Dark mode for every website. Take care of your eyes, use dark theme for night and daily browsing.
This eye-care extension enables night mode creating dark themes for websites on the fly. Dark Reader inverts bright colors making them high contrast and easy to read at night. You can adjust brightness, contrast, sepia filter, dark mode, font settings and ignore-list. Dark Reader doesn't show ads and doesn't send user's data anywhere. It is fully open-source https://github.com/darkreader/darkreader Before you install disable similar extensions. Enjoy watching!
- (2020-04-16) somechazzy: was cool and all until it started using my internet downstream excessively (according to chrome task manager at least).
- (2020-04-16) David Myung: I work late in the night, so this helped me do that.
- (2020-04-16) 123because: Been looking for something like this for SO long, thank you so much. Amazing.
- (2020-04-16) Razan Mutashim: It's very synchronized with almost every website and I'm loving it.
- (2020-04-16) TACO: zajebiste
- (2020-04-16) noobiii: this is for anyone about to post a 1 star review because the extension doesn't work. - try and see if your wifi and/or your pc are slow. if it is, then dark reader will take a while to load. - change your filter, or otherwise make sure it's on and set to dark. - see if dark reader works on other sites. this worked on sites like reddit and google search, but not chrome web store as extensions can't access this site. - check for conflicting extensions (such as stylish or another extension that modifies how sites look) and disable them. if none of the solutions above worked, try: - restarting the browser - hard-resetting the browser (type "taskkill /f /im chrome.exe" into the windows search bar, or type "chrome://inducebrowsercrashforrealz" into the chrome search bar) - terminating dark reader (press shift + esc, then select "extension: dark reader," then click "end process" at the bottom-right corner) - reinstalling dark reader - restarting your pc - install dark reader on another pc and see if it works there if you're still out of luck, then i guess dark reader doesn't work for you. :/
- (2020-04-16) chang yu: great !!!!
- (2020-04-16) Zavina Baylon: very nice!
- (2020-04-16) Lae Fie: Its April and its works great still thanks for this extension and stay home and stay safe if your going out.
- (2020-04-16) Joshua Davison: It was epic until it temporarily disabled itself on docs and would not let me put it back on but after a refresh of the page and it was working perfectly But why does it not work on chrome web store? Thanks Dark Reader
- (2020-04-15) Luciana Vidosa: Es la mejor extensión de las que he probado con esta función (modo oscuro y también cuenta con un modo claro). Tiene muchas opciones y parámetros para ajustar (brillo - contraste - sepia - escala de grises). Esta bien pero podria ser mejor ya que los fondos de color de los botones los pone todo negro y no se distingue. aunque aveces volviendo a cargar la pagina lo arregla.
- (2020-04-15) Ali Ebrahimi: There's a problem with MathJax. They don't change color and become invisible in dark mode.
- (2020-04-15) Btomaek: best for late night reading or web browsing some websites my not support it well making text invisible
- (2020-04-15) Eletronnical: É, realmente bom demais, cumpre o objetivo perfeitamente! Recentemente eles também fizeram um aviso dizendo para tomar cuidado com clones dessa extensão, então tomem cuidado!
- (2020-04-15) Espiriquidiberto Senti: Excelente, só pesa em sites como Facebook e Twitch, mas creio que um PC bom o suficiente vai levar esse tema de boas
- (2020-04-15) Alireza Ektefaie: The only extension that works as it should👌
- (2020-04-15) Alejo Findling: Gracias, funciona muy bien salvo algunas paginas en concreto pero es cuestion de configurarlo correctamente, nada grave
- (2020-04-15) Aaron Pradhan: Love it!!! Works very well on different sites and generally does a pretty good job of detecting contrasts that need to be maintained
- (2020-04-15) Fedinand Yusuf: nice its work
- (2020-04-15) Tooly_wrld8x: NIce and dark on every website :) 10/10
- (2020-04-15) BIGREDAY: Essa é a versão oficial, não instalem cópias
- (2020-04-15) Janis Mades: Super Erweiterung, die jeder nutzen sollte. Anfangs war es auch für mich ziemlich ungewohnt, dass alles nun dunkel dargestellt wird, aber mit der Zeit gewöhnt man sich daran und es erscheint normal. Man möchte dann gar nicht mehr ohne, außerdem schont es enorm die Augen. Das einzige was mich stört ist, dass er bei jedem Laden einer Seite den Aufbau vom Darkmode berechnet, bei einigen Seiten dauert das Laden daher extrem viel länger als ohne den Dark Reader.
