Chrome extension that gets rid of ads + sponsored products on Amazon and eBay, and improves the layout and flow of the sites.
ShopSuey is a browser extension that hides sponsored products, reformats the page, and makes the overall online shopping experience way better. Currently, the extension only supports Amazon.com and Ebay.com but we’re working on cleaning up several other online retailers, including BestBuy, Target, and Walmart. ===== Release notes v1.2.0: - Improved support on Amazon + updated affiliate code ===== Frequently Asked Questions: Does this extension record any of my data? Absolutely not. Check the permissions when you install the extension, you never grant any permissions like that. In fact, there are no external calls at all. Does this cost any money to use? Nope, ShopSuey is completely free to download and use. How do you make money then? When you install this extension, we append our affiliate code to the products displayed on the page. This does not impact your shopping experience. If you complete a purchase, we get a small fraction of the total sale on some products. There is no cost to you and all of this happens behind-the-scenes. You can also disable this feature from the menu if you’d like. Isn’t this just a glorified userscript? Yes, it is. Is the code open source? Not really. When you download the extension, you get minified version of the full codebase. But it’s not a public repo on Github or elsewhere and lacks documentation. I may get to this in the near future if people are interested.
- (2022-05-20) luke l: works great but breaks some other extensions that i also use, like Keepa (for tracking prices).
- (2022-05-12) David Flood: Worthless Extension
- (2022-05-02) Angela W: I love the idea of it but it removed the bar across the top of amazon that had the links to departments, coupons, deals, customer service, etc. It also removed the links at the bottom of the page to access help and other things. Without the hamburger link (3 horizontal lines) that made a dropdown with the departments, I was forced to search and couldn't browse. It also took away the "Pay with Paypal" button on Ebay so I had to use another browser to make a purchase there. It took me a few days to figure out this extension was the problem and it is so annoying.
- (2021-05-06) Mark: Doesn't hide sponsored ads on ebay.com. What a POS. Deleted.
- (2021-04-28) Stanton McCandlish: Goes too far (at least without being able to restrain it). It problematically kills the "More items to explore" and "Sponsored products related to this item" scrollers on item pages, when it would be better to move them to page bottom. These features are often essential in both finding better deals on the essentially the same item, and becoming aware of competing products in the same segement that may be better than the item presently being examined. While there are users who might want to not see these, that needs to be an option configurable in the preferences. The key function of an extension of this sort is preventing the site from polluting search results with sponsored ads, and burying items you are actually looking for under layers of ads.
- (2021-04-11) Lyss: Hides the whole menu of amazon.de
- (2020-12-17) Rayna Kuzio: The only one I've tried that works instantly! I don't even have to adjust any settings; I just installed, refreshed, and all the clutter was gone! Thank you!
- (2019-05-20) keith gladstien: well, it works even on smile.amazon. that's a lot better than the results i had from trying 'amazon lite'.
- (2018-12-06) Farha Lina: Honestly made Amazon look so clean and easy to use! This is how the website SHOULD be.
- (2020-04-09, v:1.1.2) Rainbow Warrior Princess: Sponsored search results on ebay.com
I noticed that the sponsored items on the ebay.com search results page are not removed (anymore).
- (2019-02-19, v:1.0.5) Rainbow Warrior Princess: Suggestion: Support of other ebay & amazon country domains
Please support also other ebay & amazon country domains like .ca, .co.uk, .com.au, .de, .at, .fr, .es, .it, etc.