Night-mode for the internet. Apply a highly-visible dark theme to all webpages.
Night Mode for the internet – helps alleviate headaches, migraines, and most computer related eye uncomfort. Try the #1 Accessibility app in the Chrome Web Store. As seen on LifeHacker! Join over 250,000 people who use Hacker Vision every day. Apply a high-contrast, eye-relaxing dark theme to the entire internet. Choose and save which pages to display normally, and which are dark. Hands down the best app out there to alleviate headaches, migraines, relax your eyes, and just looking awesome. Completely FREE for the first 6 months and only $2.99 per YEAR after. === Benefits === -Reduce eye strain -Alleviate migraines and headaches from viewing monitors -Increase battery life. -(allows you to lower your brightness and still read easily) -Helps NOT disturbing others next to you in a dark room -Feels natural for coding and programming with a dark theme text editor -Feels like Vim and sublimetext- use with Vimium for the full experience -Perfect for night browsing and privacy surfing around others at nighttime -Because night mode for the internet! === Features === -works on ALL websites - (note: no extensions work on "chrome://" urls or local files( "file://" )) -tailored optimizations for popular websites -choose which pages to run it on and save your settings -decreases eye fatigue -extends battery life -will not disturb people next to you with brightness -helps prevent migraines (accessible) -helps if you have glaucoma -safe & secure - uses no unnecessary permissions -constantly updated and maintained === Use === To switch between Normal and HV, click the "h" icon in the address bar while viewing the site, and simply choose ("Hacker Vision" or "Normal"). Your settings will be saved so you only have to set it once. KEYBOARD SHORTCUTS: 1. Global Pause ON/OFF HOTKEY: CMD+SHIFT+FN+F11 (MAC) or SHIFT+F11 (PC) 2. Toggle current page between Normal and Hacker vision: same as above but press F12 instead Change the way you browse with Hacker Vision! If Google has greyed-out your purchase button, paste this link into your URL bar: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/hacker-vision/fommidcneendjonelhhhkmoekeicedej?gl=US === What's New === Update -- 03/11/2018 -- 2.60 -- FIXED Chrome 65 breaking everything BUG -- Make sure you are updated to v2.6! Visit "chrome://extensions/?id=fommidcneendjonelhhhkmoekeicedej" and press the Update button at the top! Update -- 12/28/2016 -- 2.51 -- Major release, many fixes and features Update -- 09/04/2015 -- 2.41 -- Fixed to work with Chrome 45+, less conflicts, smarter backgrounds, better contrast. A+ Update -- 06/21/2015 -- 2.39 -- Fix Gawker sites - Jalopnik, Gizmodo, io9, Lifehacker, Deadspin, Gawker, Jezebel and Kotaku. Update -- 05/21/2015 -- 2.37 -- Fixed Doxygen flow charts Update -- 04/25/2015 -- 2.36 -- TWICE AS FAST + all movies should work 100% now + better image detection. Update -- 04/18/2015 -- 2.33 -- Fix Google bug, update FAQ. Google Maps now has a cool dark theme. Update -- 04/11/2015 -- 2.30 -- Completely NEW Algorithm – with over 85% better image detection than v2.25. Almost ZERO pictures get messed up now, and the white flash has been minimized. And a BIG Thank You to everyone who stuck with me through the update. Update -- 04/09/2015 -- 2.25 -- Fix Outlook, fix Feedly, and other web sites – All previous bugs associated with the update are now FIXED. Thanks for being patient. Update -- 04/07/2015 -- 2.24 -- Google error now fixed, fixed annoying 'Try Again' screen error Update -- 04/07/2015 -- 2.19 -- Fixed bugs where screen was black or blank, and pop-up errors, try again button now actually tries again *facepalm* Update -- 04/06/2015 -- 2.14 -- MAJOR Release- New UI, Fixed DuckDuckGo and GUI issues, Tons of updates, fixed white page bottom bug, more site fixes, Retina display bugs, Reddit share button added, new options/help page.HV is now FREE for the first 6 months and only $2.99/yr. Update -- 02/06/2015 -- 1.34 -- Youtube has been FIXED, embedded vid previews fixed, thanks for your feedback. Remember to Donate! Update -- 01/29/2015 -- 1.32 -- Fix equations on wikipedia (+big update coming soon) Update -- 09/06/2014 -- 1.31 -- Macbook Retina screen fix! + Vimeo fix! Update -- 08/08/2014 -- 1.30 -- Fixed YOUTUBE FULLSCREEN + now accepting donations! Update -- 05/26/2014 -- 1.28 -- No more white flash between screens! (or significantly reduced) Update -- 05/25/2014 -- 1.27 -- Fixed Wikipedia equations now display properly! Update -- 02/05/2014 -- 1.25 -- Updated to work better with newest version of Chrome(32), restored contrast on sites Update -- 12/09/2013 -- 1.24 -- Merry Christmas everyone! Fixed Youtube!! + Vimeo fix. Help support Hacker Vision by donating Bitcoins: 178WvhB5SPSwMe4pyng6rbKMhkzb3jpL88 Update -- 06/28/2013 -- 1.20 -- Fixed imgs! Temporarily removed ads. Update -- 03/26/2013 -- 1.17 -- BEST VERSION EVER! Fixed major bug with Chrome 26. Updated to preserve images and videos as they were intended! Fixed Facebook bug with Chrome 26(tested OSX)! Google Maps is now easier to read! Requires Chrome 26 or higher. Improved 64px imgs. Update -- 01/13/2012 -- 1.10 -- Much Faster loading time! Added ability to share by email. Bug fixes. Update -- 12/05/2012 -- 1.00 -- OFFICIAL RELEASE! Bug fixes + better rendering! Update -- 11/30/2012 -- 0.99 -- It's now easier than ever to tell your friends with Facebook, Twitter and G+ share buttons! Update -- 11/22/2012 -- 0.98 -- Video playback is now FIXED on 95% of websites!! Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Update -- 11/17/2012 -- 0.95 -- Added Pause/Resume button so you can easily turn Hacker Vision off during the day and on at night + Inverted photos fix on some websites + Performance improvements! === Privacy === -Hacker Vision only requires the necessary permissions to work across ALL websites. -No user data is viewed, recorded or used. -No personal data is accessed at any time, ever. -FREE for 6 months Hacker Vision is constantly updated and improved. If you FIND A BUG or would like to SUGGEST A FEATURE, please email me(before leaving a negative review) at [email protected] - and I will do my best to help you. If you feel that this extension has helped your life (and your eyes) please tell your friends!
