Allows opening local folders and show containing images in a gallery slideshow
This 'Local Gallery Viewer' extension lets you create fullscreen galleries where the slides are shown on the entire screen. The extension opens a new tab in your chrome browser. Choose a local directory and watch your pictures and images. The idea behind that extension was to bring local images via Chromecast on your HDTV. Since the Chrome browser is able to share a tab via Chromecast, all you need is a powerful webpage that is able to scan a local directory, parses the image file in it and present them in a nice way. Local Gallery Viewer uses the free jQuery-Plugin SuperBGImage by Andreas Eberhard (http://dev.andreaseberhard.de/jquery/superbgimage/) for presentation. You can open or drag'n'drop local folders from you harddrive diretly into the webpage, share the tab via Chromecast and enjoy local images on your HDTV. FAQ: Q: Is it possible to hide the controls? A: Yes. Click the logo to minimize the controlpanel. As soon as you move your mouse away the controlpanel will fade out. Changelog: Version 1.2 23.10.2013: Improve handling with larger number of images (>100) Version 1.3 23.10.2013: new option for exclude subfolders while parsing files in the chosen local folder Version 1.4 24.10.2013: option page added to change the background style of the gallery
- (2020-06-25) Frank Hay: Works as advertised. Gets some getting used to but has good options to handles photos and display them on Chromecast device.
- (2019-11-23) Fernando Santamaria: Great. please can add an option to repeat "forever" a presentation. Thanks!
- (2018-12-24) Luciano Zanin: It misses a random mode
- (2018-11-08) Conhecimento Geral: Cumpre o que promete
- (2018-06-02) Can only get it to display one photo.
- (2018-04-04) Richard Scholl: Funktioniert gut, dreht aber leider alle Fotos, die im Hochformat sind. Der Überblendeffekt könnte noch etwas langsamer laufen.
- (2017-11-29) Aberto à mudanças: Faz o que se compromete a fazer.
- (2017-09-08) malcolm reeves: This extension is ok as far as it goes. I was looking for a fast replacement for the default gallery on chromebook as gallery choked on my camera sd card which had *.jpg and *.raw files together (raw being a bit big for it maybe). The main issue with this extension as numerous people have said is that it does not rotate images, manually or automatically. Hence I now use Local Image Viewer which automatically rotates, can be restricted to a list of files types, has zoom (spacebar) with scroll (2 fingers on pad) in other words the complete set of functions you need. Local Gallery extension doesn't make the grade in comparision.
- (2017-08-19) Julie Reeves: When viewing an external drive where I had saved a lot of photos (jpg+raw) from camera sd card the standard galley on chromebook choked and its speed was sloooow. This extension ran lightening fast. The only issue is that it doesn't rotate pictures. If it did that I would give it 5 stars.
- (2017-08-12) Emma Eiland: Vertically pictures are shown in the wrong direction and its not possible to rotate teh image
- (2017-07-30) Dzezik 23: nice idea, but the extension is useless because of image orientation is ignored, some pictures are rotated 90 degree, so in fact it is useless in most situations. the gui and settings are confusing, but this is the only extension to make slideshow of Your local pictures from windows to chromecast
- (2017-07-07) j8av8r: Works but.... with 300 photos in directory they load all random ?!?! Random option is turned off and photos are displayed in random order. I want photos in order. So, not to useful.
- (2017-06-18) Ronald Vallenduuk: Wouldn't read sub folders, menu didn't disappear.
- (2017-05-22) Patrick Herbert: Easy to use and worked well with a folder with 750 photos.
- (2017-04-30) Martti R: I needed a photo gallery viewer app to show photos over Chromecast. It's almost that, but it shows images in completely random order. WTF? The default behaviour should be in the order of the filenames.
- (2017-03-28) Fabiano Lisboa: not work!
- (2017-02-24) Kim Wilde: Finder ikke selv ud af korrekt retning af billederne. I 2005 var det ok. Ikke i 2017.
- (2017-02-05) Alexandre PIQUET: Téléchargé pour diffuser via ChromeCast Ultra : - seulement 92 images proposés dans la liste sur plusieurs centaines voire milliers dans le dossier. - Seule la première image est diffusée via ChromeCast, le reste du slideshow ne se fait que sur le PC
- (2016-12-17) A Squared: The newer version does not support portrait style pictures, it turns them to landscape. So all my portrait pictures show up sideways.
- (2016-12-05) Konstantin Lopyrev: It is buggy, and it uses a grey background for the photos, where as black would be much better.
- (2016-11-21) Len Kowalik: Started working okay, but when I paused it, Chrome OS hung
- (2016-10-22) Jola Laskawiec: As confusing as it can be.
