Dark Theme switch any web pages to dark mode. Take care of your eyes day using a dark reader or change screen brightness.
Dark Theme - Dark Reader for Web offers a dark theme for all websites, making it ideal for individuals working at night or those who prefer a dark background for online news or book reading. By applying the dark mode to all websites in your browser, you can create a better experience while browsing. Moreover, you have the option to exclude specific domains from the dark theme to further customize browsing experience. Additionally, the extension allows you to design your own custom theme using any color of your choice. This way, you can personalize the dark mode according to your preferences. What benefits does the Dark Mode extension offer? - You can manually switch the dark mode on or off by clicking on the extension icon. - You have the option to exclude or include specific sites from the dark mode by accessing "Dark Mode" and selecting "Disable/Enable Dark Mode for this site." - The extension allows you to customize the colors for websites according to your preferences. - You can set an automatic schedule for the dark mode to turn on or off by enabling "Auto ON/OFF" in the settings section. With Dark Theme, social networks, mainstream sites, and all other websites will be seamlessly transformed with dark colors for a unified dark mode experience. Introducing the new Option page with several useful features: 1. Site exclusion: Enter a correct web address to exclude specific pages from applying the black theme. 2. Page exclusion: Optionally add domains that you don't want the black theme to be applied to. 3. Theme changer: You can now create your own custom theme, save it, rename it, and apply it whenever you like. Night Shift: Activate Night Shift mode to change the screen's usual light to a warmer tone, safeguarding your eyes. You can easily toggle the tool on and off with a single click as needed. Both Night Shift and Dark Reader extensions automatically shift the colors of your browser content to the warmer end of the color spectrum after dark. Dark Reader: This eye-care extension enables night mode by generating dark themes for websites on the fly. It inverts bright colors, creating high contrast and easy-to-read content at night. The extension applies a dark theme to all websites, making it perfect for those who work at night or enjoy reading online news or books with a dark background. Dark Theme for YouTube: This extension transforms the YouTube theme into a highly customizable dark charcoal/blue theme. Built on top of the default YouTube theme (native dark theme), this Dark Reader extension is lightweight compared to using themes injected by Stylish or Stylus extensions. We welcome your questions and comments for our extension. Your feedback is highly valued!
- (2023-11-14) BWL FODS: As a migraine sufferer, I've been using this for total of 15 minutes and have already fallen in love with it. Migraine is simply incompatible with bright white web pages, and most usual color inverters don't help, as the result is too high contrast and is still painful to read. This extension allows for contrast finetuning and is awesome.
- (2023-11-13) Mutlu DEMİRTEKİN (Beyazkurt): Absolutely everything i needed.nthe only bug is that once you apply a font to a website all the special symbols on the website for special tabs are replace with an invalid empty square.nmy point is could you edit extension is some way that the font is specifically only applied to letters only?nAlso, could you allow for a setting so that the extension does apply to every tab but only for the blog or the current website I activate it on. nTY
- (2023-11-13) SITAM4: Would be 5 stars, but have had issues with high cpu usage. Googled the issue, and it said it may be caused by an extension. As soon as I disabled this one, everything was fine. This has been one of my favorite extensions for the longest time. Like 2 years now. I suffer from frequent migraines, due to light, and can't handle bright white web pages. This extension has been a lifesaver. I don't know if there will be anymore updates in the future, but I hope that this is something that is addressed. I would love to be able to re-enable the extension.
- (2023-11-13) Boxin Liu: Love it, helpful for my eyes, I can't stand those bright wight pages, I end up adjusting my brightness on my screen which makes everything to dark. This is awesome!!!
- (2023-11-12) Eric Ketzer (Nietzschescode): it is good, but many pages flashes white when arriving on a the site.
- (2023-11-11) Bruno Manchego Valdivia: Amazing!!! I was using dark mode from chrome://flags/. It was okay. But there were noticeable areas where it fell down. I was messing around with Dark Reader for about five minutes in Firefox. It blew my mind. What a beautiful extension. The design of the UI is outstanding. The elegant, yet granular, level of control plus nicely implemented Dev Tools gives other extension developers a high bar. This is the fastest that I've ever awarded a 5-star rating and review! Just a sweet little app.
- (2023-11-07) Guilherme Gasparin: Like a magicstick turns white and aggressive into dark and calm. I only found this for wiktionary.org. Thank you, my eyes say.
- (2023-11-07) Harazakee Xiaomi: Looks great, especially on imgflip.com. However, I don't appear to be able to have on with one specific website and off with another. Edit: never mind i figured that out too. Solid 5 stars
- (2023-11-06) Goold Evil: O Dark Reader, O Dark Reader. How do I love thee! Seriously, this is such a game changer for my whole web experience. After installing I just randomly hit on the perfect sepia blend and I have been loving it since!!! (Dark mode, Brightness -30, Contrast -10, Sepia +65, Greyscale off, Dynamic theme generation.) Makes everything look so classy and readable. I am so light sensitive, but this not only makes my hours of screen time tolerable, it makes it beautiful! Please don't ever leave me.
- (2023-11-02) Leandro Hygson: Amazing, eyes feel so much better. Don't understand why most websites employ apps like this.
- (2023-11-02) Cassio R: Finally I find a good dark mode Chrome Extensions, Highly recommend to download this extensions.
- (2023-11-02) Tv Box: Really good Light Theme to Dark Theme converter. I use it for Github and some documentation sites that don't have Dark Theme. Absolutely a life saver!
- (2023-10-30) Gabriel Lino: Love it! The best dark theme extension I've used. Others can distort images, or don't adjust colours well and makes things almost the same colour and sometimes leaves large portions unchanged.nnThis one seems to do it all, as if the page was made with a built in Dark Theme. It almost seems intelligent in the way it colours things. nnVery happy. Donated. You should too!
- (2023-10-30) Sabrina Alves Brito: Great, but would be nice to have easier control over individual elements of a page. For instance using 'trac' the red boxes get inverted to a pea green color in Dynamic mode that is horrible to look at when leaving them red would be fine.
- (2023-10-30) Danilo Silva: This is the only one that really works! Simply to operate too. Doesn't invert image colours. Doesn't work on all sites though.
- (2023-10-28) Walter Hugo Rocadore: nice extension! it allows my eyes not to be tired after long hours of reading at my dark room. i even use it at the daytime. nthe only thing i'd like to improve is that when it's enabled it converts images too so they look kind of weird and sometimes scary (when with people's faces)
- (2023-10-28) Davi Alves: With this extension, browsing the internet is much easier on the eyes! nnThe only flaw I've noticed so far is that some images can have their colours inverted, leading to me seeing some very demonic people.
- (2023-10-27) Prof. Dr. Milton Silva Junior: really good i recomend it for reading i mostly use it for day to day with so many websites i even use it on my phone on fire fox workes perfectly but on the phone it does slow loding time other than that really good i havent had any problems