Hide everything from the new tab page without removing theme background.
★ Theme background Clear New Tab removes everything from the new tab without removing theme background. If theme background is too big or too small you can fix it (set "Background size" to "Cover the screen"). ★ Your own background You can upload your own background (image, video or solid color) as a background in new tab. ★ Cycle through different backgrounds You can make Clear New Tab cycle through your backgrounds, showing you different background every time you open new tab. ★ Random solid color Clear New Tab can show you a randomly generated solid color background every time you open new tab. ---------------------------------------------------------------- Permissions: Read and change your data on clients2.google.com and clients2.googleusercontent.com Allows extension to dowload a theme crx package which contains theme background and other data about theme (background repeat, сolor of area around background etc). Manage your apps, extensions, and themes Allows extension to detect when theme installed and gives it information about theme (theme id, theme name etc). Theme id used to download crx from sites above. For example here is the link to one of my theme: https://clients2.google.com/service/update2/crx?response=redirect&x=id%3Dijmngnbmmkdnafollkndolmfngimbaek%26uc&prodversion=32 ---------------------------------------------------------------- GitHub: https://bit.ly/clear-new-tab-github 🖼️ Follow my Facebook page: http://bit.ly/browservery Localized to Brazilian Portuguese by: https://steamcommunity.com/id/N4G45H1
- (2020-01-28) Thiago KR: Perfeito. Não é poluído tem como adicionar o wallpaper que quiser e com a possibilidade de ajustar ele como bem quiser deixando um Tab completamente limpa e com aproveitamento total do seu Wallpaper. :)
- (2019-10-04) Pooted On 'Em: I've been using this extension for a while. I'm not sure if it's a change on Chrome's end or on your application's end, but recently it has been hanging for a moment upon the launch of a new browser. Opening a new tab works as quickly as ever, but launching a whole new Chrome browsing session causes the screen to remain white for about 3 seconds. I am a vampire and cannot handle this much light. Halp.
- (2019-10-02) Drew Drentlaw: The latest version of Chrome seems to have broken 'Clear New Tab'. I really liked it when it was working.
- (2019-09-05) Viedais Manels: по принципу такси, если водитель трезв - 5 звезд
- (2019-07-22) Павел Павел: круто
- (2019-07-17) george jetson: up until about a year ago this app was great...no problems....but ever since they've been 'upgrading' it i get nothing but a blank black page for options and a blank white page for a new tab...i'm sick of waiting for some genius to fix it properly...i just love the human nature attribute of totally screwing something up because it works fine...i'm out...deleting this exercise in futility
- (2019-05-17) Robo Hand: Does what it says on the box, can't ask for much more. It removes the stupid Favicons (and everything else), so it does what I wanted it to do.
- (2019-04-30) Yury Murzin: Минималист в восторге, спасибо))
- (2019-04-13) Tootie LW: Nice & clean!!! No more BS forced on me...
- (2019-03-31) Abraham Marshal: Just what I needed
- (2019-03-19) Jorge: this is great i even added a short video so when i open chrome first thing i see is a cool waterfall , thanks for your work
- (2019-03-17) Nagashi: That's some good stuff right there.
- (2019-01-09) с этим расширением темы не работают, а просто белый экран, лучше пусть белые квадраты будут(((
- (2019-01-02) 神押し平手友梨奈: does the job for what you are looking for.
- (2018-11-08) Angel: Great extension. Allows me to keep my theme and remove the most frequently visited sites and google search box in a new tab window. Also let's you upload any image from the PC or via link and have it stretched, fit or cover to the new tab. Solid 5/5
- (2018-10-28) Stian Hegglund: Just what I was looking for; a simple extension to remove EVERYTHING except my personal wallpaper in new tab. Perfect, thank you!
- (2018-10-19) Amazing Cowboy: great work ..Can i have speed dials?
- (2018-09-28) Francois Barabe: It's good but too bad my favourites are not showing up. There should be an option to activate it or not. I can see it in the examples, so either they had it always on or the problem's on my side.
- (2018-09-21) Daniel Kim: Works as said.
- (2018-09-10) XD Cedar: Perfect! It is so nice being able to hide the most visited and other Google elements from new tab without removing the theme image. (And actually that's all I need) Now I am satisfied with all the features. Really hope that updates in the future could keep app simple and fast.
- (2018-08-29) Teguh Hebat: Its good, but I must be setting, if I open the PC.
- (2018-08-24) Japheth Majaw: great! AwesomE..
- (2018-08-23) Vuong Le: its good, but before the update, i was able to close the chrome browser and reopen it with the same picture i had before it closed, now its just white screen now, no theme, just white and i have to set up the theme all over again.
- (2018-08-22) 99lool: Was already wonderful to use, then they updated it with more features! Awesome, thanks a lot.
- (2018-08-22) супер!!!то что надо!!!
- (2019-05-14, v:5.2.4) Kathie Schmid: Leave Gmail/Images/My Apps/Profile icons in the top right?
Hi, For Clear New Tab, is there a way to just remove the Google box (in the middle of the new-tab page), the word Google above the box, the Add-Shortcut circle (with the + in the middle of it), so that my image I've added is not obscured by all those, and yet still leave the Gmail/Images/My Apps/Profile icons in the top right of the page? Thanks!!!
- (2019-03-16, v:5.0.2) Nick Paul L: Error code :240
When I am opening a new chrome page sometimes it doesn't show the background image and appears an error code on bottom of the browser page: An error occured. Error code 240. Type: undefined. Could not establish connection. Receveing end does not exist.
- (2019-02-26, v:4.1.12) 20Jonathan Redding: Image alternation
Is there any way to have it cycle through the images? or is it fixed on the set one?
- (2018-10-31, v:4.1.12) Sergey Dolgicky: not working (no photo/color)
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/72.0.3595.2 Safari/537.36 Error: options.js:16 TypeError: Cannot read property 'id' of null at e.map.e (options.js:1) at Array.map (<anonymous>) at Object.x (options.js:1) at Object.p (options.js:16)
- (2018-09-29, v:4.1.10) clear new tab
i get a blank white page for a new tab and a blank black page for the options when extension is enabled. when extension is disabled the new tab has the image i put on with the old version with the google boxes over it. so the extension doesn't work and i have no way of changing the the new tab image
- (2018-08-29, v:4.1.3) Екатерина Солнцева: не держит загруженное фото
после последнего обновления загруженное мое фото пропало,я его загрузила еще раз до момента закрытия браузера все было ок, при следующим заходе в браузер, через два часа чистый белый лист и так неоднократно
- (2018-08-22, v:4.0.1) Aiyang Wang: greyed out options page
Hello, The newest update appears to have broken something; when I go to the options page, it is greyed out, so I cannot change the background.
- (2018-06-07, v:3.6) Никита Осенний: Закладки
Я использую панель закладок. но она у меня не закреплена. В итоге панель эта отображается только на новой вкладке, а на сайтах скрыта - меня это очень устраивает. Однако, если использовать расширение, то панель закладок не отображается на новой вкладке.
- (2018-05-09, v:3.6) Mayuyu: Bookmarks
It'll be great if the bookmarks can be seen like when i open a new tab and not by showing it all the time
- (2018-03-04, v:3.6) Isaac Wright: i keep losing how to put an image in to it
the computer i have has to go in for repairs often so my chrome is reset each time and i keep losing the way to put an image on to the tab and its getting kind of annoying.