This extension adds a beautiful & clutter free reading mode for reddit.
Reading long reddit comments ( AskReddit, WritingPrompts, AskScience etc. ) is no longer a pain. Try Readr for Reddit, and view individual comments in a clean design, optimised for readability. Just press 'read' on any comment, and open up the Readr viewer. Works on all subreddits as well as self posts! Firefox and safari versions under development :D NEW : Night Mode, Alternate font style and a new options page! TIP : Press 'Esc' to quit the reader UI and go back to reddit. How To Use : 1. Install the Extension 2. Go to your favorite subreddit and open the discussion on the first interesting link you find 3. Under the post, press the 'read' button (Present besides the permalink button) 4. Happy reading While I have thoroughly tested this extension, this is still a one man operation and is very much in beta. Any Feedback / Question are welcome! Please Rate 5 Stars if you would like to support the development of this extension. ------------- FUTURE UPDATES ------------- 1. Firefox and Safari versions ! 2. Advanced share capabilities 3. Showing additional child comments to the view 4. Upvote link ------------------- Version 0.2.2 ----------------- 1. Shifted read button to the top of a comment 2. Added option to show read button under comment 3. Added option to switch between serif and sans-serif font style ------------------- Version 0.2 ------------------- 1. Added night mode for readr 2. Front Page self posts, Profile page posts supported 3. Other performance improvements ------------------- Version 0.1 ------------------- 1. Added 'read' button that opens up the optimized viewing mode 2. Added 'Gold' indicator and special indicators for comments by OP 3. Pressing 'Escape' closes the single comment view Inspired by the talented folks at Medium.
- (2019-11-04) Dante Murua: It's cool, but doesn't work for new theme. I would be more than happy to see it working on the redesign. Hope you can work it out!
- (2019-10-30) Mike Massari: Does not work with the new reddit layout. Would be great otherwise
- (2019-05-06) Alex Rudinski: Works great, excellent for long content like r/AskHistorians or r/WritingPrompts!
- (2019-01-03) SantiagoMG: It's beautiful but IT DOESN'T WORK FOR THE NEW THEME! :(
- (2018-07-21) Psyda: https://i.imgur.com/WUDswoD.png Something is wrong. Causes comments to lag out of every subreddit for 5+ seconds.
- (2018-06-18) Tin Paudenović: I used it extensively in the past though now that New reddit is upon us I fear it has lost functionality.
- (2018-04-04) AJ Hsu: The extension makes reddit comments unbelievably readable and beautiful. Thanks for the awesome work!
- (2018-04-01) Leighton Vuong: Great extension, my only gripe with it is that I wish that the read button would be at the top of a post instead of at the bottom (like comments). EDIT: Still no bueno, can't seem to find the read button above posts
- (2017-12-28) Niten Brah: This extension is genius!!! Thank you so much!!
- (2017-09-03) Mark Arambula: Very useful extension for Reddit. Thanks for creating this.
- (2017-07-23) Velnias Velis: Excellent tool. Thank you for this.
- (2017-03-16) Bogdan Calin: Great addition to reddit. It feels like using pocket :)
- (2016-11-30) Alexandra Daigle: I recommend this to every sub posting stories!
- (2016-07-09) Nishan Parvez: Great extension for people who have hard time reading small texts on computer screen.
- (2016-02-14) Jake Vogeley: awesome job.
- (2015-10-29) Yazid Ghanem: Best extension ever made
- (2015-10-06) Patrick Coffey: Really great extension. It's simple and does exactly what it says it will.
- (2015-08-30) Lucas Driscoll: This app is too beautiful, too seamless, too easy to use and too useful... :/
- (2015-08-06) Sidhhant Agarwal: A very simple and a nice utility,less strain to the eyes
- (2015-06-09) Jordan Selby: Very useful, does exactly what it claims.
- (2015-05-28) D.B. Sowell: I already use RES, but this makes reading the longer comments a lot easier. Don't so easily get distracted.
- (2015-04-14) Hà An Phạm: Absolutely beautiful.
- (2015-03-15) Stephy Miehle: Much better reading experience!
- (2015-02-16) Daniele Trapani: Fantastica estensione per leggere i commenti in un sito altrimenti illeggibile. La migliore funzione secondo me è la stima dei minuti che servono per leggere il post. 10/10
- (2015-02-04) Marc Grädtke: Great enhancement!
- (2019-12-24, v:0.2.3) Nick Kilburn: Extension possibly not working correctly
I downloaded this extension and while browsing reddit and the comments there is no "read" button available or anything new added for me to click on. There were no automatic visual changes applied when browsing either so I'm not sure if I am doing something wrong or if maybe the app is only compatible with old reddit? Any help is appreciated.
- (2019-08-07, v:0.2.3) Kasem Ahmed: Does this extension work well with reddit enhancement suite?
Or are there issues that come about when using both extensions at the same time?
- (2018-10-06, v:0.2.3) Dylan Lewis: Your readr extension
I have installed the extension and it won't show the word read, below the comment? I am using the new redesign if that is of any use?
- (2018-07-21, v:0.2.3) Psyda: Lag
https://i.imgur.com/WUDswoD.png Comment sections lagging out for 5+ seconds.
- (2016-12-03, v:0.2.3) Donovan Dix: Readr isn't working
My readr isn't working. When I click Read it goes to the screen but nothing happens. How do you fix this?
- (2016-11-30, v:0.2.3) Alexandra Daigle: Repositioning read button on self posts
Love the app, but it seems like on self posts, the button is only at the very bottom of the post, even when "place button at the top" is checked. Would be great to be able to read long text posts without scrolling all the way to the bottom.
- (2016-01-12, v:0.2.3) August Beard: Full Screen
Would love a full screen mode to get rid of distractions on my screen
- (2016-01-03, v:0.2.3) Jenny Le: Add the ability to change the font sizr
The font size should be able to changeable
- (2015-11-25, v:0.2.3) Ammar Githam: Using outside reddit
Hi, it would be awesome if somehow we could use Readr for highlighted lines on any website.
- (2015-10-28, v:0.2.3) Кристина Кобрина: Extension Buyout of Readr for Reddit
Hi, I am interested in acquiring your extension for a very good price. Please contact me at [email protected]
- (2015-03-10, v:0.2.3) Pulkit Arya: Back from Options Menu?
How do I return to the Readr from the Options Menu in the Reader? Currently, I'm pressing the "back " button of the browser to exit the Options menu which takes me out of Readr entirely.