InVID WeVerify extension
This plugin has been designed as a verification “Swiss army knife” helping journalists, fact-checkers, and human rights defenders to save time and be more efficient in their fact-checking and debunking tasks on social networks especially when verifying videos and images. This browser extension is now going to be enriched with new tools, developed within the Horizon EU research and innovation action vera.ai (2022-2025). In 2021, the plugin won a US Paris Tech challenge first prize award granted by the US Department Global Engagement Center (GEC). For the Poynter Institute, home of the International Fact-Checking Network (IFCN), it is "one of the most powerful tools for spotting misinformation online". This toolbox allows you to quickly get contextual information on Facebook and Twitter images and videos, as well as on Youtube videos, to perform reverse image search on Google, Yandex, Bing, Tineye, Baidu or Karma Decay (for Reddit) search engines, to query the new Database of Known Fakes (DBKF), to fragment videos from various platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Youtube, Twitter, Daily Motion) into keyframes, to enhance and explore keyframes and images through a magnifying lens, to query Twitter more efficiently through time intervals and through a new Social Network Analysis module, to read video and image metadata, to check the video copyrights, to quickly search for fact checks or cross-network queries, and to apply a new enhanced forensic toolbox on images suspected of being manipulated. Another new forensic module, CheckGIF made in the EnVisu4 IFCN project, allows you to create a GIF between a manipulated image and an original one to better reveal the manipulation. A new assistant feature will help you to find which tool can be used to support your verification work. The plugin is currently provided in English, French, Spanish and Greek language. A demo and a classroom section provide examples of manipulated images or videos together with explanations and media literacy tools and tips about the information verification process, for teachers and scholars. A feedback button is available directly in the interface. Thanks to use it to report any bug, any issue (providing the link of the media to be checked), or any improvement suggestion, in this way. We welcome and need your feedback. Thank you. The plugin respects your privacy and no personal data is recorded. We use Google Analytics to better understand usage but you can opt out if you wish so (from the checkbox at the bottom of the About page). Some features (Twitter SNA, CheckGIF, GIF export on forensic toolkit) are reserved to fact-checkers, journalists and researchers due to the high demanding computer power needed and to avoid misuse. All versions of the plugin has been developed so far by AFP Medialab R&D through three EU-funded research projects and underlying web services provided by scientific partners. It was initially launched in July 2017 during the InVID European project, a EU Horizon 2020 innovation action (grant agreement 687786; https://www.invid-project.eu ; @InVID_EU). Then, it was enhanced with more tools during the EU Horizon 2020 WeVerify project (grant agreement 825297; https://weverify.eu/ @WeVerify). Currently, the plugin is part of the Horizon vera.ai project (Grant Agreement 101070093; https://twitter.com/veraai_eu) aiming to use artificial intelligence versus disinformation. Existing tools using AI will be enhanced and new tools will be co-created with end-users. Disclaimer: this software is provided "as is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including but not limited to the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non infringement. In no event shall the authors or copyright holders be liable for any claim, damages or other liability, whether in an action of contract, tort or otherwise, arising from, out of or in connection with the software or the use or other dealings in the software.
- (2022-08-08) MrJones512: Advanced (eg: usable) tools are locked. Deep learning image filters reduced to "Fusion", and it's locked too. Only the one-click reverse image search usable for me.
- (2022-04-26) Daniel 808: muy bueno
- (2022-02-18) Iulius Augustus: "The advanced tools are locked" yep, using data from all who installed it, but hiding the benefits to a very small groups
- (2021-12-31) A: Ottimo strumento, gratuito e sostituisce alcune vecchi sistemi che conoscevo e di cui cercavo alternative. Menomale che l'ho scoperto (anche se in ritardo), grazie!
- (2021-12-23) Elon Musk: ★★★★★ The extension in general is great. Easy to reverse search images/videos. Nice tool to debunk fake media. Also the recent update has made it more user friendly :) 12/23/2021 ★★☆☆☆ edit: Video fragmentation not working properly. Please fix :(
- (2021-12-17) Milo Gamer: reviews fake you are scam
- (2021-06-22) Katy Perry: Très utile.
- (2021-03-08) Chirag: Does what it says and does it best! Gotta respect such an awesome app
- (2020-11-03) William Scott Scherk: It's clean, smart, low-overhead, fast -- and does just what it promises to do.
- (2019-02-28) Ashhab Ashraf: Very helpful to bust fake videos. I actually downloaded as in India we have serious trouble with enormous amounts of fake videos circulating and shared over the social media. Fake information are being generated to create communal hatred which in turn results in disharmony and results in riots and tensions. All these for political gains! Even the government does this.
- (2018-07-06) Abhishek Yadav: its very helpfull to check facts
- (2018-03-09) Medialab FTV: Cet outil est indispensable aujourd'hui pour savoir si on a affaire à une vidéo fake ou non. A connaitre, faire connaitre, partager, utiliser !
- (2018-02-25) Arnaud Mercier: Excellent outil qui devrait être présent sur l'ordinateur de chacun, pour devenir soi-même un chasseur de fake news en tout genre
- (2017-12-06) Lampis Apostolidis: Great tool that facilitates the verification of online videos!
- (2017-07-04) Michael Escober: Very useful
- (2022-11-29, v:0.75.9) Ayush: in vid extension not working correctly
after opening iv vid extension website not open completely kindly look into this matter and solve it asap.
- (2022-10-06, v:0.75.7) haitham alssanwy: Can I use invid for Android or iPhone
Please tell me how can I use invid plugin in Android or iPhone
- (2022-06-19, v:0.75.6) Raihan Ahmed: Use in android
Hi sir how can I use it in my phone 📱. Is it possible Please reply Thanks 🙏
- (2022-03-02, v:0.75.4) Jeannette Wibmer: Toolbar
Dear all: my toolbar does not look as in the instruction movie, how can I enlarge it? Thank you!
- (2022-01-27, v:0.75.2) MC Juma Emmanuel: QUESTION
HOW DO I SEE INVI IN MY INVID EXTENSION
- (2021-11-27, v:0.75.1) Rod-Gael MPIGHA: Information
Hello, i would like to download inVID. Can you help me?
- (2021-09-24, v:0.75) Kim Gamel: Unable to use the extension
I added the extension on Chrome and it shows the details. But there's no way to enter a link for a video to actually use the extension. Can you help with this?
- (2021-09-04, v:0.73) Patrice N: How to download this application?
I don't see the download button
- (2021-08-05, v:0.73) Abdulrahman Al-Shami: Download
How to download the application to my computer and use it?
- (2021-01-14, v:0.73) Desormeaux Didier: Installation
I want to install InVid...but impossible to find it...instead I already got it through Chrome... How does it works? Thank's, Didier
- (2020-12-10, v:0.73) Pistallo Lopez: No se como funciona
Hola buenas tardes como funciona el programa
- (2020-11-29, v:0.73) Brandbihar News: having trouble
i am unable to install or look out invid.
- (2020-07-26, v:0.72) ayeaye maw: can't use it
can't pen it
- (2019-11-03, v:0.71) Yemisi Oyedepo: Unable to use the tool for video verification
I can not see any opening for pasting the link of the video to be verify
- (2019-10-09, v:0.71) Tejas Alhat: News debunker tool not working
Not able to use the video news debunker tool. Whom to get in touch with to solve the problem?
- (2019-02-04, v:0.68) deepa krishna: can't reach to open
how can i use this.. just can't rech the proper link to open and check something