Dark mode for every website. Take care of your eyes, use dark theme for night and daily browsing.
This eye-care extension enables night mode creating dark themes for websites on the fly. Dark Reader inverts bright colors making them high contrast and easy to read at night. You can adjust brightness, contrast, sepia filter, dark mode, font settings and ignore-list. Dark Reader doesn't show ads and doesn't send user's data anywhere. It is fully open-source https://github.com/darkreader/darkreader Before you install disable similar extensions. Enjoy watching!
- (2020-09-20) abdeslam chettout: great app !
- (2020-09-20) x x: たまにうまく適用されず文字が見えないときがある
- (2020-09-20) srikar kodakandla: best of all bark mode apps availible for chrome
- (2020-09-20) Minh Hoàng Thái: better than Deluminate
- (2020-09-19) Mong: duma tuyet voi
- (2020-09-19) cação viola: Eu nunca avaliei uma extensao, mas essa tive que avaliar. Com certeza, é o melhor que existiu até hoje. Funciona redondinho
- (2020-09-19) lenivec: с некоторых пор перестало корректно отображать страницы, требуется обязательное обновление страницы и тогда становится нормально
- (2020-09-19) Vlad Oleksenko: Расширение топ, интересует вопрос БЕЗОПАСНОСТИ. Что бы изменить сайт, алгоритм считывает его содержимое (вместе с паролями, личными сообщениями,...). Разработчик указывает, что данные никуда не отсылаются, да и на гитхаб есть открытый код, не сильно в этом шарю. СТОИТ ли ПЕРЕЖИВАТЬ, КТО ЗНАЕТ?
- (2020-09-19) Dmytro Smenov: It is cure for my eyes. Excellent extension. My recommendation.
- (2020-09-19) Enzo Barione: muito boa agora posso usar o Chrome sem ficar cego, a extensão acaba usando um pouco de ram em algumas paginas mas isso é inevitável.
- (2020-09-19) tran xuan phuc: sửa lỗi đi ad mở watch trên facebook bật cái này có quảng cáo,tắt đi thì ko thấy quảng cáo
- (2020-09-18) Kazbar: 超讚
- (2020-09-18) Csgoooze: Its good
- (2020-09-18) Stanislav Granovskiy: Лучшее дополнение для хрома!
- (2020-09-18) Abir Prashant Suryawanshi: It is better than turn off light Extension because we can tap anywhere in this app.
- (2020-09-18) xunyu song: 你们无敌了
- (2020-09-18) wliang cao: awesome
- (2020-09-18) asdruval mendoza: Excelente... muchas gracias desarrolladores...
- (2020-09-18) Thư Hoàng Văn: Tuyệt vời, tiện ích giúp mình đỡ mỏi mắt khi đọc lâu. Tốt hơn "Dark mode" của chrome và Nighteye.
- (2020-09-17) Hawkjuin: WOW
- (2020-09-17) Ricardo Paiva Renesto: Ótimo
- (2020-09-17) Technical Om: ITS WORKING PERFECT
- (2020-09-17) Matt Baker: Exactly what I wanted. Seamless integration with no lengthy configuration up front. Just works. So much easier on the eyes.
- (2020-09-17) gabriel PLAYS this: its rlly good must try
- (2020-09-17) jason pang: Very good! Thanks!
- (2020-09-21, v:4.9.19) Laura Melling: How to disable image inversion?
On many websites, the background images and some other images are inverted. I do not want this to happen. Is there a way to disable inverting any image?
- (2020-09-18, v:4.9.19) Damon Blais: DarkReader loads Facebook in the Background
Seriously, why does it need to do this? Using Shift+ESC one can see that DarkReader holds two Subframes for "www.facebook.com" in the process list, consuming about 60MB of system memory per. This represents a cause of concern for my privacy, and makes me consider removing DarkReader from the recommended extensions list on TopChromeExtensions, Reddit's "Technology/BestChromeExtensions" and 4/g/chrome. However, I do not want to do something so hasty without first contacting you, the developer, to question why this happens, and if you would consider fixing this.
