Forecast and local weather provided by NOAA.
A week's worth of weather plus current conditions provided by NOAA and the National Weather Service (NWS) public web services for most US cities and localities. Enter your city name or zip code to load a seven day forecast for your area. I am not affiliated with NOAA or NWS.
- (2021-05-15) Will Bruce: You can paste a Lat/Long from a Google Maps point into it to get spot weather. This is so helpful - can't even do that on the NWS site without editing the URL.
- (2020-04-06) Ray: Simple and very accurate... I like it! + best of all... no advertisements or hype!
- (2019-10-02) Ning Cao: good
- (2019-07-01) Love it - it's accurate.
- (2019-06-08) William MacKinnon: It would be great if it had a Celsius option. In fact, this is the only weather program that lacks an unit switch that I have seen recently. Google weather circa 2015 lacked a Celsius switch, but today they have F, C and Kelvin. It is really mandatory for a weather app to have a SI / Imperial switch.
- (2019-03-05) Albert911emt -: Great app. Only one thing missing: It's be great if you could add a button for a *large* radar image - not a link to a webpage showing radar, but an option to show radar inside the app...and make it large, at least 25% of the screen. Thanks!!!
- (2018-02-22) Yanfer Sanchez: Wonderful.
- (2018-02-01) I Mullins: Excellent!
- (2017-09-11) Donald Ramboldt: Very Simple and tells me what I need to know!
- (2017-03-18) Roland Ouellette: zip 77904. If the predictions are so good, why can't the forecasters change storm threats. Our birds are going to our feeders wearing rubber boots.
- (2016-10-28) Gerald Davenport: Pretty cool, not as visually pleasing as others, but it is just weather, and all the weather info. NICE!! Thanks.
- (2016-10-22) Bill A: Tried several and this had the most detail including a weather warning. Clicking that opens a new page with details. Five Stars, a rating I seldom give federal agencies.
- (2015-08-08) tom elwood: simple and easy
- (2015-06-28) Kathy Mitchell: best weather tab yet, it shows warnings plus much more.
- (2015-05-24) Jim Isaacs: Very detailed weather info anywhere in the country.
- (2015-05-18) Clean and simple without any ads.loads a bit slow though. Thanks John.
- (2015-02-16) Andrew Davis: Simple and easy. Would be nice to see current temp in the icon...
- (2015-02-14) Gerald Lerman: It's great to have a simple weather display without all the advertising stuff. So, thank you very much for this! Really. My one request is that, just as the NOAA does at their site, that you show the temperature in both Fahrenheit and Celsius. And the current temperature in the icon would be nice to have.
- (2015-01-28) Joshua Villines: Clean display with a reliable data source. My only requests are for it to show the temperature in the icon, and for it to show the windchill.
- (2014-11-03) chad tunis: Excellent extension! Provides the most useful weather information and graphics in a thoughtful, well-designed layout. Good one!
- (2014-09-29) Love this! It and a link to my local NWS office are all I use for weather info; which is quite a compliment because I'm in the middle of the tornado belt! Thank you!!! One thing I'd like to see is the option to show the current temperature on the icon, and change the color if there is an active alert.
- (2014-09-03) The only thing this wonderful extension lacks is showing the temp on the icon. I'd love to be able to do that. Otherwise, this is great!
- (2014-08-26) Just what I was looking for. Thank you!
- (2014-07-29) Kimberly Anderson: provides the information i need in a format that is simple. i like it!
- (2014-05-23) Jackson Ennis: PERFECT
- (2014-04-23) Mark: Very nice, no ads. Thank you for making this John!
- (2014-02-03) I'd like to see the current temperature on the icon.
- (2021-01-25, v:2.0.2) David Del Sesto: ighome widget
Don't know if you still support this, but this stopped working in both Firefox and Chrome. Tried reloading from http://www.ighome.com/directory.aspx?q=noaa but no change. It just shows Loading weather for 43.61, -72.04...cancel Loading weather for 44.47, -72.74...cancel Loading weather for 41.76,-71.39...cancel Thanks.
- (2020-07-09, v:2.0.2) Donna: Desktop weather
I have used this weather app for years. Now it is showing me "unable to load location." Help!!!!
- (2020-07-08, v:2.0.2) unable to load location
Keep getting above notice; was working fine until yesterday.
- (2020-01-16, v:2.0.2) Josh: temp in extension icon?
Hi there, I've been using WUtemp for a long time but it seems to have stopped working. I loved having the local temperature on my extension bar to simply glance at. Would you consider adding this feature to your extension? Thanks!
- (2019-12-29, v:2.0.2) Howard Reagan: Is there a way to store the locations and not have to enter them each time it is started. BTW, it is a wonderful app thanks Howard
I have to enter my location on every start. Can not locate an option to store or retain my locations.
- (2019-11-21, v:2.0.2) John Smith: Gadget not working
I've had your NOAA US Local Weather Forecast gadget on my ighome.com desktop home page for years and it worked great but today it can't load anything. It just has "Loading weather for roseville, mn...cancel". It doesn't make any difference if I use Chrome, Firefox or Internet Explorer - same problem. How do I fix it?
- (2019-11-11, v:2.0.2) John Cowan: Still can't find any locations.
I did a reinstall today (11/11/2019), but it didn't help.
- (2019-09-10, v:2.0.2) Rick Smith: Extension stopped working
I am using it with Opera. It stopped working a couple of days ago. I tried to dump it and reload it. Is it having a problem?
- (2019-08-30, v:2.0.2) safari mcmandon: hurricane
can you find latitude longatude?
- (2019-03-01, v:2.0.2) Kathy K: Issue with NOAA weather gadget for ighome
Hello, I'm wondering if you can assist with the NOAA weather gadget for ighome. It has been hanging with the message "Loading weather for [zipcode] ..." for a couple of weeks. I'd appreciate any assistance or insight you might have. Thanks in advance!
- (2019-02-28, v:2.0.2) Unwanted advertising
Google Chrome National Weather Agency .org shows unwanted advertising on my screen. Some of these are offensive and I want them off. How do I delete nationalweatheragency .org?
- (2019-01-28, v:2.0.2) Doesn't load
I've read that others have the same problem--"Loading weather for albuquerque, nm...cancel" Will not go farther than that. I've had your gadget on Chrome and Firefox and LUV it!! It has been the very best. But it hasn't worked in a while. Am I doing something wrong?
- (2018-12-14, v:2.0.2) Dennis Damico: NOAA NWS Weather Forecast
How can I add this to my homepage. When I add to Chrome it goes to my toolbar but I can't move it to my homepage. I had the NOAA local app through "add gagets" but it stopped working. Please advise. Thank you.
- (2018-10-29, v:1.1.9) Patricia Brookhart: Location
Can't find location. Is this app still functioning?
- (2018-10-27, v:1.1.9) Carmen Fox: Couldn't find your location
This is all I get when I try to use this now. It has worked well in the past but I see this issue going back a couple months and no fix. Will this be fixed or should I find another alternative??