When you hover with your mouse over a gfycat link you'll see the video popup and play. Much like HoverZoom for a gif.
Pros on reddit don't click, they hover. This works for all images including gifs but not gfycat gifs. That's what this extension is here to solve until hoverzoom officially supports gfycat. When you hover with your mouse over a gfycat link on reddit you'll see the video popup and play. Much like HoverZoom for a gif. I recommend you test it out at http://www.reddit.com/domain/gfycat.com Source at https://github.com/ubershmekel/gfycat_hoverzoom
- (2018-12-03) Christian Kist: It doesn't account for where the link you're hoverzooming is on the page. If it's at the bottom you won't be able to see much of the gfy because it only pops up below the mouse.
- (2015-11-24) Doesn't work inside of feedly, etc.
- (2014-12-15) james wh: Needs some improvements but very helpful.
- (2014-07-22) JiggedyJam SB : Functional app, no disappointments with it. It would be nice to be able to set a delay before popping up, but whatever.
- (2014-07-01) Thijs Castelein: - Doesn't add the link to history. - Always shows the overlay on the bottom right, not always on the screen like hoverzoom. - Shows a small overlay when a gif is linked from gfycat, where hoverzoom also shows the actual image.(minor issue) Way way better experience than without it though.