Stops animations from distracting you while reading - just press the escape key [esc]... and press again to restore.
- (2020-09-14) Oliver Salzburg: Seems to work great in Edge
- (2020-02-13) Greta Harding: I want to like this but I find it problematic that after stopping the animation, if I scroll the page, the animation starts again – motion is problematic for me as it causes vestibular events. Please let the user control when animation starts again.
- (2019-12-17) Stas Bekman: Works. Thank you.
- (2019-11-06) S White: Didn't work at all for me
- (2019-10-30) Fred Chapman: This extension is fabulous! I'm reading through some software vendor help pages that use animated GIFs to demonstrate how to do things—it's a really nice way to present documentation, but it goes by too fast! Now I can easily pause and resume the animations just by pressing Esc. Thanks so much!
- (2019-10-02) J J: THIS EXTENSION IS TOTALLY USELESS. BAN THIS DEVELOPER.
- (2019-07-25) Justin Bussell: Doesn't work Pressing esc does nothing, clicking 'stop animations' goes to the extension page on google store.
- (2019-07-17) Mark: Extension is garbage. It does stop the animation, but as soon as you scroll the page you get to the next animation that has already restarted. Then you can scroll up and down and watch the animations continually restart and stop. More distracting than clicking on the "loop" button.
- (2019-05-19) Martin Burke: Thumbs up. Why not possible to auto stop without Esc?
- (2019-04-20) Sweet Songs for the Soul: Works PERFECT! Thank you!
- (2019-01-22) Inspecta Eclectic: Works!
- (2018-12-23) Ryan Brainard: Awesome, just what I was looking for. I like that it both stops animations immediately and you can press Esc again to resume.
- (2018-12-21) Maxim Pchelov: Чтобы заработало: после установки надо обновить страницу с анимацией
- (2018-11-21) Adrian Robert: I tried several animation stopper extensions, but this is the only one that worked. You have to hit 'Esc' (it would be nice if it just operated by default) but once you do that it stops them in their tracks. Hooray for bringing back a feature that Netscape 1.x had 20 years ago!
- (2018-08-07) Nick Brown: Seems to do nothing at all. Escape has no effect - adverts continue to flash away.
- (2018-05-10) Does absolutely nothing!
- (2018-05-03) Андрей. И: Фуфло ни чего не блочит !
- (2018-04-08) Дмитрий Голик: не работает
- (2017-12-07) Не работает вообще, ничего не блокирует, словно его нет.
- (2017-11-14) May Moreshet: Straight up doesn't work. The escape key does nothing.
- (2017-09-11) Alan Charlesworth: Doesn't block animated GIFs on NYT site
- (2017-07-26) Brian Jackson: As advertised. I use it for those clickbait articles that think they need 3 animated gif reactions in between every bullet point. Shuts those up at least.
- (2017-06-15) Brill Mistak: Love this extension! I have a lot of trouble reading text when anything is moving on the page, even little things like cycling pictures in a sidebar. I truly love that it stops EVERYTHING on the screen, regardless of whether it is a gif, movie, flash or whatever. Easy to toggle back and forth using the escape key if I want to click on a link. I really don't get some of the complaints here. For those who are having issues scrolling, it's easiest to hit the space bar rather than the arrow key. Even if you do use the arrow key, it only takes about a nanosecond for the extension to adjust.
- (2017-03-29) Tim Josling: Actually solves the problem for me. Thank you! Not perfect but 100% better than everything else I have tried. Note: You need to press escape to stop he animations. This means you need to ensure your other apps don't use escape. It would be nice to have a button for cases where you cannot make the other apps ignore escapce.
- (2019-09-10, v:1.15) A. Jesse Jiryu Davis: Interference with Gmail keyboard shortcuts on Chrome 76
Hi! Chrome 76 changed how the escape key works, and that interacts badly with Gmail and the Stop Animations plugin. When I hit "escape", Gmail keyboard shortcuts stop working. If I hit "escape" again then kb shortcuts work again, but only sort of. I can hit "enter" to try to open an email from the inbox view, but only the address bar URL changes, the email itself does not open. Disabling the Stop Animations plugin fixes the issue.
- (2017-01-02, v:1.11) Nextsky Switzerland: Background Animation
All the new stupid background animations that make Terminal Server basically unusable can unfortunately not be stopped with your Example: http://www.atlantichotelfl.com/ Any sugestion ?
- (2016-11-11, v:1.11) Nader El-Naggar: Can't use the input fields
Dear Sir, When I applied this extension, the whole page was unusable. What I really need is to stop the animations but not freeze the page. I want the textboxes and buttons to remain active. Do you know of any extension that does this? It would be highly appreciated.
- (2015-12-29, v:1.10) Gabby Gabby: cant open
how do i open it?