Beautiful dark mode for all websites. Protect your eyes when you surf in dark enviroments.
IMPORTANT : Disable website's native dark mode to prevent any clashes. - Sauron doesn't collect any data however, it needs access to all sites to be able to modify them. USE A DARK THEME FOR BEST EXPERIENCE Sauron makes late-night working and web surfing comfortable for your eyes by making a dark mode for all the websites you visit. Dark Mode / Night Mode for all websites. Now has a whitelist! Features: 0. No White flash. 1. Intelligent Dark Mode / Night mode makes beautiful dark mode without ruining the original design. 2. Image Filter reduces the brightness of large images automatically. 3. Blacklist and whitelist available. 4. Scheduler to Schedule dark mode according to the time of the day. 5. Fast and optimized code with little to no noticeable performance overhead. 6. Works on all websites including complicated word processors so you can work late at night comfortably. CHANGELOG v1.3.3 - Fixes and Improvements - 1. Added whitelist. 2. Fixed inverted images. 3. Fixed Sauron on locally hosted webpages. 4. Added a stroke on icons to prevent invisible icons on some websites.
- (2020-04-14) Dpro: This is the best dark mode extension so far I ever found. This works for ALL webpages that I use, including graph pages. Amazing work.
- (2020-03-11) Anthony Hinten24: whenever i am trying to do something that involves pictures it just inverts the colors on them it does it on all the other sites too
- (2020-03-05) Kayleigh Moore: Please add a blackslist/whitelist. Other than that, it is good. Edit: Nvm. Please add a way to customize dark themes.
- (2020-01-28) valeri vladimirov: Hi. Probably related to the same bug. Before opening a web page, a delay occurs and for a second it shows a white screen. When I restart the extension is fine.
- (2020-01-19) Big Island Baits: Just what i needed! Thx! 🤙🤙🎣🎣
- (2020-01-12) Les W: Would find this absolutely perfect if it wasn't for the fact that some of the text goes dark when typing in search bar in eBay and also on Facebook, didn't used to happen only just recently but a pain having to keep disabling then re-enabling the app once I've viewed said text, not sure why this is happening..?
- (2020-01-04) Demon Seed: after trying several of these plugins this one seems to be the best at not breaking elements on some sites like amazon's menu bar for example. So I'll be leaving this one installed for a more thorough workout, and see if it will stand up to a proper web surfer...
- (2019-12-14) Andrej Novák: na niektorých stránkach necháva biele pozadie.
- (2019-11-29) Marc Schmidt: I installed a ton of extensions that do dark mode for web sites. None of them really worked for all web sites. With this extension I have not really found a website that does not work in dark mode. Only Intranet sites do not work and the extension crashes, which lead to the site not beeing usable anymore. I downloaded the extension source and fixed the issue in background.js where I had to change the regex for getting the domain to "/\w*:\/\/(\w*-*_*)*\.?(\w*-*_*)+(\.\w*)?/g". After that change the extension works really great.
- (2019-09-30) Luka Labudović: Hard to read hyperlink text, not all buttons get contrasting color, a flash of white color before page loads dark hurts your eyes, inverse color images, text on various sites is hard to read.
- (2019-09-27) Steve Marks: Do you make other extension for Chrome?
- (2019-09-09) Philip Freda: This is the best universal dark mode I have seen/used. There is one way to improve however. Currently, in Google Docs, the document is white below the current line. You can somewhat circumvent this my baking a bunch of blank new lines but this is a bit troublesome. Otherwise, great extension. Keep up the good work
- (2019-09-03) Arnab Basu: Great extension ! Big fan ....
- (2019-08-11) hurr durr: new update is awful fyi
- (2019-07-30) Robert: Turns gifs black on reddit! I am using RES (Reddit Enhancement Suite) and when opening a gif, it turns dark and I am unable to watch. It wasn't like this a few months ago. Thanks, great extension for work not to kill my eyes.
- (2019-07-30) Emir Mendoza: Sauron is almost perfect. However, it does not allow the "Mark All Read" messages and notifications on Facebook to work. Edit (July 30, 2019): Looking forward to that, thanks. Lately though, Facebook stories involving videos don't appear with this extension open.
