Listen to SomaFM web radio stations from your browser.
Changes: ## Version 0.0.1.8: - Volume control is no longer shown when a station is not selected. ## Version 0.0.1.7: - Updated station images, including adding missing images for some holiday stations. Thanks lukeart! ## Version 0.0.1.6: - Added volume control. - Fixed bug where incorrect or negative timestamps were shown for the recent tracks. - Station image now links to the station's page on SomaFM. ## Version 0.0.1.5: - Fixed bug where only stations matching the previous filter would be shown when closing and reopening the station menu. - Fixed bug where "No stations match" message would incorrectly be shown when you open the station menu without filtering. ## Version 0.0.1.4: - "Choose a station" menu focused by default when opening the extension, so you can hit Enter to see the list of stations. - Can type the name of a station to filter the station menu. - Added shortcut to open the extension; defaults to Alt+S (or Option+S on a Mac). ## Version 0.0.1.3: - Removed Last.fm scrobbling; see https://github.com/cheshire137/soma-chrome/issues/39. - Updated appearance, including showing station icons in the select menu. - Added tips for using SomaPlayer. - Now displays the last five songs for a station instead of the currently playing song. ## Version 0.0.1.2: - Fixed bug where Last.fm user link would not be clickable when you first authenticated with Last.fm. - Fixed bug where a notification might appear or a scrobble might be posted after you had paused the station, for a song you had started listening to. Version 0.0.1.1: - SomaFM station artwork is displayed for each station. - New appearance for dark and light themes. - Stations are now sorted alphabetically. - More accurate Last.fm scrobbles with album, MusicBrainz ID, and track duration included. - Tracks are no longer scrobbled as soon as they begin, but rather halfway through the song. - Notifications use the station artwork instead of the SomaFM logo. Version 0.0.1.0: - Add dark theme option. Version 0.0.0.9: - Change stations while playing without having to hit Pause first. - Keep station menu selected. Hitting Enter will play/pause current station. Use arrow keys or start typing a station name to change to that station. Version 0.0.0.8: - Update GitHub link. Version 0.0.0.7: - Dynamically pull stations from Soma so you always see the latest available stations. Version 0.0.0.6: - New icon thanks to @rustyhodge at SomaFM. Version 0.0.0.5: - Added stations ThistleRadio, SomaFM Live, and Earwaves. - Enable scrobbling as soon as you authenticate with Last.fm. Version 0.0.0.4: - Added stations Deep Space One, Folk Forward, Seven Inch Soul, and South by Soma thanks to Steve Millet. Version 0.0.0.3: - Updated to work with version 1.3.0 of http://api.somascrobbler.com/ - Show last known track info in the popup as soon as you start playing a station. Version 0.0.0.2: - Added DEF CON and Jolly Ol' Soul stations. - Fixed desktop notifications thanks to lantrix. Listening to SomaFM radio stations usually involves going to a station's page and downloading a .pls playlist file. You then have to open it in iTunes or some other media player. This extension simplifies that process by no longer requiring you to play the station in an external media player. You also don't have to navigate to an individual station's web page to download the .pls file. All the SomaFM stations are listed right in the extension's popup, accessible by clicking the SomaPlayer icon in your Chrome window. Choose a station and hit Play. The popup will update periodically to display the name and artist of the currently playing track. There are also desktop notifications that will tell you which song is playing; you can disable these notifications on the extension's options page. Scrobbling SomaFM stations automatically is not easy unless you use an external tool. Even the Last.fm Mac app, which normally scrobbles from what you play in iTunes, does not work when listening to web radio stations. This app lets you authenticate with your Last.fm account and will scrobble what SomaFM is playing as you listen to it. Scrobbling can be disabled on the extension's options page.
- (2019-12-01) Sami Faddade: Flawless.
- (2019-11-26) Ivan Oviedo: Simply great, the best extension in YEARS. Thank you very much!!!!
- (2019-03-01) Joel Hale: App is great. I occasionally run into an issue where I dont get sound for some time, then it appears to start playing again. Not sure if this is Chrome version related (v72.0.3626.119).
- (2019-02-22) Yes, great player! Works better than their own streams. Love the notification option for track changes. Thanks Sarah!
- (2018-08-18) Brian Hill: it's perfect.
- (2017-08-31) Mike Roufa: Captures the essence. So refreshing to see something so simple and useful.
