Browsing... 8 bits at a time. Transform web pages into a wanabee-8 bits version.
This is an experimental 8-bit transformation for Chrome. What is supported: - Change all fonts by something more Commodore-64-ish. - Pixelize images. - Reduce colors by using C64 16 colors palette. - Add full-page scanlines overlay. What is broken: - font is ascii -only, foreign languages are unsupported for now. - html content is changed once after loading. So no pixelization if images change. dynamically,
- (2021-04-24) LongTailCat 3: Not all of the images are pixelized thst is a probloem
- (2019-12-29) Justin Carroll: Awesome extension, really nice for watching Youtube videos of old 80s/90s video games, adds a more realistic look to those games. However, the "pixelize images" and "quantize colors" won't turn off. "CRT overlay" is the only option that will turn off and on. I tried old versions of Chrome (versions 54 and 50 from 2016) but I still had the same problem, so it's probably not Chrome. Maybe it's DirectX? I'm using DirectX 12. If I could at least turn off "quantize colors" it would be perfect because all I really want is the scanlines.
- (2019-03-03) Can you either add a second version with Blacker Blacks...or a way to adjust the Black because it looks a little grey. By the way...this is AWESOME for Playing the Pac Man Google Doodle from many years ago: Pac Man Google Doodle (turn on OldSkoolizer): https://www.google.com/logos/2010/pacman10-i.html Enjoy SUCKERS! ..Your Welcome.
- (2017-07-09) Nathaniel Perez Soto: can you make an extension that turns all website into nes
- (2017-11-25, v:0.1.2) Nico: Scanlines
So, I have no scanlines at all. IS it broken currently?