Gif Delayer delays playing gifs until they are fully downloaded.
Gif Delayer solves one of the dumbest first-world problems by hiding all gifs until they have fully loaded. Never again will you have to see stuttering gifs that start playing before being fully downloaded. And you will no longer have to wait until a gif loops to see the beginning. 0.1.1 - Fix issue with gif urls not showing gif and prevent fetching of 'undefined' images. 0.1.0 - display gif's total size while loading when available 0.0.9 - fix bug preventing standalone gifs from ever loading 0.0.8 - fix bug overriding default gif styling on certain websites 0.0.7 - fix bug preventing gifs from loading on Wolfram Alpha 0.0.6 - more efficient loading hooks - remove cruft from package (moving common code to submodule for FF/Safari releases) 0.0.5 - added css spinner to loading text - remove absolute positioning from loading text 0.0.4 - show gif if any errors - clean up code - log messages to console - use all_urls for injection matching 0.0.3 - Tracks loaded and loading gifs to reduce duplicate resource requests if gif already cached for the page - Should not hide buttons in GMail - not working 100%, sometimes navigation buttons still hidden until you hover them, or scroll the page 0.0.2 - Handle gifs added to the DOM after initial load properly. - Works with Hover Zoom
- (2020-10-24) お Bay Draken: bu uygulamadan hiç bir şey anlamadım
- (2018-11-27) Bernardo Balduzzi: nada pra diser
- (2018-09-28) logicert ctas: buena
- (2018-07-05) quadrplax: Breaks most images on Wikia
- (2017-11-17) Somehow this causes problems with Linkedin.
- (2017-09-11) Adriana Coronado: Buena app'
- (2017-04-18) Ben Johnson: Prevents LinkedIn from loading. Had to uninstall it.
- (2017-03-09) 句吏酢: Indeed, used to work but now only glitches-out website layouts and causes random (non-gif) images to not load at all on some sites.
- (2017-01-24) Maxwell Swann: Worked well until recently.. Needs an update?
- (2016-12-07) Raffhell Hadden: L'app fa il suo dovere, purtroppo su alcuni siti, tipo nonciclopedia (e la wiki in genere?), non permette l'anteprima delle immagini: da verificare :)
- (2016-11-30) bill d: Does its job, but has a bug wherein gifs or images do not load on some pages. Disabling this extension resolved the issue immediately. If this bug were fixed, would continue to use Gif Delayer.
- (2016-11-29) John Smith: For some reason, this extension completely disables images on some sites, such as Wikia.
- (2016-11-01) Nick Ratzlaff: Doesn't work at all
- (2016-10-30) Eric Laska: Does not work at all: .gif and .gifv extensions all start playing immediately.
- (2016-10-20) Nives Millions: no longer works
- (2016-09-02) Ryan Ess: Did not work at all. Gifs are still choppy till they play through once.
- (2016-05-22) Alex Hay: Didn't work
- (2016-01-30) Evan Eady: doesn't work at all. lets get some app developers in here doing some troubleshooting eh?
- (2016-01-18) Eden Daus: Works fine before. A couple of months ago does not work anymore.
- (2015-12-29) Sviataslav Yanovich: Extension generally works but causes heavy problems on some sites.
- (2015-12-09) Morrison Renfroe: GIFs from Kinja domains never load correctly. It would be great if there were some settings that were user-accessible to create a whitelist, etc.
- (2015-11-22) Bryant Wagner: While excellent for forums, Gif Delayer completely breaks how images work on certain sites. Being able to selectively apply this to sites would make this an easy 5-star.
- (2015-09-12) Nishant G: Works good but you have a bug on steam community workshop, everything gets displaced out of the frame. Disabling.
- (2015-07-29) Dirk Van der Laarse: Breaks Todoist Web app
- (2015-07-15) zachary mcvagh: i love it
- (2017-03-09, v:0.1.1) Clinton Glanville: LinkedIn
This extension was preventing LinkedIn loading. As soon as I disabled it, this fixed the issue.
- (2016-08-21, v:0.1.1) Karan Rajpal: MAssive slowdowns on Gmail
This extension causes Gmail to lag a lot. Or am I the only one?
- (2016-07-07, v:0.1.1) Jonathan Rozen: Videos not progressing
I've been using this extension for around a year, but last week I noticed that regular videos (youtube and such) weren't "progressing". By that I mean that the browser just stayed on one frame and never showed the rest of the video. When I disabled your extension and restarted chrome, the videos started working again. I'm not really sure why this only happened a week ago, the only reason I can think of is me switching to the "material" version of chrome.
- (2016-04-19, v:0.1.1) gifs drop to the bottom of posts
Hey, this has been a problem for quite a while now. When browsing forums, embedded gifs with be displayed at the bottom of posts, regardless of where they were put in the posts. It breaks post display.
- (2016-01-30, v:0.1.1) Evan Eady: doesnt work.
worked fine for a few months now its totally worthless.
- (2015-11-05, v:0.1.1) Michael Hardesty: Steam Community doesnt work.
if you go to the steam comunity the screenshots are displaced, if you would/could add a configurable URL blacklist that would solve a couple peoples issues
- (2015-10-05, v:0.1.1) Derek Herr: Doesn't work.
I saw no difference after installing this. I tried closing and restarting Chrome but it had no effect. I figured I would ask you about why it doesn't work before I give 1 star review.
- (2015-06-15, v:0.1.1) Ben Shelock: Broken images
It breaks a lot of images on wikia sites
- (2015-06-12, v:0.1.1) Michael DeBruyn: Problem... and Suggestion
The one thing that bugs be about this addon can best be explained by example: I'm in college, and I use a website called OWL for my online chemistry homework. However, when the addon is enabled, most static, non-animated GIFs that the site uses (i.e. chemical reaction arrows) appear out of place, having loaded after the rest of the page. (A similar thing happens in Gmail; some button images just don't appear) When I disable it, the problem goes away, but this has become annoying, having to essentially turn it off and on like that. My point: can you update the addon, or add a menu option or something, that can screen out or prevent the loading delay of static, one-frame GIF images?
- (2015-04-20, v:0.1.1) Some sites don't work well
Some sites (for example, gmail) don't like the way this extension work. It cause most images (small buttons arrows and the like) to disappear. A solution would be an option to "blacklist" some websites from the extension.