Easy printing on your HP printers
Today more than ever, companies need to support cloud-based printing services to help workers stay productive wherever they are, protect document confidentiality, and reduce print waste and costs. Users need a more secure, flexible, and easy to set up printing solution. Introducing the HP Print for Chrome extension. While basic local printing is supported natively in Chrome OS. The HP Print for Chrome extension is adding the ability for users to easily send print jobs to one of two HP cloud printing destinations: Print Anywhere (a premium solution that allows users to remotely print to their own printer) or HP Roam for Business (a for fee business oriented solution that provide users with the capability to release print jobs at any HP Roam-enabled office printer). Documents sent to Print Anywhere or HP Roam for Business are securely printed after the user authenticates and chooses to print them from their mobile device. Using the HP Print for Chrome extension gives administrators a simple tool to manage printing policies for user groups and individual printers. Controlling printer usage can lower costs for ink or toner and paper. When effective printing policies are set, end users are automatically directed to print on the appropriate printer, using the right setting for their usage type. Many frustrating printing mistakes can be avoided, saving time and helping to reduce printing expenses. Individual home/SMB users can download and install the extension from the Chrome Web store. For users on managed accounts, an IT admin can push the extension to all users in their organization via the force-extension install feature found in the Google admin console.
- (2021-04-11) Abel B: Works great as long as you login to your HP account.
- (2021-03-31) Valentyn Shybanov: Biggest issue: When printing using this extension, the page is scaled to 1/4 of the page without any ability to change to full page print (tried setting scale to 100% or default, margins, set "1 page per sheet" - nothing works). Workaround: Discover printer and print directly without using extension
- (2021-03-30) Thomas Luttrell: Works for printing (as the name says) from a Lenovo Chromebook to an HP Deskjet 3052A. I just wish there was something to scan from the printer/scanner to the Chromebook -_-
- (2021-03-25) Pedro Infante: Does not detect nor work for HP Laserjet 1020.
- (2021-03-24) Connie Lynne: This extension did not work with my chromebook to 3752 hp deskjet
- (2021-03-22) Walter Marcelli: Vede la stampante, ma è come se non riuscisse a usarla. Ho problemi solo sul Chromebook.
- (2021-02-27) Thu Ya Win: Doesn't work. I couldn't print to my HP1102W. The previous version of the app worked.
- (2021-04-13, v:1.0.1) Margaret C.: hp k80 printer w chromebox
can't print to the k80 - can you advise?
- (2021-03-30, v:1.0.1) Nathanael Ristow: EULA not accepting through policy in Google Console
The policy is set in the Google Console to automatically accept the EULA so that the EULA box does not pop-up when logging into the Chromebook in a Managed Guest session. However, since the transition to the extension versus the app, this policy no longer seems to apply correctly and EULA box pops-up with every new session.
- (2021-03-18, v:1.0.1) Daniel Edelberg: It doesn't work with HP P1102W
With the old version of this extension i made some prints, but with this version the printer is not working
- (2021-03-12, v:1.0.1) Yvonne Parrett: hp2652 printer
How do I delete the first page printed that says cover page? It wastes paper and ink
- (2021-03-11, v:1.0.1) Track Stumper: Extension update problems
Hi I can no longer print to my HP 1102w printer with the latest HP Print for chrome extension. The version installed states it is '1.0.1' and is only 5 7 MB. My partners 'old' chromebook still prints to the printer fine. Her extension version says it is '18.3.7' and is over 20MB in size. Could you please check and rectify this extension update problem. Thank you
- (2021-03-10, v:1.0.1) Tao Hua: Printing is scaled down ~25%
Trying to print with this extension on a Color LaserJet Pro MFP M477fdw and the print area is shrunk to about 25% of the page. If I scale up the size of print job, it will use multiple pages but still only print on 25% of the page.
- (2021-03-02, v:1.0.1) Joe Bloggs: New version of HP Print for Chrome
Why has HP considered it necessary to introduce what appears to be a new version of HP Print for Chrome? What is the difference between the new and the old version?