Kiwix : offline Wikipedia reader
- (2020-06-26) Mikhail Gribanov: Как скрыть нижнюю панель которая дублирует функционал браузера?
- (2019-04-13) Tumusiime Isaac: This extension has saved me alot. It is really fast and I just set it to open as my homepage to avoid the hustle of having to load the files every time I open. I have even written a review about it at http://www.freetechug.blogspot.com
- (2018-12-26) Евгений Рылов: Каждый раз приходится указывать расположение файлов-zim: закрыл страницу браузера и всё пропало... :-(
- (2018-08-05) Fairly useless due to the torrents failing to even start. Every ftp I've tried doesn't finish.
- (2017-11-28) Moctar Cissé: COOL
- (2019-09-04, v:2.6.0) Jim Johnson: I need a version of Kiwix or some other .zim reader that I can run from a USB drive, Can you help?
I have been trying to use kiwix-desktop_windows_x64_2.0-rc1 to act as a viewer for Wikipedia files that can be loaded and displayed completely offline, by saving everything to a USB drive. The software basically works but with a lot of deficiencies. Problems include: 1) the Wikipedia files (8) that I have downloaded cannot be made to appear in either the Local Files or the All files directory. I would like to point Kiwix to the Wikipedia content and have it display all of the .zim files present there. 2) When I open .zim files manually using the file menu, I can only get 6 files open at a time.
- (2018-12-03, v:2.4.0) Brian McGlynn: audio for crash course and other .zim files
It does not appear that there is audio support for the recent versions of Kiwix available for Mac users with the standalone app or as a Google Chrome extension. Is this the case? If it is not available, do you foresee it becoming available soon? We use these resources as supplemental material when teaching our three kids who live and travel aboard our sailboat. Everything mist be offline given remote travel with no internet access. In the past, we have found these materials to be wonderful but the lack of audio in the newest version is problematic for us. Thank you for any information or recommendations that you can provide. Best wishes, Brian, SV Counting Stars