- (2020-09-17, v:4.9.19) Max Graubert: GroupMe
I believe dark reader is causing web.groupme.com to crash. Please look into it.
- (2020-09-07, v:4.9.19) Herbert Samuels: Dark Reader icon does not appear.
I'm using the latest version of Chrome and the latest version of Dark Reader. The Dark reader icon does not appear at the top of Chrome in line with address box. To use Dark Reader I need to go to the extensions web page to turn it on and off. I suspect it maybe a problem with the latest version of chrome since a similar extension (which I don't like as much) also does not show the icon at the top of Chrome. Any suggestions? Thanks
- (2020-09-07, v:4.9.19) Cain Atkinson: Apple Music incompatibility
I want to use Dark Reader with Apple Music, and it works mostly fine (such as while looking at your library or browsing), but when looking at an album or playlist the top bar and the buttons in the bottom left turn bright white.
- (2020-09-06, v:4.9.18) Big Noob: Inf loading
my dark reader is infinitly loading, again, send help
- (2020-09-06, v:4.9.18) Trevor Kafka: Highlighted text
Hello! Highlighted text is currently extremely difficult to see. I love basically everything else about the extension though! If it were possible to adjust the way that highlighted text gets displayed on sites, that would be super awesome! :)
- (2020-09-05, v:4.9.18) Christian Waits: FEEDBACK ON LATEST UPDATES
After much looking into the matter and several tests, I was able to determine what is happening with the extension since the latest updates. At least in my case, but from other comments I see, it's happening to a lot of people. I use the extension "Disabled on all websites" by default, and I enable it in the sites I want. I had about 30 sites configured as "custom". After the 4.9.17 update, the last ones I had added disappeared and I couldn't add or remove any website. When I added one and closed the browser, when I reopened it, the website was gone. And if you remove one of the already configured ones and restart the browser, the site returns as it was. If one resets all the settings (which deletes all the previously saved websites) and starts adding websites again, everything works ok. THE PROBLEM is that when you reach site #19 configured as custom ("Theme for this website" with the star at the beginning) the extension doesn't admit any more configuration changes. Site #20 is no longer saved or in some cases it is saved, but always with the default theme, it does not support more than 19 "custom" sites. This is why anyone who has less than this amount configured will not notice any changes. And those that before had more than 19 sites (as is my case), the last ones will disappear and the user will not be able to save any change they make (which is what several users have been reporting). The solution I found for the moment is the following: 1) Reset all settings. 2) Add the sites that you are interested in, taking care not to exceed 19 sites configured as custom. 3) You can create 3 personal themes (Theme 1, 2 and 3) and incorporate sites to those 3 themes. This way you can add sites without limit. And you can also continue adding sites to the default theme (Theme for all websites). But at no time should there be 20 sites that say "Theme for this site" with the little star in front. Because from then on the extension is ruined. I hope all this psicodelic-strange behaviors will stop when they finally release the 5.0 version.
- (2020-09-05, v:4.9.18) CJ Navarro: I see weird things on this extension.....
I see an EXCLAMATION POINT(!) on the Dev Tools, what's happening?
- (2020-09-04, v:4.9.18) Lokman Afandy: how to enable chrome flag to enable dark reader on restricted page?
is it working on chrome web store too?
- (2020-09-04, v:4.9.17) tielknight: Resetting site list on close / reboot
The extension no longer functions properly and seems to reset the site list to a earlier state upon reboot or close / re-open of the browser. Adding/removing additional sites has no effect and they simple get removed or re-added again once restarted. Please look into this.
