Open Mind is web extension designed to combat fake news and political polarization, using cognitive science and machine learning.
- (2021-02-01) Des: Effectively useless. It's completely blind to many of the most notable news organisations I read from including Propublica, the BBC, Al Jazeera, FIveThirtyEight, Salon, Slate, Vox, Vice, Quartz, Aeon, CBC, and Wired. There should at least be an option to add custom sources. Sidenote: I've discovered that it will suggest articles from the BBC, but it still won't track them.
- (2018-07-09) Jessica Chee: open mind is my favourite chrome extension! it has been super useful when i'm reading the news and gives me great alternatives to the news sources that I usually follow! Love it! Keep up the great work!
- (2018-06-11) Lance Bowman: I would discourage anyone from using Open Mind. It only screens articles written by it's sponsors, Washington Post, Fox News, the New York Times, ABC News and AP. If you have other sources the widget ignores them. All suggested readings are from the sponsors as well. Not very open minded of them!
- (2018-05-15) Simply Posy: It was a-ok.
- (2018-05-13) Alex Cui: I really love the articles that open mind suggests to me. They're from sources I would have never read otherwise and have shown me some really fascinating counterarguments to my existing opinions
- (2018-06-29, v:0.0.3) Dariusz Szul: Doesn't work 2
I've been using is since the open beta started and it is still empty, and I read a lot of news. What is wrong? Does it even work if you are not using non-american media websites?
- (2018-06-22, v:0.0.3) Jason Holt: Doesn't work
Installed on chrome for the last week and the browser history is blank...no suggestions or articles or anything. Doesn't appear to be working.