- (2020-04-15) Admiral Spiro: Perfekt
- (2020-04-15) 陈墨秋: 很喜欢，但开启后，捕捉二维码的效果很差，能改进就更喜欢了
- (2020-04-14) Александр Тымчучичек: Не работает как не крути (ручки) !!!
- (2020-05-30, v:4.9.9) Harry Tsang: Bug on dynamic mode with pdf
PDF files has the extension applied regardless of the "Enable for PDF files" setting when mode is set to "dynamic" Reproduction of bug: set scheme to dark set mode to dynamic set "Enable for PDF files" to disabled open a pdf file from the internet* with mainly white background * the bug does not happen on local files
- (2020-05-30, v:4.9.9) Fred Ator: Facebook pb mostly
Since the last update, facebook feed doesn't show up, or struggles a lot, ram usage is huge, and everything is slow and unusable. As soon as i deactivate Dark reader, scrolling comes back as fast as before Thanks to consider
- (2020-05-29, v:4.9.9) alp a: Doesn't work on nearly as many websites
I recently reinstalled the extension because all pdfs were set to a horrible inverted mode. Afterwards the extension stopped working properly on a lot of websites. The background would turn to black but text also stays black. Or on sites like Amazon sometimes only part of the website gets converted to dark mode.
- (2020-05-28, v:4.9.9) Luke Malpass: Insanely slow
Since your last update about a week ago, its completely killed Chrome and Edge. Gmail and many other sites are insanely slow every time you click anything or move the mouse. Disable this add-in and its fast right away
- (2020-05-28, v:4.9.9) Kelly Koplitz: Dark Reader needs to be refreshed on every new page
I love Dark Reader! I have eye issues and this helps me so very much! However lately, it seems like every time I go to a new page, I have to reset DR. Sometimes it looks like half of the screen is DR and half is not. I am noticing this mostly in Visual Studio Team Foundation Server. I use this for work and am constantly switching between screens and having to reset/toggle on/off is really annoying. What can I do to fix this?
- (2020-05-28, v:4.9.9) yxl: YOUTUBE site
Hi, I have a problem to use Dark Reader. When I choose the following options, the background of YOUTUBE shows all black color. 1. Dark Reader – on 2. Filter – Light All other sites are fine, but why dose only the YOUTUBE site show the only black background?
- (2020-05-27, v:4.9.9) Steve Magruder: Recent update interfering with typing on Facebook
Apparently there was a recent update to Dark Reader and typing into new posts (e.g.) became slow and jumpy. Since Facebook was the main site I used it for, I have disabled it until issues are rectified. I was using the Dynamic filter with no typing issues until the past few days.
- (2020-05-27, v:4.9.9) Michiel Vanderlee: High CPU usage
Recently it started consuming a lot more CPU, or at least it's become noticeable.
- (2020-05-23, v:4.9.8) Jason Laycock: Handling of PDFs
The option to enable/disable on PDF pages is actually pretty nice, but it should probably be disabled if the user has not selected the new design yet, otherwise it appears as a bug and there is no way to disable it in the old design. It may also be useful to add a default theme for PDFs if enabled.
- (2020-05-22, v:4.9.8) Kai Yan: Do not turn dark mode on in the PDF page in automatically
I use the 'invert site only' mode and did not put any PDF URL inside it, but when I open a PDF page, the site turned the page into dark mode automatically, is there any other setting to exclude this kind of page.
- (2020-05-20, v:4.9.8) George Mou: Turn on/off based on sunrise and sunset
See title. Bonus if we can choose a timezone and it turns on and off based on sun. I like white mode during the day and dark mode during the night.
