Beautiful dark mode for all websites. Protect your eyes when you surf in dark enviroments.
IMPORTANT : Disable website's native dark mode to prevent any clashes. - Sauron doesn't collect any data however, it needs access to all sites to be able to modify them. USE A DARK THEME FOR BEST EXPERIENCE Sauron makes late-night working and web surfing comfortable for your eyes by making a dark mode for all the websites you visit. Dark Mode / Night Mode for all websites. Now has a whitelist! Features: 0. No White flash. 1. Intelligent Dark Mode / Night mode makes beautiful dark mode without ruining the original design. 2. Image Filter reduces the brightness of large images automatically. 3. Blacklist and whitelist available. 4. Scheduler to Schedule dark mode according to the time of the day. 5. Fast and optimized code with little to no noticeable performance overhead. 6. Works on all websites including complicated word processors so you can work late at night comfortably. CHANGELOG v1.3.3 - Fixes and Improvements - 1. Added whitelist. 2. Fixed inverted images. 3. Fixed Sauron on locally hosted webpages. 4. Added a stroke on icons to prevent invisible icons on some websites.
- (2022-04-18) I Donotexist: Decent extension except, it makes the search bar on google play not seeable or accessible and, makes some dialogue on FB too light to read & some fonts on other pages too dark to read
- (2021-06-09) Дарко Бабић: best darkmode ever, it works on old chromium versions
- (2021-04-29) Les W: Would find this absolutely perfect if it wasn't for the fact that some of the text goes dark when typing in search bar in eBay and also on Facebook, didn't used to happen only just recently but a pain having to keep disabling then re-enabling the app once I've viewed said text, not sure why this is happening..?
- (2021-04-15) Aaron Su: Google Slides text are white and transparent but every other website is good, hope you can fix Google Slides
- (2021-03-23) roy york: great job, bees knees, 5 stars, made "google search", and "whats on tv" a lot better. 🎼🎧🎼👌 peace
- (2021-02-24) NemophilistPNW: This has been working flawlessly on almost every website, I only found one bug. Thumbnail images on Facebook appear to have a negative image filter. Could you please correct this? Love everything else and I will keep using.
- (2021-02-05) Predsednik Mimoslavije Darko: Best dark mode extensions ever!!!!
- (2021-01-19) Sam Corrs: Works better than other extension, I rate it one of top 3. I recommend it
- (2021-01-16) nocturnal digitalist: Sauron - Dark mode for all websites is actually the extension that could give dark reader a tough fight. I was fed up with slow page loading both on desktop and mobile with dark reader and also there is no support or response only give money. I tried many and Sauron did the best. Somehow it shows white patches, somewhere completely dark, somewhere it is partial if the site has been site to dark mode or night theme or dim mode through its settings like twitter, reddit, youtube, android police, quint, DDG. I want dev to work on this partial thing and should work overall if it is activated and the site has its own. I was impressed so much that I decided to rate it at the next hour of installing but waited for a week to try and see issues and settings. It is great but not free from big issues. I really don't know why to disable the extension the page needs to be reloaded as this loses the written data and something like that. Dark reader doesn't refresh the page. There is no option to turn it off easily as dark reader has a dedicated button but if you research it a bit then you find it which is quite bad looking for one wants it to be easy. The dim button option is kinda working and kinda not. Then comes the biggest issue. I was using this extension on a site that was working in dark mode as the text was not visible so I decided to turn it off but nothing happened. I refreshed the page, unfortunately, but still, it was the same. I also tried to turn off the dim settings but still the same. So I decided to disable the extension and see if it works. Fortunately, it did. So now dev has to work on this issue because it is over 24 hours and I have kept your extension disabled due to that bug error until it corrects that. Also, consider these suggestions like no color filters (see dark reader on mobile extension), night shift redux, and optimizes the extension for mobile devices, and add your extension to the list of Mozilla addons on the mobile browser. I am using iceraven browser and firefox daylight browser and was using dark reader until now but started using yours on that too and loved it as it also improved the browsing speed that the dark reader was killing. I am also using your extension on the kiwi browser. I hope Rishabh Maheshwari will work on these things and will make me encourage it to more users. Please improve on those so that I can start using them on the desktop. And optimize for mobile browsers too. Thanks.
- (2021-01-06) ander5onm: Es mejor dark mode que he provado, todo funciona sin problema, aunque algunas paginas tienen inconvenientes pero nada que no se pueda solucionar.