- (2019-07-27) Alessandro P: noticeable slower than dark reader or stylus Uninstalled
- (2019-07-08) Frieren Rose: Great extension! Any plan of adding white list so that we can choose which website to not use dark mode? That will be awesome :)
- (2019-07-03) Santana Young: I don't know why it never occurred to me that an extension like this existed. Dark mode is so much easier for my eyes! I love this and nothing looks odd so far. Thank you for this!
- (2019-06-29) 李次亜ゆえ: 试用了了近十款同类插件,这是唯一一款不是简单反转颜色同时保留了高亮元素的,五星好评.希望能有更多的样式可供选择,目前来看是对dark mode比较好的补充
- (2019-06-08) Steve Montgomery: THE BEST Dark Mode extensions on Chrome. Alongside it goes Dark Reader.Also, don't try Dark Mode For Chrome. Its the WORST.
- (2019-04-20) David Vervloet: Absolute best!
- (2019-04-09) Devin: It doesn't work properly for soundcloud which I use extensively, I hope developers could look into it.Apart from that love the extension, great job you guys!!
- (2019-04-05) honey singh: amazing
- (2019-03-31) gingerbud123: Coloured text, such as blue links, seem to be very high in contrast. Other than that, this is really good!
- (2020-03-18, v:126.96.36.199) Death On Two Legs: Image negatives
On some websites, with this extension turned on, some images and icons appear to have a "negative" appearance, like when you use the negative effect filter on an image. For example, this emojis on Facebook.
- (2020-03-05, v:188.8.131.52) Kayleigh Moore: Add
Can you add a way to customize themes? Thanks, From Cat Kayleigh Moore
- (2019-10-14, v:184.108.40.206) Hendrik Talvik: inverted image colours
With dark mode on, the colours of images get reversed when looking from a website (from a website based gallery etc). If I open up the image itself, then the colours are normal. With Dark Mode on: https://www.upload.ee/image/10594827/Dark_mode_on.png With Dark Mode off: https://www.upload.ee/image/10594828/Dark_mode_off.png
- (2019-08-03, v:220.127.116.11) Richard McWolff: Elements no longer colored
Hi, I belong to a set of forums on DAZ3D... go here to see them: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/categories/the-commons When one bookmarks a page using the little star at the top right of the thread it turns Gold... now the star doesn't, it stays gray like the non bookmarked threads. Is there a way to reintroduce elements like that to ignore your script and go with their default script set up so I can have my gold hilight back? There must have been an update that broke that. I'm an older gentleman so it's hard to discern which is bookmarked and which is not bookmarked when perusing the forums. Thanks so much for a wonderful add on... it's saved my eyes much stress and strain. Richard
- (2019-07-22, v:1.2.4) Frieren Rose: Not working well for Google Sheets
Not sure is it because of the recent update, but the Google Sheets are all dark now and I couldn't see anything when I turned on dark mode :( . It used to be fine before this. Image example of the issue: https://imgur.com/a/p2RhUp9
- (2019-07-18, v:1.2.2) Ed Green: Google Maps Hamburger Menu
Loving your extension. The only site I've had to turn it off for is Google Maps on the web because I can no longer see the hamburger menu in the upper left corner. I use it often to select Location Sharing. I there anything you can do about that?
- (2019-07-11, v:1.2.2) chris pier: youtube.com video thumbnails have now playing on all of them when this extension is enabled
youtube.com video thumbnails have now playing on all of them when this extension is enabled https://i.imgur.com/pKi20P2.png ^ Image of the issue
- (2019-03-15, v:1.1) Sunnan I. Rahi: Tab Bar is not Dark
I have added this extension in chrome. Everything went dark except the tab bar, search bar and bookmarks on the top. Why So?
- (2019-03-05, v:1.1) Brandon Dyer: Something is wrong here...
I'm curious as to why there's "anonymous google user" reviews promoting this extension on all the other dark mode extensions, yet there's only ONE review on this extension and it's over the top positive. Then, before installing, it makes you approve permission for the extension to view and change all information? There's no way that's happening.