- (2020-05-17, v:4.9.8) Victor Tang: finance.yahoo.com
Hi, first of all, thank you so much for creating this extension. it's really cool and helpful. i am experiencing this minor issue where when i hover to one of the news links, it will disappear as the color somehow changed to the same as the back. https://sg.finance.yahoo.com/ Would really appreciate it if u could help me out in this. thank you!
- (2020-05-14, v:4.9.8) Ritwik Anand: Some websites block darkreader
First of all thank you Dev for this tool and working on new updates and fixes. Greatly appreciated. Second, the new issue I notice is some of sites(like upstox.com) are blocking dark mode which is very annoying. Can you do something about it? Thank you again.
- (2020-05-12, v:4.9.8) Malcolm D: PDF inversion
Please Make this a toggle.
- (2020-05-11, v:4.9.8) Gurveer Chaggar: Long term impacts
Hi, I have just started using the app. I am worried about this colour inversion process. Does it harm the computer's display in any way on a long term basis? Thanks.
- (2020-05-11, v:4.9.8) Stephen Kirby: Extension is inverting PDFs
The extension has begun to invert PDFs if the extension is enabled on the site the PDF was opened from.
- (2020-05-10, v:4.9.8) Dyonnatan M: Light mode is keeping some sites dark
In Light Mode with Dynamic engine still keeps some sites in dark mode like StackOverflow and Whastapp Web, I think and expected all of those websites at the same theme. When I disable the extension everything returns to original website light theme. I'm using Xubuntu with dark window colors.
- (2020-05-10, v:4.9.8) ProjectPhysX: PDF viewer in google chrome is now inverted colors
After a recent update, PDFs displayed in google chrome are now color inverted. The color inversion applies to the entire PDF viewer. Also a few websites which already have a dark theme are inverted to look bright again.
- (2020-05-09, v:4.9.8) Jitendra Sahu: Hanging
There is no issue when i am not using Dark Reader. When i use my chrome going hang. Please do some thing, i like Dark mode.
- (2020-05-09, v:4.9.8) Shaun Nicholls: Read and change site data
Hi Liking the extension, great work! I'm a bit concerned when it comes to online banking in that it can read and change site data. Am I still safe & secure to use this extension?
- (2020-05-06, v:4.9.8) DDPWE: Dark Reader doesn't work after reload anymore
Just recently, within the last week or so, dark reader will work on initial load of the page. However, whenever I reload it, it just fails, literally 100% of every reload, until I turn it off and then back on again. Which is extremely annoying when you have quite a few tabs open. This was NOT happening before, ever. I was able to reload pages and never have it fail. What did I change.....nothing, as the last piece of software update was 3 weeks ago for windows.
- (2020-05-06, v:4.9.8) Henrik Østergaard: Ability to have it automitically turn of or on during spesific times
During the day I prefer having light themes because it's easier to read in the brightness, but during evening and night I would like to have it dark to lessen the light and be easier on the eye. I know I can easily turn it on or of, but I easily get lost in what I am doing, so automating it would be nice. Just make it turn of and on during spesific times of the day. Hell, if you wanna be fancy you could make it compare the current time local time with a table of when the sun rises and sets in the area and have it turn of and on at those times so it adapts to the time of the year. If you want to be *really* fancy it could slowly transform with the daylight as the sun sets and rises for a smooth and uninterubted experience.
- (2020-05-05, v:4.9.8) Mihai Priboi: .pdf are dark
I think is from the last update cause it was not like this a few day ago. It turns .pdf dark, and on most of them it's not very nice. I understand why you would not change it, but can you make it a option or if not maybe say the line of the code or something to change it.
- (2020-05-02, v:4.9.5) Ansel Rosso Klakovich: Toggle at top of ui for turning theme on/off has disappeared
Toggle at top of ui for turning theme on/off has disappeared
- (2020-05-02, v:4.9.5) Umaid Iqbal: Auto Switch Mode
I have been using your tool for quite some time. I think their should be an auto switch mode where the colors switch as the sun goes down, as I use this tool mostly during the evenings. Thanks