- (2017-02-19) Absolutely awesome app! Would love to see a link to pick a random station :)
- (2017-02-09) Here is my fork with volume control, let's hope it gets merged: https://github.com/bencefrenyo/soma-chrome
- (2017-02-04) Michael Archangel: Excellent choice of channels playing wonderful musics for home or the office. I recommend to everyone. Thanks Soma :)
- (2016-09-14) Christiaan Adams: Very nice, just what I was looking for, thanks! Unfortunately missing volume control, since I like to have my music playing at a lower level, and have other things like notifications at the higher system volume setting.
- (2016-08-11) Fab - no muss, no fuss, just pure SomaFM!
- (2016-07-22) Patrick Enlow: Love it, best Soma FM App
- (2016-05-19) Martin Petráček: Super rádia Soma FM navíc bez reklam... Aplikace je jednoduchá a přehrávání bez problému funguje. Má propojení na last.fm (důvod stažení), což mi ale nyní nefunguje, i když se to v nastavení tváří jako OK. Aplikace SCROBLR funguje ok. Název písničky a interpret je navíc uveden jen při zapnutí rádia, jakmile aplikaci minimalizuji a následně zase maximalizuji, název a interpret se už nezobrazují.
- (2016-05-12) Bryant Eisenbach: Fantastic, minimal, works great. No complaints!
- (2016-04-26) Руслан Коновалов: Отличное расширение! Спасибо.
- (2016-03-06) Juha-Matti Saari: Simple and works right away :)
- (2016-03-04) Ilya Glebov: Works perfectly. Thanks.
- (2016-01-15) Dan Hawes: My new favorite app for my favorite internet radio station. Thanks!
- (2015-12-06) Coply Davis: near perfect but it'll randomly stop scrobbling for no known reason. pausing and replaying the station seems to fix it most of the time
- (2015-07-16) Grant Warkentin: Does exactly what it promises to do, works through work network no problems.
- (2015-07-01) Wonderful having a handy button for my favorite Radio Station of all time!
- (2015-04-26) Vanda Ploumistou: It works perfectly. Could you add Bagel Radio and Underground 80's though?
- (2015-03-28) Евгений Поцелуев: Отлично!
- (2015-03-14) Thanks for writing this extension this, Sarah! Its awesome!!!
- (2015-01-20) Steve Millet: Great extension. Easiest way to listen to Soma FM. Needs an update to add newer stations, Folk Forward, etc...
- (2018-01-07, v:0.0.1.1) Rod Stasick: Player works, but...
it doesn't scrobble to Last.FM. Pretty much what Kesley DM says below. Kinda defeats my desires since I can just as easily listen thru Sonos or their own website.
- (2017-12-15, v:0.0.1.1) Sami Faddade: Volume Control
Is it possible to add a volume control to the extension?
- (2017-06-21, v:0.0.1.1) Анна Горностаева: No Scrobbling
Hey guys. Please help me with scrobbling. Situation just like Kesley has. Thanks.
- (2017-06-04, v:0.0.1.1) Kesley DM: Doesn't Work
I disconnected and re-authenticated Last.fm multiple times and it still doesn't scrobble. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Also, notifications aren't showing up either.
- (2017-05-29, v:0.0.1.1) Олег Редькин: Notify on ubuntu 16.04
Hey. Thank you for the application. On ubuntu 16.04 no notifications are displayed - I can select a radio, but I do not see the current song (like, on screenshots, they are displayed). Is this a problem on my side?
- (2016-06-02, v:0.0.1.0) Daniel Peyrolon: Change volume from the station selector
It would be AWESOME to be able to change the player volume from the station selector.
- (2016-05-12, v:0.0.1.0) Bryant Eisenbach: Station descriptions on hover
When you hover over a station in the listing, display the description for that station. I like having that description sometimes :)
- (2015-09-07, v:0.0.0.6) Timothy Holdaway: last known track broken for past week
Last known track has been stuck and doesn't update for all stations for over a week.
- (2015-07-01, v:0.0.0.5) Option to Pop Out
Can you provide an option to pop out into a separate small window? I like having a mini chrome window like the SomaFM player that I don't close by accident. Also, remembering last played station would be great.
- (2015-06-21, v:0.0.0.5) Rohan Piyasena: volume control
Would be nice to have volume control in the drop down.