Chrome extension that shows the current time and weather on the new tab screen
Replace new tab screen with current time and weather sourced from OpenWeatherMap.org. Simple replaces your "New Tab" screen with a new one that shows you the current time and the weather, with no tracking, no unnecessary permissions, no BS. # Update 1.1.0 Added font picker Minor bug fixes and performance improvements Add blinky "new stuff" notification # Update 1.0.12 CSS updates to make the scaling a bit nicer Add 1hr caching to weather querying so we don't get booted from the weather API :) # Update 1.0.11 Previous fix for issue causing defaults to override user settings didn't work in some situations, retrying Allowed clicking off the settings bar to close it so you don't have to hit the X
- (2021-08-08) Miguel Garza: First weather new tab extension I've found that actually works and shows a 5-day forecast immediately.
- (2021-05-05) Field Marshal Bernard Law Montgomery: Das Ding ist gut. Uhrzeit wird mit Stil angezeigt und der Hintergrund wechselt auch nach dem Wetter entsprechend.
- (2021-02-28) Luke: Currently recently changed their "Starry Night" theme to a more photorealistic one. If you can add a theme similar to the old Starry Night that would be amazing.
- (2020-12-18) Wil Knight: it never showed up its just shows a grey page please help im using windows xp or NT5.1 chromium
- (2020-11-05) Corpse Wolf: good for when a storm is about to come
- (2020-10-07) Clowned64: My only complaints are that you can't mix the fonts the same way you can with the colors, with two different types, and that the search bar in the middle is gone. Other than that, it's awesome!
- (2020-03-27) Kenneth Bull: Doesn't seem to work outside united states (wants a zip code for location)
- (2020-03-16) Bruce Cox: It is really great!
- (2019-11-17) Misty Blue: I have been looking for something like this it is wonderful best of the best tried others so honestly this is just what I need I am retired and everyday seems the same this helps me be aware Thank YOi
- (2019-10-22) Jaden Valerio: Great extension to make your new tabs look cleaner!
- (2019-10-09) Kevin Hargraves: It was a great extension until just a few days ago. Each time I turn my laptop back on the background color goes away that I had it set to manually and temp units changes to metric (c) as well. I don't live in Canada. The location always stays the same so it's not like it putting me in the wrong location to not have Imperial (f). I know see no point of even keeping this anymore unless a fix will happen
- (2019-09-05) Marcos M. Mendonça: I like it, but there is a problem with the font. It looks good only in full screen. When you shrink the browser, it becomes unreadable.
- (2019-08-03) Ghost 365: I am rating this extension with 3 stars. It has yet to convince me otherwise, twice I added the Simple mod from the web store... the first time I made simple changes to my location etc, then next minute all on-screen data disappeared, leaving only the current time on display. I soon drop kicked it from my extension library only to realise that if I wanted to rate this extension, I had to re-add it back to my library. So, to cut a long story short "It was OK" 3 stars.
- (2019-05-22) Skeeter Saurus: While I really like the 'use the opened tab' to show your weather, temp and forecast...there is one MAJOR ERROR that you'd think would be corrected...and has not been! When you open a new tab, and the day and weekly forecast are displayed, your 'HIGH TEMPERATURE' for the day shows a number for the HIGH that is NOT the forecast high, at all, yet it climbs all day! Yet, all future days shown DO show the forecast highs! An example: forecast for today is 90/55...but the screen at 7-AM will show '70/55' for today's forecast (other days are 88/57, 89/58, 90/61, 89/52)....then, you open a tab at 10-AM and it will show today's high forecast of 83/55 (with current temperature of 80). So, I'm NOT sure where it's getting it's 'current day high forecast temperature' from, but it IS NOT ACCURATE. Other than that, the app works great.
- (2019-03-29) Used this after using Currently. Almost perfect replacement. Wish the font was a little crisper and that it showed the time/temp in the tab title.
- (2019-03-27) Damion Gomez: Currently is dead. Long live Simple! Doesn't ask for sketchy permissions. Displays local time, temperature, weather forecast for the week quickly and without errors. Nice addon!
- (2018-11-15) E C: Great replacement for "Currently." The only thing that could improve it is custom font.
- (2018-11-09) Tony Miller: Found the link to this from the author's comment in the Currently extension's reviews. After that one has effectively died due to no longer handling weather properly and adding suspicious, this is an excellent replacement. Thanks to the author for building it!
- (2018-10-31) Bryce Dunn: A great replacement for Currently after all the trouble they had with asking for permissions
- (2018-10-23) Alex Karcher: It's a bit less polished than it's precursor Currently, but it works the same and loads very quickly. I'd just move the time/weather to be in the center of the screen and add a little animation when the weather is displayed after loading and it would be perfect! I'm also personally a bigger fan of Helvetica Nue Ultralight as the font as opposed to OpenSans Light.
- (2018-10-23) Kevin Walter: Great for local weather and time, actually makes the default tab useful!
- (2021-09-10, v:1.1.1) camhead2001: can
boston redsox game
- (2021-03-10, v:1.1.1) CarlosAlex. Mex: Toda la pantalla comenzo a salir en gris
Desde hace ya unos 3 dias al abrir una nueva pantalla sale la pantalla sin nada en gris, me deja configurar pero sigue sin salir nada, solo es pantalla gris ¿alguien sabe por que?
- (2020-06-17, v:1.1.1) Jun Fukagawa: date and day format
Is it possible to set the date and day format?
- (2020-05-14, v:1.1.1) pa ya: save changes
?how can save changes there is no butons for save change on option page
- (2020-03-30, v:1.1.1) DOĞUKAN ŞEKER: KONUM HATASI
TÜRKİYE/ANTALYA KONUMU ALGILAMIYOR
- (2019-11-21, v:1.0.11) Thu Hà Bùi Thị: the font have problem. 11/21/2019.
i use vietnamese. the font don't normal. please fix the problem.
- (2019-10-09, v:1.0.10) Michael Mathews: Newest version is not saving it's settings.
The latest update of October 7 2019 is not saving any settings. It resets to default when Chrome is closed. Hopefully you already know about this & it will be fixed soon. Simple is my favorite New Tab Extension.
- (2019-09-24, v:1.0.7) Bram Provoost: Taal
Geweldig ontwerp, zijn er ook instellingen voor standaard Nederlands in plaats van standaard Engels? Alvast bedankt :)
- (2018-10-30, v:1.0.1) Current day weather
Could the expected high and low be added to the current day's weather (to be consistent with what is shown for the remainder of days)? It's great that I can see that it is currently 9C - but is that as warm as its going to get?