- (2016-09-21) John Rice: Nice job!
- (2016-09-10) Thomas Leniere: It works nicely, but pictures don't always fit the screen and they aren't capable of being rotated.
- (2016-07-28) Jakob Heinemann: cant hide options to play nicely on display or on chromecast
- (2020-10-21, v:1.4) Keeron Tom: HI...This is a great extension that I have been looking for!
Any plans to add more transitions like a Ken Burns effect? If not...any plans to release the source code so as to be able to build upon it? Thanks again.
- (2020-09-01, v:1.4) Johan Weijland: Internet
Verstehe ich richtig? Werden alle Ihre Fotos zuerst auf eine Website hochgeladen und dann auf dem Bildschirm angezeigt (heruntergeladen)? Das bedeutet also, dass sich alle Ihre Fotos irgendwo auf einem völlig fremden Server befinden? funktioniert das tatsächlich so? Es heißt, es sollte auch ohne Internet funktionieren. Wie stellst du das ein?
- (2020-05-06, v:1.4) RaP: Brilliant Andreas ... Can i save my options
Andreas you have created what I have been looking for for years ... to be able to adjust the timing ... thanks....it is wonderful ... now my Chromecast can replace my unusable USB for pics on my Bravia TV Wow...
- (2020-04-29, v:1.4) bkPITTIkumar SONofLaxmiNARAYAN: Awesome product.
- (2019-10-12, v:1.4) William Reid: Is There A Help File
Hi. I'm enjoying using your Extension (Local Gallery Viewer Extension) but I do have a few questions. 1. Is there a help file that describes all the options? 2. How does Slideshow interval work? Does 5000 = ~5 seconds as it seems to? 3. How do I find that background change screen shown in the web store? 4. What are the keywords/options for Transition Speed?
- (2019-06-13, v:1.4) Pamela Marcello: could a slideshow creation be saved to a junk drive? I need to use it where there is no internet.
- (2019-03-19, v:1.4) Cyril Sachet: Flux audio
Bonjour, Serait il possible de rajouter dans les options, la possibilité de coller un lien hypertexte d'un flux audio Le but est de caster le diaporama et le flux audio en meme temps sur ma télé Cordialement
- (2019-02-17, v:1.4) Mo Katinas: chrome updated to 72, can't browse local files anymore
downgrade to 71, works again. gives me an error, LOADING DIRECTORY, ....
- (2019-02-17, v:1.4) Mo Katinas: stopped working on both PC and laptop
I've used the extension for over a year now, it's been great, but now it stopped working. After the last chrome update 72. I downgraded my chrome to version 71 and it works again. On the latest version, I can't browse files anymore, when I open a file in a tab, I get an error message saying "loading directory cancel visit directory (alternate load method, then click back and refresh the page)" If i refresh the page F5, nothing happens. If I click to browse the directory, then reopen image, it works as expected, but then I open a new file and the same thing happens. Access to local files is still turned on in the options. I tried using "fast mode" and disable "cache current directory list", but the problem persists.
- (2019-01-03, v:1.4) Don Eager: Issues with Local Gallery Viewer Chrome extension
When casting photos from a Windows Photos folder, they are displayed in incorrect orientation, e.g. upside down, vertical instead of horizontal, etc. The photos display in the folder in correct orientation. I don't understand some of the settings: Parse subfolder Transition speed (how to change from slow) Slideshow interval (what is 5000?) Transition out. Is there any user documentation or other Help for this extension?
- (2018-12-06, v:1.4) Don Eager: Casting photos from PC Pictures folder to TV
Added the extension to Chrome. Set TV input to Chromecast. Downloaded 199 images. Clicked Cast. Shows correct destination TV and LocalGalleryViewer as the source tab. Clicked the "play" arrow but nothing happens. Can you provide detailed instructions on how to correctly set up and operate this? Thanks.
- (2018-10-02, v:1.4) Vitality Juicery: Local Photo display
Hello!) Does you Extension allow for Casting from a Local Folder?? I "Just" want to display my Photos to my TV via Chromecast... not via a Server online.... should i just use an HDMI?? Thanks So much!))
- (2018-08-29, v:1.4) photos sur écran télé
bonjour, je n'arrive pas à voir les les photos sur l'écran télé. le diaporama se fait uniquement sur le p c. Caster est bien installer et gallery viewer aussi
- (2018-06-11, v:1.4) Kurt Mayer: Upload warning
I am getting a warning about my pictures being uploaded to a site. I don't want my personal pictures being uploaded to some unknown location. Why is the warning appearing?