Speak It app converts text into speech. Select text > Speak it
Speak It app converts text into speech on any websites. Select words or paragraphs and then just listen. Useful and convenient Speak It for everyone in six supported languages. How to use: 1) select words or paragraphs 2) right click on this text 3) click Speak It to confirm in the context menu Features: Languages - English, German, Spanish, French, Portuguese, Russian Rate Pitch Volume
- (2020-07-07) Flávia Galdinna: Facilita muito a vida de quem tem textos extensos para ler, e tem a possibilidade de mudar a velocidade em que é lido.
- (2020-06-24) Georgios Labos: The only bug i hate is the "female" voice for english doesn't work. Whatever i choose "male" or "female" the voice is male. Fix it if possible thank you :)
- (2020-03-24) Rune Thorsen: Doesn't work with google documents
- (2020-03-08) dick rowilson becerra herrera: se corta el audio
- (2020-03-06) Omar Rodríguez: Inmediata y personalizable. Perfecta!
- (2020-02-06) Dursun Birinci: Türkçe seçeneği yok
- (2020-01-31) Vivian Le: One of the better TTS extensions. It reads fast enough compared to other TTS extensions that don't
- (2020-01-26) Jose A Resamano E.: se corta a medio leer el texto.
- (2020-01-04) Flausbert: works without problem and interruption. Thank you
- (2020-01-01) Chris Randle: Works as it promises to. Uses basic TTS engine in Chrome, but works on already open tabs without having to be reloaded. They are great!
- (2019-11-08) Javiera Yañez: Me parece muy buena porque la lectura es fluida, aunque el Speak It antiguo era mejor.
- (2019-10-02) vaibhav kaushik: It works only for few sentences only not even one full paragraph or a page. Developers kindly look into in this bug. Please add Hindi language for Indians.
- (2019-09-26) Emiaj Aragrev: Lee un poco y se corta. BASURA!!! Google elimino SpeakIt antiguo. Era el unico que funcionaba muy bien
- (2019-08-22) Tiaan Fourie: The text-to-speech extensions are terrible. Speak It is by far the best the Chrome Store has to offer, though it has its bugs.
- (2019-07-18) Timothy Mcfadden: This extension will steal your data. Google need to do a better job protecting people. https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2019/07/dataspii-technical-deep-dive/
- (2019-05-26) Clare Garcia: Didn't work
- (2019-05-20) PPP AAA: It didn't work at all.
- (2019-04-02) Lyndon Bramwells: Reads 20ish words then stops
- (2019-03-06) I Salman: Thank you
- (2019-02-13) Marcelo de Gois: a melhor que achei até agora
- (2019-02-07) its cool
- (2018-11-29) Markus Botha: Contains malware which changes my Google search lists. It adds about 10 generated link which leads to spamy webistes at the top.
- (2018-11-19) Jesse Locke: This is looking really good so far [day one]. I've only been using it for a few minutes so that's not much of a review window but compared to everything else free, with the exception of the no longer functioning, or at least not properly, "SpeakIt!" extension. Not many voice options but I'm grateful all the same. To work I go. Thanks guys.
- (2018-10-10) Halyna Ryfyak: In Russian it only reads a few words, not even a full paragraph.
- (2018-08-21) Greg Malone: This works, is simple, doesn't burden with ads or upgrades. Have chosen this one among all others for these reasons. Must note one bug. I hope the developer reads this. I read (have spoken) numerous articles related to astrophysics. Every single time the word "Sun" (our Sun, Sol) appears, the extension says "Sunday". UPDATE: Have determined that the Sun=Sunday bug occurs only in Microsoft Zira voice... i.e. not the extension developer's fault. Restoring 5 stars.