Restores browser behavior of navigating to previous page when pressing the Backspace key.
This extension requires permissions to inject a piece of code in all of the pages you visit. If that freaks you out, that's ok. Handing over those permissions freaks me out too. You can choose to install this extension from source (it's very short) to make sure it's not doing anything malicious. See: https://github.com/oslego/chrome-backspace-back#from-source
- (2021-06-01) Will Ashley: Doesn't let you denylist certain sites. Some sites have horrible engineers behind them where if you type a backspace in a text area, it will trigger the extension and navigate back instead of actually doing a backspace. You need to give us the option to disable the extension on a per-domain basis
- (2021-03-03) Y 110: いつもながらgoogleはオナニストだよな！ ユーザビリティには程遠いサービスだよ！！ ほんと、わがままな会社だよ！googleは、、、、、、 これだけのバックスースの拡張機能がリリースされて、それを入れている人がこれだけいる意味を考えてほしいものだよ！
- (2021-02-03) Retro Man: After updating Brave to version 1.19.90 on a Mac this extension was flagged as being malware and was automatically disabled. I have switched to the Google "Go Back With Backspace" at https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/go-back-with-backspace/eekailopagacbcdloonjhbiecobagjci It works the same as the previous extension.
- (2020-10-21) Christina Eneroth: This is an essential extension. I have no idea how this basic functionally could be removed from Chrome. It is up to individual websites to warn if the user is about to leave whiteout saving first. That covers backspace, back button in browser, forward button in browser, back button on mouse, forward button on mouse, links, closing the browser, closing the tab etc. Removing a key feature because some sites are broken is stupid!
- (2020-04-11) Stefanno: it saved so much of my time that reviewing this 5 star is the least i could do. must have.
- (2020-03-12) S LT: gut, aber gibt bessere alternative, die auch mit chrome remote desktop umgehen kann.
- (2020-02-18) Mark Young: Brilliant!
- (2019-11-19) 김도현: Nice extension, I wanna switch on/off this function. thanks.
- (2019-09-13) Sergey Valiulik: Great!!!
- (2019-08-19) zombehhunter: Has done exactly as described, have never had any issue with the page going back while typing in a text field.
- (2019-08-06) Trailfinders Ltd: Perfect
- (2019-07-19) John B: Its great but a new problem has arisen with Chrome Remote Desktop. Chrome Remote Desktop is now a browser only app and pressing backspace within it (editing text on remote computer) navigates you out of the session - quite jarring! An exception needs to be added for this site, or the functionality for users to omit sites. Thanks!
- (2019-05-15) Raz Havosha: work!
- (2019-02-07) Leonardo Bellettini: It works as expected
- (2019-02-01) Corey Ogburn: It would be nice if there was an exclusion list. Very rarely I find a site that handles backspace a little differently like google's remotedesktop.google.com where if I'm connected to a remote machine and want to backspace something on that machine, instead this plugin takes me back a page. 99% of the time this plugin is seamlessly doing exactly what I want, but at least for one website I wish I could disable it.
- (2019-01-25) Hyunjin Jeong: The best extension in Chrome.
- (2018-12-26) Jan Nowak: Not working :<
- (2018-12-14) Marat Alexandria: на комп не сталю это приложение тк есть а мышка а ноуте самое то спс за нее
- (2018-12-06) Андрей Сумароков: Спасибо! Категорически согласен с многими пользователями здесь - какого икса Гугл убил такую удобную функцию?!
- (2018-11-22) Николай Егоров: Одна из причин почему ненавидел хром и пользовался фоксом - выпиленный backspace. Теперь одной причиной меньше, спасибо!
- (2018-11-06) 김석진: 좋네요~~~~
- (2018-10-10) Katherine Silkaitis: Every time I get a new computer, I remember how stupid it is that I need to get this extension. So, thanks to the extension, and hoping one day Chrome will just reinstate this feature.
- (2018-10-06) Francesco Castelo: Hitting back goes back 2 pages, not one.
- (2018-09-27) Thijs van Uijtert: works great... a little too good, if typing in "mathway" and u press backspace, you leave the page x.x for most websites this doesn't occur, but i'd like to see a "pause" option so i can pause the extension when i don't need it
- (2018-09-07) Ayman: Indispensable extension. As soon as Chrome removed this functionality, I knew I'd have to go and find an extension to restore it. Now, going back on pages is faster than ever like before.
- (2018-09-06) Garret Jacobs: I liked this for a while but when viewing web PDFs and filling out some other forums backspace will still go back a page instead of deleting the entered text. This means you just lost everything you filled out. My new mouse has forward and back browsing buttons so I use those instead now.
- (2018-08-07) Jayesper: Does not seem to be working for me. Unsure if it is fully compliant as of now. Using in Torch, will find the one I used in Chrome.
- (2018-07-15) SJ P: good 좋아요
- (2018-06-14) Clutch Nixon: Didn't work for me unfortunately.
