A fullscreen URL launcher
** PLEASE READ THE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW FOR SETTING UP KEYBOARD SHORTCUTS ** A very simple extension for full screen browsing letting you - easily navigate between tabs - easily navigate to a new URL by typing it in the box (enter to navigate in the current tab or shift+enter to open in a new tab) - close tabs by ctrl+clicking in the list - search Google like you would in the Omnibox address bar, or type "d?" to get a duckduckgo search. Any issues please ask a question in the forum (bottom of the page) at http://www.blitzlogger.com/blitz-chrome-url-extension.html or @wlhart on twitter. If you just place a review on here with an issue I can't contact you to help out! ** INSTRUCTIONS ** In Chrome v22 or greater bind the extension to a key once installed by navigating to chrome://extensions, scrolling down the bottom and looking for the link "Configure Commands". When in full screen mode you can then hit your keyboard shortcut, type your URL and hit enter. You can also click on a tab name to switch tabs, or ctrl+click to close it. This plugin doesn't collect any data and there are no analytics attached either. You can view the source at https://github.com/will-hart/blitz_fullscreen_chrome_extension and a tutorial of how and why the plugin was built at http://www.blitzlogger.com **CHANGES** Version 1.2.4: + Modified searching to match the Omnibox + Existing search syntax still supported - i.e. using "?", "g?" or "d?" prefix Version 1.2.3: + Shift+Enter in text box to open a new tab at URL + Ctrl+Click on a tab to close it Version 1.2.2: + Active tab is highlighted + Also search google by typing `?` + Restyled Version 1.2.1: + Search google by typing `g?` and then a search query + Search duck duck go by typing `d?` and then a search query Version 1.2: - Removed "go" button, just hit enter to navigate + Added a clickable list of tabs to the plugin so you never have to leave fullscreen! + Restyled a bit to make it slightly prettier Version 1.1: + Show current URL in the link box + Add "http://" to start of URL if not present to allow typing "google.com" into the address bar
- (2021-07-02) Михаил Заволока: Very nice. The launcher is just what I was looking for - it can open both urls and google searches if the query is not a url. But it's not a good tab switcher extension. It allows to almost never quit fullscreen mode )).
- (2020-08-13) Денис Дечев: Thanks! This is exactly what i needed for PWA when you go to page that says 404 or similar and there is no homepage_button you are stuck but with this extension I can open homepage easily without closing and opening the whole window again
- (2019-02-10) Ma Chao: nice
- (2018-09-27) Vitaly Zdanevich: Please add an optional dark theme and allow to choose site from list using arrow keys.
- (2018-03-21) Mehran Prs: It's very nice , Thanks .
- (2017-12-03) Jason Gomez: I use webpages in full screen mode on virtual desktops, so this is very useful for me. It would be even better if it has autocomplete support from the history, but I don't know if that is technically possible. Another thing would be keyboard navigation using the arrow keys, to select or close tabs.
- (2017-11-05) Rich: Exactly what I needed! I don't know what the hell Google has against showing the address bar in full screen, but fortunately, this is a nice workaround for that issue.
- (2017-10-21) PlesiothX: HOW about a "X" button next to every tab so its possible to close them with one click and without looking for the shortcut
- (2017-09-23) Chris Waterguy: Great concept, but no autocomplete/suggestions/bookmarks when I start typing. Maybe that's a limitation of Chrome and not something the dev can fix (I don't know) but unfortunately it means I don't like using it. If you generally type your urls in full and navigating in full screen mode, this is a great extension for you.
- (2017-03-14) Mirko Dev: Deve essere possibile chiudere le schede dall'elenco di Blitz.
- (2016-12-08) Mr Mirouf: Extension très pratique qui remplit parfaitement son rôle et qui nécessite peu d'autorisations. Elle est de plus, bien documentée dans le store. Du tout bon!
- (2016-10-11) Reset 77: it works really good. Even if this extension is dead, development stopped 2 years ago, its still the better full screen url launcher thanks!!
- (2016-02-25) Михаил Фоменко: Круто
- (2016-01-12) Lorenz Leitner: Works well, no URL predictions though.
- (2015-10-26) Tainan Reis: Don't forget to read the instructions! It works great, thank you!
- (2015-09-20) Sergey Gorbikov: Didn't like it because when I type a new URL there is no prediction, so I need to type all long addresses :(
- (2015-07-03) Hansel Ivanov: The olny weak part of it, is that it doesn't show all the tabs when the are a lot of them opened up :(
- (2015-01-14) kapitanluffy: weird extension homepage. now i am getting paranoid that this extension logs every website i visit. -- better than Fullscreen tab. works on any tab (tested it with great suspender extension). would really love to change the color of the extension though.
- (2014-11-10) Rob Boone: Works as advertised, every time (on Ubuntu 14.04). My only gripe: I'd love to launch bookmarks from Blitz; I frequently use bookmarklets to manipulate webpages, and currently I still have to exit fullscreen to launch a bookmarklet. Otherwise, stellar extension which even works with custom new tab pages.
