (2015-08-26) Alvin Chuang: This one actually works!
- (2015-07-19) Derek Shaffer: Thank you for continuing support and improvements on this this wonderful extension!
- (2015-02-04) Andrew Truong: gr8
- (2014-12-18) Bryn Palmer: Fixed all the bugs I found with the other obsolete version
- (2014-11-14) Neil Israel: Great addition to my Chrome web-browsing. Along with RES, my Redditing has almost been too efficient. It's great to click the button on the omnibar to see what Reddit has to say about any webpage/image. 10/10, I definitely recommend to anyone who uses Reddit frequently.
- (2014-09-18) Jamie Soaki: Couldn't imagine Reddit without it.
- (2017-05-27, v:2.0.4) John L Cannon: why doesn't the developer respond to ?s
I was reading abt this on GitHub & thot I'd chk it out. I c no link here to any kind of support & a whole bunch of unanswered questions. I realize that many developers rn't getting much, if any, compensation 4 their work, but I think it is only responsible to provide some sort of support. It doesn't speak well of the app/entension.
- (2017-04-18, v:2.0.4) Joe Chan: Privacy
Why does this extension need access to all browser data instead of just reddit.com?
- (2017-04-05, v:2.0.4) Richard Silverstein: No toolbar
When I click on the Extension icon it doesn't open the toolbar. Could anything in my own browser install be preventing it from opening? Or is this a bug in the extension?
- (2016-01-28, v:2.0.2) Grey Only: Bar height
Sometimes when opening a link the bar is taller than it should be; refreshing the page usually fixes this.
- (2015-11-04, v:2.0.2) John Winslow: YouTube fullscreen
While going fullscreen with YouTube videos (and maybe other videos as well), the bar stays on top of the video.
- (2015-11-01, v:2.0.2) John Winslow: Hide button
Loving the app. Is it possible to add a hide button to the bar? Sometimes instead of up or downvoting a submission, I want to hide it, but I have to go back to the submission list to do that. Adding "hide" to the bar would be the final piece of the convenience puzzle for me.
- (2015-07-29, v:2.0.2) Gabriel Smith: Debug Flag
The DEBUG flag found in debug.js is ste to true, causing debug statements to populate console.log
- (2015-06-28, v:2.0.1) Mayhem Chaos: Companion compatible with HTTPS?
I noticed reddit is now always on HTTPS and the companion stopped working. Is this just a coincidence?
- (2015-06-16, v:2.0.1) Paul Klapperich: Custom Color
I'd like to change the background color on the reddit bar. The gray background blends in too much with my browser. The old RedditToolbar frameset was blue, and I'd like bar in reddit companion blue, too!