- (2020-12-02) Kazriah DeBlu: Totally terrific! I just love this extension🤩 It really is a great remedy for my eyesight. Due to the fact that I'll be getting new glasses soon I had to darken the screen. Thank youuuuuuuuu sooo much!!!
- (2020-08-02) Skynet Robocop: Much better than dark reader which slows down rendering and causes huge cpu use on some websites that have refreshing
- (2020-07-24) Simple Believer: The BEST dark mode i've ever found personally. I use avast web browser, so the only thing is I would have loved it to work on the new tab page cuz it's so white, but this app doesn't make it dark. However, that's the only thing it hasn't worked on. Everything else goes dark including my youtube inbox, which is so white it's blinding (my yt is already on darkmode but even yt dark mode doesn't make inbox/dashboard section dark lol...I dunno why?? o.O...). But anyways, thanks developer. May Jesus bless you!! :)
- (2020-06-30) Neil: One of the few dark mode plugins that will make websites actually look good (and dark obviously)
- (2020-04-14) MoonTime: This is the best dark mode extension so far I ever found. This works for ALL webpages that I use, including graph pages. Amazing work.
- (2020-03-11) oh ok: whenever i am trying to do something that involves pictures it just inverts the colors on them it does it on all the other sites too
- (2020-03-05) Kayleigh Moore: Please add a blackslist/whitelist. Other than that, it is good. Edit: Nvm. Please add a way to customize dark themes.
- (2020-01-28) valeri vladimirov: Hi. Probably related to the same bug. Before opening a web page, a delay occurs and for a second it shows a white screen. When I restart the extension is fine.
- (2020-01-19) Big Island Baits: Just what i needed! Thx! 🤙🤙🎣🎣
- (2020-01-04) Chris Snyder: after trying several of these plugins this one seems to be the best at not breaking elements on some sites like amazon's menu bar for example. So I'll be leaving this one installed for a more thorough workout, and see if it will stand up to a proper web surfer...
- (2019-12-14) Andrej Novák: na niektorých stránkach necháva biele pozadie.
- (2019-11-29) Marc Schmidt: I installed a ton of extensions that do dark mode for web sites. None of them really worked for all web sites. With this extension I have not really found a website that does not work in dark mode. Only Intranet sites do not work and the extension crashes, which lead to the site not beeing usable anymore. I downloaded the extension source and fixed the issue in background.js where I had to change the regex for getting the domain to "/\w*:\/\/(\w*-*_*)*\.?(\w*-*_*)+(\.\w*)?/g". After that change the extension works really great.
- (2019-09-30) Luka Labudović: Hard to read hyperlink text, not all buttons get contrasting color, a flash of white color before page loads dark hurts your eyes, inverse color images, text on various sites is hard to read.
- (2019-09-27) Steve Marks: Do you make other extension for Chrome?
- (2019-09-09) Philip Freda: This is the best universal dark mode I have seen/used. There is one way to improve however. Currently, in Google Docs, the document is white below the current line. You can somewhat circumvent this my baking a bunch of blank new lines but this is a bit troublesome. Otherwise, great extension. Keep up the good work
- (2019-09-03) Arnab Basu: Great extension ! Big fan ....
- (2019-08-11) hurr durr: new update is awful fyi
- (2019-07-30) Robert: Turns gifs black on reddit! I am using RES (Reddit Enhancement Suite) and when opening a gif, it turns dark and I am unable to watch. It wasn't like this a few months ago. Thanks, great extension for work not to kill my eyes.
- (2019-07-30) Emir Mendoza: Sauron is almost perfect. However, it does not allow the "Mark All Read" messages and notifications on Facebook to work. Edit (July 30, 2019): Looking forward to that, thanks. Lately though, Facebook stories involving videos don't appear with this extension open.
- (2019-07-27) Alessandro P: noticeable slower than dark reader or stylus Uninstalled
- (2019-07-08) Frieren Rose: Great extension! Any plan of adding white list so that we can choose which website to not use dark mode? That will be awesome :)
- (2019-07-03) Santana Young: I don't know why it never occurred to me that an extension like this existed. Dark mode is so much easier for my eyes! I love this and nothing looks odd so far. Thank you for this!
- (2019-06-29) 李次亜ゆえ: 试用了了近十款同类插件,这是唯一一款不是简单反转颜色同时保留了高亮元素的,五星好评.希望能有更多的样式可供选择,目前来看是对dark mode比较好的补充
- (2019-06-08) Steve Montgomery: THE BEST Dark Mode extensions on Chrome. Alongside it goes Dark Reader.Also, don't try Dark Mode For Chrome. Its the WORST.
