Adds the "Save Image As PNG" option to the context menu of images.
Converts an image to PNG before showing the Save As dialog. WebP is a new image format developed by Google. These images are small, but their format is not widely recognized yet. By converting the image to PNG, you will be able to use it in image editing programs, and/or upload it to online image hosting sites such as imgur. The extension has a low footprint: It does not use any memory or CPU unless you use it by clicking on the context menu option. Update (4 January 2014): If you use Chrome 30 or lower, then you cannot save the image from some web sites (such as the Chrome Web Store). Update to Chrome 31 for an optimal user experience. Notice (30 June 2014): Chrome 35 on KDE (Linux) has a bug that causes Chrome to crash whenever the Save As dialog is opened by an extension. Downgrade to Chrome 34 or upgrade to Chrome 36 to solve the problem.
- (2022-11-20) Adália Sá: Works perfectly!
- (2022-11-19) Mark Paal: Does not work. Proof - screenshot. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uySSrSoF6AvNTnJMcw9G_Zbp45mPyXn5/view?usp=share_link
- (2022-11-17) Sterling The Sergal: works great, bit annoying being at the bottom of the right click list, but at least my reddit yiff saves as a viewable file and not a webp/html file
- (2022-11-12) Hussain Raza: awesome Extension
- (2022-11-05) O'Ryan Josh: i love how this extension still works to this day after not being updated since 2014.
- (2022-10-31) Abigail Espejo (Abbie): perfect extension! I am always saving WEBP files as a designer and video editor. this extension really does the trick
- (2022-10-27) sebastian: It doesn't do anything. Totally a trash.
- (2022-10-22) moon: This extension is very useful and pretty underrated. I checked the source code, there's nothing malicious and it works great!
- (2022-10-19) Jo-Ann: Useful for saving images that are originally in webp format. Although AdwCleaner flags this extension as a PUP.
- (2022-10-14) Joe A (Sykres): Yet another worthless extension. Does nothing on any websites whatsoever.
- (2022-10-10) Jp: perfect, now i can download cute cats pictures and save as png👍
- (2022-10-07) hex1101: 5 star if there was a hotkey for it
- (2022-09-27) desmormos: works fine, but would like the option to not have it force everything into the "downloads" folder. would change rating if this was fixed
- (2022-09-17) Torque: Being marked by adwcleaner as a PUP.
- (2022-09-06) Gamer Boy: THANK GOD THIS ACTUALLY EXIST I HAVE THIS HORRIBLE VERSION OF WINDOWS 11 THAT REFUSES TO LET ME ACTUALLY DOWNLOAD A PNG, INSTEAD YOU HAVE TO DOWNLOAD IT HAS A .WebP THEN CONVERT IT TO A PNG WHICH COMPLETELY RUINS TRANSPARACY. THANK YOU!
- (2022-08-23) Jen H.: Works great!
- (2022-08-19) Lord Kayoss: Works like a charm! WEBP format bypassed and image saved as PNG. Opened right up in Photoshop without the "cannot parse file" error and didn't lose transparency. Quick, effective remedy to a daily annoyance. Thanks!
- (2022-08-16) John Doe: Would have gotten 5/5 stars if it remembered which folder you saved the last image to when saving an image.
- (2022-08-09) Tamika Jade: I've been using it for months and it's worked great, but yesterday it stopped working completely.
- (2022-07-23) FRANCO GARCIA: Porfinn pordios como odio el formato webP estoy tan feliz
- (2022-07-18) Brian Casler360: I remember when Chrome 1st did the stupid change, there was a few workarounds to stop the bs of saving as webp. Not anymore. At this point, I give up on fighting them. Searched for a better, easier solution and came across this wonderful extension. Works great, saves time, I made sure it's on all my systems. Done trying to figure it out and now using this awesome fix. Problem Solved.
- (2022-07-18) Wes Horne: Folder thing is a bit annoying as mentioned in other reviews, but it's a must have with how many websites such as Reddit and most of Google Images have switched to .webp as of late.
- (2022-06-24) Italia Perez: It works 75% of the time
- (2022-06-18) cherrow: So I was pretty mad about not being able to download images from a fandom website without them being .webp files, so I installed this extension. I was then able to download images as a .png without any problems. 10/10 extension, would recommend
- (2022-06-10) FatFalcon 34: No funciona, chrome sigue guardando las imagenes como .webp
- (2022-05-26) Chris S: Tried to save image but what do you know......error saving image, check filename. Uninstalled
- (2022-05-21) Hornet: amazing extension it saves me so much valuable time as a graphic designer
- (2022-05-14) Leaf_ Swiss: Works great for my art references
- (2022-05-10) Matt Jennings: Works great! And last I saw the developer who created this plugin works for Mozilla so he knows what he's doing.
