YouTube chat, but it's fast and sleek!
YouTube chat is laggy and CPU heavy. HyperChat solves all your YouTube chat problems with a much smoother experience! It features many performance improvements that reduce power and CPU usage, all while looking sleek and modern! HyperChat is compatible with other chat extensions such as LiveTL and ytcfilter. Fun fact: This extension was created by the same people behind LiveTL!
- (2021-05-11) Jan Gihr: As others have said already, way better performance than regular chat, but sadly no superchats on top (yet?). Would love this as an option.
- (2021-05-07) Nik: Very nice extension, but as people said above, would be nice to collect and show hyperchat messages somewhere. And maybe messages from verified YouTubers too? They are hard to catch live but I'd love to read them easily :) +1 for adding multiple styles too! Ideally there should be an "original youtube" style where basically everything stays the same (fonts, colors, sizes, etc) and only CPU usage is optimized.
- (2021-05-06) Priere: The only thing I wanted to add is the superchat like in regular. Everything else is freaking flawless though.
- (2021-04-26) Myth: Much better than the default chat.
- (2021-04-15) Brown: Works very well, but the UI could do with some tweaking, the usernames look really bad in bold especially with Japanese characters.
- (2021-03-28) Robert Volante: Does exactly what it says on the box, reduces CPU usage of my Ryzen 3600 by literally about 15% when active. Only thing I'd love is a little bit more customization options (colors, text size), and maybe an option to display older Superchat messages on top like regular chat. Looking forward to future versions!
- (2021-03-15) TheZyiu: It needs some adjustments here and there but it really is useful. My CPU agreeds
- (2021-03-14) Fahmi Fahrizal: Works like a charm! This really makes my CPU usage way lower than the normal CPU usage when watching a youtube livestream
- (2021-03-12) Kolten Kalinowski: Does what it says on the label and has a neat alternating colorscheme
- (2021-03-08) Arnaud Delacroix: Thank you so much Kento Nishi. As someone with a 5 year old CPU, this extension is a life saver.
- (2021-03-14, v:1.0.10) Serouzo Lee: Is it possible that spam messages get picked up?
So I'm watching Coco's stream who has set her chat to members-only mode and I know that the feature to distinguish members and admins in chat is available where members' names are green admins are yellow. However, I noticed that a lot of messages come in where the names are white. At first I thought it was a bug where some members appear as white in chat but by reading some of the messages I could tell they were spam from antis. I don't know how this extension works in the backend but is it possible that spam messages are being picked up through whatever API you are using? Possibly spam messages that somehow are being sent through some other API regardless of the members-only filter and still picked up by Youtube?
- (2021-03-09, v:1.0.8) Антон Савельев: Alternating message background colors,
Good day and thanks for your work! I am using the version bundled with LiveTL. I feel that for youtube's dark theme, the alternating black/gray backgrounds of chat messages are way too contrasting. Please consider making the gray background darker, or giving the user control over precise background color. Also, it seems that the text size is smaller than youtube's default, which compromises readability. Also, as I'm using the LiveTL bundled version, as of now Hyperchat conveys no information whatsoever to the user as of what exactly it does, which I found highly confusing. Thanks in advance.