- (2020-09-03, v:4.9.17) Christian Waits: Extension completely ruined
The latest update (4.9.17) completely ruined the extension. It's a real shame, because it used to work very well and now it's practically unusable. No settings can be saved, because when you restart the browser, any changes are lost. Consequently, you cannot add any new sites (nor remove the ones you had previously added), since when you close and reopen Chrome, everything reverts back to the way it was before. Literally anything that is changed in the settings is lost when you close the browser. Even the options of the extension itself, such as disabling it by default. When you close and reopen the browser, everything returns to the way it was before. Additionally, the domain "google.com" is always enabled, even if you remove it from the site list, when you open the browser again, it is always there. And several of the sites that I had added and configured, disappeared from the site list and now I can not add them again, because any change is lost when you simply restart the browser. Sometimes it's really hard for me to understand how could an update like that be released without a minimum testing of something so basic. I hope you can fix it soon, because as of today, the extension is completely ruined and almost useless.
- (2020-09-03, v:4.9.17) Daniel M: Changes to "Not invert listed" not saving
I removed some sites from the "Not invert listed" list and if I close and reopen Chrome they are back again, like the changes aren't saving.
- (2020-08-31, v:4.9.16) Zach Joseph: Is there any way to set times to enable dark mode?
For example, if I want dark mode to be turned on at 8:00 PM and/or light mode to be turned on at 6:00 AM.
- (2020-08-24, v:4.9.16) Ellias Jovel: The extension
This extension seems to be bugging out for me. It's no longer putting on dark mode and when I click on the extension it does nothing. I am using brave as my browser so I am not sure if that is the issue, but if it is that sucks a lot.
- (2020-08-17, v:4.9.16) Yen Pham: Changing keyboard shortcut to enable dark mode
Is this possible?
- (2020-08-15, v:4.9.16) Wind in Valley: Где кнопка Скачать?
Уважаемые! Открыл обзор вашего приложения и не вижу кнопки скачать. Где она?
- (2020-08-15, v:4.9.16) aaa bbb: Failed - Server problem
Able to download other Extensions, but not this one... Reinstall, reboot - no fix.
- (2020-08-14, v:4.9.16) Hisham Farag: Can't install the theme
Can't add this theme to my chrome issue in adding although my chrome is up-to-date.
- (2020-08-08, v:4.9.16) Tim Van Patten: PDFs are inverted and Dark Reader can't be disabled
I'm unable to turn disable Dark Reader for PDF sites. For example: https://www.khronos.org/registry/OpenGL/specs/es/3.1/es_spec_3.1.pdf While the base site can be toggled: https://www.khronos.org I have Dark Reader disabled for https://www.khronos.org, but it's still enabled when viewing the PDF (which inverts it and is difficult to read) and can't be disabled.
- (2020-08-07, v:4.9.16) Levi Cook: Blacklist/Whitelist?
In google docs is turns images to negatives. Also if you have filled squares in black it turns them white. I understand this happening because of how the extension works, but can we get a blacklist so we can opt out of using the addon on specific domains? Thanks
- (2020-08-07, v:4.9.16) Natan Meir: Where is the icon?
I don't see the icon on my toolbar and can't get it to appear. Suggestions?
- (2020-07-29, v:4.9.16) Agent S: Chrome Web is not supported
It will complete your extension. Just saying, otherwise i love it,. Awesome work
- (2020-07-28, v:4.9.16) Christian Waits: A couple of new issues
Starting today, with version 4.9.16: 1) The button "enable/disable for current website" doesn´t work on Google.com.ar (the home page for Google in my country). However, it does work on Google.com. I didn't try other country domains. Since that button doesn't work, if you have the application enabled for the site, it works normally but you can't deactivate it, unless you disable the whole extension (for all websites). 2) When you click on the "Dark reader" icon the main menu always appear scrolled to bottom. That didn't happen before and it's a little annoying, because you open the menu and always have to scroll all the way up first. I think it would be best to modify the size of the user interface, so that it does not need scrolling and you can always see the whole menu. Anyway this is a great extension, I'm sure you will solve the issues, thanks in advance and keep up the good work.
- (2020-07-26, v:4.9.15) Lucas Juhás: Just stopped working
Suddenly the program stopped work, 1 or 2 hours ago it was working normally, now it doesn't, the extension menu never loads.