- (2022-05-08) Darr Darr: Always defaults to the location set in Settings > Advanced > Downloads instead of the last folder saved to like Chrome's native downloader does it (with "Ask where to save each file before downloading" checked).
- (2022-05-04) Strollas: Does what it says it does. Avoid downloading webp and now download pngs.
- (2022-04-26) Glushe: Awesome program! It does just what it says, saves all webp images to png with no problem
- (2022-04-23) Vla D: can NOT convert local .webp file to PNG
- (2022-04-13) Victor noscriptstyle: muy rapido de ocupar y simple
- (2022-04-07) Вик Волчик (Magnapony): Основные проблемы: Не запоминает папку сохранения (это понятно). Но ещё что бесит, он вставляет своё имя файла. Тем самым, файлы постоянно конфликтуют. Приходится переименовывать в ручную. В чём уже теряется смысл расширения... облегчить жизнь с сохранением картинок. Собственно, и другие расширения в магазине хром работает так же. Тут удивляться не приходится. Работают по одному простому принципу. Заменить формат файла на PNG, и всё. Но меняется не формат, а всё название. Мне легче в ручную формат переименовать, чем здесь переименовывать изображения. Ладно, не решилась проблема, и плевать. Поправка: Расширение "Save image as Type" не меняет название файла. Он сохраняет название, меняя только формат. Это гораздо лучше. Лучше перейду на него.
- (2022-03-23) Lonfo Sbernecchia: it works, but please add an option to remember the last used folder to save an image
- (2022-03-13) Kevin Carpenter: Works, and that's all I need it to do.
- (2022-03-11) Sabi: It's okay, work for some, not for others. The most annoying part is that when it DOES work, it does not remember the file location you just saved to, it just defaults to downloads, always....
- (2022-02-21) Charles Falconer: Have had no issues with this extension, it's a massive time saver!! For anyone unsure on how to use it, remember it adds an option to your right click menu, so right click the image and click Save Image as PNG. I have found myself forgetting this a few times and trying to find the option in the plugin menu on the top right of browser.
- (2022-02-13) Laxes The Corgi: Don't understand Why some much hate this Extension is completely free and of course it's not going to be Flawless, for the people hating on it cause it does not work on some Websites like Wix, or really unknown ones I'm sorry but for everyone else Amazing! Does break down again but easy to fix just remove and add back.
- (2021-12-10) Vojtěch Holub: Doesnt work for instagram
- (2021-10-30) JaJe: Works like a charm to 9gag! I can now save images as PNG and share with others. Great tool!
- (2021-10-30) Juliah Chan: Perfect!! Thank you so much.
- (2021-09-29) Blissfucker: This is nearly a perfect extension for me. Copying and pasting a picture into an editing program then saving as PNG is such a hassle. However, there's 2 main issues with this extension. 1. It should remember the last place you saved a picture. Normally when you save a picture (without the extension), the next time you save another picture, it'll take you to the last folder you saved to. Starting at the downloads folder every time is a waste of time and goes against why I sought out an extension like this in the first place. 2. For some reason, when I have this extension installed on a secondary user on Chrome and use it, it causes Chrome to be unresponsive for about 15-20 seconds and its RAM usage gradually goes up until it reaches 4-5gb. Afterwards everything goes back to normal and it doesn't happen again at all, until you restart the browser. It happens on the first save every single time you open your browser anew. This issue is also present on Brave, even though I have no more than 1 user there. Right now I only have this extension installed on my first user on Chrome and nowhere else so this issue is not present.
- (2021-08-30) 0 0: Hello, your chrome extension is not working. Thank you for your extension, it would be helpful. But when I try to save a picture, it saves it to the same folder, without remembering the folder where I saved the picture the last time. Because of this, the extension cannot be used. Please correct.
- (2021-07-22) Luc Forbes: Works well, haven't had any real issues. It's a bit annoying that it automatically opens the download bar when an image is saved, but it's not a huge deal.
- (2021-06-10) no name: "An error occurred while loading https://i.pximg.net/......." Was an awesome tool to have while it worked, but Pixiv found a way to disable it with their last update?
- (2021-04-06) K.C. Weng: This is one of my frequently used extensions, However, it does not save files to the previous folder and always point to the Downloads folder. It becomes very inefficient to save multiple files on the same page to the same location. Please fix this and it will be a great tool.