- (2019-04-20) David Vervloet: Absolute best!
- (2019-04-09) Devin: It doesn't work properly for soundcloud which I use extensively, I hope developers could look into it.Apart from that love the extension, great job you guys!!
- (2019-04-05) honey singh: amazing
- (2019-03-31) gingerbud123: Coloured text, such as blue links, seem to be very high in contrast. Other than that, this is really good!
- (2019-03-17) 11100100: Some sites, e.g. wikipedia, the text color is too hard to read easily.
- (2019-03-07) Neosoft: Works way better than Dark Mode for Chrome - unlike that one, images and such all display properly with this extension. I also found that objects on websites did not display correctly on the other plugin, but work fine with this one. This is definitely the dark mode you have been looking for.
- (2019-02-24) Anmol Garg: One of the best dark mode extensions I have found for chrome. The dark colour combinations are really good, which makes the websites look great. There is no noticeable overhead, which means it works seamlessly on any website. Also, if I don't need the dark mode for a specific website, I can just turn it off for that specific website. Fast, feature-rich and seamless dark mode extension. Do give it a try.
- (2021-03-03, v:126.96.36.199) Santiago Carrasco Moro: Dark mode does not enable automatically
Dark mode doesn´t activate at the hour I set, I have to recharge the page. It would be great if it could be enabled automatically. That is the only ''problem'' I have with the extension, everything else is great. The best dark mode extension I have used. Great job!
- (2020-09-20, v:188.8.131.52) Melissa Pflueger: webpages take forever to load
web pages take forever to load if i have sauron dark mode on for some reason on chrome windows 10.
- (2020-03-18, v:184.108.40.206) Skeptik: Image negatives
On some websites, with this extension turned on, some images and icons appear to have a "negative" appearance, like when you use the negative effect filter on an image. For example, this emojis on Facebook.
- (2020-03-05, v:220.127.116.11) Kayleigh Moore: Add
Can you add a way to customize themes? Thanks, From Cat Kayleigh Moore
- (2019-10-14, v:18.104.22.168) Hendrik Talvik: inverted image colours
With dark mode on, the colours of images get reversed when looking from a website (from a website based gallery etc). If I open up the image itself, then the colours are normal. With Dark Mode on: https://www.upload.ee/image/10594827/Dark_mode_on.png With Dark Mode off: https://www.upload.ee/image/10594828/Dark_mode_off.png
- (2019-08-03, v:22.214.171.124) Richard McWolff: Elements no longer colored
Hi, I belong to a set of forums on DAZ3D... go here to see them: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/categories/the-commons When one bookmarks a page using the little star at the top right of the thread it turns Gold... now the star doesn't, it stays gray like the non bookmarked threads. Is there a way to reintroduce elements like that to ignore your script and go with their default script set up so I can have my gold hilight back? There must have been an update that broke that. I'm an older gentleman so it's hard to discern which is bookmarked and which is not bookmarked when perusing the forums. Thanks so much for a wonderful add on... it's saved my eyes much stress and strain. Richard
- (2019-07-22, v:1.2.4) Nobody: Not working well for Google Sheets
Not sure is it because of the recent update, but the Google Sheets are all dark now and I couldn't see anything when I turned on dark mode :( . It used to be fine before this. Image example of the issue: https://imgur.com/a/p2RhUp9
- (2019-07-18, v:1.2.2) Ed Green: Google Maps Hamburger Menu
Loving your extension. The only site I've had to turn it off for is Google Maps on the web because I can no longer see the hamburger menu in the upper left corner. I use it often to select Location Sharing. I there anything you can do about that?
- (2019-07-11, v:1.2.2) rob zombie: youtube.com video thumbnails have now playing on all of them when this extension is enabled
youtube.com video thumbnails have now playing on all of them when this extension is enabled https://i.imgur.com/pKi20P2.png ^ Image of the issue
- (2019-03-15, v:1.1) Sunnan I. Rahi: Tab Bar is not Dark
I have added this extension in chrome. Everything went dark except the tab bar, search bar and bookmarks on the top. Why So?
- (2019-03-05, v:1.1) Brandon Dyer: Something is wrong here...
I'm curious as to why there's "anonymous google user" reviews promoting this extension on all the other dark mode extensions, yet there's only ONE review on this extension and it's over the top positive. Then, before installing, it makes you approve permission for the extension to view and change all information? There's no way that's happening.