Encrypts/Decrypts selected text.
Right click on any selected text and click Rot13 to encrypt/decrypt it. The encrypted/decrypted text will replace the old on the page.
- (2019-12-03) marc wilson: Works to un-ROT, but doesn't ROT very well. No use for Facebook.
- (2019-03-17) Eric Scoles: Doesn't work.
- (2018-12-07) R M Gement: It works sporadically (often seems to only work once on a page, or possibly there is a formatting or punctuation issue that breaks it), sometimes not even able to flip back a text it just flipped once. It also strips out all formatting in between, so if I highlight a string of three comments, they become all one paragraph with the user icons removed. As I use this on Mark Reads, a community that uses partial rot13 to obscure parts of long conversational threads, this is not robust enough for me.
- (2018-02-10) Jess Austin: It works, and doesn't need any permissions.
- (2017-12-25) Brian S: Doesn't seem to work if any of the highlighted text contains punctuation. Makes translating paragraphs, or eve words with apostrophes, inconvenient.
- (2017-10-10) Sharon Hx: Works!
- (2017-01-08) Isabelle Knott: worked for me! the only problem is rot-13ing in a text box will work, but it doesn't actually change it's value, so submitting the form it's in will still be un-rot-ed
- (2015-09-11) K. P. Badertscher: Didn't work when I tried it. Selected text, right click, selected Rot13, the text just disappeared.