QuietAds reduces the volume of ads on Twitch and Youtube. Hulu support coming soon!
(Very early alpha version) Ads can be annoying, but you don't want to block them because then your favorite Twitch streamers and Youtube channels won't make any money. QuietAds will automatically lower the volume on Twitch and Youtube ads, and it will remember the volume you set for ads and for streams separately. Current default ad volume is 10%. Hulu support coming soon!
- (2017-05-31) Yuni Byun: cannot block ads in twitch
- (2017-05-29) Ken Kafieh: 3.5 stars Overall its a big improvement but sometimes I notice that it doesn't lower the volume commercials and also prevents me from muting the commercial as well! Hmm...needs to be fixed
- (2017-03-18) Jordan Zanatta: Does what it says on the tin, and now I don't have to micromanage the volume during late night binge watching sessions.
- (2017-02-24) Alon S: THANK YOU! My ears thank you every day!
- (2017-02-09) smash229: May require chrome to be restarted to work correctly. Never had issues afterward.
- (2017-01-01) Terje Petter Leiros: Simple and elegant solution to something that shouldn't really have been a problem in the first place. I love it!
- (2016-04-16) Stephen C: Need a custom volume reduction option, or this plugin would not help much. Since different headphone may have different design that affect the volume output. Just like I use in ear headphones, and the volume would be much louder than other kind of head phone, since this kind of headphone make sound go directly inside the ear. This plugin does help a little, but it is still very loud after installed this plugin. Muting my computer volume to mute the twitch ad is a must, or my ears would bleed.
- (2016-04-14) Awesome! Ads that are louder than the twitch stream are really annoying.
- (2016-03-06) Ads are still surprisingly loud even at default 10%. But that's not problem of this app. This is great addon, thank you.
- (2015-11-29) Michel Michaux: Does what it advertises
- (2015-11-16) Ray Carro: Great App! Keeps Ad volumes down to a non-annoying level.
- (2017-09-01, v:0.24) Tobias de Groen: Out of date
Doesn't seem to support recently updated GUI of YouTube yet
- (2017-08-31, v:0.24) Hugo Fontes: Suddenly no longer working
It stopped working after YouTube last update. No clue why.
- (2017-07-01, v:0.24) Doesn't work on twitch
On youtube I see the checkbox and I think it works, but on twitch it definetly doesn't work.
- (2017-02-27, v:0.24) Thomas Giles: Volume Control
Works well, but I'd like to be able to tweak the volume change ideally. I don't mind listening to the ads; I just don't want my ears to be blown off ;P
- (2017-02-07, v:0.24) Paul Rhye: Not working anymore for me.
App stopped working with the recent youtube update.
- (2016-04-19, v:0.24) Kobus Eksteen: Ads in the middle of the video
At the moment your plugin works great when starting a video (even though it can take half a second for the sound of the ad to go down) but when I listen to movie soundtracks there are a lot of ads in the middle of the video and it seems the extension doesn't lower the volume for these ads. Could you add this functionality? Or am I using it incorrectly?
- (2015-11-29, v:0.24) Brian Calderon: Twitch
It doesn't mute non-skippable ads on Twitch.