- (2018-04-11) Does not work in chrome webstore. Alt + left arrow on the other hand does.
- (2018-03-08) Ryan Sullivan: I love having backspace to go back.
- (2018-02-03) Nanette Turner: Initially I loved this extension but it stopped working!! I tried disabling it and re-enabling it to no success. I finally had to uninstall it, re-install it, restart Chrome and Wah-Lah it's back to working again. I've rated this a "3" because of the issue of it not working..... but I've re-installed it so maybe I could have rated it higher.
- (2017-12-27) Romāns Juričko: nedarbojas
- (2021-07-05, v:1.1.1) Janis Dubra: Going back more than one step at a press
I often browse ads and go into the ad, then back, using this extension. Most of the time it works fine, but there are times, like 1 in 20 or so, when it goes back 2 steps instead of one and it's quite a bit annoying..
- (2021-02-05, v:1.1.1) dnbdave: Remove Chrome Remote Desktop breaking please. It's been ages.
Remove Chrome Remote Desktop breaking please. It's been ages.
- (2020-12-03, v:1.1.1) Ayla B.: Can't use backspace to delete in Google Docs without triggering "back" extension
Something changed recently that now makes backspace trigger "back" when I'm in Google Docs. I'll have to disable it until that's fixed, as I use Docs regularly and can't be dealing with "are you sure you want to leave?" popups constantly.
- (2020-11-06, v:1.1.1) Will Ashley: Doesn't work when viewing PDFs
When you are viewing a PDF in chrome, the extension does not work
- (2020-10-12, v:1.1.1) Train Spotter: Google remote desktop issue
When using google remote desktop it detects backspace and goes back, which interrupts remote desktop session.
- (2020-05-25, v:1.1.1) nyanpasu: Backspace sometimes goes back on Google Docs
When I have a Google Doc focused, and type backspace to remove a character from my doc, sometimes this extension goes back a page instead.
- (2020-02-19, v:1.1.1) Gökhan Güler: Disabling in Chrome Remote Desktop
Hello. Thanks for the work, it helps a lot but can you make it so it is disabled automatically in Chrome Remote Desktop? I have to do it everytime since I can't write anything in Remote Desktop.
- (2019-08-29, v:1.1.1) Mark: Disable the control for the current site
Hi, I had to uninstall because there's no way to turn this off for flash-based sites like Balsamiq where the extension navigates backwards when you're typing into a Flash input field and press backspace to delete text. This (and probably many other problems) would be solved by adding a feature to disable the control on the current site.
- (2019-07-20, v:1.1.1) Cyndie Smith: Does not work
It has never worked since the day I installed it. No point keeping something that doesn't work so I'm uninstalling it.
- (2019-06-11, v:1.1.1) Natty Nizri: How to add to isolated machines?
Hi, how can I add this extension to Chrome running on a PC that is not connected to the internet (and can't be connected)? Thanks.
- (2019-04-09, v:1.1.1) David Stanley: Potential for a block-list of websites?
Hi, I've been using your plugin since it was first launched and find it to be fantastic. I've recently been asked to use a specific website for work but for some reason this website doesn't work like literally EVERY other website I've ever used. When I'm typing in a text box and make a mistake I press backspace/delete to remove the text. This website doesn't interpret this as an instruction to delete the text - it activates your extension and makes the browser go back. This means I am unable to delete text on this website unless I move the cursor and use the Delete button instead of backspace. While this is perfectly possible it's a fairly unnatural way to do it and when I'm typing quickly instinct kicks in and I use Backspace! This means I lose any of the work I've done. I've looked in the settings but can't find a way to blacklist certain websites from working with the plugin. I can see the option to create a list of sites that DO use it but adding every website in the world besides this one would be a little cumbersome! It would be far easier to create a blacklist and add this site to that instead. Is this a feature that could be implemented?
- (2018-08-11, v:1.1.1) Alex Cecrle: Toggle Option
Some input boxes just aren't recognized by the plugin. It would be nice for it to toggle the feature on/off on click of the icon.
- (2018-07-27, v:1.1.1) Don Carlos: Problem in Chrome 68.0.3440.75
Unfortunately, pressing backspace can only go back one step in the history. Trying to go back further steps, does nothing. In previous Chrome versions, this big problem didn't exist
- (2018-04-11, v:1.1.1) Metal Gear Excelsus: Youtube fullscreen problem
If I press back while watching a Youtube video in fullscreen and if the previous page is not a video that page it becomes unresponsive untill I press F11
- (2018-01-25, v:1.1.1) DJ Pennington: Ability to disable this add-on for specific pages
Some web-based applications use backspace shortcut (such as pixlr.com/editor), and it would be very helpful to be able allow specific sites to bypass this add-on. Thank you.
- (2017-12-19, v:1.1.1) Eduardo García: Stopped working
As Shiora says, this addon has stopped working
- (2017-12-18, v:1.1.1) Shiora Windswalker: Stopped working
This addon has stopped working