- (2021-03-27) M. J.: luckily I rarely have to use chrome, thank you for fixing what google prefers to keep broken
- (2021-03-03) 希望alex: Works! Thanks.
- (2022-08-04, v:1.0.2) Kz Jarrard: Download Location
Please add the feature for the program to remember the previous save/download location and have the option to default to there instead of the "Downloads" folder. This will improve the viability of the extension immensely.
- (2022-06-26, v:1.0.2) Bone Head: change what the file names save as?
is there a way to make it stop defaulting to "download" as file name?
- (2022-05-06, v:1.0.2) Daniel Glen: Save image in the same directory
When saving an image using this extension, the save dialog box will only ever navigate to the Downloads folder (on OSX at least). It would be nice if it navigated to the previous directory an image was saved in by default, as it would make it more efficient and easier to organise files when saving multiple images at a time. I'm hoping you might consider adding this to the extension. Thank you!
- (2022-03-13, v:1.0.2) Jeanne Chrystle Mariano: not working
I found one that works https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/save-image-by-right-click/hhmnengcgekecnlielgcfcbjanjlnifg
- (2021-08-07, v:1.0.2) Brad Codd: An error occurred while saving the image: Invalid filename
- (2021-06-07, v:1.0.2) Victor Duse: Save as JPG
The addon works fine but it would be super nice there were a setting for saving images as JPG as an addition to PNG.
- (2021-04-19, v:1.0.2) Charles Hansen: convert file from pdf to png
it doesn't allow conversion maybe i'm doing something wrong could use some direction or maybe wrong application
- (2021-02-23, v:1.0.2) Preston Comafa: Doesnt work
This one doesnt work but i found one that does https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/save-image-as-type-20/hhmnengcgekecnlielgcfcbjanjlnifg
- (2021-01-24, v:1.0.2) Electric Wardrobe: saving as TNP
It has worked for me for years, but now suddenly pictures save as TNP instead of PNG, how can I fix this?
- (2020-08-04, v:1.0.2) Eric Schneider: Image opening automatically
Recently, whenever I save an image as png, after selecting the save destination, the image opens automatically in the default image program (in my case windows photos). This did not happen before and I cannot get this behavior to stop.
- (2020-05-31, v:1.0.2) Steve Butters: Download directory
Hi, love your extension, was wondering if you could add functionality for choosing download directory? With saving images from chrome normally, whichever file you last saved an image to will be the file that automatically is chosen to save the next image to, but with this extension it defaults to saving in the images folder, but I like to save to desktop. App is great otherwise, this would be a nice quality of life feature though!
- (2019-04-27, v:1.0.2) Warmuser: Please, add the
Please, add the possibility to save the picture also in other different formats, for example ".bmp", ".tiff", etc.. Also by default setting in the Browser. It's a bit annoying to save each photo by selecting the extension. It could be greater If it will be consent automatically by a setting. Let me know if it is possible, thanks!
- (2019-04-07, v:1.0.2) Christian Björkman: Does not work anymore
Only get "failed - network error" when trying to save an image.
- (2019-03-24, v:1.0.2) cannot download pic using png
i kept getting download error..why is that...the app said its compatible to my device. thanks please help i need this in my work asap.
- (2018-12-19, v:1.0.2) Styxx Rivers: Save as location
This is to painful to use for more then a single image. PLEASE allow us to set a default location or choose last location.
- (2018-10-24, v:1.0.2) меня зовут людмила я с прозьбой как мне измените эту картинку
меня зовут людмила я с прозьбой как мне измените эту картинку
- (2018-10-21, v:1.0.2) Michael Haney: Crashes the Broswer
Since the latest update to Google Chrome the extension crashes the browser when trying to save an image. This is happening to other people on Windows and I'm on Linux, the extension worked fine before the latest Chrome update.
- (2018-09-26, v:1.0.2) Ucop Pocu: network error
cannot use anymore.. network error appear
- (2018-09-12, v:1.0.2) 999MDA999: Folder location
Please let users decide where to save the pictures to. Or use the last used folder. It's a pain when using it often to browse around to get to the save folder for every single PNG...
- (2018-04-26, v:1.0.2) Not Remember Last saved Location Path
hi Please can you set the download location to the last location used. tnx
- (2018-02-07, v:1.0.2) Remember previously saved location
Please can you set the download location to the previous location used. Very time consuming to navigate to the correct folder each time. Many thanks