Stop Backspace key shortcut taking you back to previous page.
Have you ever pressed the "backspace" key only to find that Chrome has taken you to the previous page? Chrome has a keyboard shortcut for the "Backspace" button which when pressed takes you to the previous web address. Most users don't use this and to their frustration and probably yours, Chrome takes you to the previous page. This often happens when you have spent time to type something lengthy in an online form only to lose all that work. This extension mediates in those cases and disables the backspace key shortcut from ruining your productivity. It allows the conventional use of the backspace key as a text delete key. NO ADWARE. NO TROJANS. NO VIRUSES. This is an update to the BackStop extension developed by Matt Cranham. It fixes the issues brought up in the comments.
- (2017-03-01) Empurror Katz: You are my savior! You should win a Nobel Peace Award!
- (2017-02-07) Kes: doesnt work
- (2016-07-31) James Parks: This has worked for me in Windows 7, 8.1 and 10. Essentially, if you're typing in a text box and your cursor wanders to the main page and out of the text box, then pressing the 'backspace' button takes you back to the previous page rather than the previous space inside the text, thus losing all the work you've created. This stopped that problem just as advertised.
- (2016-06-27) Mitchell Barker: It didn't work. I agree with Plankton Jr. I must type this comment without mistakes because I ei will not be able to fis fix them grrrrrrrrrrr! FIXED IT! Turned out all I had to do was restart my computer and it went back to normal. If that didn't work, my next step would have been to uninstall and reinstall Chrome.
- (2016-06-09) Patrick Kennedy: Works in the address bar, but not in the text fields. In fact, I can't even backspace in this review! Instead i have to highlight and type over it.
- (2016-06-08) Derek Olsson: Not working for me...backspacing while not in a text field is still acting as a back button.
- (2016-05-31) Jesse Tendler: so far, so good!
- (2016-05-15) eric berryman: Thanks, this help a lot better then other extensions.
- (2016-04-16) binary cat: works, but only when backspace wouldn't have taken me 🔙 a page, otherwise, I could not use backspace.
- (2016-04-06) Allen Joiner, Jr: Works as advertised, and still allows backspace in edit text boxes.
- (2016-03-30) Michael Lamendola: Doesn't work!
- (2016-01-20) James Parsons: Works as expected! Thanks!
- (2016-01-08) Yves M: Works
- (2015-09-18) Terry Parkins: Does what it says on the tin!
- (2018-02-20, v:3.0.1) Grace Filkins: Not working any ore
Backstay worked for a while but now it does not and is grayed out in Chrome. I loved that it worked but what now? I have uninstalled and reinstalled, then refreshed the pages I was on and still the same issue.
- (2016-06-09, v:3.0.1) Patrick Kennedy: does not work
Backspace does not work anywhere but in the address bar. Even in this review text box, it brings me back to the overview.
- (2016-06-08, v:3.0.1) Derek Olsson: Not working at all
backspace still acting as back button
- (2016-06-06, v:3.0.1) Stephen Sobierajski: "Reads Pages"
This app is able to read the pages that I visit? So what is to stop the app from collecting the information on the pages that I use. For example, can I feel safe with this app installed if I visit my bank website or my personal accounts on various other company pages?
- (2016-04-25, v:3.0.1) Josh B.: Not working for me
Using Chrome 49.0.2623.112 (64-bit) on Mac OS X 10.11.4.