Replaces images of Donald Trump with kittens, because seriously, f*** that guy.
Replaces Donald Trump with kittens. Because: A) Trump is a disgrace B) Kittens are lovely, and C) I couldn't find a Creative Commons photo of a blobfish to use. Update 1.3.1 - This one's for you, the UK. Also some code tweaks and a new icon. Update 1.3.0 - More kittens, less red hat, extra kittenification on twitter dot com Update 1.2.2 - Fixes a bug on the WaPo site Update 1.2.1 - Fixes two small bugs. Update 1.2.0 - Images are now locally stored, and there's a new Custom Block option - banish anyone you want from the web, and replace them with kittens! Update 1.1.4 - By popular demand, you can now also kittenize Steve Bannon. Update 1.1.3 - Added an undo function to the page context menu. Also now blocks Trump in Japanese and Russian, and better support for the Washington Post. Update 1.1.2 - updated for better results on BBC News and The Guardian in particular, and any other sites using responsive images via srcset attributes. Update 1.1.1 - now with enhanced kitten blocking power! Updates include: generally stronger blocking, https:// support, better support for the Washington Post, and more. Update 1.1.0 - now with additional kitten-blocking targets! Use the options page to additionally block Mike Pence, Nigel Farage, Marine Le Pen, Geert Wilders, or the whole awful bunch of them. Update 1.0.1 moves the kitten photos to Amazon S3, as my old server was melting under the strain.
- (2020-11-08) Roey Thorpe: Now that we're cruising toward the end of this reign of terror, I just want to tell you how much I loved this extension and how much it has meant to me. I love kittens! Thank you.
- (2020-11-06) Jed Lazar: Oh my god - this actually works, and I LOVE it. My news feed has immediately improved dramatically. Thank you so much. Link to donate?
- (2020-10-05) George Monical: The key to happiness is mindfulness. This app helps me to connect with my best self when digesting news about a struggling society. It reminds me to stay positive. At a neurological level it helps me to keep my amygdala in check.
- (2020-09-09) Nancy Taylor: SAVED MY SANITY! If I had to look at that horrible man's face whenever I read my online news I would go nuts. Fortunately, I no longer have to look at that horrid face, instead I get to look at kittens. This app is responsible for lowering my blood pressure and keeping me sane. I LOVE this app!
- (2020-08-20) Al McElmon: This has been running solid for at least 4 years. I agree with other comments, where's the paypal button?
- (2020-07-15) Michael R: Thank you for blocking that horrible man and replacing him with adorable kittens! 12 stars!
- (2020-02-27) Liz Diether-Martin: This add-on makes the internet bearable again. Got anything to turn Mitch McConnell into hound dogs or Dali images? I'd appreciate it!
- (2020-02-13) Shana Mahaffey: This plug-in has made it possible for me to read the news. I've recommended it to many people. Thank you!
- (2020-02-07) Harald Pfeiffer: While of course I also wished I discovered this earlier - it also now came at a perfect time; being traumatised by wigmen Trump and Johnson kittens are the perfect way to soothe said trauma and help you to the most ridiculous of times.
- (2020-01-21) jennifer tarentino: Make America Kittens Again uplifts me every day.
- (2019-12-28) C Sau: I discovered this not long after the elections. This app has saved me from daily nausea and made it possible for me to function as a normal human being without the heart flutters and debilitating disgust that normally accompanies pictures of trump and related news articles. I can't overemphasize how much this helps. You feel better instantly with this app. Thanks so so much for developing it.
- (2019-12-28) Cher Sauer: I discovered this not long after the elections. This app has saved me from daily nausea and made it possible for me to function as a normal human being without the heart flutters and debilitating disgust that normally accompanies pictures of trump and related news articles. I can't overemphasize how much this helps. You feel better instantly with this app. Thanks so so much for developing it.
- (2019-12-14) Josh Jurrens: Love the idea but it doesn't seem to work. Most news sites seem to have figured out a way to stop this from working because the kittens show up for a second and then I get to see Trump again. Too bad.
- (2019-10-18) Sophie Heller: I've had this beautiful extension installed for years and it allows me to read The Times in peace. Thank you for restoring my faith in the internet.
- (2019-09-27) Yael Leshem: Love it! Very helpful. I like cats better
- (2019-08-30) Peter Gysegem: This extension lowered my blood pressure! It doesn't catch every photo but enough of them to make me smile instead of gritting my teeth.
- (2019-07-31) Lawrence Cheong 章朝隆: Works great!
- (2019-06-19) Stephanie Cain: This extension has been instrumental in decreasing my anxiety about looking at Facebook and news websites. Not only does it remove a painful experience from my browsing, but it also inserts cuteness into my day! I am so grateful to you for making this.
- (2019-05-04) Kathy Indiana: So much better than the original faces, I love it! Makes me smile, and some days that's really hard to do!
- (2019-04-18) Sandra Leigh: I love this extension! I just wish it could work on social media sites (but I understand why that isn't possible due to XHR, etc.). Sometimes the results are hilarious - check out what it does to this page: https://www.latimes.com/projects/la-na-mueller-investigation-report-trump-redaction/ Not a big deal if it covers something you want to see. You just right-click the page and "Make kittens Trump again."
- (2019-03-23) Toby Adams: Thank you SO much! Seriously, f*** that guy. More kittens!!!
- (2019-03-21) Amazing! Hilarious! Showed it to my friend, and she added it! It is so refreshing to see a kitten playing with a ball of yarn instead of Trump arguing with the rest of the world.
- (2019-02-15) Samantha Drennan: This is the best app of all time. I can stay informed on news without having to look at a big fat orange cheesepuff in a suit. I saw the doctor this week and in spite of the outrage in the WH, my blood pressure is excellent. Thanks, MAKA!
- (2019-02-15) R. McDonough: What a sanity saver!
- (2019-02-14) Ethan Kam: I've had his extension since it released and I've always smiled when a picture of kitten seemingly randomly appears in a news article.