Display The Hustle snippets on your new tab page
Enjoy The Hustle's wit, snark, and voice in every new Chrome tab. We can't put all the interesting stories we find in the daily email, but with Snippets you can instantly be the smartest person in the room.
- (2020-10-07) Anand Raj: The snippets URL does not work. When I click Copy URL (of the format: https://thehustle.co/snippets/?id=<id>) and paste the URL in browser, i get a webpage with blank whitespace. It does not show me the contents of the website other than the side tabs.
- (2020-03-13) Jason Hurd: I like it, but wish it had a dark mode. Dark reader can't rewrite the colors on this for some reason
- (2020-01-31) WILLIAM RICH: Is there a dark theme in the works! It is really BRIGHT!
- (2020-01-27) John Dunkel: Love the variety of headlines, the links to the stories, and it instantly loads. Plus, I only see it when opening a new tab. Pretty sweet if you ask me.
- (2020-01-09) Adam Ryan: Love the quick write ups of the articles. Only downside is the rabbit hole it can cause.
- (2019-08-28) Stephen Serra: They seem to rely heavily on paywalled news sources. It's not theHustle's fault, but I don't like getting asked to subscribe to Quartz just to see what the snippet was all about. Big reason for liking theHustle in the first place was that it distilled a bunch of news into an easily consumable email. I always disable my adblocker for news outlets, but I don't have the money to support every single one of them with a subscription, so the hard-paywalled sources are no go for me. This would be much better if they prioritized free/ad-supported news sources.
- (2017-12-13) Don Dailey: Initially it was OK, now it has locked my Chrome browser. Every time I go to a new tab the Snippet appears and stays. How do I unsubscribe?
- (2017-12-02) Michael Leung: Works. Only problem is when you make a new tab, enter in a url, and go back in your tab history because you want to look at it again, it's a different snippet.
- (2017-11-09) Aman gupta: Best New-Tab Extension Ever!.
- (2017-11-02) Navid: keeps me informed, i love it
- (2017-11-01) Jake Kempen: Life changing
- (2017-09-12) Jay Warner: Quality content in an area of my browser that was unused. Snippet fan 4 eva.
- (2017-08-06) Georges de Wailly: I don't need to be redirected to an advertisement page every time that I login. Removed from my system after 5 mn of use. Waste of time!
- (2017-07-14) The only thing I'd change is that when you click the link to open the article, I'd prefer the article to be opened in a new tab.
- (2017-07-14) Adeleke Augustus: I love it.
- (2017-07-13) Sam Parr: Love it. Super addicting news. Makes me the smartest person in the room.
- (2017-07-12) Jack McCracken: Love the idea, but similar to other reviews I want to be able to access the "old new tab page" with the quick links to gmail & frequently used websites after I've scanned through the snippets. 5 stars if you guys can make that happen.
- (2017-07-10) Ross Burck: I really like it a lot - but I need to be able to retrieve my original home page as well... without this option, as much as I think this is cool, I'm going to have to uninstall it...
- (2017-07-10) Jaden Martin: This is awesome! My biggest problem with it is after reading the snippet, I tend to forget the reason I opened the new tab.. It sets me back a couple minutes almost everytime without fail.
- (2017-07-10) Laura Yagerman: Similar to what Andrew/Wayne said, I wish I could get the blurb, but once I hit 'Home,' then I am actually taken to my home screen. Hustle, can you make it happen?
- (2017-07-09) Reading the short blurbs is great, I wish there was a way to get to my regular home page when I'm done reading it though.
- (2017-07-07) Wayne Quigley: Only one big problem with this extension - when I click my 'Home' button, I expect to be taken to my home page, not another snippet. I have my home page as a home page for a reason, dang it!
- (2017-07-06) Sydney Hunter: Hustle for the win! (Do people still say that?) Great idea!
- (2017-07-06) Maxwell Carlson: Great execution for a simple idea - Love it!
- (2017-07-05) Brian Tuan: Great content, clean and simple interface -- love it!