- (2014-07-24) Mike Niner: For those who have problems with hardware acceleration and the crap of the ATI Radeon, you can contour the problem with this stuff. Thanks for de Dev.
- (2014-04-23) I am using on Windows 8 environment Chrome. Initially I am not sure that it is working. But after setting a "Keyboard short-cuts (Ctrl + L) under chrome extension page" as suggested by user "Tasdiq Ameem" able to enjoy goggling in full-screen mode. Surprisingly it is not mentioned any-where in the video provided by "Blitz". If the "HELP" to activate on full-screen is added, then it will be much easier for users, until google realizes its importance. Thanks Blitz for providing such nice add-on.
- (2013-12-21) Dale Davies: Fantastic, really works and is just perfect for my tiny notebook screen
- (2013-11-30) Adrian Balcanu: It just does the job It supposed to do! You must manually configure the shortcut key for the extension and you are ready to go:)
- (2013-10-01) Curious Coin: One of few functions Chrome originaly is missing. Love it!
- (2013-08-09) Dan Reidy: Thank you! Thank You! Thank you! (don't forget to read the install directions to setup a keyboard shortcut!) (ps. YES you can use a keyboard shortcut, read the directions. Using KDE here also. You need to read the directions)
- (2013-06-12) Tristan Moraine: Super extension, qui comble à peu près la lacune de chrome. Dommage qu'on ne puisse pas s'en servir quand on masque le bouton!
- (2013-06-08) Gareth Kitson: Great app - now feel I can stay in full screen 90% of the time. Many thanks.
- (2013-04-17) Tasdiq Ameem: Only one that actually works!! To make a shortcut, just click on "configure commands" in your chrome extension page. Also remember, it doesn't work if you choose to hide the button. It would be better if the typical secondary address bar functions were present like ctrl+Enter command or direct search option. But for now, this has been the only one I've come across that actually works for all websites in full screen mode :)
- (2020-09-21, v:1.2.4) Lasse Holst Knudsen: Activation
I have heard that you need some kind of shortcut to be able to use the extentions, but I can't find the place where is will allow me to do that. Please help
- (2019-05-10, v:1.2.4) Jeffrey Kaplan: No options to set use
Chrome 74. There are no options in this plugin, so no way to actually use it.
- (2018-08-31, v:1.2.4) 김우일: I wanna open chrome://settings
I can't access to 'chrome://' like chrome://settings, chrome://extensions, etc. I wanna open them.
- (2018-01-21, v:1.2.4) Miguel Marcelo: Autofill function
Hey, this thing is great! It does exactly what I was looking for. But when I'm typing in the search bar, I'd like seeing a autofill bar with google suggestions. Would it be possible?
- (2018-01-07, v:1.2.4) Jason Gomez: Ignore my previous comment.
I just realised why it isn't working in Windows. I need to set the custom keyboard shortcut that I have been using (Alt-D).
- (2018-01-07, v:1.2.4) Jason Gomez: Doesn't work in Windows?
I've been using this with no problems in Linux (Mint), but just noticed that it doesn't seem to do anything in Windows. What's going on?
- (2017-12-28, v:1.2.4) Help
How do you use this extension?
- (2017-02-20, v:1.2.4) Mohd Ismail: A design changes reuest
Just make the design looks more material design like the google native design, it will look better with chrome
- (2016-01-26, v:1.2.4) Basti: Custom search Engine
Hi, can i add a custom search engine instead of google ? Thanks
- (2015-09-20, v:1.2.4) Two feature requests, one small bug report
Hi there, love your app, 2 small feature requests: 1. Please include clearer instructions on setting keyboard shortcuts in Chrome (I know it's not your fault, but it's a relatively obscure feature that one other reviewer and myself did not know about). I mean like, right on top, maybe even in ALL CAPS, TELL THEM THAT THEY NEED TO SET A KEYBOARD SHORTCUT IN THE CHROME EXTENSIONS WINDOW. 2. The window takes about 0.5 seconds to load, by which time I've already typed in a couple characters that don't display on the screen. Can you: a) Make the window load time shorter, or at least b) Capture the input before opening the window so that my first letters don't disappear into a black hole. Thanks again for the useful app! :)
- (2015-06-20, v:1.2.4) Dry Dryy: Can't assign key
Right now, I can't access the "option" menu and therefore can't assign a key to the extension, rendering it useless. Is the plug in abandonned and not updated anymore or is it just an isolated issue i'm encountering? It's a seriously awesome idea and i got excited for nothing since it doesn't work for me haha
- (2014-08-22, v:1.2.4) Jennifer Mannoja: Compatible with Kiosk ChromeBox
Hi there, I'm trying to set up a Chrome Box in Kiosk mode. I currently have it in a Single App Kiosk Mode that opens up into a Chrome Browser. However, the omnibox is not present! I was wondering if this could replace the app that currently open up or if I can use this as an extension to replace the Omnibox's absence. Thanks!