- (2020-01-11) 小楼夜上: 增加定时功能 例如从下午6点到明天早上6点一直开启黑暗模式 Add timing function, such as turning on dark mode from 6pm to 6am tomorrow 开启黑暗模式后会导致ImTranslator气泡翻译图标和BiliBili视频预览反色 When dark mode is turned on, it will cause ImTranslator bubble translation icon and BiliBili video preview to reverse color.
- (2020-01-06) Felix Lanzalaco: Here we are 2020.. and it still takes my payment.. then doesnt let me use it...
- (2019-11-03) Rich Yelland: Works perfectly, although with Windows 10 HDR, Facebook in Chrome is very black and not usable.
- (2019-10-03) Tik Tok Free Fire: như los
- (2019-09-28) Echo Johnson: Alipay or Paypal plz
- (2019-09-08) محسن ابن جراح: lljh.
- (2019-08-09) Nickoloss 69: Bad, we do not see some images anymore, the publisher must make an update to correct this problem, but we are still waiting, and no assistance from the publisher who never responds to messages No sérious
- (2019-06-30) Frank Booth: In my case the "six month free trial" turned out to last only two weeks or so. And if you peruse the reviews, it seems like a pretty problematic extension even if you buy it.
- (2019-06-06) xu mr: 眼睛放松了很多，希望开通支付宝付款方式
- (2019-05-17) Jimin Pak: Garbage app that will set up a scam on your computer that will send a pop up to your screen asking for google account information and payment. Do not install!!!
- (2019-05-12) Piotrek Trojan: does not working while reading documents in google docs
- (2019-04-09) Julie Eberwein: I can't get it off Tell me how
- (2019-04-03) That one Brawler: You are a lier, there are not 250000 people using it!
- (2019-04-02) Bruce Burns: For some reason this was disabled this morning and I spent 10 minutes trying to figure out which extension made it work because shift-F12 is EASY. Finally I figured it out. This might be one of my all time favorite apps. When I have the 2.99 I will certainly purchase it. Thank you Hacker Vision.! Oh I tried several other extensions thinking I might have uninstalled it by accident but they do not compare.
- (2019-03-13) Milo Schell-McGaw: Nobody download this extension. The guy who designed this must of just been too dumb to turn on inverted colors. DO NOT PAY FOR THIS. It's a bullcrap scam and if you want everything to be dark just turn on inverted colors. its built into every OS and is titles "inverted colors" or "high contrast mode"
- (2019-03-08) Víctor Vallina: Lo probé para ver que tal pero realmente es un asco y una vergüenza que cobren por usar esto Google ya esta por sacar el modo nocturno así que no se metan a colocar esta basura en su navegador
- (2019-03-03) Aiden Gomolka: this does not let me watch YouTube and i am 11 so i don't like is and i am a fast typer!!!!!!0_0
- (2019-03-01) Имия Фамилья: Say NO for extension payment!
- (2019-02-12) Fumiya I: Scam? I've been subscribed the item 2+ years. My favorite thing. but now, I placed payment one week ago and the item not enabled yet despite of the payment have already done. maybe I'll pay again once :/
- (2019-01-07) 李泓洋Vic: 有大佬告知一下怎么购买么？点击升级，跳转到应用商店页面，但是提示无法获取价格信息。怎么办？
- (2018-12-08) pig Pixel: 护眼模式, 看代码等很喜欢, 但是购买受阻...作者能否开放其他付费渠道,如支付宝,微信等.
- (2018-12-07) Simeon Georgiev: I experience at home strange problems. I like extension and somehow it's tuning colors to website I use. But yesterday I upgrade my pc hardware and reinstall all windows, and now begin to show a lot of wrong images or videos with negative effect /as it was in beginning/, may be will fix itself again, but want to share my experience with reinstall and I use same google account.
- (2018-11-03) Jenny Nelson: Well my free trial is up and now it won't let me buy it, a little box keeps popping up saying 'We are unable to process your order at this time, but we will do so as soon as possible. Please check again here later. If you wish, you can cancel this purchase before we process it.'
- (2018-10-14) mais tros tros nul
- (2018-10-12) Scott McMillin: terrible . pops up constantly . have to remove completely to get any work done. don't do it. I take it back. it is not easily removable. it is essentially a virus tha twill push a huge pop up in your screen every 15 or so seconds until you empower it do do what it wants, which is not made clear.