Replace the default error pages on Google Chrome web browser to a darker version (night mode).
Almost all of the night mode extensions out there can only darken (invert) normal web pages and not the error pages. This extension however, overrides the default error pages to a page with a dark background that keeps your eyes safe for the nocturnal browsing session. You can even play the "T-Rex" easter egg while you're staring at the "NO INTERNET" screen. NOTE: This extension is intended to be run alongside other night mode apps such as Deluminate, Blackout, NightMode, Hacker Vision, Dark Reader etc. It DOES NOT INVERT NORMAL PAGES! Also, combine this with a good dark theme for best results! Easy on the eyes, easy on the planet! Caveats ------------ * The address bar is now gibberish. However, that's the only part in the browser that's currently impossible to theme/override. So you shouldn't be looking at it anyway. To identify these tabs, you can look at the bottom left which tells you which URL it was on when it failed to load. Need more features? Let me know! For questions, suggestions and issues, please click on the "SUPPORT" Tab on this page and post your query in the form there.
- (2019-02-24) jaimerer ci vous le fait comme mario bros
- (2017-10-25) Carlos Soriano-Rosas: I loved it.
- (2017-04-20) Useful, thank you. My only gripe is that it would be nice to see the original URL in the address bar, instead of the chrome-extension://... one, but I suspect you can't do anything about that due to being a (probable) Chrome limitation. Worth five stars nevertheless.
- (2017-03-02) wanza lee: ça ne marche pas pour moi §
- (2016-03-13) Magnus Fischer: Works flawlessly. I use Hacker Vision, so I'm used to the webpages not having a white background. It (HV) works on most pages, but NOT on the error pages... Dark Dino to the rescue! Great eye-saver. Nominated for sixth star.
- (2020-04-08, v:1.3 beta) MohamadReza Taalebi: It's very dark.
I personally prefer a softer black rather than this much black. I think it hurts the eye as much as the snow white hurts :). Maybe you can add an option for the user to choose the dark color. cheers!
- (2018-07-04, v:1.3 beta) Ole M: Original URL as QR
I would love to have the original URL shown as a QR-code in addition to the link in the lower left corner. That way I can quickly load the same URL on another device (i.e. my phone) to verify or debunk that the problem is on my computer or network.
- (2016-09-02, v:1.3 beta) Nell: doesn't open
whenever I click on it just goes straight back to the chrome store ! Why does it do this and can it be fixed?
- (2016-06-17, v:1.3 beta) What am doing wrong
What am doing wrong restarted browser no change ??
- (2015-09-06, v:1.3 beta) Dan Sayers: dark by default
This is nice! I have a dark Windows theme, dark Chrome theme, dark extension, a clock on new tabs that is dark, and now dark error pages :D Know what I don't have though? Any time I open a new tab, it's white at first. Very short since either that clock I mentioned or an actual webpage quickly populates it. So I was wondering how hard would it be to add functionality to make new tabs dark by default? That would complete the package in my eyes!