InVID WeVerify extension
This plugin has been designed as a verification “Swiss army knife” helping journalists, fact-checkers and human rights defenders to save time and be more efficient in their fact-checking and debunking tasks on social networks especially when verifying videos and images. This is a new version redesigned within the Horizon 2020 EU innovation action WeVerify. The provided tools allow you to quickly get contextual information on Facebook, Twitter and Youtube videos, to perform reverse image search on Google, Yandex, Bing, Tineye, Baidu or Karma Decay (for Reddit) search engines, to fragment videos from various platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Youtube, Twitter, Daily Motion) into keyframes, to enhance and explore keyframes and images through a magnifying lens, to query Twitter more efficiently through time intervals and many other filters, to read video and image metadata, to check the video copyrights, and to apply forensic filters on still images. Thanks to give us your feedback in order to improve the toolbox. The plugin was launched in July 2017 by the InVID European project, a Horizon 2020 innovation action funded by the European Union under grant agreement 687786. It is provided in English, French and Spanish language. For more information on InVID, visit our InVID website (www.invid-project.eu) or follow us on Twitter (@InVID_EU). It is now maintained and will be further enhanced by the WeVerify project, funded by the European Union under grant agreement 825297. Disclaimer: this software is provided "as is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including but not limited to the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non infringement. In no event shall the authors or copyright holders be liable for any claim, damages or other liability, whether in an action of contract, tort or otherwise, arising from, out of or in connection with the software or the use or other dealings in the software.
- (2019-02-28) Ashhab Ashraf: Very helpful to bust fake videos. I actually downloaded as in India we have serious trouble with enormous amounts of fake videos circulating and shared over the social media. Fake information are being generated to create communal hatred which in turn results in disharmony and results in riots and tensions. All these for political gains! Even the government does this.
- (2018-07-06) Dr.Abhishek Yadav: its very helpfull to check facts
- (2018-03-09) Medialab FTV: Cet outil est indispensable aujourd'hui pour savoir si on a affaire à une vidéo fake ou non. A connaitre, faire connaitre, partager, utiliser !
- (2018-02-25) Arnaud Mercier: Excellent outil qui devrait être présent sur l'ordinateur de chacun, pour devenir soi-même un chasseur de fake news en tout genre
- (2017-12-06) Lampis Apostolidis: Great tool that facilitates the verification of online videos!
- (2017-07-04) Michael Escober: Very useful
- (2019-11-03, v:0.71) Yemisi Oyedepo: Unable to use the tool for video verification
I can not see any opening for pasting the link of the video to be verify
- (2019-10-09, v:0.71) Tejas Alhat: News debunker tool not working
Not able to use the video news debunker tool. Whom to get in touch with to solve the problem?
- (2019-02-04, v:0.68) deepa krishna: can't reach to open
how can i use this.. just can't rech the proper link to open and check something